are we thEre YET?

Make the Best of It

“Bae, can you go a bit higher for ‘stand up’ and ‘wake up’?” Jiyong instructed. Yongbae nodded and recording continued.

Three weeks has passed since Jiyong spent his weekend with Dara. In the three weeks, the two barely had an hour to themselves. Jiyong was everywhere in YG, preparing for Big Bang’s mini album. He spent his nights practicing new routines with Big Bang while his days consisted of recording, composing and variety trips. Now that Big Bang is preparing their comeback, they are slowly appearing in variety shows. He was tired. He spends roughly five to six hours sleeping a day. The rest of his time consisted of Big Bang, Big Bang, BIG BANG. The mini album consisted of five songs with one intro.

Jiyong twiddled a pen in his hand as he listened to Yongbae sing the right notes.

So far, they have completed three songs: A Good Man, Haru Haru, and Oh My Friend. Top hyung brought in Oh My Friend last week, with the approval of YG. All the Big Bang members liked it and recorded Oh My Friend enthusiastically. Now, they needed to finish the intro, Heaven, and Lady.

“Okay, next part.” Yongbae nodded and continued.

Lady...was the last piece he was working on and the only piece that wasn’t complete yet. The melody was mostly done but the lyrics were off. Of course, he thought of Dara as he wrote the song. The lyrics weren’t good enough for him. For a normal song he usually compose, it would meet his standard. Thinking of Dara as he composes, the lyrics didn’t meet his standard. It frustrated him.

“Okay Bae, you’re done for this song. Dae, you’re up.” Yongbae and Daesung switched off.

“Still having trouble with Lady?” Yongbae slumped onto the couch behind Jiyong.

“You have no idea.” Jiyong groaned.

“Can I look at it?” Jiyong nodded and gave him the lyrics.

“Hyung, I’m ready.” Daesung called out. Jiyong nodded. The music flared along with Daesung’s voice.

“Ji, there’s nothing wrong with the lyrics. It’s pretty good.” Yongbae passed the lyrics back to him.

Jiyong ruffled his hair in frustration.

“No, it’s not. It’s not good enough.” Not good enough if I’m thinking of Dara when I wrote this. Jiyong sighed.

“Should I do it again?” Daesung asked confusedly. He thought he did well.

“Oh! Sorry Dae, you did it perfectly. Next part.” Dae nodded.

“Do you want Teddy’s opinion on this? Kush?” Yongbae insisted. The lyrics were really good. He doesn’t understand Jiyong’s frustration towards it.

Jiyong shook his head to Yongbae and gave Daesung a thumbs up as he finished recording the intro.    

“Dae, come out. The intro’s done.” Daesung nodded and walked out the recording room, “I’ve already ask their opinion of how to fix this but they both think it’s fine.”

“Then what’s wrong with it?” Yongbae asked.

“It doesn’t meet my standards, Bae” Jiyong sighed.

“Why not?” Daesung looked over the lyrics and he too found the lyrics well written. Jiyong shrugged.

“It just.. doesn’t satisfy me 100%.”

“How about we ask Dara Noona’s opinion then?” Daesung offered. Jiyong whacked Daesung on his head.

“She’s busy with the girls. Dara doesn’t have time for that.” Jiyong scowled.

“I don’t have time for what?”

Everyone stared at Dara who stood by the entrance of the recording studio.

“Noona!” Yongbae and Daesung greeted.

“Hey Babe” Jiyong walked up to her and hugged her, “What are you doing here?”

“I gave the girls a rough night.” Dara frowned and bit her lip, “And they couldn’t really keep up. So I had to push them really hard. We just ended half an hour ago. Since it’s so late already, I came to check up on you. I hope I wasn’t bothering you guys.” Dara released Jiyong’s hold and greeted other Big Bang members.

“Hey Yongbae, Dae!” Dara greeted as cheerfully she could at two in the morning. Yes, 2ne1 and Big Bang had it rough when preparing for their comebacks and debut.

Jiyong sat back on his previous seat.

“Hey Noona, how have you been?” Daesung asked earnestly.

