are We there YET?

Make the Best of It

2ne1, without a doubt, are in a practice room; practicing their latest routine Dara taught them. Dara decides they need more practice after their usual session with Taegu and Minho. Now, the time is two past noon and the girls are starving. Bom and CL volunteers to get lunch for everyone, leaving Minzy and Dara in the room by themselves. Both are laying on the floor, resting their bodies against the cold, wooden floor.

“Dara Unnie” Minzy calls out.

“Ne, Minki-ah?”

“Have you, um, ani-nevermind.” Flustered, Minzy sat up and began to stretch. Dara raise a brow at her.

“Minzy, what is it?” Dara asks. Minzy shakes her head.

“Ani, it’s not right for me to ask, it’s not my business.”

“What are you talking about? Just ask me already, you got me curious!” Dara pouts. She gets a hold of Minzy and shakes her. “Tell me or I won’t stop!”

“Unnie! I’ll get a headache!” Minzy grabs her head while Dara continues to shake her, “Arrasso! Just don’t get upset.” Dara smiles victoriously and releases her.

“Tell me!” Dara pouts again. Minzy hesitates for a moment.

“You and Jiyong oppa,” Minzy pauses, “are you guys okay yet?”

Dara blinks. “Wae?”

“What do you mean wae?” Minzy’s mouth drops, “You’re my unnie and he’s my oppa. I’m worried about you two.”

Dara looks at the Minzy. Even though she is the maknae of YG, she probably has the biggest heart in the company. Dara tare her gaze from Minzy and watch herself in the mirror.

“Mm, Minzy-ah. Relationships are difficult to maintain. Even if you sincerely like one person, liking a person is not enough to keep a relationship going. You’ll learn this when you get a boyfriend in the future.” Her facial expression, from a bubbly smile, fades into a sad, bitter smile. “Unnie and oppa will be okay, but not right now, alright?”

Minzy nodds. What else could she do but accept her answer?

“Now,” Dara’s eyes shine mischievously, with a tint of anger, “Where is CL and Bom with our lunch?”


Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Dara drums her fingers on the table. She knows there are tons of paperwork that needs to be done by the end of the day but she couldn't focus. Dara looks up at the clock. The clock says its 9:35 pm but her body says it's 3:00 am. Sandara Park is simply exhausted. Today is December 22 of 2007, three days away from Christmas. Today is also nine days away from January 3rd, the day Dara would give Jiyong her answer. Dara doesn't know how to describe it but she didn't feel like herself. She feel out of place. It's an annoying, frustrating feeling. Dara directs her attention back to the paper in her hands. 

"The company that wishes to rent the venue must understand the following terms..." Dara reads the paragraph once. Twice. A third time. The paper is then slammed onto the desk. Dara puffed her cheeks in frustration. Everything seems to be going against her today. Dara gives her paper a glare before packing everything away. Staring at the paperwork was going to be unproductive to her. She might as well do something else and continue her work tomorrow. Dara slugs her bag over her shoulder and leaves the room. 

~

Dara jumps onto her bed. She is in a pink plaided pj pants with a white long sleeve. She has a towel in one hand and her hair in the other. She dries her hair carelessly and curiously checks the time. 11 o'clock. A sigh escapes her lips. She couldn't sleep until her hair dried, what to do n-

nan neoreul saranghae (I love you girl!)-

Jiyong, Dara smiles. Dara ruffles her hair once more before opening his message. 

From: Mai Baby Boy

Baby, is everything alright? I heard you left YG early :\ Are you feeling sick? Please text me back if you're okay! 

Her smile widen by the end of his message. He is incredibly sweet. She still haven't replied to any of her messages or calls. But at the moment, she couldn't help but really want to reply to this time. She couldn't ignore him forever right?

To Mai Baby Boy

Hey Ji, I'm fine, not sick. I just didn't feel like myself lately so I left early. How's work? Are you at a schedule right now?

Send. Dara drop her phone on her bed and continue to dry her hair. Not even a minute later-

nan neoreul saranghae (I love you girl!)-

Dara recieves a reply from Jiyong. 

From Mai Baby Boy

Omo, my baby girl replied to my text message! :))
I'm tired, as usual. But it'll get better after December. 
I just finished my last schedule for today.

He did? Hm. Dara is very tempted to propose a sleepover. She really misses him the past two weeks. Let's not forget, he ignored her for a good three months after their fight at the rooftop. Dammit, sleeping with him would provide her that amazing sleep she yearns for. Dara puffs out her cheeks in irritation. Should she listen to her wants or listen to her pride?

nan neoreul saranghae (I love you girl!)-

From Mai Baby Boy

Dara, I know it's out of my place to ask this from you but can you spend the night at my place? 
I know I shouldn't be asking this from you, but I really miss you and we're both free right now...

