Here We Go!

Make the Best of It

~2007~

Walking into the infamous YG building, Big Bang was all up in her face. No, the boys were not here. The boys are cuurently in Japan, promoting their first Japan album.  Posters, pictures, plushies, dolls, and other trinkets consisted of the big bang boys. With no doubt, YG is doing his best to promote his first boy band. Walking futher into the building, the colors of YG's artists begins to shine. Gummy, 1TYM, Jinusean, Se7en and other artists' posters were up. The whole building just screamed bad to her. Approaching the elevator, she rode the elevator to the top floor.

I gotta admit, his floor is pretty awesome she eyed the lounge space. Boldly, she enters the lounge oo-ing and awe-ing the plushie collection on the wall and the chic atmosphere the office held. 

"Are you planning to greet me anytime soon?" YG, hunched over the piles of paperwork, asks.

"Depends..are you going to look at me or the piece of paper when I greet you?" she retorts.

Signing off the last of the pile of work he was working on, he lifts his head up and stares at her.

She, in return, smiles at him and bows deeply to him.

"Annyonghaseyo! I'm back!" grinning cheekily.  

"Ahh, I can see that" YG grins. YG stands up and she quickly jumps into his arms.

"Appa... I'm back" she hugs him tighter before they released each other. 

"I'm glad my daughter's back. How's your trip?" YG sits back down and starts on the second of pile of paperwork he has ready for him.

"Well, I've been everywhere actually. You know me, I can't really stay in one place too long. So I stayed in each country for about half a year-" She rambles on of her trip. This was their relationship. She rambles while he does his paperwork. 

"-It's really cool there. You should go there on your honeymoon when you get married, appa. How many piles did you finish this time?" 

"Three and a half, good job." YG estimated his completed work.

"Alright, that wasn't bad. So how much has changed since I've been gone? Are the staffs still here? Kochi Hwang? Teddy Oppa?" She was dying to see her favorites again. 

"Ne, they're still here. I believe they're here right now." her face lights up.

"Can I go see them?!" She begs. 

"As long as you're being respectful to them. They're training the new girl group." YG continues to sign off his documents. 

"Eh, new girl group? That's out of the norm. When are they debuting?" 

"Not any time soon, I'm afraid." Throwing the file to the completed file, he reaches for a new one. 

"Can...I  see them?" Halting his work, YG eyes her for a moment. "What are you going to do once you see them?" 

"To see if they're worth it or not"

"They should be practicing routines right now."

"I'll see you in a bit" she bows to her appa before wondering off to the three potential artists.

YG watches the elevator doors close. Reaching for the office phone, he dials a number.

"Annyonghaseyo Hwe Jang Nim"

"I have a vistor coming by to meet the girls. Don't tell the girls and the others. And also,"

"Ne?"

"Let her control the flow, arrasso?"

"Ne, Hwe Jang Nim!"

"Good, I'll come down later to see how they're progressing. Najunge bwaeyo (see you later)"

"Ne!"

*click*

 


 

Staring at his phone, Shaun Evaristo cringes at his conversation with YG. They always had a business related relationship but being so formal all the time was plain tiring. Putting this phone away, he watched the girls practice the choreography Shaun taught them over a week ago. Frustration is boiling over him. They are still doing the steps wrong. Shaun Evaristo did not work with amateurs, he works with professionals. But of course, Shaun knows these girls have great potential. They learn quickly, but not quick enough for his liking. Seeing Bom make another mistake Shaun snaps. 

"Bom-ah! You started off the wrong foot again. Again! And stay in beat. You're getting the beat wrong by half a beat. AND You're getting Chaerin and Minzy messed up with your beat. AGAIN." Shaun growls. 

Bom collapses onto the floor. They have been practicing the whole day. They started at 8 in the morning and haven't stopped yet. Bom looks at the clock. 3: 04 pm. They did not get a break for lunch yet. Quickly getting on her feet, Shaun put on the music again. 

Bom glares at her own reflexion as she danced correctly to the beat. She is determined to get the steps right without that jerk biting on at her every 5 minutes. The music was  cut off once again. 

"AGAIN. BOM, you need to STOP making that SAME mistake. again. Chaerin you're getting your steps mixed up. You should be FAMILIAR with the steps. Minzy, you need to put more strength into your movements. Again." Shaun critizes and blares the music from the top. Having no time to let the critism sink, the girls danced to the same mistakes. 

YAH. ARE YOU GUYS EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" Shaun yells. The girls flinch at the sound of his voice. 

"I'M TELLING YOU GIRLS RIGHT NOW, YOU WILL NOT BE IDOLS ANYTIME SOON WITH THE WAY YOU DANCE LIKE THAT. YOUR VOICES MAY HAVE POTENTIAL BUT WITH PERFORMANCES LIKE THAT, YOU SHOULD GIVE UP RIGHT NOW. YOU Girls. Are. Pathetic. Can't even get steps like those righ-"

"Well then, as their choreographer, you can dance to all their steps so they can see what they did wrong, right? Please dance to her part of the choreo." The music blares the room but no one moves. The girls and Shaun stares at the woman next to the music box.

