Jinri

Mended

"Here,put these on."Jinri said,tossing a black sweater and a pair of ripped jeans to Luhan.

He picked them up and looked at them questioningly.

"What?"Jinri asked,seeing the look on his face.

"Whose are these?"

"Nobody's."

Luhan cocked an eyebrow and gave her a look that said 'You can't kid me."

"Look you can either put them on or go around half for your own clothes are not dry yet.But do let me give you a kindly reminder,That is,it gets pretty chilly around here at night."Jinri answered,collecting the empty bowls and used bandages and leaving the room.

"Jinri,Whose clothes are these?An old boyfriend's?"

Jinri paused at the door.She did not turn around but he could see her body stiffened at his question.

"I don't pry into people's lives and I suggest that you do the same."Jinri said in a chilly tone before closing the door behind her.


Luhan sat there,looking at Jinri carrying stacks of books and placing them in a big cardboard box.It wasn't that he didn't want to help,it's the fact that he couldn't for his arm was still in a sling.He had been staying at Jinri's for the past few weeks.Jinri looked after him well,feeding him,changing his bandages and cleaning up the apartment by herself.

"Thanks."Luhan said suddenly.

"What?"

"Thanks for helping me and looking after me.I must have been a nuisance."

"Did you only realise it now?"Jinri said jokingly to him.

"I actually know how to take care of myself.I cook too you know.When I get better let me cook a meal for you.Your taste buds will surely explode."Luhan said,grinning.

"Jinri,can I ask you a question?"

"Hmm?"

"..Did you live her with your boyfriend?"

Jinri stopped what she was doing and straightened up.

"Jinri..You're going to let me know the truth sooner or later."Luhan said.

Jinri sighed and took a deep breath before turning around and facing the male sitting in front of her.

"Yes.."She said quietly.

Luhan did not answer her but just gave her a small smile and motioned for her to continue.

"It was two years ago..I was still in high school at the ripe age of seventeen.I was like any other teenage girl,wanting to have that special first love.There was this guy.."

She paused and her lips before continuing.

"He was a popular guy.He played basketball and was the team captain.He was smart and loved to read unlike the normal jocks we usually know.He loved spending time in the library.That was where we met actually..."

"I was reaching for a book on a tall shelf and I couldn't reach it.I was silently cursing to myself that they didn't make shelves for short people when suddenly a hand reached for the book and picked it from its place.

"What is lost and gone.Intersting.Here."The guy said before placing it in my hands.

"T-Thanks."She stuttered nervously tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Jinri right?"He said,flashing her one of his famous smiles.

Jinri nodded and gave him a shy smile.

"I'm Kai."He said holding out his hand.

"I know.."Jinri said softly before taking his hand.

"I'm sorry?You knew who I am?"

"Who doesn't?The captain of the basketball team and the frequent visitor of the library."Jinri said,smiling at him.

"Ah..I see that you have done your research."Kai said,grinning cheekily at her.

Jinri blushed and looked away.

"wait..How did you know my name?I don't remember being in the same class as you."Jinri said,the thought occurring her suddenly.

It was Kai's turn to blush.

"I did some research too.."Kai said awkwardly scratching his neck.

Jinri giggled.

"We started spending more time together..It wasn't long before he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Jinri?"

"Hmm?"She could hear him draw in a deep breath before continuing.They were laying on the grass in a middle of a field.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"Kai asked nervously.He drew in a deep breath and waited for her answer.

Instead of answering him.Jinri quietly slipped her hand in his.

Kai smiled at her action and knew her answer.

"Thank you Jinri."Kai said ,turning his head to face her.

Jinri turned her head to look at him and smiled.

"I was really happy..We were happy together..But then,happiness weren't meant to last forever..There's no such thing as a happily ever after."

"Kai?"

Jinri called out,pooping her head into the empty classrooms.

Kai had said that he would be waiting for her after school at her locker but when he didin't show up,Jinri decided to look for him.

"Kai?"

Jinri called out again.

Suddenly she heard shushed voices coming from the room beside her.She quietly looked inside.The scene in front of her made her froze.

Kai and another girl were kissing..

Jinri wanted to run away when she accidentally knocked against a table,causing the two people to look in her direction.

Shock could be seen evidently on Kai's face.But Jinri's gaze was fixed on the girl.

Krystal..

No..This couldn't be true..

Krystal..my best friend..was kissing my ..boyfriend...

Krystal seemed shocked to see Jinri but her shock was soon replaced with a triumphant look that said 'He wanted me.NOT you.'

Jinri gave one last look at Kai before turning around and ran away as fast as her legs could carry her.

"Is that why you don't believe in love?"Luhan who had been silent the whole time spoke up.

Jinri did not answer him.

"He was a jerk.You shouldn't lose faith in love just because of him Jinri.."

Jinri kept silent,a tear slowly rolled down her cheek.She brushed it away hastily.

"There's no need to pretend to be strong in front of me Jinri.."Luhan said,softly."Come here."

Luhan beckoned her to sit beside him.He wrapped his left arm around her and placed her head on his shoulder.

"Let it all out Jinri.."

Jinri could not hold it any longer and poured out all the sorrows and pain that she had kept locked away for the past few years.She sobbed.Her whole body was shaking terribly.

Luhan kept his arm around her securely and gently smoothed her hair.

"Shhh.."Luhan said soothingly.

Jinri's strong facade she put up to hide her sorrows tumbled down.


Author's note

Hey babes(and dudes if there are any ;) )I updated.Sorry if it's not good.:( 

Yup.I am sure some of you had already expected Kai in here so yeah he broke poor Jinri's heart. ;(

Luhan and Jinri sweet moment at the end!!! :):)

Comment,subscribe and up vote !

Will try to update soon!

Check out exo's growl and fx's comeback stage at mnet countdown!^^

Till next time~**