“Tired,” Dara yawned, “You five should appreciate all the work Sajang Nim does to for Big Bang debut. So much planning, paperwork, arguments, money, and energy.” Dara mumbled. Apparently, Sajang Nim has given Dara full reigns on 2ne1’s debut. Everything was up to Dara; the budgets, dance routines, songs, appearances, etc. All YG planned to do was sign his signature on the proper paperworks Dara would finish up for him.

“We are…” Yongbae eyed her exhausted figure. “But we’ll remind him again whenever we see him next time.”

“Good.” Dara sat on Jiyong’s lap and rested her head on his shoulder. She ignored Yongbae’s and Daesung’s uncomfortable stares and lifted her legs to rest her feet on the arms of the chair. She missed her boyfriend. Let her cuddled in his warmed. Jiyong smiled at her. He wrapped his arm around and held her by the shoulder, to support her. His other arm rested on her calves. Dammit. He missed her to.

“So what did you want me to do?” Dara looked at the two. The Big Bang members looked at each other.

“Uh, Jiyong wrote a song but he’s not satisfied with it.” Yongbae told her.

“And?” Dara looked at them confused, “Why doesn’t he just fix it until he likes it then?”

“He can’t find another way to fix it. Everyone else thinks its good.” Yongbae shrugged, “I think he’s asking for the impossible right now. It’s pretty good.” Daesung handed her the lyrics.

“Is there a melody for it yet?” Dara asked.

“Yeah” Yongbae left his seat to put on the melody for her. The four listened to the melody while Dara read the lyrics.

“Ji, there’s nothing wrong with the lyrics.” Dara looked up to him bemused.

“Everything’s fine. You can’t fix this. It’s the best way you can play with the words to convey the feeling of the song. It’s pretty cute actually.” Dara grinned.

Jiyong shook his head, “I’ll find some way to fix it” Jiyong took the lyrics away from her. Dara frowned.

“Fine. Fix it within the next week. You know the deadline is coming up. If you can’t find a way to fix the lyrics to be ‘better’, then you’re recording with those lyrics.” Dara argued. Jiyong nodded.

“There, everything’s fixed. Anything else?” Dara smiled at Yongbae and Daesung. The two sweat dropped.

“Well Noona, we could’ve done that too!” Daesung sighed.

“Then…? Why didn’t you?” Dara looked at him innocently.

“Nevermind!” Daesung pouted. Everyone laughed. Dara felt Jiyong’s torso move as he chuckled. I miss this Dara smiled.

“Oh, did you eat yet?” Dara asked.

“Ate with Dae before we came in to record.” Daesung nodded in agreement to Yongbae.

“…”

At that note, Jiyong’s stomach growled. Dara sighed.

“Ji, I texted you hours ago to eat.”

“Really?” Jiyong whipped out his phone to see Dara’s text six hours ago.

“Oh…mian. I’ll eat right now” Dara shook her head. She got off of Jiyong’s lap and sat next to him on a different computer chair. Dara had Coach Hwang bring in his dinner around five and Jiyong hasn’t touched it since then.

Dara sighed.

“Yongbae, Dae. I’m really glad you two don’t have girlfriends and are still able to take care of yourselves. This one-“Dara nudged to the Big Bang leader”-has a girlfriend yet he needs a lot of attention to take care of his health.”

“Babe” Jiyong whined while Yongbae and Daesung chuckled.

“Well it’s true.” Dara shrugged. Jiyong took out a homemade dinner box Dara prepared. Ever since he asked her to cook her dinner during their day together, Dara always found time to cook him meals. She never disappointed Jiyong with her cooking. It always tasted amazing to him. Dara would cook in large amounts in case any Big Bang members of YG staff members were around. Jiyong took off the lid and dug in.

Dara eyed the time.

“How long are you guys going to stay here for?” She asked. She knew Jiyong was dead tired but the other members were just as tired as he was. The two shrugged.

“It’s just to Jiyong. Ji, what’s after the intro?” Yongbae questioned.

“Heaven and Lady. Heaven’s ready to be recorded if you guys want to start today.” Jiyong stuffed a piece of chicken in his mouth.

“Then we’ll begin with Heaven.” Dara nodded and took a hold of the mechanics. The track filled the room.

