Chapter 42

In Hope of Love ♥

"Hoseok, what are you doing here honey?" My mom said, surprised to see me when she opened the door. I walked in, into the home I had grown up in, and headed for the sitting room. I sat on one of the couched without saying a word and stared at the wall. My mom sat next to me and, instead of asking me what was wrong, my hair and patted my back.

"Mom, what do you really think about me getting married?" I asked her after a while.

"I couldn't be happier for you my dear. The fact that you have found someone you want to share the rest of your life with makes me so happy." She said warmly. "I have to admit to you that when your father announced your engagement to Mi Soo, I was infuriated. I don't want you forced into an arranged marriage and all the misery it entails like I was." I leaned my head on her shoulder and thought about what had just happened at the park, what I had seen, what had driven me to seek comfort in my mom.

"You don't think I'm too young to get married?" I felt like finding a reason to oppose the wedding.

"No." She said simply. "You are young but I don't think it matters, if you feel the time is right, I support you all the way sweetheart."

"Hmm."

"What's the matter? Problems with ___?"

"No, but that's probably because I ran away before we could have the fight." I muttered. She waited for me to explain so I did.

"Sweety, I hate to break it to you but I think you're overreacting."

"What?!" I jumped up. "Mom! You're suppose to be on my side!" I whined.

"I'm sorry but she wasn't doing anything wrong. If it makes you upset that she was hanging out with this boy then you need to talk to her. Communication is a key element in making marriage work. You can't just run away whenever something doesn't go your way. AND another thing! Jungkook was right, you and the rest of the boys were very inconsiderate of her with those sandwhiches because having a wife doesn't mean you have a maid Hoseok. It's not just you that you have to take care of now, you have somelse to look after now, just as she will look after you." I listened carefully to all of her advice and wondered if I really was ready to get married. "Don't worry kiddo, you'll get the hang of it as time passes." She smiled and kissed my forhead.

"Don't listen to your mother. You shouldn't get married at all, you're just an immature child." My father walked in and went straight to the small bar, serving himself a whiskey on the rocks.

"It's rude to eavesdrop father." I said, still not getting away from my mom's side. "And you didn't think I was an immature child when it was Mi Soo I was going to marry."

"That was when your marriage was going to have some benefit for the rest of us, you were not marrying someone just because." He said strictly.

"Be quiet!" My mom snapped and my father fell quiet. She was the only person I knew that had some control over my dad. "Alright Hoseok, it's time for you to go home and fix this with your soon to be wife." She smiled and led me to the door. "And tell her I say hello!" She kissed me good bye and sent me away.

"Alright, gotta go home."


"Is Hoseok here?" I ran into the house and asked all the boys. They all shook their heads.

"We want to formally apologize for what we did earlier. We shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that noona, we're sorry." They all group hugged me and I couldn't help but smile.

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean any harm by it." I hugged them back and we all made up.

"You should go upstairs noona, get some rest." Jungkook suggested. I went upstairs and opened the door to my apartment. Standing in the living room was Hoseok with a small bouquet of flowers.

"Hi." He said quietly.

"Hi." We stood in silence for a few minutes, just staring at each other awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." He started. "I'm sorry for behaving the way I did with the food and for overreacting when I saw you with Bang Yongguk and for running away and for leaving you and-" He sighed. "I'm just sorry." He hung his head low in shame.

"I forgive you." I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I was just so relieved that he was okay and safely back home. He hugged me back and we stood in silence some more. We parted and he handed me the flowers.

"Here. These are for you." He smiled a little.

"Thank you." I walked over to the table and placed my stuff on the table then grabbed an empty vase, filled it with water and placed the flowers in it.

"Are we okay?" Hoseok stood behind me.

"We're okay." I smiled.


"l'm sorry I didn't call sooner mom but I told Wendy so that she could tell you." I walked into the laundry room and put some clothes to wash while I held my phone between my head and my ear.

"I didn't want to hear about my daughters engagement from her manager!" My mom scolded on the other line.

"Sorry mom but I've already apologized several times, what else do you want me to do?"

