CHAPTER V

END OF STRINGS

SULLI’S POV

 

 

 

“kai, please pass the sauce” Kyungsoo said 

 

 

Yes, we’re now here in Yetgol a restaurant in Gangnam, they serve the best Kimchi here, the owner is our friend, that’s why we’re provided with some privacy since we’re together with a celebrity.

 

“how can sulli eat properly?, let her eat alone okay?, she have her own hands” suho oppa said. Oh shet, now they’re all looking at us, we’ve been the center of attraction since we arrive 30 minutes ago. 

 

Do you know what is awkward?

 

Tsss, Kai, instead of eating his own food, here he is, putting different foods on my plate, he even peel some shrimp for me, I’m not mistaken on my impression of him being sweet but, what he is doing really did make me feel awkward, he cant even eat his food anymore.

 

 

“right!, Kai, sulli cant even swallow her food, the way you look at her, it seems that she is the one you want to eat. Hahahah” Onew oppa said while munching his chicken, I don’t know he really loves chicken.

 

And yes you’re right, we’re together.

 

Which means..

 

Yes, Minho oppa was here also, god, it’s really awkward, I thought its better that I’m working for EXO at least I can have some space from SHINee, from him, but still.. aish

 

“tss, I cant, Jinri is sooo cute when eating” kai said bluntly 

 

 

Aish, can please the ground swallow me now?

 

 

“How’s dara, Kai? I haven’t seen her lately, you’re dating right?” Minho oppa suddenly said, is it just me or he really emphasize the word “you’re dating”?

 

Hmmm.

 

Kai’s expression suddenly changed, some EXO member suddenly become silent, ohhh I wonder why?

 

Kai smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes. “we were” Ohhh. “I guess she’s happy now.. with someone else.”

 

Oh.. I can sense the bitterness in his voice. I suddenly felt sad for him, even I don’t knew the story of their break up. >__<

 

We all become silent.

 

“well, that’s life!” Kai smiled at us, A genuine smile “maybe we’re just not meant for each other”

 

“you can do it hyung” sehun by patting his back and faking a cry. And with that we all laugh. Hahahaha

 

“shut up! Sehun!” kai snapped at him then started laughing also.

 

“don’t worry guys, its been 4 months now, I think I’m ready to fall in love again.” He said while looking at me.

 

Gulp.

 

I hurriedly take my glass of water and drank it. Now they’re starting to tease us again, aish damn you kai! 

 

“I guess no one will be against, right Jinri?” kai asked me.

 

*cough*

 

*cough

 

*cough*

 

*cough*

 

Shocks! 

 

Kai patted my back while I drink my water again.

 

After I finished drinking “why? Are you dating someone Jinri?” he asked.

They all waited for my answer, well again except Minho oppa, who is busy playing with his food. 

 

Why does my relationship status suddenly becomes the topic here?

 

“well, I ..uhmm –“ 

 

“dating? Hahaha she doesn’t even want someone wooing her” Luna suddenly said, 

 

Now they were more even curious, thanks unnie. >_<

 

“huh? Why is it sul?” asked by Key oppa. Even him becomes curious, damn

 

“ah. It because, well –“

 

“Manager hyung, send a message, he said we should go back to SM now, for rehearsal” suddenly Minho oppa said it, oh nice. “I guess even you guys need to go back also, we’ll be having a briefing I guess” he said to suho oppa, who is about to open his phone also.

 

“there’s really a text, lets go?” suho oppa said, then he stood up to pay the bill. Let’s talk about richness. Tsss

 

Everyone stood up too. Wew. That was close.

 

“you’re coming with us jinri?” Kai asked while we’re walking towards the parking area. 

“err, nope, I’ll be fixing you’re clothes for the concert” I winked at him, and he then drape his arms around my shoulder.

“tomorrow, is our last rehearsal, you better watch it” he said smiling at me brightly.

“S-sure”

“want me to send you home” he asked.

“H-huh? Ahhh---“

“Manager hyung said, let’s hurry up, they were all waiting for us already” Minho oppa said, as he walk past us.

What does his problem is? Tskkk

PMS-ing?

 

“aww, too bad, what time are you going home?” Kai asked

“Depends, maybe 7 or 8? Why?”

