are wE THere Yet?

Make the Best of It

Weeks have gone by since the girl talk. The girls are working hard to get 2ne1 to debut. Dara no longer spent her mornings exercising with the girls. Instead, she spent her time in the recording studio with Big Bang, Teddy and/or Kush, or just alone. She learned to save her work on a USB, giving the boys back their recording studio. However, there are some times (almost always) where the boys pop in to visit her. Dara didn't mind. They gave her pointers and entertainment whenever they visited. At some point, she has to kick them out for distracting her too often, just like today.

"Out. Now." Dara growled. Seungri, not wanting to die early, fled the studio in a flash.

"You two," Dara pointed to Yongbae and Jiyong,"Adios."

Yongbae raised his hands, surrendering to the petite, furious woman and swiftly left the room. Watching Yongbae leave, Dara rose her brow at the last musketeer who sat comfortably on his seat. 

"Ji. Ka." Dara glare down to the brown haired boy.

"No," Jiyong brushed her off effortlessly,"I want to see what you're going to do with the track."

Dara sighed exasperatedly,"Ji, you'll hear it when I'm finished with it. I really want to do this song alone."

"But-" 

"You've been helping me with all the songs I've been composing and I'm thankful for that," Dara breathed,"but I really want to see how far I've improved from all your help."

"I want to play with the track, though" Jiyong grumbled. He's such a child sometimes Dara mused.

"I thought of it, Ji. Play with your own tracks you've came up with."

"I can't help it if I like yours better than my own right now" Jiyong pouted.

"Not my problem" Dara giggled. Jiyong stares at the recording devices longingly.

"How about this, once I finish the song, you'll be the first to hear it." Dara suggested.

"B-"

"Kwon Jiyong. No more buts from you. You'll be the first to hear it, take it or leave it." Dara demanded.

"Fine.." Jiyong sighed and walked dejectly out the recording studio. He's too cute for his own good. Dara shook her head.  Mianhae Jiyong. 

Dara lied to Jiyong. The reason why she didn't him around was because the song she was currently working on involved her insecurities. She wasn't comfortable to expose all her insecurities to Jiyong. 

Insecurities and weaknesses. It is a song that every girl will relate to. She even got the chorus written down on a back of a Sephora receipt.

Dara played the track. She waited a bit before taking a deep breath:

 

"I think im ugly
and nobody want to love me 
Just like her I want to be pretty, I wanna be pretty
Don't lie to my face cuz I know I'm ugly"

 

Jiyong's Haru Haru inspired her to reveal her vunerability through music. The song is a challenge and a favor, a challenge to see how well she can convey herself with music and a favor to be able to express the worries of a woman. Besides, showing her vunerability to the world will be good for her. Correction, Dara thought, 2ne1 showing their vunerablilty to the world will be good for them. These lyrics screamed weak to her.

It was perfect.

 

~

 

Dara trudged out the studio tiredly. She finished the song hours later but had to cancel on the girls for the rest of the day. Pulling forth her insecurities on the table to compose the song was emotionally draning. Bringing out the emotions wasn't hard. There's always more insecurities than strengths in a woman. Unless you're Lee Chaerin, aka CL Dara mused. Conveying herself was the difficulty. Giving a quick call to Taegu, she told him to take charge of dance practice today. Her eyes started to droop. There was no way she can get home safely like this. She was not capable to drive right now. Stepping into the elevator, Dara pushed for the top floor and waited for the elevator to ring. She smacked herself on the head, in attempt to wake her up a bit, and walked into YG's office.

"Sajang Nim?" Dara called out. YG looked up from his desk.

"Dara?" YG stared at her exhausted form.

"Can I...sleep here for a bit?" Dara rubbed her eyes.

"Sure.." YG watched her lay on his couch, pillow tucked beneath her head, and fall asleep within seconds. 

 

 

 

 

...Was he really working his employees so harshly that they request to sleep in his office? YG placed his pen down. He slowly rised from his seat and took a blanket out of his closet. Carefully placing the blanket on Dara, he went back to his work. 

Hey... he was the CEO of YGE. He had work to do. 

 

 

 

YG filed the last paperwork of the day before he stretched his back. He groaned hearing the satisfying crack from his back. Glancing at the time, YG decided he's been stuck in his office for way too long. He needs to go home. Now. Checking his schedule, YG wanted to smack himself. How did he forget he had a flight to catch in a few hours? Muttering to himself, YG gathered the neccessary files he needed to take with him and stuffed it into his briefcase. He needed to leave. Now. Walking towards the elevator and pass the sleeping figu- YG froze. Swiftly turning around to Dara still sleeping on his couch, YG silently cursed. This girl... He didn't have time for this. Swiftly taking his phone out and dialed a person he knew was still in the building, working.

