Shadow from the past

Reality Not Fantasy

Naeun went out of the car like an excited child and started skipping towards the entrance of the amusement park while Taemin looks at her with an obvious admiration in his eyes. She looked back at Taemin when she realize that he was not by her side and when she looked at him, she saw the admiration in his eyes directed to her and it made her heart beat faster. She stopped on her track and watch him as he walks towards her slowly like an angel with white wings. When Taemin reached her, he grabs her hand slowly and intertwined it with his pulling her softly to continue walking. Her heart was beating fast until they entered the amusement park where her jaw fell due to the sight in front of her.

“It’s beautiful.”

“Yes, it is.”

Taemin answered while looking at Naeun. She felt his gaze and blushed trying her best not to look at him.

“Thank you again oppa.”

“For what?”

“For remembering your promise, for bringing me here and for being with me right now.”

“No Naeun. Thank you for coming back to me.”

Naeun felt her heart stopped beating for a second then it went on rampage. She’s in love. Now, she’s very sure that she’s in love with Lee Taemin, her Childhood crush and the love of her life.

“Let’s go?”

She didn’t trust her voice so she just nodded. They rode all the different rides that Naeun wanted to try and ate on different stall. All the time Taemin just agreed with her and rode with her in every ride. Naeun felt so happy and thrilled at the same time. She felt like they were like teenage couple who are dating. They didn’t notice the time until they rode every ride in the park except for the Ferris wheel.

“It’s getting dark, do you want to go home?”

“Not yet. I want to watch the sunset up there.”

She said pointing at the Ferris wheel. Taemin smiled due to Naeun’s cuteness.

“Ok, but in one condition.”

“Anything? Just promise we’ll ride that before we go home.”

“Let’s go then.”

Taemin pulled her towards the Ferris wheel.

“I thought you have a condition?”

Taemin just smiled at her and continued walking. When they were inside the ride, silence engulfs them and Naeun decided to watch the sunset from the window when the ride suddenly stopped. Naeun screech and hugged Taemin due to her shook. When she finally calmed down, Naeun realize what she was doing and immediately let go of Taemin but Taemin held her in place.

“Please stay like this just for a while.”

Taemin said burying his face on the crook of her neck. Inhaling her sweet, intoxicating fragrant.

“Please Naeun, promise me that you’ll never leave me alone again. I don’t know if I’ll ever survive that pain again.”

Naeun felt like her heart was being squeezed. She can’t explain what she felt. Her emotions are in complete disarray. All she was able to do was to hug Taemin back harder. Taemin slowly let go and place his hands on Naeun’s cheeks. Naeun looked at Taemin straight to his eyes and the intensity of that look threw her unguarded.

“Naeun, I..”

Fireworks suddenly showed in the sky and Naeun wasn’t able to hear what Taemin said. She frowned and Taemin just smiled and turned Naeun facing the fireworks while hugging her from the back.

 

Taemin felt so complete with Naeun in his arms. They travelled home with comfortable silence around them and a smile that can brighten up the whole world. One again he held Naeun’s hand while the other one is holding the steering wheel. He only let’s go when needed and holds it again after. Naeun felt so warm and happy and due to her tiredness she fell asleep. They arrive at Taemin’s house, quarter to midnight. He slowly unbuckled Naeun’s seatbelt before going out and opening Naeun’s door. He gently shook her to wake her up and she groaned.

“Naeunieee~ we’re here.”

“To sleepy too walk.”

Naeun said with a groan. Taemin smiled thought of something. He slowly slid his hands under her legs and on her back. Naeun opened her eyes widening upon realizing what Taemin was planning to do. He carried her with a ease and close the door using his foot.

“Put me down! Oppa!”

“You said you can’t walk. I’m just doing you a favour.”

Taemin said with a smile while Naeun was blushing so hard. She stopped squirming and just laid her head on Taemin’s shoulder and inhaled his scent. Upon entering the foyer of the house, Taemin stood frozen and shock upon laying his gaze on the girl standing  in front of him. Naeun looked as well and it hit her. Pure jealousy and sadness came back to her heart. She slowly tried to get down from taemin’s arms and as soon as she set her foot on the ground she felt the same feeling when she went to America, emptiness. Complete emptiness.

“What are you doing here?”

Taemin said with obvious coldness in his voice. The girl slowly walked towards him and wrap her arms around Taemin’s waist.

“Didn’t you miss me oppa?”

Taemin forcefully remove her arms and push her slightly away from him. Naeun couldn’t take it anymore and slowly turned away but Taemin stopped her by holding her arms.

“Stay Naeunieee~, unlike her, you’re welcome in this home.”

Taemin pulled her to his side and wrap his arms around her securely. The girl’s gaze turned to Naeun and a sour expression showed yet she masked it as soon as it appeared.

“Oh, Naeun, long time no see best friend.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong chingus!
Here's an update after a very long hiatus!
Hope you enjoy and thank you for 
The non-ending support!

Saranghae! 3