 

~

 

“Stop.” The track stopped abruptly.

“Practice together and pick up what you’re doing wrong.” Dara sighed. She and 2ne1 were in the practice room. They ate dinner a few hours ago so Dara guessed it was around ten at night right now. Dara watched the three correct each other’s mistake and practiced the routine diligently.

“Aren’t you being tough on them?” Taegu appeared next to her as he also watched the three practice.

“No. You and I both know this training I have them in is nothing compared to the other trainees are going through right now.” Taegu nodded in agreement. Everyone knew 2ne1 had it easier compared to other trainees because of Dara. 2ne1 was supposed to have the same schedule as other trainees but Dara changed their schedule. If Dara wasn’t there with 2ne1 at the moment, there wouldn’t be a 2ne1 at all. The three girls would still be in the evaluation phase, battling amongst other YG trainees to debut.

“But, what you have them go through isn’t easy either.” Minho joined them, “In fact, some trainees won’t be able to handle your schedules.”

Dara shrugged, “Then they aren’t YG material or idol material. Simple as that.”

Trainees had a certain amount of leisure time in their schedule. Usually, they would have two to three hours of leisure time apart from mealtimes. 2ne1 hadn’t been able to have leisure time given to them. Dara has them working for their debut with all their time. If they weren’t studying different languages, they were singing. If they weren’t dancing, they were eating lunch. If they weren’t exercising, they were practicing their angles. 2ne1 was definitely busy.

Taegu and Minho said nothing. The three watched 2ne1 before Dara called for a break.

 

~

 

Dara sat in the corner of the practice room, filling out paperwork regarding 2ne1’s future involvements. She flinched at a sudden shout coming from the choreographer. Looking up from her paperwork, Dara bit her lip at the exhausted boys. They’ve been at it for five hours with a few breaks here and there. The dance routines weren’t too difficult but learning them from scratch took time and perfecting them took more time. Dara sighed while watching the boys.

The background dancers sat around her were probably wondering who she was and why was she there but Dara didn’t care. Hell, Jiyong didn’t even know she was there. If he did, he would’ve come to her whenever they had a break. The only Big Bang member that noticed her was Seungri. He saw her at the corner of his eye when she took a break from her paperwork. Seungri nodded and smiled at her but continued practice. Some of the dancers noticed this exchange and decided not to bother her. Luckily, Dara has spoken to Big Bang’s choreographer earlier that day and he approved of her presence as long as she didn’t bother them. She held her part of the bargain.

Seungri began to poke at all s, excluding Jiyong, and pointed to Dara without their leader noticing. They all gave her eye smiles and greeting in their own little way without Jiyong noticing. Dara inwardly giggled while flipping her paperwork over.

This was her way of supporting Jiyong; Being with him during practice, cooking him meals, helping him with his music, and monitoring his shows and appearances. She texts him words of encouragements and leave little notes for him here and there. Those little things were always fun and thoughtful in her opinion.

Dara sighed. All this for one boy. Dara shook her head. She watched him dance diligently. Man. She corrected herself. All this for one man. Damn him for turning me into a I- Dara stopped herself. No, she isn’t there yet. It has only been two months. She couldn’t have fell for him so easily within their first two months. Dara stopped watching him and continued her paperwork.

 

 

 

What was her thought?...

 

 

Damn him for turning me into a-

 lovestruck girl.

 

~

 

“Alright that’s enough for tonight.” The boys stayed in their final positions and nodded at their choreographer.

“Thank you for your hard work today.” Each Big Bang member thanked the choreographer and dancers. They in return thanked the Big Bang members.

“Rest up, same time tomorrow.” The choreographer patted all the boys.

“Oh, Jiyong?” Jiyong looked at him, “Don’t lose her. She’s a keeper.” The choreographer left the practice room, leaving the poor fellow confused.

“What?” Jiyong blinked. On the other hand, the other members understood their choreographer and looked at the figure in the corner, still indulged into her paperwork. Dara didn’t notice everyone leaving the room; she was frustrated at a legal clause in the document she was working on. Top nudged Jiyong and looked at Dara. Jiyong followed his line of sight.

“Babe?” Jiyong called out, astonished.

