Chapter 20

Sugar! ah Honey, Honey!

 

-SUGAR’S POV-

Today, i finally got the chance to email my parents. I really really miss them, including my bipolar-like mom, and also the dad that I don’t see often since he’s always on business trips.

My friends decided to tag along and email their parents as well.

“Uh, Hi? Where is the computer room?” I asked a counselor who happened to be walking down the dirt path at the moment.

“it’s in the main office, so just go there and ask the receptionist for the computer room.” He replied and indicated in the direction of the main office with his forefinger.

“Okay, thanks.” I smiled and we walked on ,“So, who else is going to email their parents?” I turned to walk backwards so that I could look at them.

Only Amber raised her hand.

“I’m going to complain about the camp food to my dad.” She grinned. The rest just looked at each other, seeing who else was going to email their family.

“What?? Only Amber?” I exclaimed in disbelief.

“Well, we normally don’t see our parents much anyways…so we’re kinda used to it.” Minho answered, the other members nodded in agreement. It seems logical enough, I turned to Taeyeon.

“And you?” As those words left my mouth, she looked at me with a look that…I don’t know how to describe it, let’s just say it looked like this : = =.

“What?” I almost tripped over a small rock, but regained my balance. Key spluttered, I glared at him.

“I write letters, don’t own a computer.” She simply replied, “…tree.”

I stopped and turned, just in time to be face to face with a palm tree, growing in the middle of the road. And on it was…

HOLY GEEZUS A HUGE BUG STANDING RIGHT THERE.

I screamed and flailed, running back to Taeyeon just in time to escape the bug, who decided to flap away as soon as I screamed, heading in the direction of us.

“Sugar, you don’t have to be so scared, it’s just a –HOLY! THE MOTHERING BUG IS ON ME! GET IT OFF!” Jonghyun waved his arms wildly as the bug landed on his hair for the briefest moment. I started laughing crazily, bent over in half so that I could almost smell the dirt road. So much for telling me ‘not to be scared’.

~

‘Dear mom and Cassie,

I miss you both so ing…’

I was not even two sentences into the email when I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned to see an old looking counselor standing there with her hands on her hips.

“No swearing in here, missy.” She said, tight lipped, then strode away to monitor my friends on their computers. I sighed, and dramatically punched at the delete button until my swear word was gone.

‘I miss you both so much! It’s been already 2 to 3 weeks since I’ve came here…everything is alright here, the weather is nice and all…how is everything back home?

                                                                                                            Love, Sugar.’

I read over it and clicked ‘send’, it wasn’t much, but I really don’t have much to say right now except for how much I miss them, so I guess that is all I would say for. Next, I opened a new window and put Eunmi’s email address into the recipent list.

I told her how much I miss her, and how bad the food is, asking how is school, who she’s hanging out with (I really hope it’s not the girl I don’t exactly like…), oh, and of course, I told her that the SHINee boys were here, she should know them.

I leaned back and stretched.

So very tired, even though all I’ve done was type two emails.

~

“Whatcha doin’…oh.” I trailed off as I saw what was on their screens.

“Minecraft? Really?” They didn’t answer me and continued running around this pixilated world. I personally think online games are just plain stupid.

“My gosh, I can’t believe YOU’RE playing it.” I jabbed at Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Hey, I’ve never played these things before, besides, it’s fun!” She replied, eyes never leaving the computer screen. I rolled my eyes.

“Wait till’ you get tired of it…” I muttered. Yes, I admit. I did play Minecraft before, so I’m saying that from my own personal experience, it made me procrastinate like hell and got scolded by teacher Mong every single day...One of the main reasons why I think online games are stupid.

“Taeyeon is pretty good at this, I mean she’s beating me!” Onew exclaimed, eyes fixed on the screen. I peered at Taeyeon, who was blushing at the compliment.

“Hyung, everybody beats you!” Jonghyun laughed loudly, some people in the computer lab glanced at us. Taeyeon’s face fell.