"I guess there is nothing you really can do. What are you doing up so late anyways? Isn't it like midnight in Korea?"

"I'm doing laundry."

"Where is my future son-in-law? Is he there with you?" She was so excited about having Hoseok be a part of our family and she didn't even know him nor did she even speak the same language as him.

"No mom, he's working." I explained.

"What?! So late?" She didn't really understand how anything in the industry worked, especially not the Korean industry. "He should be resting. I bet he doesn't eat well either."

"Unfortunately, that is true. He doesn't sleep well and he doesn't eat right all the time either but that's just the way things work around here. I always make sure to pack a meal for him so he can eat whenever he gets the chance but there isn't much I can do about the sleeping thing. He sleeps whenever he can."

"He must work a lot."

"It's not always this intense but they're working on a comeback eight now so they rehearse almost non-stop for months in advance."

"Well I bet he's looking forward to getting some rest when you two come here for the wedding. Now I was thinking that we should have it in a garden. An outside wedding would be lovely, especially in May! I always pictured you having a spring wedding, haven't you?"

"What do you mean when we go there?" I laid on the couch.

"Obviously you are having the wedding here in the states, right? Our family is too big to have everyone fly to Korea and your grandfather! He is much too old to do that much traveling. Anyways, your sister and I saw some bridesmaid dresses and she loved them! Since she's the obvious choice to be your maid of honor, I think she should pick the dresses.." My mom started going on and on about wedding stuff while I thought about the descisions she was making for me.

I wanted to have the wedding on a beach, some exotic location like Hawaii. It was going to be a small wedding. Just close friends and family. And I love my sister very much but I wanted Lia to be my maid of honor. She'd been there for me from the start. She'd been by my side through all the hardships and the breakup, the surgery, all of it. It only seemed right that she be the maid of honor. I felt overwhelmed with it all and I just wanted to sleep.

"Mom, I gotta go. Talk to you later, I love you." I sighed and hung up before she could even say anything. I didn't want to think about what she had said so climbed into bed and covered myself with the thick and fluffy blanket for comfort. It wasn't long before I fell asleep. I woke up a couple hours later when I heard some noise in my room.

"Hey babe." Hoseok had just gotten home and was getting ready for bed.

"Hi honey." I was about to sit up when he came over to me and kissed me hello. I looked at my phone and the time was 3:30 a.m. "You must be exhausted." I made some space in bed for him and after turning off the light he joined me.

"I really am." He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled my neck. "How was your day?"

"It was good. How was yours?" I murmured, my eyes so heavy that I was barely conscious of our conversation.

"Exhausting but we got some really good practice in and ... and .." He was so exhausted he didn't even finish his sentence. Before we knew it, we were both asleep.
 


"How are you Mrs. Jung?" Hoseok's mother had called me early in the morning, something that had never happened before so it really surprised me.

"I'm well dear. I was calling to tell you that the women of the family and I have planned a brunch so they can get to know you, like a welcoming party. We can discuss wedding details too!" She sounded really excited.

"Oh, that sounds lovely." I smiled.

"It's going to be at my mothers house, Hoseok knows the way."

"Okay, Hosoek and I will meet you there soon." I hung up and went to find J-Hope.

"Hey, your mom just called me to invite us to some brunch thingy."

"Alright, I'll start getting ready soon." He looked away from his video game for a second to reach up and kiss me then went back to playing against Jungkook. I went back to my room to get ready. I tried to be really calm about meeting all of Hoseok's family but on the inside I was a nervous wreck, my stomach forming a tight knot at the pit. I played some music and started singing, distracting myself for the time being.

하루만 너와 내가 함께할 수 있다면
하루만 너와 내가 손잡을 수 있다면
하루만 너와 내가 함께할 수 있다면
하루만
너와 내가 함께할 수 있다면

Can you please stay with me?

The song ended and Hoseok walked in.

"Ready babe?" He was wearing a form fitted white button up shirt and some black slacks, he looked good.

"Ready." I smiled. "I think." I stared at my feet and questioned my entire life.

