Outing

Mended

"Let's go out."Luhan said.

"Go out?"Jinri said,raising her head from Luhan's shoulder and looking at him blankly.

"Yeah.We could both use some fresh air,clear our minds a little.It would be good for you,trust me."Luhan said,brushing her tear-stained cheeks with his thumbs.

"Ok,just give me a second to wash up."Jinri said,raising herself from the couch.

A few minutes later,Jinri returned wearing a loose white long sleeve blouse and dark blue skinny pants.

"You look pretty Jinri."Luhan said looking at her standing in front of him.

"Thanks."Jinri said,blushing a little at his words.

"Come on."Luhan said,taking her hand.


They walked down the street,looking into shop windows displaying clothes,jewellery,bags.

"Don't you want to buy anything?"Luhan asked her after walking for a while.They had passed a lot of shops yet Jinri still hasn't bought a single thing.

"Why do I need to buy stuff when I go out?"Jinri asked him,giving him a puzzled look.

"I thought girls always bought something when they go out.You know clothes,accessories,bags etc.Don't girls usually do that?"Luhan replied.

"I'm not like other girls.I don't have piles of money waiting for me to spend."Jinri said,looking away.

"What do you mean?"Luhan said,noticing the sudden change of air around Jinri.

"My family is poor,Luhan.My dad pass away when I was ten.My mum had to work three jobs to raise me and my brother up.So when I got the chance to come to the city to study I look at it as a chance to make my family's lives better."Jinri said,her voice wavering.

"I'm sorry Jinri.I didn't know."Luhan said.pulling her into a hug.

"It's fine.I'm strong.I can handle the tough life.But I just want to give m mum a better life.She had sacrificed so much for us.I want to pay her back."Jinri said,breaking the hug and wiping a lone tear that had escaped.

Luhan looked at Jinri,a plan forming in his mind.

He led her to a shop at the corner.,his hand never letting go of hers.

"Ajuhma!"Luhan called out.

Jinri saw a woman in her sixties approaching them.Her face lit up when she saw Luhan.

"Luhan!My darling boy!You haven't visited me for two weeks and what happened to you?"Shenasked,her face showing signs of worry as she pointed to his arm."Have you been fighting again?"She asked him sternly.

"It was nothing Ahjuma."Luhan said,giving her a cheeky smile."Oh Ahjuma.I want to introduce you to Jinri.Jinri this is Mrs lee."Luhan said,gently pushing Jinri forward.

"Hello,Mrs Lee.My name is Choi Jinri.Nice to meet you."Jinri said,bowing and giving the old lady in front of her a shy smile.

Mrs Lee or Ahjuma as Luhan called her inspected Jinri closely.Her sharp eyes caught the tiredness and worries on Jinri's face.She could see that Jinri had been through a lot.

"Just call me Ahjuma Jinri."Ahjuma smiled gently at her and took her hand."Come with me."

Ahjuma took Jinri into a small room.It had small tables and shelves.There were tiny antique treasures displayed on them:Little necklaces,bracelets,jewellery boxes,ornaments etc.

Jinri looked around in awe.The room had a nice cosy feeling to it.She felt immediately at ease here.She looked around and something caught her eye.

It was a locket hanging on a thin silver chain.On closer inspection,she saw that the locket had tiny drawings on them.It had tiny words engraved on it.

"Mended."

"Hmm?"Jinri said,turning around to look at Ahjuma.

"The words meant mended.A locket has two halves,when closed,they become one and whole and..mended."Ahjuma said to her,her eyes twinkling."You should put one picture of yourself on one side,your love on the other.That way,when it is closed,you and your love become one."

"Oh,Ahjuma,I don't have a boyfriend."Jinri said quickly.

"You might meet the one for you very soon Jinri.You never know.That person could be right in front of you.You just don't know it yet.But,you will know one day."Ahjuma said,smiling kindly at her.

Ahjuma pressed the tiny chain into Jinri's hands.

"Take this.I want you to have this.Maybe it will help you meet your love faster."Ahjuma said mischiveously.

"Thank you Ahjuma."Jinri said,blushing.


"Ahjuma was nice.I like her."Jinri said to Luhan after they bid goodbye to Ahjuma.

"I knew you would."Luhan said,smiling at her.

"Why did you bring me to meet her?"Jinri asked him,looking at him sideways while walking.

"You looked like you needed someone who could give you better advice than me.So I brought you there.Besides,I haven't seen Ahjuma in a while,it was also an excuse to go visit her."Luhan said,grinning at her.

"Thanks Luhan.I really mean it.You're a good person."Jinri said to him,smiling at him.

"You forgot to say that I am also Handsome,smart,funny,charming.."Luhan said,ticking them off his fingers.

"You are so arrogant Luhan!"Jinri shouted while chasing him.Their laughters ringing in the air.

"Jinri?"

Jinri stopped laughing and frozed.She turned around and there he was.


Author's note:

Hey guys!How are you?:) I updated!

Quick!Comment,subscribe and up vote!

Will try to update again soon!~

Thanks for all of your support guys!**