“Shut up!” Onew barked, unhappy with the other male’s rude remark.

Just then, that old counselor strolled over, my friends skillfully switched screens and pretended to be typing up an email. I stood there, frozen on the spot. My hands were gripping Taeyeon’s chair nervously.

“Miss Seoltang, what are you doing behind your friend’s computer? Is there something interesting to look at on it?” She asked, and looked over my shoulder.

“Uh, no.” I decided then and there on the spot that I didn’t like her.

“Then why were you staring intently at it?”

Why does she want to know?

“Um. I was helping her…helping her…” I was at loss for words.

Suddenly, Taeyeon turned around, her eyes were full of tears, “…She was helping me find the right words to express my sadness to my mom, oh how much I miss my mom!” She wailed, the counselor, who luckily didn’t know that Taeyeon was a country girl with no computer or whatsoever at home, forgot about me and started coaxing Taeyeon.

Once the counselor was gone, I lightly punched Taeyeon’s arm as she and the rest of my friends switched back to playing Minecraft.

“Kim Taeyeon, you’re amazing, you know?”

“Yea, I know.” She grinned cheekily, “Hey, pass me the tissue, will ya?”

~

The next morning, Becky had a special announcement, as usual.

“So, it is now December. And I’m sure everyone has felt the drastic change of weather around here. Anyways, I have some REALLY EXCITING NEWS!”

We cheered, as usual.

“…So, it’s time for you to…get your schooling schedules!”

As usual, we…wait. What?

A murmur of confusion ran through the crowd, somebody dropped their cup and it clattered loudly on the floor.

“Why do you all look so confused?” Now it was Becky’s turn to be confused, then she realized and let out a loud laugh,”…Oh I see! We’ve treated you with too much fun things that you’ve forgotten that this was an educational camp!”

Smart, Becky, Smart.

At the mention of the word ‘educational’, the whole cafeteria groaned. I swear I just heard somebody sob.

“Don’t be so negative, I’m sure it would be just as fun as the activities!” She grinned.

“Sure…” Amber muttered gloomily.

“Go tell your dad to let us have activity extension please?” Jonghyun shook Amber’s arm, who shook her head.

“As much as I hate the schooling schedules, i can’t do that. How many times do I have to say that I can’t take advantage of my father!” She whispered furiously, but unlike before, she didn’t tell Jonghyun to get his arms off of hers. Instead, she glanced down briefly at it and then turned to pay attention to what Becky was saying about the schedules.

And of course, Jonghyun happily obliged in keeping his arm there.

~

My hands practically shook when I brought my schedule up to my face. My eyes scanned the time table and then i flicked over to the page of my class list on the next page. It looks just about like any other time table of normal schools…not that I’ve been to one, but Eunmi had always complained about what subject she had next, how time seemed to drag on, how recess was too short…I’ve probably remembered her whole schedule by now.

First thing I did was look for my friends.

No, no…no…no,…My heart literally sank to the pit of my stomach as I looked over the first half of the names printed on the list.

Then I spotted a name, my nostrils flared.

‘Kim Kibum’

Oh geez.

============================================================

Herro! I’m back :3 I think I lost track of time though *_* I hope nobody lost interest in my story in the time I was gone. Oh my gosh, to say the truth, I don’t really feel like continuing this story…what’d you guys think? But I don’t want this story to be a failure like my first one…

I’ve been reading too much …maybe I should make a Jongkey version of this story after I finish this :) but oh well, I’ll just continue this and then think about future things later.

+

[Music; Hello – SHINee (I’m addicted to that song all over again XD I got my non-kpop friends to like it too :3 I feel so proud.)

[Eating; forgot what is in my mouth. Some kind of biscuit.

[Mood; tired, but alright larh :) because CHRISTMAS BREAK IS HERE, HELL YH~~

byebye xx.