Are we therE YEt?

Make the Best of It

"Appa, I'm tired." Dara groaned.

"Is that so?" 

"Mmm," Dara eyed his desk,"I don't understand how you can sit on that chair for so many hours and not get annoyed by all the paper work you have to finish."

"Trust me," YG glanced at her,"I don't like signing off paper every damn minute but I have to in order to keep this company moving."

"True." Dara nodded.

"Oh!" Dara looked at YG curiously,"I heard... a very interesting rumor in this building, Appa."

"And what would that rumor be about?" YG stared his planner... he needed to leave in about twenty minutes. 

"It's about this high up worker dating a YG actress!" Dara gasped, and gave YG an exagerated shocked expression,"Dating! In YG! Can you believe it?! And you know!"-Dara wiggled her finger back and forth and shook her head-"They say that the actress is-"

"It's Lee Eunji and I, right?" YG finishd, not even fazed by Dara's discovery nor her act.

 Dara giggled,"Yes it is. So is it true?" She left the the couch and sat in front of his desk.

"Yes, We've been dating for awhile now, secretly of course."

"And you didn't tell me this, why?!" Dara pouted.

"I didn't think of it," YG said emotionlessly.

"Well,-" Dara picked up his planner,"I want to meet her one day! Someone that caught my Appa's attention-Wait." Dara stared at him,"Did you tell her about me yet?"

YG didn't reply. Dara tsked. "You need to tell her about me soon so she won't misunderstand anything."

"There isn't a chance of you or her even meeting, let alone have the connection of me in it."

"There is a slight possibility, and that slight" Dara emphasised," possibility is aways the thing guys don't look out for and the girl finds  that thing out eventually. Tell her about it soon. In fact, tell her when you meet her in a bit." Dara placed his planner back on his desk.

"I'll think about it." YG told her after a long pause. "What about you?"

"What about me?" Dara raised a brow at him. 

"Found anyone yet?" YG looked at her. He didn't find anything important nor interesting about the files he was looking at so why not enjoy this conversation?

"Nope, I've been stuck here," she pointed to the building,"ever since I came back. There aren't a lot of options if I can't date anyone in YG." Dara shrugged. YG nodded.

"Is there anyone you would be interested in?" YG suggested.

"Hmm," Dara thought of one candidate but threw him in the back of her mind,"Not really.."

"Anyone in YG you would be interested then?" YG dragged out lazily. 

Dara froze. Of course she had a person, that person, in mind but could she tell the CEO of YG? Even if it's her appa?

Noticing her posture YG raised a brow,"So you do. Who?"

"W-what are you talking about? I didn't even answer your question yet." Dara replied nervously.

"Yes, you didn't. That means that you were thinking about it. That meant you thought of someone." YG pointed out,"Who?"

"I'd like to keep that to myself, thank you very much." Dara pouted.

"Celebrity or non celebrity? Trainee or non trainee?" 

"Con. Fi. Den. Tial." Dara bit out.

"Does he know about your...thoughts about him?"

"Nope" Dara sighed,"I'm just that good in acting. He sees me as just another person in YG." 

"Are you really not interested in anyone else? Anyone else I can approve of?" YG asked desparately. He really wanted Dara to find someone she can rely on and enjoy her youth with. She wasn't banned from dating like the YG artists. Dara isn't an artist to begin with. YG wanted her to be normal.

"No..I haven't given a thought about others. Sad to say," Dara sighed and looked away,"that I'm honestly only interested in him because I'm only focused on 2ne1 lately. When I'm not doing anything related to 2ne1, it's him that pops out of no where physically or just in my mind."

"Please tell me you're not interested in Teddy." YG spatted out. Dara laughed.

"Teddy Oppa will always be the best bigger brother I'll ever have. He's boarding big brother and uncle." Dara giggled,"He is defintely not on my list to date."

"Se7en?"

"Does it really matter? And no. He's dating someone, isn't he?" Dara pointed out. YG shrugged. 

"He is. And I want to know who you're interested in."

"It doesn't matter. It's not like I get the chance to actually date him. He's-" Dara bit her lower lips. She almost gave herself away. "He's pretty dedicated to his work." YG stared at his daughter. Should he? Dara is a dedicated and passionate person. Knowing her for so long, YG can probably guess that her feelings for this...person will not fade with a few months. No. It'll take her probably a few years. Dara knows when to focus on her work and when to fantasize her perfect love life. The only problem is, YG knows it's a celebrity or a trainee. Otherwise, Dara wouldn't have the problem of not pursuing a romantic relationship. YG sighed.

"Yes or no, is he in Big Bang?" YG looked at the time. He needs to start packing soon or he'll be late to see his lovely girlfriend.

"I cannot answer that." Dara watched him pack.