"Hyung? Wha-"

"Are you busy right now?" YG interrupted.

"I'm at the recording stu-"

"Come to my office as soon as possible." YG hung up.

 

 

Well someone's in a bad mood. Jiyong stared at his phone. Saving his progress and collecting his stuff, Jiyong left the studio quickly. Hopping onto the elevator, he wondered why YG called him up so urgently. The elevator opened.

"Hyung?" Jiyong walked out nervously.

"Great, you're here. I have flight to catch in a bit and I can't take care of her right now. I couldn't wake her up, so take care of her for me okay? You're awesome Jiyong," YG walked into the elevator and left.

"Wait! What?" Jiyong stared at the elevator confused,"Who's she?" That's when Jiyong found Dara sleeping soundlessly on YG's couch, completely unaware of what just happened. 

"Why is she sleeping here?" Jiyong muttered to himself. Walking towards her, Jiyong instantly knew why YG couldn't wake her up. She had bags under hey eyes and was dead to the world. She looked utterly exhausted.

Jiyong stared her. Her hair stuck out in various of directions yet she incredibly pretty to him. Dara never needed makeup so she never wore makeup. Her skin was flawless, her lips had the perfect hue of pink to go with her pale complexion. Dara's button nose really matched her Santokki nickname. His bunn-Jiyong slapped himself. 

No. Slap. She doesn't belong to you. Slap. Jiyong didn't realize how close he was to her until now. Smacking himself on his head again, he walked to YG's other couch, adjacent to Dara's.

 

-Slap- 

 

Not.

 

-Slap-

 

Yours.

 

Jiyong growled at himself. He looked at the sleeping, clueless woman before him. He knows he's attracted to her. She's beautiful. She composes. She's silly and fun. She gets along with s. She's a hard worker and very passionate with her work.  Her loyalty to 2ne1 is phenomenal. She's just- SLAP.

 

God damn.

 

-SLap-

 

He needs to.

 

-Slap-

 

Control himself!

 

Pinch. "Ow!" Jiyong winced. Okay, I think that's enough Jiyong rubbed his arm.

What now? Jiyong thought. YG called him a little before two in the morning. Now it was two thirty-five.

Welp, he can't do much now. Since he chickened out to wake her up, Jiyong the plasma screen t.v., setted to the lowest volume, and laid comfortably on the couch.

'Hyung, do you have any blankets in your office?" Jiyong texted his boss. He hoped YG hasn't boarded the plane already. The night was getting cold and the both of them were going to need more covers then her blanket and whatever he was wearing. Thankfully, he received a text from YG.

'The closet to the opposite side of where the computer's at.' Jiyong quickly replied back, 'Thanks Hyung!'

Jiyong bounced off the couch and opened the closet. Spotting three blankets- Why does he have blankets here?- Jiyong took all three out. Gently placing one of the blankets on Dara, Jiyong laid comfortably on the other with blankets securing his warmth.

Jiyong glanced at Dara for a bit. It was so awkward, yet nice right now. The atmosphere felt warm and homey but would turn cold the instant Dara wakes up. A part of him wanted her to be awake to enjoy this moment with him but another part of him wanted her to sleep as long as possible. Jiyong yawned, feeling drowzy himself. He dozed of minutes later.

 

 

Dara stirred in her sleep. Her muscles were aching from staying the same position for too long. Feeling a yawn coming, Dara stretched her arms and let out a silent yawn. Where was she again? Right she asked YG Appa to let her sleep on his couch, that why Jiyong is sleeping on the couch a few feet away from her. Yup. Dara scratched the back of her head. That's how sh-hold up. Dara snapped her head to the sleeping Jiyong. Now completely awake, she noticed the YG office lights were off and the only light source in the room was the t.v. on a music bank reruns. The blankets on her, that wasn't there when she was awake. But then again Dara thought I was pretty wiped out. I barely reached the couch. 

Dara whipped out her phone, and gawked at the time. It's five thirty?! Dara looked at the window YG had behind his desk. The sun was raising. I spent a night in YG's office with Jiyong. Dara blushed. Okay.. no dirty thoughts at that thought, Dara shook her head.