Dara looked up, finally noticing the absence of the dancers. “Oh, hi. You guys are done? Cool. Give me a minute. This stupid thing is annoying me.” Dara mumbled at the end.

“When did she-What?!” Jiyong furrowed his brows in confusion.

“She was here for awhile, hyung.” Seungri told him, “I saw her around….I don’t know. Hours ago.”

“Hours??” Jiyong noticed the piles of paper next to her.

“Uh...yea...she was doing paperwork or something the whole time.” Daesung wiped his sweat with a towel.

“You noticed her, too?” Jiyong stared at Daesung.

“…Yea. Everyone kinda did except you.” Daesung shrugged.

“And no one was kind enough to tell me this??” Jiyong glared at them.

“She didn’t want us to.” Yongbae shrugged, “She wanted you to focus on practice.”

Jiyong continued to glare at s. He was angry that he didn’t notice his girlfriend, who sat in the corner of the room for hours, and he was angry that no one told him. Jiyong looked at Dara scribble something onto her file. However, he was touched by her actions. She stayed here with him for hours. They even skipped dinner.

“You should talk to her, Ji.” Jiyong nodded at Yongbae and confronted her. Top, Yongbae, Daesung and Seungri packed their things quickly and left the practice room, leaving the two alone in the practice room.

“I’m almost done with this.” Dara said when he settled next to her. Jiyong nodded before wiping the sweat off his face. He waited.

Dara closed the file moments later. She looked up to him and smiled, “How’s practice?”

Jiyong ignored her question, “Dee, when did you get here?”

“Uh…”Dara bit her lip and thought about it, “You took off your blue long sleeve a few moments after I came in.”

Jiyong didn’t comment. That was an hour or so into practice. How did he not notice her walk in?

“And you stayed here the whole time?” Dara nodded.

“And you don’t want me to know you’re here?” Jiyong frowned.

“I don’t want to distract you from practice,” Dara shrugged, “And you seem pretty into it. Besides, the dancers don’t know about us yet.”

“Don’t use the dancers as an excuse.” This time, Dara frowned.

“Is my presence angering you? Should I have not done so?” Dara felt her anger rise.

“No, I didn’t mean it like that,” Jiyong sighed, “I just feel bad. You should be at home sleeping or working on your paperwork on a desk, not your lap, Babe.”

“I choose to do this, Ji.” Dara narrowed her eyes at him, “It’s either you let me do this or you don’t see me here ever again.”

“Dara-ah-” Dara shook her head.

“Just accept it, unless you really don’t want me here.” Dara gathered her paperwork.

Jiyong caught her wrist, “A notice would’ve been nice.”

“I wanted to surprise you. After all, this is the first time I’ve done this.”

Jiyong nodded, “And next time I want you to tell me when you’re dropping by or at least somehow let me know you’re here.”

“Okay” Dara nodded. It was only fair.

After their…discussion, Jiyong helped Dara gather her paperwork. She stopped him and suggested him to collect his stuff first.

“What do you have after this?” Dara asked.

“Sleep.”

Dara giggled.

“What’s the first thing you have to do tomorrow?”

“I don’t know actually,” Jiyong clicked his tongue. He needs to keep in touch with Boram, Big Bang’s manager.

“So does that mean I can’t sleepover?” Dara pouted.

“Well, that changes everything.” Jiyong wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed her cheek.

“You’re really sleeping over tonight?” Jiyong said softly.

“Mmm.” The two walked into the parking lot and noticed Seungri holding out a pink duffle bag in confusion.

“Hyung…I know you’re okay with pink but really? This is girly pink, not manly pink.” Dara laughed.

“That.” Jiyong pointed to the pink item, “-is not mine. It’s Dara’s. She decided to sleep over for tonight.”     

Seungri looked at the duffle bag in his hand then to the couple.

“And I suppose I don’t have a say in this, right?” Seungri sighed and shook his head, “Just keep everything PG13.”

“Yes Sir!” Dara cutely saluted to Seungri and climbed into the car. The boys chuckled at her. How can you say no to this woman? Jiyong followed her behind.

“Everyone’s in right?” Yongbae called out from the driver’s seat. Jiyong slammed the door close.

