My story

Mended

Two months had passed since Luhan came to live with Jinri.They had gotten closer.Sometimes they bicker but it was always about silly things like who should wash the dishes or who should do the laundry.Sometimes he or she would share a funny story about themselves and they would laugh about it together.Sometimes they would comfort each other when he or she is sad.Sometimes they would just be silent and enjoy each other's company.

Kai would sometimes wait for Jinri at the shops she frequently visit.Jinri was scared but Luhan would always be beside her,holding her hand tight.Jinri just wasn't ready to accept Kai or any other guy for the time being.

However,whenever Luhan held her hand or hug her or even just smile at her,her heart would start beating.She could feel herself blush  when Luhan complimented her,her body felt warm and she felt secure in his arms.She didn't know what was happening and what is their relationship actually but she decided to just go with for now.

There was just one time when Luhan really was angry at her.When she asked about his past.

But she felt that she needed to know more about him now.No,not more about him,more like,really know the real Luhan.

"Han?"

"Yes Ri?"

They had gotten so close that they just called each other by their last syllables.

"Who are you?"Jinri asked,braving herself.

"Ri,we talked about this before.Don't venture into my past.I don't want anybody to know my past."Luhan had said this very calmly,but Jinri could sense an edge to his voice.

"I told you mine Han.We were supposed to be honest with each other."Jinri said,not backing down.

"Jinri..Don't.."

"Luhan you have to let me know sooner or later.Tell me.Why are you so afraid to let me know your past?"Jinri asked,sitting beside him on the couch.

"It's not you alright?I had a bad past that's all.Nobody should need to know what I went through."Luhan said,clasping his hands together.

"Tell me."Jinri said,taking his hand and holding it tight.

Luhan looked into her eyes deeply and sighed.He nodded in defeat.

"My father was an alcoholic.He would beat my mum whenever he was drunk for no reason at all.One day,when I was sixteen,,I saw him kicking my mum and beating her up.I couldn't take it anymore and the next thing I knew he was on the floor,dead,my hand gripping a bloody broken shard of a beer bottle."Luhan stopped and looked to Jinri.He was expecting her to immediately push him away or scream or anything,but she just looked at him calmly.

"Aren't you going to continue?"Jinri asked him,still holding his hand.

"I killed my father Jinri."

"And?"

"Aren't you disgusted with me or scared of me at all?"

"Why should I be?You were young back then,you only wanted to protect your mother.You weren't thinking enough and acted irrationally.Killing your father wasn't something you wanted to do intentionally.You are not a murderer Luhan."Jinri said firmly.

Luhan stared at her.He could see the sincerity in her eyes.She really meant it.She believed him.

"I needed to get away.My mum did not blame me but she was forced to sent me away.i wandered about ,my heart filled with guilt,anger,remorse..It was not until I met her that I started to be myself again and forget about the past."Luhan continued."She was very beautiful.She had very fair skin and bright eyes,flowing brown hair and a wonderful smile."

"What's her name?"Jinri asked.

"Yoona."Luhan answered."She was from a rich and prestigious family but she still loved me all the same.She did not blame me for what happened to my father.She embraced me with my flaws.I thought that she really loved me.But I was wrong."

"What happened?"

"She left me.I knew her family was moving so we made an agreement to run away together.i waited for her  but she never came.looked for her.I found out from her friends that she had moved away with her family.A year later I saw on the news that she was getting married to the heir of Kim Company,Kim Junmyeon."

"I'm sorry Luhan."Jinri said pulling him into a hug.

Luhan just sobbed quietly.Jinri his hair and whispered comforting words to him.

Jinri pulled away and lifted his head up.She put both of her hands on his face and wiped away the tears.She looked him in the eye and said

"You need to let go of the past Luhan.You need to move on.She left you.She is not worth you being upset.Let it go.You'll find someone someday Luhan.I am sure of it."Jinri said determinedly.

Luhan smiled and ruffled her hair.

"You are just copying my words Ri."

They both laughed.Their laughter ringing into the air.