are wE there YET?

Make the Best of It

December 13, 2008

"You called for me, Sajang Nim?"

YG surprisingly was not situated at his desk but on his sleek, black couch. YG glanced at Dara and patted the seat beside him. Dara silently obeyed his command and sat by him. Dara bit her lip while shuffling in her seat. The last time she spoke to YG was when he lifted her dating ban. What would YG say about her relationship with Jiyong? Dara looked at YG at the corner of her eye. He was monitoring Big Bang's performance on the flat screen. His watched the boys expressionlessly. Dara also began to watch the boys' performance. The duo watched Big Bang's performance quietly.

The unnerving silence was starting to get to Dara. Three performances has past and YG still hasn't said a thing. 

"Dara-ah," YG suddenly said. YG turned off the screen, placed the remote on the coffee table, then looked at her.

"I have heard many things regarding you and a certain YG artist for the past few months." Dara's pulse quickened by his words. "Many statements, rumors, and maybe a few truths has caught my attention. Quite frankly, I don't care about those. I am, however, bothered by the little fact that I was not informed of your relationship from you." His statement hung in the air.

"How are you and Jiyong lately?" YG asked calmly.

Dara nervously fiddled with her fingers, "Mianhae, I haven't had the time to visit you and update you like I usually do. Jiyong and I, Well-" Dara animatedly updated YG of Jiyong's and her relationship.

"So you're telling me," YG said after her long update, "Jiyong forgot about you-basically your realtionship-for a good five months during your 7 months relationship because of his hectic schedule. Then, you two somehow met up and talked. That ended up with an almost breakup and now he has a month to win back your trust. Is that why there's a delivery boy with a different set of bouquet of flower coming in and out of YG for the past 10 days?" YG quirked a brow at her.

On that note, the elevator rung and the said delivery boy came in hesitantly. "Uh...A bouquet of flower for Sandara-shi?"  

Dara sighed. She walked to the boy. 

"Ah..Sandara-shi. Flowers for you. Again." Delivery Boy said amused, "I really hope you forgive that poor bloke. His wallet should be crying now. Well. I'll see you tomorrow Sandara-shi." Delivery Boy gave the flowers to Dara. He bowed politely at YG and Dara and left. 

"Yes, that's exactly why there's a delivery boy walking in and out of YG building for the past 10 days." Dara answered him dryly. YG laughed.

"Well? Is it working? Are you swooning over his flowers?" YG teased.

Dara scoffed. "Of course not. He knows flowers are the bare minimum to get me back."

Dara looked at the bouquet in her arms. Today he bought her hyacinths and gladiolis. How did she know? Jiyong has been sending her bouquet of flowers with a note of what each flower meant. Hyacinths, I'm sorry: Gladiolis, I'm sincere. Ahh... Dara thought. She inhaled the unique scent of the flowers and placed them on YG's glass table.

"By the way you're acting, are you even mad at him anymore?" 

Dara has to admit. She has taken care of each bouquet of flowers Jiyong has sent her. She held a nonchalant and indifferent front but inside, her heart flutters at each bouquet he sends. Ever since that night at the rooftop, Jiyong has been sending her texts, flowers, gifts and little notes here and there like what she use to do for him. Its heartwarming to receive them. Even though Dara wanted to make this month difficult for Jiyong, she can clearly see his efforts to get her back. Between the crazy end-of-the-year schedule Big Bang has, Jiyong had sent loads of texts and calls to which she all ignored. Hey, to her defense, Jiyong ignored her calls and texts for four months. However, his texts were so sweet. Whenever he finishes his ungodly hour schedules, he would text her a sweet good night text. And he didn't disappoint her without a morning text either. Somehow, he even got a hold of her schedules and texted her encouraging text messages. Over all, he had been amazing the past 10 days.

"Yah...At this rate. Don't even wait for the end of the month and get back together already." YG blantly said.

Dara snapped out of her thoughts of Jiyong and blushed.

"No Appa, I'm not mad at him anymore but he doesn't need to know that." Dara winked.

"And the month thing isn't what you really think it is..." Dara continued, "In the beginning. It was as you think it was. A chase. To see how he'll win me back. But really, it's a test for him. It's a test for him to see how he can handle the relationship regardless of having a hectic schedule. It's a test for him to see how much he cares about us and how much he cares about me."

YG stared at her knowlingly, "That's why you chose a month long. You wanted to see how he'll react when you're not with him for Christmas and New Years; the most memorable times of the year. That way, he'll either miss you like crazy if he wants this relationship or-"

"-he'll be resting or having fun if he doesn't want the relationship." Dara finished while nodding. She tapped her temple and smirked. "I'm a smart cookie, don't forget that." 

YG chuckled. "Narssistic, just like your boyfriend." 

"You bet!" Dara winked, "Just don't tell him yet. He needs to decide for himself for what he wants." 