“Yup. Let’s go home.”

 

 

~

 

 

Dara surprised the boys once again when they arrived to their dormitories. She packed them dinner boxes for each boy, excluding Top. Top lived with his parents at the moment. Yongbae and Daesung thanked Dara profusely before heading to their own apartment. Dara, Jiyong and Seungri, on the other hand, ate quietly in Jiyong and Seungri’s apartment, a few floors above Yongbae and Daesung’s.

“Thanks Noona.” Seungri finished the last of his meal.

“No problem, you guys have been working hard lately.”

“So…who’s going to shower first?” Jiyong looked at Dara and Seungri. Usually, Jiyong or Seungri would call dibs but that wouldn’t work with Dara here.

Seungri looked at Dara. “Ladies first.”

“But I came unannounced. I don’t want to shower first. I feel rude to.” Dara fidgeted in her seat.

“Okay, Ri, go shower.” Jiyong declared. Seungri shrugged. He left the two alone and walked into the bathroom with his clothes.

The two watched the bathroom door slam shut. “Well that was easy.” Dara grinned. The staples logo was now stuck in her mind.

“Boys are so simpleminded. It’s almost not fair for boys to get along so easily.” Dara pouted. Jiyong began to collect the dirty dishes.

“We leave all the drama and pmsing for the girls.” Jiyong tapped her nose, “The least we males can do is be simpleminded while you females freak out on every little detail.”

“Pff.” Dara rolled her eyes, ”Coming from the perfectionist here?”

“Yup.” Jiyong pecked her on the lips as he walked towards the sink. Dara followed him seconds afterwards and joined him with the dishes.

“How long does Ri take to shower?” Dara rinsed the dishes while Jiyong scrubbed.

“10 minutes at the most.” Jiyong passed her the scrubbed container box. Dara nodded while receiving the container box from him.

“Then you’re going to shower next, then me. Arraso?” Jiyong flicked some bubbles onto her nose.

“Nee~” She scrunched her nose and wiped it onto his shoulder.

 

 

~

 

 

“Sleeeeep!” Dara pouted, “Naoooo!”

Apparently, sleepless Dara is a very childish Dara. After his shower, Jiyong was greeted by this Dara in his bed. Dara patted to the empty space next to her.

“Naaaaao, Ji!” Dara whined. Even her pitch went up a notch, letting out a kid-like Dara. She puffed her cheeks and continued to pat the empty bed next to her. Jiyong watched her continue her tantrum, amused. She just had so much aegyo. To him, she looked like a five year old. She took one of his shirts again and was using it as a pj. The material reached just the length of her short shorts. He really hoped she wore something underneath his shirt.

“Pleeeeeease.” Dara’s eyes grew and glistened.

"Babe, have I ever mentioned how much of a baby you are?" Jiyong turned off the lights. He pinched her cheeks as he slipped in bed.

"Well Ji, I don't know. I mean, you only call me Babe, Baby girl, Baby." Dara rolled her eyes, "I don't think you've mentioned anything of me being a baby." Dara said sarcastically.

Jiyong kissed her forehead, "Okay Baby, I'll just have to remind you more often then." Jiyong laughed.

"Sleeeeep, pleaaase." Dara wrapped her arm arond his torso and snugged closely into him.

"Mmm, night's baby~" Jiyong chuckled.

"Nights Ji." Dara kissed his side then closed her eyes.

She's tired dammnit. And so was he.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


So.. I didn't edit the previous chapter, only some spelling errors here and there.

Who thought Dara was being sweet here? I did! :) Giggled so much when I wrote her part. Man, I wish I was that dedicated when I was in a relationship...

-MiiLkYcOuPllE

OH. BY THE WAY. I have no clue how the Big Bang members are. Like how they live together or not. I only based their lifestyle with their Japn dorm life. If anyone who watched 2ne1 tv will know what I mean. During their Japan life, TOP and their manager lived on another floor, Jiyong and Seungri lived together in a middle floor, Daesung and Yongbae lived on one of the bottom floors. So in this story. IMPORTANT. MUST READ. Yongbae, Daesung, Jiyong, and Seungri live like this. Top lives with his parents somewhere.

Thank you! :)