Gosh dangit, Dara bit her lip. It's like he can read her mind! The temptation was getting to Dara. She sat there for a minute before taking out a  familiar pink duffle bag out of her closet. It wasn't difficult to decide acutally. Pride be damned. She missed him. He missed her. She's an emotional mess at the moment. Dara grabbed her necessities and left her apartment.


From: Baby Girl

Where's Seungri?

Jiyong's pulse quickened. She didn't say no. Does that mean she's coming?!

To: Baby Girl

He's about to go to sleep. Are you coming over, Dara?

Dara didn't respond immediately. Jiyong stared at his phone expectantly. Fifteen minutes later, he recieved a text.

From: Baby Girl

Open the door, Ji

As soon as he read the text, Jiyong bolted out his room and opened the door. Sure enough, Dara was outside his apartment with that baby pink duffle bag. The two stood at the entrance of Jiyong's apartment, drinking each other's appearances. Jiyong surveyed her attire. She was wearing a black hoodie and pink pj pants. His eyebrows furrowed in disapproval. She get's cold easily! Her hair was ruffled and frizzy, like she air-dried her hair. And finally, her face that he absolutely missed. Her brown, chocolate eyes were studying him like he was to her. Her complexion was paler than usual, probably from the December weather. Her lips, oh those lips he dearly missed, were glossy and pink. She gave him a timid smile. Everything about her screamed nervous to him. 

"Ji" breathlessly, Dara greets him. Jiyong felt the hairs on his skin stand up. Oh how he missed her voice. 

"Dara" Jiyong greets back. He opens the wider and let's her in.

"Seungri went to bed a few minutes ago" Jiyong closed the door behind him and watch Dara enter his room. He follows closely behind. Jiyong noticed, even for the few steps to get to his room, Dara's hands were fiddling with the duffle bag. She was extremely nervous and Jiyong had to admit, he was nervous too. Dara nodded, acknowledging his comment. Jiyong closed his room, leaving the two alone.


Dara couldn't help it. She didn't realize how much she missed him until she saw him. Everything about him; the way his eyes lid up when he saw her, the way his breath hitched when she smiled, the way he body tensed when she said his name; just made her want to hold him close and never let go. Dara can actually feel her body tremble, to physically touch him again. When Jiyong closed the door, Dara dropped her duffle bag on the floor and pounced at him. She wrapped her arms around his torso, stuffed her face at the crook of his neck, and before she knew it, tears flowed down her cheeks. 

Jiyong froze. He expected an awkward ten minutes between them before making up, not this. Jiyong wrapped his arms around her and held her close to her. Why on earth is she crying? What happened? He was immediately concerned of the woman in his arms.  

"Shh, sh. Baby, what's wrong?" Jiyong kissed her forehead and brought a hand to pet her head. The other arm was still wrapped around her. Dara didn't respond. She continued to softly cry in his arms. Jiyong didn't mind. He would hold her as long as she needs him to. They two continue to stand there: Jiyong muttering sweet nothings to comfort her and Dara whimpering and crying.

Eventually the tears came to a halt and her whimpers also stopped. The two just stood there, holding each other.

"Ji" Dara nuzzled her face to his neck.

"Mm" Dara felt the vibration of his voice against her cheek and smiled. 

"I missed you" Dara held onto him tighter, "I really, really missed you." Dara felt Jiyong tighten his hold on her.

"I missed you too Baby girl. I really did." Jiyong kissed the top of her head. 

The two stood there in a comfortable silence. Their small confessions warmed their hearts. Both felt loved and comfortable. Jiyong inhaled deeply into Dara's hair. He missed this. Just holding her and being in her presence felt really nice to him. Holding her against him a little longer, Jiyong decided they needed to spice things up a bit. Jiyong smirked against her hair. He loosens his hold on her. Dara was still hugging him tight as ever. In a flash, Jiyong grabs the calves of her legs and carries her bridal style. Dara sqeaks, surprised by his actions. Then she giggles when he drops her onto his bed.

"Ji!" Dara laughs. Jiyong wiggles his eyebrows and s her black hoodie. There was no way they were going to sleep with that thick clothing on her. Dara gasps.

"ert!" Dara playfully slaps his hand away from her and takes the hoodie off by herself. Jiyong smiles at her and reaches for the light switch. 