She walked away from the couch and into the corner of YG's office. There was a door leading to YG's spare room. Walking pass the room and into his private bathroom Dara gawked at her reflection. Well, it's not that bad Dara shrugged her shoulders. After desparately trying to tame her bed hair with her fingers, Dara washed her face. Spotting the mouthwash on the side of sink, Dara didn't hesitate to use it. If she was going to walk out of this building, she had to look somewhat hygenic. Spitting the mouthwash into the sink, Dara checked her appearance once more before leaving. 

She spot a some sticky tabs on YG's desk and wrote a quick note to Jiyong

Thanks for taking care of me! :)
I definitely owe you one next time!!
-Santokki 

Glancing at the sleeping figure, Dara's eyes soften. Really, he could've just woken her up but he spent the night with her. Dara was tempted to caress his cheeks but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Instead... she took a photo of him sleeping. Dara smiled. It's her little secret. Placing the her previously used blankets on him, she left the YG office.

Dara didn't leave the YG building yet. Rather than leaving, Dara visited the cafeteria. Dara exhaled in relief when she noticed a few staff memebers were up and ready for the day. No one was at the cash register but she noticed a chef walking to the kitchen.

"Ah...excuse me!" Dara called. The chef spotted Dara waving at him.

"Yes?"

"Uh..May I ask a favor from you?"

 

 

 

 

 

Something smelled good. Real good but he didn't want to wake up. Jiyong groaned and shuffled the blankets around. Trying to find a better position to sleep, Jiyong rolled over. He rolled alright, right onto the floor. Finally somewhat awake, Jiyong remembered being called from the studio by YG. So where's...? Jiyong looked over to the empty couch next to him. She gone. Okay. Rubbing his eyes, he smelled something good again. Still dazed, Jiyong looked at the source of delicious smell. Food. Scrambled eggs, sasuages, pancakes, bacon and...Jiyong poked the white fluffy mountain on the plate, mash potatoes? There was even a glass of orange juice and a small cup of syrup. English breakfast...Jiyong spotted the note next to the plate of food. 

Thanks for taking care of me! :)
I definitely owe you one next time!!
-Santokki

p.s. I made breakfast for you, 
       eat while it's warm! &
there's a disposable toothbrush for you.
Theres a bathroom in the corner of YG's office. 

She made this..? Jiyong stared at the plate of food. She can cook? Not wanting to waste the food, Jiyong grabbed the disposable toothbrush and followed Dara's instructions. 

Well this is akward, Jiyong stared at the bedroom. Trying to ignore the fact he was invading his boss's, CEO of YGE, space, he steadily made his way to the bathroom. After cleansing himself, Jiyong checked his phone. Apparently he wasn't busy or important lately since no one has texted or called him. 

8:14... Jiyong stuffed some bacon in and chewed. What time was she awake to make breakfast for him? Swallowing, he picked at the mash potatoes. He didn't know why he was surprised that Dara could cook. He finished the plate in the matter of minutes and was craving for more. Damn, that was good Jiyong pouted. 

It was about time for him to leave. Folding the blankets neatly and placing them back into the closet, Jiyong gathered his belongings and the dirty dishes before he left YG's office.

 

~

 

Dara was in her studio again, cleaning up the song she couldn't find yesterday. However, she couldn't concentrate on the song. Her thoughts continued to linger on her morning with Jiyong. Flipping her phone, she darted back to the photo she took of Jiyong sleeping. 

I'll just like him in my heart..Dara stared gently at her phone before setting a password on the photo. Putting her phone away, Dara played the track again and forced herself to work on the song. 

Jiyong knocked on the studio door before entering. Dara immediately stopped the track. 

"Annyong~" Dara chirped.

"Hey, sleepyhead" he teased. Jiyong took the seat next to her. Dara blushed.

"Y-ya, I was tired," Dara defended,"Thank you for taking care of me though. Where was Sajang Nim?"

"He had a flight to catch and he called me up." Jiyong explained. 

"You could've woke me up" Dara suggested.

"But I didn't and I was able to taste your yummy breakfast. I didn't know you can cook." Jiyong quirked a brow.

"Of course I can" Dara stated, somewhat offended by him.

"Well, a lot of girl's don't know how to cook at your age that works in the music industry!" Jiyong exclaimed.

"Ji," Dara started,"You're forgetting those girls are celebrities or to be celebritites. I'm not aiminig for that road. I'm different from them."

You have no idea  how different you are Jiyong thought.

"Mian, but breakfast was yummy," Jiyong gave her a boyish smile,"When can I taste your cooking again?!"

Dara giggled at him,"Be good to Noona and I'll think about it." She ruffled his hair. "The reason why I was exhausted was because I finished the song. Are you ready to hear it?"

