Chapter 24

In Hope of Love ♥

"It is understandable as to why she is suffering of short term memory loss. The severity of the blow to her head from when she hit the floor was bad enough to cause this." The doctor was speaking to everyone in the room while he shined a small flashlight in my eyes checking dialation.

I'm fine doctor. I'm just a filthy liar who can't deal with her problems, so instead she is running away. I'm just a coward. I felt terrible but everyone was buying it.

"How far back can she remember?" I heard Lia ask with arms crossed, while Rap Monster hugged her from behind.

"Let's run a few tests" The doctor put away the flashlight and turned to look at me again. "Do you know your name?" I nodded and said my name out loud. "Good!" He smiled and continued "Do you know what counrty you are in?" "Korea." I said and he nodded. "Where are you from?" "I am from the United States." "What do you do for a living?" "I'm an actress." The doctor nodded and I could see hope in everyone's eyes, hope that slowly my memory would come back and I would remember them all. Being in the room with my eight favorite people made me want to give up the lie I had just created, I felt like I had no problems until suddenly the door opened and Mi Soo walked in.

"_____, I'm so happy you're awake!" She walked over and linked arms with Hoseok while looking at me and smiling. My heart shattered and I realized then that I couldn't stop the lie, it was something that just had to be done.

"Who are you?" I acted puzzled and so did she.

"What do you mean?" Mi Soo asked. Hoseok looked intently into my eyes and the blank face that looked back at him pretty much stabbed him in the heart. It hurt me deeply when I saw tears flow out of his sad and tired eyes while he turned away and pulled Mi Soo out of the room, probably to explain what was going on with me.

Mianhe oppa.

"Why are you in Korea?" The doctor asked  while interrupting my thoughts.  I shrugged and he continued with his questionnaire for another ten minutes. My answers were so vauge that the doctor came to the conclusion that anything that happened in the last 2 to 3 months may take me a long time to remember. When he gave the news to everyone I could see their hope vanish and my insides were really tying up in a knot at the frustration.

"I highly recommend that you all talk to her about things you have done, maybe show her pictures or videos of you all to jog her memory" And with that the doctor left the room.

The silence was awkward and I didn't really know how to break it. Luckily Jungkook did it for me.

"Noona my name is Jungkook" He sat at the edge of my bed and smiled while everyone, including Hoseok and Mi Soo who had come back into the room, watched.

"Hi Jungkook" I smiled back.

"Do you remember anything about me?" His voice was soft and comforting.

"Aniya" I replied while shaking my head. Jungkook looked away for a brief second and then looked back at me and I could tell that he was trying to hold back tears. "Jungkook, are we close?" I continued.

"Very close" He smiled with watery eyes.

"Tell me about us" I tried to smile.

"You and I use to love to go eat fish cakes with the ahjumma that sells them two blocks away from our house. We use to have the best time when I would try to teach you how to dance.." He laughed while a small tear left his eye "... it was so funny because you have two left feet. I took you to your first jimjilbang and I even taught you how roll the towel on your head. You have helped over the past few months trying to learn English and I would help you improve your Korean and we even talked about me going to live with you in the U.S for a few months after you left Korea.." His voice trailed off and more tears began to flow. "Noona, you were my best friend and I hope you didn't forget how much I love you".

By now tears were running down my cheeks and I hated myself for doing this to Jungkook.

"I'm sorry Jungkook" I said and pulled him into a tight hug.

"It's not your fault you can't remember Noona" He pulled away and kissed my forhead.

"We should let her rest guys, it's alot for her to take in all at once" Jin said and smiled at me.

"Who is going to stay with her tonight?" I heard Yoongi ask out loud.

"I'll sta-" Hoseok was about say when Jin cut him off.

"I'll do it" He shouted and started scooting everyone out of the room.

"Goodnight noona!" He waved.

"Sleep tight Jungkook" I smiled.

I waved at everyone and once they were all out of my room Jin shut the door behind them. He came back to my bed and tucked me in then sat down on the edge next to me

"Get some rest, you need it" He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I'm Jin by the way" He smiled.

"Thank you Jin" I smiled and slowly drifted off to sleep.

__________________

Jimin's Point of View

I finished washing my hands and made my way out of the bathroom back to ____-ah's room. When I was turning the corner I saw a tall figure knock and walk into her room and I didn't get a clear look at his face.

"The guys are down at the cafeteria and Lia noona isn't going to get here for at least another hour, so who was that?" I kept trying to think of anyone else who would come to visit ____ . "Think Jimin think!" I kept telling myself but it didn't work. I crept to the room and listened to the conversation going on inside through the barely open door.

"I came as soon as I heard, how do you feel?" A deep voice said and I figured it was that guy.

"I'm fine. Thankfully nothing major happend" _____-ah said.

"I heard you lost your memory but how come you remember me?" The deep voice asked.

"I-I don't know?" I heard her stutter.

"Did you lie about losing your memory?".

'She did what?! Here we are crying our eyes out because she can't remember us and it turns out she's lying?'

I didn't here a response from her but the guy continued by asking why so I assumed that _____-ah had nodded yes.

"I had too. It's the only way that I can end things with Hoseok without  causing him any problems" She almost whispered.

"What kind of problems?" He asked.

"Hoseok is engaged to some girl that his parents love. I think it's best for him to marry her and be happy with her.." Her voice trailed off and was replaced with tears. "His parents would never accept me and even if they did, I still have to go back to America and the thought of leaving him is unbelievably painful. If he's with her than it won't hurt him".

I couldn't believe my ears and the thought of ____-ah enduring all of this alone made me upset.

"Please don't tell anyone that I'm lying" I heard her plead and I waited for his response, not once expecting to hear what I did.

"I, Bang Yongguk, promise to help you forget all about Jung Hoseok".

__________________

Guess who's back?

It's Yongguk baby!

Please let me know what you thought! :)

Comment, Subscribe, and Thanks for reading! ^^

P.s I can't wait for their comeback! I almost passed out watching the teaser and album preview! <3

How did you all feel about it?? :D