YG nodded. "Arraso. He won't hear a peep from me. Ah. By the way. Are you free within the next week or so?"

"Wae? I don't really now." Dara knitted her brows.

"Eunju wants to have a meal with you. She wants to get to know you better." 

Dara gaped at him, "M-me?! Why? Oh!" Dara smacked herself. Of course she knew why. Eunju was dating YG! Why wouldn't she want to met Dara? How stupid can she be? Dara scolded herself.

"Will you be there?" Dara asked him. YG shrugged.

"I'm not sure if I can. She kinda doesn't want me there. She said it was a 'girl talk' thing. Whatever that means." YG muttered the last statement. 

"Uh.... Sure? I mean, I can't really reject her now can I?" Dara played with her fingers. "Text me the info later?" YG nodded.

"Okay, I have to go now. 2ne1 should be done with their vocal lessons now. Annyeong!" Dara bidded him before speeding out of his office. 

YG was, once again, alone in his office. What does he have to do next? 

YG glared at the files on his desk.

"Great. Paperwork." 

 

~

 

 

"Oof!" 

Dara flopped onto her bed after a long day at YG. Her sheets are now puffy and thick, curtesy to the insanely cold weather lately. Dara tugged on her pillow and held it against her body. She cuddled herself into and sighed. 

As usual, her mind was on 2ne1 and Jiyong. But right now, it's Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyong. How is he? What schedule is he at? When was the last time he ate? How many hours did he sleep? Is his voice okay? Aish! Even when she's 'mad' at him, she's still worried about him. Dara pouted.

She is honestly confused as of how she felt towards the Big Bang leader. Yes, she's still 'mad' at him. Yes, she's going to ignore him for a month, thus the meaning of 'chase'. And yes, her feelings for him hasn't wavered since that night. However, what she feels for him started to become overwhelming. Anger. Worry. Frustration. Longing. Giggliness. Excitement. All those emotions wrapped into that tiny body of her's. Ah, the life of a woman, Dara mused.  

Initially, Dara felt nothing but anger and resentment towards Jiyong. During the first few days within the one month time frame, she not only ignored his advances but also refuted back snidely retorts to him. Still, he was not affected by this and continued to send her flowers, calls and textss. Then, the fifth day came...

Flashback

Dara walked into the entrance of her second home, YG Building, to only be grabbed and blindfolded. 

"Y-ya! What's going on?!" Dara panicked. She's not getting kidnapped, right?!

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park-shi.-" That voice "-You are unable to enter YG building until you agree to the following terms and conditions."

"Coach Hwang?" Dara asked puzzled. Just then, she felt arms holding her firmly on each side of her. 

"Wai-wait a minute! What-" Instinctively, Dara began to thrash against her captivity. 

"I repeat." The voice-uh Coach Hwang, paused. "You are unable to enter YG building until you agree to the following terms and conditions.

"And what would these terms and conditions entitle?" spatted Dara.

"On December 8, 2008, Park Sandara is required to fulfill her quotidian activities without any objects to the interferences that may occur. You are unable to scare, threaten, endanger or murder any of these interferences. This is for the safety for you and the involved ones. Do not question who these people are. This agreement will end in 24 hours. If you are unable to fulfill these requirements, a punishment will be ensued. However, the punishment will be dire and unable to be announced at the moment." Coach Hwang finished.

"Do you agree to these terms?" Coach Hwang asked Dara solemnly.

What the hell is going on?! Dara frowned. Not the hurt anyone?

"Why would I hurt anyone?" Dara asked.

"I am unable to clarify any misunderstandings until you agree to these terms." Dara huffed.

"Fine. I, Park Sandara agree to these terms now LET ME GO." Dara screamed. Dara felt the arms loosen their grip on her and the blinfold being takened off. 

She squinted her eyes to adjust to the lightening. In front of her was Kush, Coach Hwang, and Seungho smiling cheekily at her.

Dara growled at the three individuals before her. Did she look like a person that has time in her hands for pranks? "What th-"

"Remember your promise!" Coach Hwang interrupted quickly. Dara crossed her arms and quirked her brow at him.

"And what evidence do you have of me agreeing to your terms?" Seungho held up his cellphone.

"I recorded it. Now let's go. You're a busy person and we don't have time for this." Kush quickly lifted Dara into his arms and the four of them walked to the elevator. 

"Y-yah! What's going on?! Put me down, Kush!" Dara screamed at the three. She felt uncomfortable with not knowing what's happening to her.

"Just go along with the flow, woman. This is the 'interference' crap Coach Hwang was talking about." Kush quipped. The four arrived to her stop, the practice room. Seungho opened the door for Kush to enter the room and carefully placed Dara on a chair. Once Dara found her blance on the chair, she had her mind set to give the three a piece of her mind. However, when she turned to the three, they were no longer in the room. Huh? Dara stared puzzledly at the door.

