Are We There Yet?

Make the Best of It

"Annyonghaseyo~" Dara greeted YG.

"Morning,..did you sleep get any sleep last night?" YG asked Dara. She had bags under her eyes, a completely different feature compared to yesterday.

"I slept for almost five hours..?" Dara smiled sheepishly, "The girls gave me some inspiration yesterday so I got some lyrics down but nothing worthy for a melody yet."

"Ah, When you feel confident enough, talk to Teddy about making it happen, arrasso?" YG pointed out.

"Neee~" Dara plopped onto his couch.

"The girls are exercising right now, morning exercise. Afterwards, they're going to vocal training. Then they'll do dance practice again at 5."

"Ahh, late night dance practice for them, huh?"

"Mmhmm"

"Ahh, I'll go in a bit. I haven't spent time with my Appa today now have I?"

"Appa has work to do and places to go today, can you spend time with him tomorrow?" YG packed his documents into his breifcase.

"As long as I get to stay tomorrow, double the time." Dara replied cheekily.

"Arrasso, tell me how they're doing okay?" YG grabbed a light jacket before patting Dara's head.

"I'll give you a full report tomorrow Sa Jang Nim!" Dara saluted to him.

"I'm looking forward to it~" And YG has left the building.

Dara sat on the couch a little longer before heading to the elevator.

Looks like I get to see coach Hwang today. 

 


 

Arriving at the YG's Gym, Dara spotted that thick, yet fit, middle aged korean man she has grown to love to be helping Minzy hold a punching bag in place. Minzy wore a very comfortable outfit, a loose black shirt and basketball shorts. Guilded by Coach Hwang, Minzy threw her frustration into her punches. Bom, on the other hand, had earplugs on and was running continuously on the trendmil. Bom wore a white loose tank top with aqua blue running shorts. She had a thin layer of sweat and her clothes were somewhat damped. Where's CL? Dara then spotted CL coming out of the restroom.

"Oh! Annyonghaseyo" CL bowed once she noticed Dara at the entrance of the gym they were in. 

"Annyong~" Dara cutely greeted.

"Dara-ah?" Coach Hwang shocked to see Dara back in his gym. 

"Annyong, Coach Hwang! How have you been?" Dara smiled before giving him a hug. 

"Yahhh, it's good to see you back here!" Pulling Dara out of his embrace,"And you've grown alot! Well, you're still too skinny but-"

"I'm not me if I'm not skinny." Dara stuck her tongue out. Coach Hwang laughed. "Right right"

"Hey kids! I'm hanging out with you guys today~" Dara cooed, running to each member and giving them a quick hug. 

Coach Hwang frowned,"They still need to do their morning and daily exercises."

"I know, I'm just going to be exercising with them" said Dara. 

"Arrasso. Girls, you have 13 more minutes before we switch off. Get back to it!" Coach Hwang reprimanded.

CL, Minzy and Bom giggled and hugged Dara before getting back to their routine. Spending time with Dara in their schedule has definitely made time go by quicker, funner, and more useful. Dara cracked her neck and stretched out her arms before she sat next to CL and enjoy the morning exercise. 

~

"Yah, I almost forgot how tiring exercising is for trainees." Dara gasped. The four has finished their morning exercise and are currently in the cafeteria eating lunch. The three girls were use to their tiring morning routine and was amused by Dara's response to it. CL leaned towards Dara.

"Unnie~, that just means you're not fit and healthy as you say you were." teased CL. Dara gasped offendedly.

"Of course I am! I'm perfectly fit and healthy..You ladies are just crazy fit and abnormally healthy!" Dara puffed. 

"No we're not! CL and I are pefectly fine! It's only Minzy that is crazy fit and abnormally healthy!" Bom exclaimed.

"Unnie!" the maknae complained.

"Well it's true, you're just amazing at exercising. Coach Hwang loves you," Bom complimented.

"Bom Unnie, you're pretty healthy with all the vitamins you have.." CL pointed out. Dara snickered. 

"Yah! Let's see if I'll ever share my vitiamins with you Sandara Park!" Bom scrunched her nose at Dara.

"Ah! Mian Bommie-ah! Mian!" Dara whined. She got a hold of Bom's right arm and hugged it. Wiggling her arm consistantly, Bom couldn't use her chopsticks properly.

"YAH, I'm hungry! Let go of my arm if you want some of my vitamins!" Bom snarled. Dara quickly retracted herself from Bom's arm.

"Okay!" Dara sat back down and ate her meal. 

CL and Minzy watched the two and giggled. Things were definitely better with Dara around. 

~

After lunch was vocal training. 

"So.. you guys have vocal training next... I can't really help you guys much since my vocal range isn't up to par," Dara pinched her nose bridge, "So have fun without me!"

Dara couldn't reach the door before a hand got a hold of her arm.

"Dara Unnie... I want to hear you sing." Minzy pouted.

"B-but-" CL grabbed her other arm.

"Unnie~, I'm sure your voice is really good!" CL dragged her over to the vocal training room with Minzy's help.