So it is, YG thought. Is he really willing to risk it? It's his daughter. It's not like they haven't dated secretly or behind his back before YG rolled his eyes. Oh what the heck.

"Then I cannot give you permission to date whoever you want in YG." YG cooly replied. Picking up the last of his files, YG glanced at the clock again. 

"W-what?" Dara stared at her father in shock. 

"Yes or no, is he in Big Bang?" YG swiped the car keys off his desk.

"N-ne, he is." Dara looked away. YG nodded.

"Then I'll give you permission to date whoever you want." Dara froze. Really? She can? "But you have to choose wisely. I will only let you date whoever you want in YG once. You do not have the option to date more than one person in YG. Once you and whoever it is ends the relationship. It's over for the rest of YG celebrities or trainees. Arrasso?" 

Dara numbly nodded, unable to process everything YG has said.

"Good, now Appa has to go now. Oh and please try not to tell everyone about it?" YG left his office leaving Dara in her seat, astonished on what just happened.

 

I...have a chance..?

 

 

~

 

"2NE1. WHERE'S 2NE1?!" Dara rushed through the halls of the YG building. She's been through four floors and Dara was unable to find the girls. Dara puffed. Of all the important things I need to tell them, they're MIA? Moving onto the recording floor, Dara prayed they girls were in one of the rooms. 

"2ne1??" Dara cooed while she opened the door,"Ani?"

"They just left awhile ago, saying they had a sudden schedule YG gave them." Jiyong raised a brow,"Why? Shouldn't you know their schedule like the back of your hand?" J-jiyong?! Why of all people?! Dara flushed. Jiyong sat comfortably in the studio with all the controls and monitors flashing at him. 

"D-do you know when they'll be back by?" Dara stood at the edge of the door. Jiyong shook his head. 

"No. Hey, can you listen to this and tell me what you think of it?" Jiyong swerved the computer chair facing the recording room.

"Sure." Dara took the vacant seat next to him and closed her eyes. Nothing can distract her better than her work and music, even if Jiyong was the cause of her anxiety.   

"Why isn't Teddy Oppa here?" 

"He's working with se7en for the next few days" Jiyong played the track. Dara immediately bobbed her head to the beat. The track was upbeat and addicting. Dara moved her body along with the beat. 

"Yeah, it's really fun!" Dara squealed after the track ended,"I can't wait until the voice is added with it. But why is it so short?"

"It's going to be the intro track of the album." Dara nodded. 

"This time, I have the lyrics but I don't have the melody to it." Jiyong swiftly past her a copy of the lyrics.

"Mmmm. I wouldn’t be like this if I was a good man,But I am not a bad man, right? Please don’t say it was a misunderstanding..." Dara mummured to herself. She read the lyrics calmly and closed her eyes. What melody would go well along with such...raw feelings?

Dara gasped, eyes snapped open at Jiyong, "Give me a guitar. Now." 

Jiyong didn't question her and ran into the recording room. Luckily, he remembered a guitar placed in one of the cabinets awhile back. Spotting the guitar, he handed the guitar to Dara.

"Listen carefully and sing along with it." Dara picked onto the guitar. Jiyong listened carefully and waited for the beat;

"I wouldn’t be like this if I was a good man
But I am not a bad man, right?
Please don’t say it was a misunderstanding..."

"Something like that with some beats to it..?" Dara stopped playing and watched Jiyong. He was contemplating on the melody Dara composed.

"Can we record it?" Dara nodded and carried the guitar into the recording room. They recorded it easily. Jiyong sat there and listened to the guitar strums.

"Stretch it out for the whole chorus and start the beats on the first verse." Dara suggested after awhile. She pressed the necessary operations on the record system and replayed the track. Dara bobbed her head along to it.

"Add an extra beat behind that part" Jiyong stopped the track and made the adjustments. 

"Ohhhh, I like it" Dara danced in her seat,"It's simple, somewhat y, and it won't overshadow the lyrics or singer."

Jiyong nodded. "Do you want me to leave so you can make the some adjustments?" Dara offered. Jiyong shook his head.

"You helped me with the melody, you can stay as long as you want. You're a part of this track now, Stayy" Jiyong stated and played the track again. 

"Ahh, that part should go really high" Dara pointed at the lyrics,"it'll fit the chorus without being too randomly high."

"Then Top hyung can rap the next part." Jiyong mummered. Dara nodded.

"I think Top should also get this part..." 

 

~

 

"Thanks Dara." 

"No problem, I'm glad I helped." The two stayed in the studio for the last four hours fixing the melody for the lyrics. 

"So what did you need the girls for?" Jiyong wondered.

"Ahh,"Dara suddenly remembered her conversation with YG,"I have really exciting news I wanted to tell the girls."