"Wait!" Dara demanded. She jumped off his bed and opened his closet. "I need to find a pj shirt first." Jiyong smiled but lets out a sigh.

"Hurry up, I want to talk before we go to bed." Jiyong waited for her patiently. Dara slips on a black sleeveless muscle shirt and jumps back onto bed. Jiyong turns off the light and the two gets comfortable in bed.

"What do you want to talk about?" Dara whispered. Her head was on his chest while her fingers played with the fabric of his shirt. His hand was at the small of her back and the other hand was playing with the strands of her hair. That feels good, Dara closed her eyes.

"What was all that about?" Jiyong kissed her head, "Why were you crying, babe?"

It feels so nice, Dara sighed contently. "Ji, I really, really missed you. I was an emotional mess lately. I don't know why, it's just like that lately and I'm so sick of it. Just seeing you made me feel better. I don't really know what's going on but being with you made all that go away." Dara kissed his chest and continued to feel his fingers play with her hair. At this moment, Dara didn't have a filter as to what she should and shouldn't say. She felt so relaxed with Jiyong beside her. This is honest time, tea time, with Jiyong and she does not plan to lie to him. At all.

On the other hand, Jiyong felt conflicted by her answer. She was being so honest and open unlike him. He didn't open up to her before this one-month agreement and he felt guilty for ever ignore this woman before him. Some part of him, the crazy, logical side of him has considered Dara to be too good for him. Now that idea doesn't seem too crazy anymore. In his eyes, she was too good for him. But- Jiyong caressed the back of her back- he's too selfish to ever let her go.

"I missed you too Babe" Jiyong lifted her head up and gave her a peck on the lips, "But-" Dara would have none of that. One small peck was not satisfying for her. She leaned forward and kissed him again. This time, Jiyong deepened the kiss. Dara held onto his shoulders while Jiyong's hand rested on her cheek, angling her to deepen the kiss. Lips meshed together and saliva was exchanged. Both enjoyed their kiss immensely. They haven't kissed in so long! However, as much as Jiyong would like to feel her lips against his for the rest of the night, his little buddy down south would get a little too excited for his liking. Slowly, Jiyong ended the kissed. Dara whined a bit as she panted to catch her breath. She was dazed and confused as to why they broke apart. Watching her catch her breath tempted Jiyong to swoop in for another kiss but he held himself back. They could get physical later, but they need to talk about their relationship first.

"Baby" Jiyong called for her. Dara snapped out of her daze and blushed at their position. She was straddling him by the waist with her hands resting on his shoulders and he had one hand on her cheek and the other dangerously on her upper thigh. Dara attempted to wiggle out of their position but Jiyong held her there.

"Ji" Dara whined. Jiyong shook his head and pecked her on the lips.

"No. I like where you are right now" Jiyong grinned, "As much as I would love to continue our little session, we need to talk baby."

Dara pouted. "I don't wanna talk." She crossed her arms and looked away. Then she glared at him.

"Of all times I wanted to talk to you, you decide that you want to talk when we're in the middle of maki- something?" Dara pouted. 

"Something?" Jiyong quirked his brow at her and grinned, "You mean making out? Or is that something when my tongue and your tongue ar-" Dara squealed and covered his mouth with her hands. 

"Yes! That something! Jiyong!" Dara cutely glared at him. Jiyong laughed and took her hand away from his mouth. When his laugh simmered down, he continued to hold her hands.

"Dara, we really need to talk." Jiyong steadily looked her in the eyes. Finally getting serious, Dara avoided his eyes and looked at their entwined hands.

"Alright, let's talk." 

"This one month thing," Jiyong watched her expression carefully, "I don't think it's going to work out." Immediately, Dara released her hands from him but Jiyong held on firmly. Her eyes widen in shock and she wiggled in attempt to get off of him. He doesn't want her anymore? What? Why? No. What the hell was all that a few hours ago? Dara was so consumed in her thoughts that she didn't notice Jiyong holding onto her firmly. Clearly he could see Dara getting the wrong idea.

"Dara, baby, I don't mean for us to end!" Dara stopped moving. Jiyong sighed. 

"I just don't think we should continue it this way. I missed you like crazy and you missed me until you're emotionally unstable. It's unhealthy. You're ignoring me and-" Jiyong shrugged, "I get it. You should be ignoring me since I'm trying to get you back right now. But." Jiyong released her arms and held her chin so he could see her eyes, "But I can't beat that logical side of you if I'm not with you. During the past nineteen days, I couldn't even see you and that's mostly because of our schedules." Jiyong rubbed his neck. 