"You finished it?!" Jiyong's eyes lit up,"Play the track!"

"I'll play it but I want you to direct it for me. I want to sing the demo for the girls"

"Arrasso," Come to think of it, Jiyong hasn't heard Dara sing before.

Dara played the track,handed him a copy of the lyrics and began to sing; 

"Balkge useobojiman                                           I’m trying to smile brightly but  
Nae mame deulji anha                                          don’t like it
Nan yeppeuji anha areumdapji anha                             I’m not pretty, I’m not beautiful
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh

Norael bulleobojiman                                          I’m trying to sing but                  
Amudo deutji anha                                             no one is listening
Nan yeppeuji anha areumdapji anha                             I’m not pretty, I’m not beautiful
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh

Nan wae ireohke motnan geolkka                                Why am I think ugly?
Eotteokhamyeon nado neocheoreom hwanhage                      What must I do to be able to smile
Useobol su isseulkka                                          brightly like you?

Ddo hwagana wae neul wanbyeokhaji mothae                      I’m getting angry again, Why can’t I ever be perfect
I ggaejin geoul sok motnan moseubeul hyanghae                 I simply put the blame on my ugly appearance
Tathagiman hae                                                in this broken mirror

Chyeodabojima jigeum I neuggimi shilheonan                    Don’t look at me
Eodironga sumgoman shipeo                                     I hate this feeling right now
Beoseo nago shipeo                                            I want to hide away somewhere
I sesangeun geojitmal                                         I want to escape, this world is full of lies

[2x]I think I'm ugly
And nobody wants to love me
Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don't lie to my face
Tellin' me I'm pretty

Nal shwipge ihaehandago hajima                                Don’t tell me that you can understand me so easily
Mot saenggigo bbiddoreojin nae maeumi neol                    My ugly and crooked heart may even come to resent you
Wonmanghaljido molla                                                

Mal shikijima nan neowa eoulliji mothae                       Don’t force me to talk, I’m not in front of you
Geu jalnan nunbit sok chagaun gashiki nal                     The cold thorns inside that patronizing gaze suffocates me
Summakhige hae 

Dagaojima neoui gwanshimjocha shilheo nan                     Don’t come closer, I don’t even want your concern
Eodironga ddeonago shipeo sori chigo shipeo                   I want to leave away to somewhere, I want to shout
I sesangeun geojitmal                                         This world is full of lies

[2x] I think I'm ugly
And nobody wants to love me
Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don't lie to my face
Tellin' me I'm pretty

All alone
I'm all alone
All alone
I'm all alone

Ddaddeuthamiran eobseo                                        There is no such thing as warmth
Gyeoten amudo eobseo                                          There is no one by my side

All alone
I'm all alone
I'm always all alone

 All alone
Ddaddeuthamiran eobseo                                        There is no such thing as warmth
Gyeoten geu nugudo nal anajul saram eobseo                    Next to my side, there not even anyone to embrace me

[2x] I think I'm ugly
And nobody wants to love me
Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don't lie to my face 
Tellin' me I'm pretty"

"It's really good," Jiyong said after awhile. And it really was. The emotions were raw enough to be hearfelt and the lyrics were easy to relate to. 

"Thanks!" Dara chirped,"Can you direct it for me?" Jiyong nodded. Dara walked into the recording room. 

The song has been composed well and he was proud of her. He stared at Dara warming up her vocals. How was he suppose to respond to a woman's insecurities? He wanted to be happy-jumping off the walls on how well she did- but,Jiyong crinckled his face, he didn't know how to express it but he didn't feel right.

"I'm ready." Dara spoke through the mike. 

"Which part do you want to start off from?" Jiyong asked.

"The top." 

"Arrasso, here we go" Jiyong didn't know why...

 

 

"Balkge useobojiman-"

 

 

Or maybe he didn't know what it meant

 

 

"Nae mame deulji anha-"

 

 

But all he did know

 

 

"Oohh- ah, mian. That wasn't high enough."

 

 

That he wanted

 

 

"It's fine, I'm starting it again."

 

 

To protect this woman.  

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Isn't Jiyong sweet? :)

all lyrics and music in this story belongs to YG and most likely Teddy and Kush. I do not own anything except the plot of the story. 

I gotta ask my fellow readers! Is it annoying to read how the lyrics are created? Like, is anyone offended that I fabricated the story where Dara is the composing it? Cause I'm trying to make it seem natural.

BIGGG Thanks to all my readers and commentors! I'm receiving responses from you guys :) Glad you all like this story~

~MiiLkYcOuPllE