"You're going to be fine kid." He smiled.


"Welcome!"

"Come in~ Come in~!"

"Come and sit!"

Little old ladies along with younger looking women came flocking towards Hoseok and me the second we walked into his grandmothers home. Someone grabbed me from the wrist and forced me to sit in a chair at the center of the table.

"How are you doing deary?" A small, old woman came over to me and pinched my cheeks. I bowed and she placed her wrinkley lips on my cheeks.

"Hello ma'm." I smiled.

"Honey, this is my mother." Mrs. Jung introduced the woman to me. "Eomonnie, this is Hoseok's fiance, ____."

"It's a pleasure to meet you ma'm." 

"Likewise dear. My goodness, they weren't kidding when they said you were beautiful!" She my face once and smiled.

"Oh thank you, you are too kind."

"Hello~ I'm Myung Hee and this is my sister Myung Ok and we are Hosoeks cousins. Soon to be your cousins too!" Said a girl around my age as she neared me.

"Hello." Myung Ok added shyly.

"Hello, it's very nice to meet you both. Lots of women began to surround me, all of them talking at the same time, it was overwhelming.

"Alright! Alright! Everyone hush up!" Mrs. Jung finally came to the rescue and calmed everyone down."Let's get settled in and have some brunch so we can talk about the big day, shall we?" She clapped her hands excitedly. All the ladies sat around the table and I finally got the chance to scan the room to find J-Hope but he was nowhere in sight.

"So have we set a date?" A random woman asked.

"Um, not yet. It hasn't been very long since we got engaged and I haven't thought about any details."

"I think a spring wedding would be lovely! The color scheme could be somewhere along the lines of green and blue or maybe pink and purple." An aunt suggested.

"Rose! Your color should be rose!" The girl next to her said.

"No, no, no! It should be a traditional Korean wedding. We'll have a handmade wedding hanbok made out of the nicest silk fabrics!" Hoseok's grandmother argued.

"It could be a merge between modern and traditional grandmother." Myung Ok spoke up.

All of the women started to give their opinions about the wedding, whether it should be inside or outside, traditional or modern, in spring or fall, in the morning or in the afternoon, at a chapel or in a hall. They all clucked like hens. I smiled and nodded but inside I felt as though my head was going to explode. This went on for several hours until Hoseok finally showed up.

"I'm sorry ladies but my lady and I must go now." He smiled charmingly.

"No! Don't go!" They all cried.

"It was a pleasure meeting you all." I said politely but I really couldn't get out of there any faster.

"We must do this again dear." The grandmother bid me goodbye. After saying goodbye to what seemed like dozens of women we finally made it out to the car.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there at all today but my uncles took me out to "teach me" about marriage." He laughed.

"It's okay." I sighed and fell back in my seat.

"What's wrong?" He asked, worried.

"I'm just tired." I closed my eyes and fell asleep the whole car ride home. J-Hope woke me up and we were finally home. I walked in and was so happy to see that Lia was there with Namjoon. I really needed her right now.

"Hey there!" She greeted me and I almost collapsed in her arms. "What's wrong?"

"I'm so stressed I wanna cry!" I started talking to her in english so that none of the guys would understand. I tried talking in a normal tone so they wouldn't notice.

"C'mon kiddo, let's talk." We went upstairs and I vented to her.

"My mom wants the wedding to be in the U.S and Hoseoks family is already planning to have it here! Not even 5 minutes after we left the brunch, I got a text message from his mom. It was a picture of my wedding dress ... they chose my wedding dress!" I shouted. "How am I suppose to please everyone and still get my perfect wedding? Apparently everyone has forgotten that this is MY wedding!" I fell back on the couch. Lia comforted me by patting my back.

"If you need anything, just tell me."

"Thank you."

"What are you thinking?"

"I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe we shouldn't have a wedding at all."


Hello there! Long time no chapter, huh? Sorry 'bout that :3
Comment, subscribe, upvote, etc. & thanks for reading!

P.S I started reading the story over again and I felt a little nostalgic :')