"All the favors I'm asking people around YG to do for you is piling a ton of I.O.Y.'s later on. Which, don't get me wrong here, you're worth all the torture they'll give me later but that's not the problem." Jiyong pecked her nose, "I just can't win you back fully when I'm not around. I can't physically be there to bring you your favorite lunch to the practice room. I can't physically be there to drive you to work and drive you back home everyday. I can't physically win you back. I'm doing a move right now, sending people to do it for me and sending you gifts from afar. That balls babe." Jiyong finished. He didn't have the heart to look at her anymore and watched their entwined fingers move against each other. In Dara's eyes, he looked so dejected. He's trying as much as he could but there wasn't much he could do about it. Dara knew that. 

"G-dragon, leader of Big Bang, feels like he's making a move right now?" Dara teased. Jiyong pouted. 

"I'm being serious right now Dee, I don't know how to get you back with all that I'm doing right now. Its all I can do but it's not enough at all!" Jiyong hissed in frustration. He can feel himself losing her. It's incredibly frustrating and annoying feeling. Dara grabbed chin and looked him in the eye.

"Let me be the judge of what you're doing isn't or is enough," Dara briefly kissed him on the lips, "And I believe you are doing as much as you can. To me, that's more than enough." Dara patted him on the cheek. 

"You are Kwon Jiyong, my boyfriend." Dara touched his lips with her thumb, "You are also G-dragon, the leader of Big Bang and the music prodigy of Kpop."

"Of course, I understand how much you can and cannot do to win me back. It's a given that I wouldn't see you everyday even when we're not fighting. It's as clear as day to me that we didn't see each other the past two and a half weeks because one" Dara kissed his nose, "You're schedule is crazy and mine is slightly less hectic. Two," Dara planted a kiss on his lips, "I wanted to see how you were going to keep our relationship going even when our schedules are crazy. And three," Dara squeezed his hands, "I wanted to see if you really want to stay in this relationship even when we can't see each other that often." Dara whispered. 

"This is why I gave you month. It's not really to see how you win me back, well" Dara shrugged, "It is but that's not the main point. The main point is" Dara looks at Jiyong longingly, "to see if you can handle being in this type of long distance relationship with me. If you can't handle being away from me for a month, or a little over two weeks, how would you be able to handle it when you go on world tours?" Suddenly, Dara felt crazy insecure. She realized this was also a test for her. Could she handle being away from him for months? Sure they get to see each other once in awhile, but will that be enough for her? Dara watches Jiyong take in the words she said. She could see his mind process her words and how to react to them. Jiyong had to admit. Every word she said made sense. Could they handle being away from each other like that? They both almost went crazy for the past nineteen days. The two stayed there, in silence. In that silence, Dara realized that they both understood their problem in their relationship now. They have gotten over the stage of communication. Jiyong was open to tell her his worries and she was too. Now, it was how long before one of them cracks and ends the relationship. Jiyong broke the silence.

"We'll figure it out, Dara." He releases her hand but holds her close to him instead, "One thing I do know is that I'm not crazy enough to let you go. We'll figure out how to work this out, okay?" Dara nodded and holds him too. 

"We'll drop the one month thing," Dara announced, "Ask Boram tomorrow to see how your schedule looks for the next few months, okay? Send it to me and I'll see if we can spend some time together before you get crazy busy again." 

"Remind me okay?" Jiyong kissed the top of her head. Dara nodded. Then she yawned. 

"Sleepy?" Jiyong smiled at her. Dara shook her head while her eyes began to droop. Jiyong chuckled. 

"My baby's sleepy." He positioned them comfortably in bed and Dara fell asleep on his chest within seconds.

"I... think I lied. Sorry baby, but I think I do love you." Jiyong recalled their argument at the rooftop. Jiyong kissed the top of her head again. 

"I love you baby, goodnight." 

 

 

 


Wow, I'm back! :) 

I would like to thank a certain someone for reminding me to update a chapter, I usually update a chapter when a reader reminds me to x) 

Haha, there's a lot of daragon moments here. I hope you enjoyed reading them. I really enjoyed writing this chapter. It was adorable and a challenge for me. To see how well I could get you people moved by their moments :)

I would like to apologized too. I haven't updated this story in months. To all the people that still keeps up with the story and want's more, thank you!! :)

Also, also, also! Can someone be my beta for this story? They get to read the upcoming chapters first!!! But they gotta edit and check my work (that's what a beta is).

Annnd, lastly, I wrote this in two days. There's I didn't go back and edit much. Please message me the erros (or become my beta!). Thank you! Happy readings to you all! :)  

Please comment! :)