"Unnie?" Dara didn't notice Minzy, CL, Bom, Minho, and Taegu was in the practice room, witnessing everything that just happened.

"I-I don't know what happened! Do you guys know???" Dara jumped off the chair and rushed to the five.

"Darong, I don't know what you're talking about." Huh?

"Yah! Santokki! You're late for practice! We don't have time to waste. Balli Balli!" Bom chastised.

"But didn-"

"Dara-ah, we really need to get going on the routine." Taegu interruped her while Minho played the dance routine. 

"Ahh, ne. Let's get to work." Maybe something's wrong with her? Dara shook it off. Weird or not, work came first.

Flashback ends

Turns out weird was good that day. Dara found herself being carried to and from her activities by Kush and Seungho throught the day. Her meals were brought to her. Everyone was extremely nice to her. She barely had to lift her pinky. Dara even received a few presents here and there. The treatment was nice but she had no idea why she was given that treatment. She questioned everyone that day but no one gave her a response. They would either ignore her questions or look at her weridly.

Sometime during dinner that day, she received her answer. Jiyong texted her an incredibly sweet text message asking her how she liked her day being pampered by everyone. Everything that day was organized by Jiyong as his belated birthday/sorry present for her. But that's not all, when she arrived home that night, Dara found a few presents on her bed. Surprisingly, his presents weren't all store bought. Half of the presents were hand-made. He somehow made a video with everyone bading her a late happy birthday with a sincere letter of an apology at the end. He bought her the latest iphone with his and her favorite songs in the playlist for her. Jiyong also bought her clothes and childish things she once told him she wanted. The whole day was touching for Dara.

That night, Dara felt conflicted. She was angry for all those lonely moments she shouldn't have felt. She was disappointed by his past actions but his actions that day made up for some of it. That night was the night she decided she was no longer mad at Jiyong. That night, she decided to let him decide the fate of their relationship (of course he doesn't know that yet). 

 

nan neoreul saranghae (I love you Girl!)-

Dara reached for her phone. Only one person had this ringtone whenever he texted her. Jiyong. She open his text message and a smile made it's way. His text messages were sickingly sweet the past ten days and Dara has been thoroughly enjoying them.

From: Mai Baby Boy

Are you home yet? How's your day today? Did the girl's tire you out? Don't work too hard, I'm not there to take care of you if you get sick! And I can't miss any chances of not taking care of you. I still need you back, you know :( 
Ahhh, I hope you're about to sleep soon or asleep! I'm about to start another schedule T.T, I'm on the radio soon but don't listen to it. You need to sleep! I'm texting you my daily good night, babe <3 
Night's Baby Girl! :)
Hope you text me back soon :( or answer my calls :'( 

 

Very adorable Dara giggled. Dara rereads his message once more before turning the lights off. Yes, she does not answer him. Dara didn't find the need to reply to him. It's his punishment. Hehe. Snuggling into her pillow, thoughts of her boyfriend lulled Dara to sleep.

 

~

 

Meanwhile...

Jiyong sighed. His lovely girlfriend didn't reply to him again. She's probably asleep already. Jiyong numbly turned off his phone and tucked it into his pocket. There's no need for an idol to carry a phone during a broadcasted schedule. Vaguely, he can feel Seungri elbowing his side so he turned to the maknae. 

"She'll come around, Hyung. Besides, no one can deny any of my Hyungs!" Seungri patted him on the back. Jiyong broke the news to Big Bang a few days after meeting Dara at the rooftop. Jiyong gave Seungri his a hopeless smile and scratched his head.

"Thanks VI," Jiyong sighed.  

Taeyang nudged him by the arm. "Common, we need to get ready." 

Jiyong nodded but doesn't react. One by one, the boys entered the radio station.

Jiyong sighed once more and entered the station.

 

Twenty-one more days...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm not dead! :D haha. I apologize to all my readers! I have been busy lately! Like that's an excuse you all haven't heard. But really, I'm trying to continue this story and finish it. I really want to finish a story. 

 

For all my counfused readers out there, due to the last chapter, I will tell you what's going on.

1. Jiyong's crazy schedule took so much time and energy that he started to forget that Dara's his girlfriend.

2. Lack of communicating and interaction between the two, Dara notices that something's wrong. 

3. Dara doesn't say anything because his career is more important than a secret relationship.

4. Taeyang wakes Jiyong up about it. 

5. The confrontation.

6. By then, Dara didn't think the relationship would be possible anymore. They couldn't handle the relationship when Big Bang was on tour, which is basically a good chunk of a idol's life. 

7. The chase Dara offers is a test Jiyong, as how i stated in the chapter. 

I hope this clears everything up. 

It hurts the author to have to explain their story to the reader. sigh. :(

Please leave comments below! Comments keeps the author writing :) 

Last note. Sorry for the late update and the long author's note. 

-MiiLkYcOuPllE