"H-h-hey.. YAH BOMMIE, Stop pushing me!" Dara whined. Bom was behind Dara pushing her.

"Arrasso, Arrasso! I'll go! Let me go!" Dara sighed. The girls didn't comply and released Dara once they entered the vocal room. 

"Uh...You are..?" The vocal trainer asked. He was confused why his three trainees dragged an unwilling girl into his room. 

"She's Park Sandara and she's going to be with us for vocal training today" CL gleamed. 

"A-ah, does Sa Jang Nim know about this?" he asked.

"Yes he does" Dara answered before CL could reply. He nodded. 

"Shim min-imnda. Let's get started, shall we?" The girls nodded.

"Since we have a guest here, can we hear you sing a bit?" Shim min requested.

"E-eh?  I, uh, my voice isn't that strong. It's like a pretty tone instead of it being strong." said Dara.

"It's fine, anything is good." Shim min replied. 

"A-ah.. um.. " Dara cleared and exhaled.

Sarang hamida boy 
Pero afraid ako (afraid ako)
Baka hindi ako (hindi ako)
Boto ni mommy mo (mommy mo)
Kapag nalaman niya (nalaman niya)
Ikaw ay gusto ko (gusto ko)
Baka sabihin niya 
Nagpapakacheap ako (nagpapakacheap ako)

 

"Yeah.." Dara finished. Everyone clapped for her.

"Your voice is very pretty. It's not powerful like the girls' but its still good." Shim min complimented.

"Thank you." Dara smiled.

"Okay, now we'll start off with Minzy.."

And so the vocal training continued. Being with the girls at vocal traning has made Dara realise how talented the girls were. They rapped and sing beautifully. Although there were countless flats, strains, and sounds unnatural coming from a mouth, Dara knew these  mistakes could be fixed with practice and dedication. They harmonized so well with one another. They were completely focused and passionate; Dara didn't want to disturb them anymore. Around halfway into the vocal lesson, Dara excused herself, saying she had something important to do. Bidding the girls farewell, Dara left the vocal room and headed to the practice room. She needed to talk to a certain young man named Shaun. 

~

"Unnie?" Minzy called out confused.

"Oh! You kids are here! Great, stretch and warm up. I'm teaching you your new routines from now on." Dara wiped the sweat beading down her neck. 

"Is this were you went to when you left vocal training?" Bom asked.

"Where's Shaun-nim?" CL added.

"Um..he left, yea." 

 

~After Dara left vocal Training~

Dara entered the practice room loudly and watched Shaun dance with two other, working on the new routine for the kids. Watching the choreography until the end, Dara anaylized the steps Shaun made.

"Shaun, you're going to teach me the choreography, right now." Dara demanded.

Shaun finally noticed Dara standing at the corner of the room. "Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean, I'm such a horrible teacher." Shaun bit out.

"Try me." Dara walked forward and watched Shaun execute the first set of steps. Following his steps after he finishes, Shaun was surprised how quick Dara has caught onto the dance steps. They spent the next two hours teaching Dara the steps before Dara could dance the choreography completely. 

"You're.. really good at dancing" Shaun praised.

"No, it's called  hard work, but thank you." Dara wiped the sweat off her neck. 

"The steps I taught you just now was CL's, the other two are taught by Kim Taegu," Shaun pointed to the dancer with the white shirt and eye smiles,"who teaches Minzy and that," he pointed to the man next to Taegu,"Is Lao Minho whos in charge of Bom this time around." Shaun introduced.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Park Sandara, call me Dara." Dara introduced. The two nodded and threw her a peace sign, too tired to reply. Dara smiled, she had a feeling she will get along with the other two. But for Shaun...

"Thank you for teaching me the steps, now you do not have to teach the girls. Whenever they finish a routine, you will be teaching me the steps, then you will leave. You will not be able to handle the girls anymore until I see otherwise. Thank you for your hard work," Dara nodded to Shaun," Taegu-shi, Lao Minho-shi, I'm really looking forward as to working with you from now on."

"N-ne, We're looking forward to it also.." Taegu glanced at Minho. Is Dara kicking Shaun out?

Shaun glared at Dara angrily. Is this girl joking?! Why the hell does he have to leave?!?

"Oh? You're still here? I'm sorry your presence is no longer needed." Dara looked coldly at Shaun. Understanding Dara's intentions, Shaun inwardly growled before collecting his stuff and left the practice room. 

"Now.. where were we?" Dara smiled at the two men before her.

Taegu and Minho looked at each other, they just knew they've got themselves in something they don't want to be in...

 

Yea, Shaun left... Taegu and Minho rolled their eyes. 

"Omo, Taegu Oppa and Minho Oppa's here today!" Minzy smiled.

"Yes, they are, now  stretch girls, stretch!" Dara instructed.

"Yah, I got a feeling we're going to regret Shaun leaving" Bom joked.

"Hey!" Dara pouted,"I'm not that bad. The quicker we finish this, the more rest you girls get!" 

"She's kidding Unnie," CL eased,"Let's get to work girls."

"Ne~" Bom and minzy chanted.

"Good, now here we go!"