"Who-"

"I'm sorry, but if you're not going to dance to this song, and let's say this is your debut stage, you will ruin yourself already. Again." She blares the music from the top. This time, the dance choreographer danced to the steps and beats correctly. The girls watched in awe. When the song ended, the woman clapped her hands. 

"Good, so you can dance. Since you are the choreographer, I hope you did dance the choreography correctly and the mistakes I saw were suppose to be in the routine." Chaerin, Bom, and Minzy jaws dropped. That woman is accusing their choreographer of making mistakes?!

Shaun turns away and scowls. He knew he made a couple of mistakes, the same mistakes Bom just made. Apparently, his routine did not give Bom enough time to do the extra move he planted in there.

Meeting Shaun's eye, she nudges her head to the side. Shaun opens his mouth to ask the woman who the hell does she think she is before

"Let her control the flow, arrasso?"

Shaun freezes. This is the woman Hwe Jang Nim was talking about? Wisely obeying her, Shaun walked to the side of the practice room. 

Good She thought. "Whos the lucky girl that saw Shaun dance to her steps?" She asks. Bom slowly raises  her hand. She nods and walks next to Bom.

"Now, that extra step Shaun wants you to master is not possible. So please dance that part again without the music. Starting from 2." Bom nods and gets in position 2. She followed Bom and stood in position 2. 

"3-" both of them shifted to the side. 

"4-" quickly kneeling on the floor with the left knee and spun.

"5-" the two arched their back up slowly and standing up.

"6-" sticking the right hand out and did a body wave.

"7-" grabbing the air and quickly holding it to their chest while stepping to the right

"8-" dropping onto their knees and folds their arms.

"Get it?" She asks Bom. Bom nods and did the routine again. 

"Ne! I got it, thank you!" Bom smiles in appreciation at her. 

"Now try it with the music. Shaun." Shaun grumbled before turning on the music. The girls did the routine much better then before. 

"Good, now we're going to take a break," She eyed Shaun to dare him to oppose her, "And we'll get back to the dance routine in three hours. Does anyone have a problem with that?"

No on answered her. 

"Good. Ladies, get your clothes and take a shower. Wear something comfortable. We're going out to eat. My treat!" She grinned. Ushering the girls to quickly shower, she nudged them to the bathroom. 

"You better smell like flowers when you come out or I'm going in there to do it for you!" She grinned. 

~

"Ahh, you ladies are so pretty and clean!" She squeals. 

"K-kamsamnida" the girls replies. Chaerin, Bom and Minzy are now refreshed from the shower and are wearing casual clothes. All of them were wearing a simple t-shirt and long pants.

"Where's Shaun-nim?" Minzy asks. She doesn't see their choreographer in the practice room anymore.  

"Eh, he's not coming with us so he left. Now. Today we're going to eat what tranees love to eat. Meat." She grins. 

"Again, this is my treat. And do not think of the calories you'll gain because you'll just lose it all tomorrow, or in three hours. Now lets go!" The four left the practice room.

"How are we getting there?" Chaerin asks as they enter the elevator.

"I have a car." The elevator open it's doors to the parking lot. Leaving the YG building in her car, she noticed the awkward tension in the car.

"Ahhh, you guys are so quiet. Why?" She asked. Chaerin is in the front, next to her while Minzy and Bom sat in the back seat. 

"I don't want to sound rude," Bom states carefully, "But who are you?!"

She shouldn't be surprised by her question, but she was. She also shouldn't burst out laughing, but she did. 

"Mian! I forgot we haven't introduced ourselves to each other. Yah, all three of you are so willing to enter a stranger's car!! What's wrong with you girls?!" She jokes," Park Sandara-imnda. Call me Dara though." 

"I'm Lee Chaerin but call me CL," Chaerin introduces, "Park Bom is behind me and Gong Minzy is behind you."

"Nice to finally know your names." Dara giggles, "How have you girls been lately? Stressed? Tired? Deprived of anything?"

The three ladies looks at each other. Why is Dara, this lady that they just met an hour ago, asking such a strong personal question?

"Uh..." CL glances at her members, "It's been tough but we're holding on."

"That's good to hear. I really hoped that horrible teaching choreographer didn't lower your self-esteems of being an singer. He's so irritating," Dara scowls," How does he expect you girls to understand and do the steps if he gives you one second to understand your faults? No good, son of a pineapple he is." Dara puffs.

The girls gaps at Dara. She vocalizes her opinions really well. Isn't Dara afraid of the girls telling on her?!

"We're here!" Dara pulls up to a Korean Barbeque resturant. Bom's eyes lights up. It's Meat!!! Bom hastly left the car and semi walks/runs to the resturant. 

"I take it that she likes meat?" Dara watches Bom waiting for them at the front of the resturant.

"No, she loves food in general." Minzy replies sheepishly.

Ahh, she's going to be a lovely idol to her fans Dara nodded to herself and Minzy.

~

Minzy's, CL's, and Bom's eyes widden and jaws drops at the sight of platters of meat before them. 

