Chapter 41

In Hope of Love ♥

"Well that went well.." I muttered, dropping my bag on the floor and fell on to the couch.

"How goes the engagement?" Jungkook asked from the other side of the couch where he was laying. He put down the manga book he was reading and looked at me.

"Terrible." He sat up and patted his lap. I layed me head on his lap and rested my feet up on the arm rest of the couch.

"Talk to me noona." He played with my hair.

"It was a total disaster!" I flung my arms up in frustration. "Hoseok's dad hates me so much he didn't talk to me at all during the entire meal."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously! His mom seemed to really like me but his dad just hates me." I covered my face with my hands.

"Noona, it'll be alright, just relax. The only thing that matters is that you love each other and that you're getting married." The way he was playing with my hair did relax me. "Where's Hope hyung?"

"He's downstairs with the guys. By the way, what are you doing in my apartment? Why aren't you downstairs with everyone else?"

"I wanted to read but it was kinda loud down there so I came up here. I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not!" I smiled and sat up. "And thanks Kookie, thanks for telling me it's going to be okay." I hugged him.

"Anytime noona, anytime." We hugged it out and I went to the kitchen. I started pulling things out of the fridge and cupboards left and right. 

"You're hungry? Didn't you just come from a restaurant?" Jungkook joined me in the kitchen. 

"I was so uncomfortable and annoyed that I lost my appetite. I ate a piece of bread and that's it, so trust me, I'm starving. Have you eaten already?" I looked over to the clock, it was 11 a.m.

"Mhmm..." I could easily tell he was lying. Lately I had noticed that Jungkook had developed a habit of not eating breakfast.

"What are you making?" He asked, very discreetly looking over to my ingredients.

"I'm going to eat a sandwich with chips and stuff. Would you like one?" I offered. He shook his head. "C'mon, I don't want to eat alone.." I had to insist as if I really needed him to eat with me for my benefit but the reality was that it was for his.

"Alright but don't be stingy with the chips and stuff." He smiled. I prepared him a hearty sandwich and placed a handful of chips on the side. I gave him his plate and then served him an icy cold tea.

"Thank you noona." He motioned me to get close to him and when I did he gave me a peck on the cheek.

"No problem kiddo." I smiled. Once I finished his food I started making my own sandwich and at the same time, the rest of the members walked in.

"What you got there Kookie?" Suga asked, eyeing his food.

"We're eating sandwiches? Yum!" Namjoon clapped his hands together.

"Noona, can I have extra meat on mine?" Jimin requested.

"No tomato on mine please!" V pulled up a chair. 

"Make sure you put mayo on mine please!" Jin said from my couch. 

"Babe, do you mind putting cheese on mine?" Hoseok kissed me on the cheek and headed to the fridge for something to drink. 

"Uh,  yeah. 6 sandwiches coming right up.." I said rather reluctantly. I started making the rest of the sandwiches and noticed that Jungkook wasn't eating anymore. He had only taken two bites from his sandwich and was now just staring at everyone. He looked angry.

"Here you guys go. One with cheese, one with mayo, no tomatoes, extra meat and these are yours." I handed everyone their food, chips included, and went for cups to give them their iced tea. 

"Babe, this is too much cheese.." Hoseok complained when he bit into it.

"Noona, I think you put tomatoes in this." V cringed.

"I wanted mayo in mine.."

"Ew, this one has mayo. I think it's yours." The complaints kept coming left and right.

"Oh, didn't I mention? I saw some grapes in our fridge and I wanted grapes instead of chips." Jimin said when I gave him his drink. 

"But that's downstairs.." I said slowly. He stared at me as if not understanding that I didn't want to go all the way downstairs.

"I can wait." He smiled. I was getting to my boiling point with everyone. I wasn't in the best mood and they just kept pushing my buttons. I walked downstairs to their fridge to grab Jimins grapes, not because he told me to but because I wanted to get away from them all. Once I was back upstairs I gave Jimin his grapes and put the chips he had rejected back in the bag. I started to gather things to make one last sandwich and realized there wasn't enough.

Are you serious? There's nothing left! No meat! No cheese! No lettuce! NOTHING! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I yelled in my mind. I rolled my eyes to myself and started cleaning up instead.

"Babe, you're not going to eat anything?" Hoseok asked when I was done.

"No." I said, my voice was dead flat.

"Why not?" He asked with a mouthful of food. I inhaled deeply and calmed myself before I let my anger get the best of me.

"Are you freaking serious?!" Jungkook burst out. He suprised everyone with his shouting, including myself.

"What?" Hoseok asked, confused.

"She isn't eating anything because there is no food! You guys ate it all! To make matters worst, you are all ungrateful jerks who complain that you don't like how your food turned out! Did any of you even care to say thank you? NO! I don't even understand why the hell you guys are eating, you all ate a FULL meal no more than two hours ago! Did anyone even care to say thank you? NO!" He turned to Hoseok. "You ate even less than an hour ago! How inconsiderate do you have to be to not have noticed that your fiance didn't eat anything earlier, huh? How could you not realize that she is starving and sacrifice your food for her, huh?" He kept yelling.

"Jungkook, calm down.." I said half-heartedly. I didn't want to stop him because he was saying everything I was holding in, just to not be rude.

"No noona, I'm only speaking the truth. Now let's go, I'm treating you to some lunch." He grabbed my hand and picked up my bag from the floor then dragged me out the door.

"Jungkook where are we going?" We had walked a few blocks when he pulled me into a small restaurant I had never been to. "This is a cute place.." I smiled when we sat in a booth.