"Like what?" Jiyong was now very curious of this news she had.

"Uh.."She panicked for a second before she shrugged it off. It was bound for the news to get out sooner or later.

"I had a talk with YG today," Dara started. Jiyong nodded at her to continue.

"And we were talking about dating. That led into why I wasn't dating anyone." Dara continued.

"I'm not bound to the YG contract like celebritites, like you guys are" Jiyong nodded.

"So-" She paused. There is no way she was going to tell him every detail "-basically, after awhile into the conversation, YG gave me permission to date anyone I'd like, YG trainees and celebrities included." Dara finished. She watched his expression carefully. So far, it was everything she expected. He was shocked and astonished, just like she was in the morning. 

"I know, I'm surpised too." Dara added.

"What happens to the guy? Is he void of that part of his contract then?" Jiyong asked, very interested in this now.

"Most likely, I mean- how would the relationship work out if YG granted my part and not his?" Dara shrugged. Jiyong became unusually quiet aftewards. Feeling somewhat awkward with the silence, Dara decided to fill the silence.

"I only get one chance at this, according to YG," Jiyong looked up at her again, "I'm only allowed one chance to date someone in YG. If it doesn't work out with that someone, I'm done. Soo" Dara looked ar Jiyong "I really need to be careful of who I choose." The two fell silent again.

"Well yea that's what I wanted to tell the gir-"

"Go out with me." 

Dara stared at him, flabbergasted. Did he just...He's not.. He's kidding..

"I don't think I heard that correctly," Dara hesitantly replied. She stared into his eyes.

 

He wasn't joking. 

 

"Dara, go out with me" Jiyong repeated.

"W-where do you want to go?" Dara quickly stood and hastily took her belongings. She didn't want to misunderstand. Jiyong isn't asking her out. He's probably just hungry. Yea, let's think of it that way.

"The c-canteen-?" Dara rambled on but Jiyong wouldn't let her continue. He grasped her wrist firmly, halting her movements. 

"Dara, I'm not asking to go somewhere with you. I'm asking to be in a relationship with you." Jiyong told her steadily. 

Analyzing his words, Dara gently tugged on her arm and Jiyong released her wrist. She sat back down on her vacant seat and drummed her fingers on the table.

"Why?" Dara needed to be smart, wise about this. True, she likes Jiyong sincerely but she won't bind herself into a relationship if he doesn't share the same sentiments as she does.

Jiyong took his time to respond to her. She didn't mind, Jiyong needed to convince her he was good for her.

"I want to be in a relationship and so do you. We're really compatible with each other, composing or just hanging out. And I really want to be in a relationship where I can communicate with my girlfriend with music." Jiyong looked at her" You fit in that description really well. I'm also attracted to you."

Dara gazed at the mic in the recording studio. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Her crush or whatever she felt for Jiyong was describing why he wanted to be with her. He, Kwon Jiyong, Big Bang's Leader, fashinista and charisma icon, the leading trend and legend of the whole world. She closed her eyes, think Dara think.

"I'll admit that we're compatible with each other" Dara voiced, "But Jiyong-" she looked at him "I'm looking for a serious relationship here. Are you really commiting yourself for a serious relationship? I'm not looking for someone to marry but someone I will be with for a as long as I can. Can you really picture yourself with me for so long?" I'm not clueless about you being a player Jiyong... Dara waited for his reply.

Jiyong stared back into her eyes and nodded to her. "I'm considering nothing less than a serious relationship here also." Dara's hear jumped at his reply.

"Do you even want this relationship? Or do you just want someone to cuddle with or talk to at night?" Dara laid out all her worries in front of him. She needs him to answer them all before she can give him her final verdict.

"What do you mean by that?" Jiyong scrunched his expression at her, confused.

"Jiyong, do you want a relationship? Or a relationship with me?" Dara carefully stated the difference,"Because I feel that you just want to be in a realtionship. You even said so at first. I need someone that actually has feelings for me in order for a relationship to work. Not just a friend, no-"

"I do want to be in a relationship. I don't want just anyone. I can picture us together. I don't know about you, but our relationship never was sunbae-hoobae, noona-dongsaeng. Ever. It never felt right whenever I called you Noona and I try not to use it." Jiyong had this intensity in his eyes that Dara couldn't break away from. His eyes held so many emotions that Dara can't help but to be lost in them. 

"A-ah-" Dara broke away after awhile. She understood what Jiyong has meant. They really never had that kind of relationship. They were somewhat out of those boundaries from the start.

She can always tell Jiyong she needed time to think about her decision but- Dara grasped the edge of her shirt- her heart knew what she wanted. It was her mind that was stopped her from responding to him. Her mind thought of his busy schedule, his role of being Big Bang's leader, his player ways, his dedication to music. Would he even have time for her?