"Eat up girls!" Dara gleams and started placing the raw beef slices onto the grill. The waiters are still piling side dishes and vegetables onto their table. There wasn't enough room to put all the food on the table so they had to combine all the meat platters to two raw meat mountains. Bom quickly complies and grabs her pair of chopsticks, Minzy following her just as fast. However, before Bom and Minzy could reach for the beloved beef slices, CL grasps their arms. Shocked at CL's sudden move, Bom whines," Yah, CL-ah. I;m hungry. Can you please let go of me?" CL doesn't reply nor let go of their arms. Dara watch the three and continued to cook the beef at the same time. 

Signing, Bom drops her chopsticks and shakes her arm out of CL's grasp before crossing her arms. CL releases Minzy's arm and she too drops her arms onto her lap. CL then glares at Dara.

"Why are you treating us? As much as I'd like to eat this meal, I cannot eat it contently without knowing why you're doing this. Sure you can treat anyone you want but there's awalys a reason behind an action. So what is yours? Why did you help us back at the practice room? Why are you being so nice and helpful to us. Just who are you?" CL demands. Hearing CL's speech, Bom and Minzy stares at Dara. They too want to know why she was doing this. 

"Well," Dara doesn't look up and continues to cook the beeft slices," I'm Park Sandara. I'm not here to kidnap you and sell you the nearby ion company. I'm here to help you perform on stage. There is no way anyone can learn with the method Shaun used back in the practice room," Placing the cooked beef slices on their plates," I'm here to make sure you three are well fed and prepared for the idol life. I'm here because I've only met you for less than two hours yet I can tell you three will be idols one day," Dara places more raw meat onto the grill,"Watching you girls put up with Shaun the jerkhead has shown me that you three really want to be idols to put up with him. I'm sure YG has many other teachers you girls are fond of or tolerate. Shaun is not tolerable, Dara flipped the meat over,"I know the tranee life is harsh and I want to help you girls go through it.," finally looking at the three potential trendsetters in the future and smiles," I'm here to support, comfort, and just be with you girls because I want you girls to succeed and be amazing. Now eat."

Dara placed the cooked meat onto their plates before making a wrap for herself. CL eyed her long and hard before picking up her chopsticks. Bom squeals, picking up her chopsticks and stuffs a slice of beef in a flash. Minzy also begins to induge herself with food. 

"Mmm" Dara savors the taste of the wrap she made as she chews slowly. The young ladies before her devours the food in front of them. For some reason, Dara liked how the girls are behaving in front of her. Having them stuff their faces with food, not caring about their image, and makeupless; It was just plain beautiful to her. 


After their meal, the four girls has become very close to each other. Although CL, Minzy, and Bom barely knew Dara, they had a feeling that they are going to be very close to Dara in the future. They play really well together and enjoy each other's presence.  Three hours flew by quickly and the girls had to continue practice. Dara stayed with the three trainees and helped them master the routine. YG eventually came by the practice room to evaluate the girls and to their surprise, YG was impressed with their progression. The girls squealed in bliss when YG left. They did it! Dara couldn't be happier for the girls. Congradulating the girls, Dara brought them fruits for dinner. Unfortunately, trainees could not eat solids after 8. With that, Dara left the girls to practice themselves. However, before Dara could go home she stopped by YG's office.

"Why are you here?" YG asks as he monitors Big Bang from his TV screen.

"I have a request." Dara sits next to YG.

"And what is it?" YG continues to watch the Big Bang boys on the screen.

"I want to help the girls debut."

YG looks at Dara,"Why?" 

"I see their potential and...I know they can be idols."

YG shifts his attention back to the screen, "You and I both know these girls will be idols in the future. The only matter is when, Dara. They just don't know that. Now why are asking for this?"

"I am asking for your permission to be by their side and guide them through the training," Dara watches the Big Bang boys dance syncronizingly on stage," I am asking to intrude in lesson when things are unreasonable or becomes too difficult for the girls. I am asking for a chance to push them to debut faster then you've originally planned for them. Knowling me, you know they'll be ready before the debut time you've arranged from them."

YG did not answer her. The duo continues the watch the Big Band boys finish their song and to start their next song.

"Have you told the three that CL is the leader?" Dara asks.

"I will soon, it's only in a matter of time they'lll find out. She runs the group as a leader already." YG replies.

"Just wondering. I mean, appointing a leader gives them hope." Dara inquires.

After the Big Bang's performance YG finally answered Dara's request.

"Go for it."

 

Dara squeals and gave YG a bear hug. "Thank Appa!"

"Stop that! A hug a day is already a lot, two's pushing it." YG chuckles but hugs her back.

"Oh, I told Shaun to teach me all the routines he's suppose to teach the girls and not to enter the practice room until they're preparing their debut performance. He's not a teacher Appa. He can only teach it to pros who can grasp it within the first half the hour" Dara frown.

"Arrasso, I'll send him somewhere else." YG nodded.

"I'ma go home now, Appa! I'll see you tomorrow!" Dara smiles.

"Be here by 8:30. Nights Dara." YG bids.

"Annyonnng~" The elevator doors closes.  

 

 



Sorry, there won't be any daragon for awhile. Heck, Big Bang won't be mentioned for awhile. Sorry! Please understand :(