"What can I serve you today?" The waitress took our orders and left us to talk alone.

"I'm sorry about that outburst earlier, I just really hate seeing people take advantage of you." He apologized sweetly.

"Don't worry about it Kookie, I was on the verge of bursting myself but I didn't want to be a jerk to anyone." I smiled. "And thank you for defending me."

"Alright, enough of that, let's talk about something else, shall we?" He suggested.

"Mmm, so what's going on with you?" I asked.

"Nothing much, just work is all." He looked around the place and his eyes stopped in one particular direction, the door. I turned to see what he was staring at and there stood a girl. She was short and very pretty, her hair cascading past her shoulders. She looked around the restaurant and her eyes also stopped at Jungkook. I felt really awkward sitting in the middle and ruining their moment.

"Do you know her?" I asked him quietly.

"She's this girl I've kind of been seeing.." He mumbled to himself.

"What?!" I said in a low whisper.

"Noona, be cool!" He hissed.

"Jungkook?" The girl came up to our table shyly.

"Oh, hi Soo Hyun." He said nervously. I could see small beads of sweat building up on his forhead.They didn't say anything else after that. Instead they just avoided each others stares awkwardly.

"Ahem." I cleared my throat.

"Oh! Soo Hyun this is my noona, noona this Soo Hyun." I waved. "She's the one I told you just got engaged to my hyung."

"Oh, well congratulations!" She beamed. She was really cute!

"Are you here alone Soo Hyun?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was actually going to order some take-out and eat at home."

"Oh, is that so? Well actually, I just remembered that I have to be somewhere soon so maybe you would like to join Jungkook in my place?" I grabbed my bag and slid out of my seat.

"Oh, I don't- I don't know.." She stuttered.

"Noona what are you doing?!" Jungkook hissed at me.

"Please sit." I lightly shoved her to sit. "I hope you enjoy your meal and I will see you at home." I winked to Jungkook and bowed. "Nice meeting you!"

"Likewise." She replied sweetly. Once I was outside the door I walked mindlessly down the street.

"There goes another meal that just slipped away.." My tummy grumbled. I looked at my watch and it read 1:30 p.m. It was almost going to be 2 in the afternoon and I still hadn't eaten anything. "Aish, at this point I'll eat anything as long as it's edible!" I crossed over to the park across the street and continued to walk until I came across a food tent. I walked inside and all the tables were filled with drunk old men. "It's early in the day and they're drunk already?"

"Next?" The ahjumma running the tent yelled. I walked up to her. "What can I get you?"

"Can I have a bowl of spicy ramen and a bottle of soda please?" I paid her and waited for my order to be ready.

"Spicy ramen?" She called out. I grabbed my bowl, chopsticks, and soda and headed outside to a park bench. I sat down and enjoyed the warm sensation in my tummy.

"Oh god this is the most delicious thing ever!" I was so happy with my simple noodles.

"They say that when you're truly hungry, anything and everything tastes good," A deep voice sitting next to me said.

"Omo!" I jumped, pretty startled. I turned to see who it was that was talking to me and I couldn't believe my eyes. "Bang Yongguk? Oh my god what are you doing here?!" I shrieked, I was so happy to see him!

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" He threw his arms up and invited me in for a big hug. "When did you comeback?" He smiled.

"Well it's been awhile actually. I wanna say about a month maybe? I don't know if you heard but Jungkook got really sick some time ago and as soon as I found out I came back." We started catching up and talked for hours at the park.

"Oh my, it's already 4:30!" I said looking down at my watch.

"Do you have somewhere to be? Want me to walk you home?" Yongguk kindly offered.

"Eh, I don't really want to be at home right now." I mumbled. The whole time we had been talking I had refrained from mentioning my extremely new engagement with Hoseok.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Things are a bit tense right now. Jungkook got in a bit of a fight with everyone because of me and I feel like if I go home right now, everything is going to be awkward or everyone is just going to be all huggy and apologetic. I don't really feel like dealing with it." I explained.

"I see."

"Mm." I stared at my feet.

"Don't worry, it'll be alright." He put his arm around me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thanks Yongguk." I pulled away and just stared at him.

"What?" I didn't answer but instead started poking his cheek.

"Yah, cut it out!" He laughed.

"No." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I didn't want to have to do this but you asked for it!" Suddenly he started tickling my stomach and I couldn't control my laughter.

"No! Yongguk .. Please stop! ..." I said between laughter. "I have to pee!" I kept laughing.

"What the hell is this?" A voice suddenly said. Both Yongguk and I looked up and, no matter how rough earlier had been, it was the worst possible scenerio I had been in all day. "I asked you a question, what the hell is this?"

"Hoseok-ah, it's not what you think, I just-" I tried explaining.

"Mhmm, yeah right." He his heels and just started running.

"Hoseok wait!" I ran after him but he was too fast for me. I ran and ran until I was totally out of breath but I simply couldn't catch up. "Wait!" I yelled. I stopped running and just dropped to my knees.

"Are you okay?" Yongguk caught up and was kneeling next to me but I ignored him. I simply stared at Hoseok's now barely visible figure.

"It's not what you think.."

_________________________

Hey there! Long time no update right? First off, I am so sorry for having stopped the updates for four months! D: I am a terrible authornim, I know. It's been so long that I don't even know if this chapter makes sense with the story ^^ Anyhow, I have been working on my other BTS stories so please forgive but now I'm back! :) Thank you to all the loyal subscribers and to all the new subscribers, welcome! I hope this chapter was enjoyable, if it was, please comment, subscribe, upvote, etc and thanks for reading!

P.S Sorry for any grammar mistakes.