"Do you know how hard this will be if we dated?" Dara spoke softly to him,"You're Big Bang's leader. You're a celebrity millions of fangirls adore and admire. You're an international artist. You drown yourself in music and schedules. Do you really have time for me? Would it really work, Jiyong?

"I also don't know how I'll be like when I'm in a serious relationship. I've never been in one. What if I become this annoying and clingy girlfriend? What if I break down and cry like a school girl for every little, stupid fight we have? What if I can't take the long distance relationship, Ji?" The flutter in her heart was long forgotten and dread came in. Dara stared at the floor, drowned in her worries.

Gently, Jiyong lifted her chin up and looked her in the eye. He carrassed her bangs before tucking the strand behind her ear. "Dara, facing all this will be part of experiencing a relationship. We probably-no, we will face a lot more problems and difficulties in the future, and a lot more compared to average relationships. That's what a relationship is. We go through it together and enjoy the moment; past, present, and future." He spoke with such sincerity and honestly. He was absolutely serious about them being an item. Dara can feel herself fall for him and to cave into him. 

"Do you even like me more than a friend Jiyong?" This was her last question. 

"I wouldn't ask you if I didn't Dara." Jiyong stared at her gently. He wasn't lying. Dara can see it in his eyes, his sincerity. Dara closed her eyes and inhaled.

"You better not make me regret this Jiyong." Dara sighed but a soft smile crawled it's way to her.

"So is that a yes?" Jiyong returned her smile with a bright one. Jiyong wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yes, it is, JI-" Dara squealed. Jiyong lifted her up, estatic of her reply. Dara giggled and secured her arms around his neck. He swung her around before carefully placing her down.

"You're not going to regret this on bit, Babe" Jiyong whispered into her ear. Dara immediately blushed and slapped his shoulder.

"Y-yah, Babe? Already?" Dara looked away. Jiyong chuckled at her. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I use that now? After all, you're mine now." Jiyong held her closer to him.

"Eep!" Dara flushed herself into the crook of his neck, embarrassed of just everything that's happening to her.

"My baby is so cute" Jiyong laughed.

"S-stop it" Dara whined. She couldn't handle the high she was feeling. 

"Arrasso, arrasso." Jiyong loosened his grip on her waist but Dara didn't move an inch.

"Alright, seems like someone likes it." Jiyong said, amused. He tightened his grip on her again.

"Are you going to tell your members?" Dara muttered into his neck.

"Unless you don't want me to." Jiyong responded while he subconcously rubbed small circles on the middle of her back.

"Should I tell the girls?" Mmm that feels good..

"If you want them to know." Jiyong answered her softly.

"Ji, don't do that. I'm getting sleepy because of it. Stop" Dara whined. 

"Stop what?"

"My b-back." Jiyong looked over her shoulder and stopped his fingers,"Mian."

"Sleepy.. Ji's fault.." Dara murmured into his neck. Her eyes drooped. Gosh damn, he had a really nice cologne on too. Jiyong gently pulled away from her, though he wasn't willing to let go of her hands yet, hoping this would wake her up. It worked after Dara shook her head a bit. 

"I blame you" Dara pouted and rubbed her eyes.

"Mian" amusement crinkled in his eyes,"But we really need to talk about the others. Do we tell them or no?"

"I'm telling the girls because they'll kill me if they found out months later." Dara decided.

"So I can tell Big Bang." Dara nodded. 

"Arrasso. Now as much as I want to spend more time with my new and adorable girlfriend-" Dara smiled at the sound of that "I really need to get back to composing. When do you need to go to 2ne1's practice today?"

"It's at..." Dara stared at the clock, shocked,"I'm late!" Dara released his hands and hastily grabbed her belongings.

"I'll text, call you later, I gotta go!" Dara gave him a quick hug.

"Arrasso, maybe I'll come by later. Bye, Babe." Jiyong returned her hug and opened the door for her. 

"Okay, Byye~" Dara rushed out the studio and jumped into the elevator. 

 

Oh my god. Dara watched the number decrease on the elevator monitor.

 

 

 

I, Park Sandara, am offically dating Kwon Jiyong.

 


 

 

 

 

 


 

Okay, who's willing to admit it. You didn't expect them to start things off like that. Admit it ya'll! You all expected a long chase, the two being totally oblivious of each other's feelings and that usual jazz. Nope! You didn't get it this time around. The fun just started guys, aren't you guys excited?!

-MiiLkYcOuPllE

p.s. Someone please get pinkmermaid to read this story. She inspired me to write this story and put it out here instead of keeping it in my mind. Thank you! 

also. All songs belongs to whoever sang, produced, and composed it.