“wait for me, I’ll send you home, annyeong”

I was about to say “no need”, when

 

*tsup*

 

O____O

I touched the cheek that was kissed by Kai. 

 

It’s the second time already. X___X

 

He run towards his car, the other members went on the van, and they all waved and smiled at us playfully. Aish, they saw it again. 

 

Can the ground swallow me now please? This is soooo embarrassing >__<

 

I suddenly look at the parking space where the Van of SHINee is parked, and I saw Minho oppa looking at us also, as always, his expression is unreadable, our eyes met, then he turned around to ride in their van.

 

I sighed deeply. Why do I have a complicated life?

 

 

 

It was about 6:45 In the evening when I decided to go home, when I was on the parking area I was shocked to see Kai, 

 

Omo!, I forgot He said he will fetch me. Tsk. He smiled when he saw me, aish he have the sweetest smile.

 

“why didn’t you went inside?” I asked him. “I guess you’re doing something, and you said, you’re going home 7 or 8 pm? I Planned to go inside around 7pm, but you went out already, I guess you’re planning on ditching me: he said then laughed.

 

“guilty as charged, sorry its slipped in my mind hehe” 

 

“it’s fine, so let’s go? He asked.

 

“err, wait, I have my car with me, and I cant left it here” I said pointing my car, beside his car.

 

“ahh, It’s okay, I’ll just follow you” he said, “oh, no need of that, I’m sure you’re tired, why don’t you go back? I can actually manage” I said to him “no, I told you earlier I will send you home, and I am a one word man, let’s go?”

 

Okay, can I do anything about it? I guess no, so I have no choice but to say yes.

 

On my condo, 

 

“did you eat dinner yet?” Kai asked, while he roamed his eyes around my condo, luckily Ajumma cleaned it earlier. “no not yet: I replied, he was now on the laundry area of my unit, “I’ll order food, you want to eat with me?” I asked him, though I was hoping he will say no.

 

“no, need, the truth is, we still have practice, I just asked permission, to go out for a while” he said, while scratching his nape. He was still on my laundry are, I wonder what he is doing there. I went to him “hey, its pretty..” he said, while holding my big white shirt which has a big JINRI printed on the back, while on the front the design was abstract of colors. I was the one who designed it. Its one of my hobby. 

 

“ahh, It was hand made by me” I said to him, not that I’m bragging, hahaha

“is it okay II would take this?”

“what? Uhmm, I can make you a new—“

“no, I like this more..”

“tss, but I can make you a new one, its kind of old already"

“please?” waaa, here comes the aegyo.

“okay, fine” I have no choice again

“yes! Thank you, I’ll wear this tomorrow” he said smiling brightly at me

“what? –No”

 

My word was cut off when his phone suddenly ring

 

“yes, okay, I’m on my way, bye” he said then hang up

 

“I gotta go” he said “sure” I replied then I send him out, “it looks like you were safe here in your unit, just make sure that your doors is all lock, afterall you’re alone here” he said of course I’ll be safe, it’s a ing condominium kai. But still I’m touched, I guess thats the reason why he is roaming around my unit, to check. While Minho oppa? I guess he just know my living room and my bed room. Tsss +___+

 

“I can take care of myself” I said to him smiling

 

“thanks for this” he said while waving the shirt to me “thank you too kai” “welcome, annyeong” he said, then he wear his sunglass and cap, tss it will be hard if someone seen him here. 

 

I cant help but to feel sad, I cant deny that Kai is really sweet, come on! I’ll be lying if I said he was not, Kai was every girl’s dream boy. Gentleman. Sweet. Kind. Handsome and Talented. 

But he’s still not the one my heart wants.

 

I’m too naïve to fall in love with him.

 

 

Stylist can never be late, that’s why even we are not needed her in the final rehearsal for tomorrows concert, Luna and I are still here for SHINee and EXO, it wasn’t a rule but we’re used of doing this.

I’m wearing a simple black blouse and a denim shorts and a flat shoes, my hair as usual, is up in a bun, we are both sitting on the middle part bleachers of the auditorium, the place looks really big, without the audience, we are just watching the crew who were all busy arranging the stage.

 

I glanced at Luna, she’s lazily sipping her coffee. She actually looks sleepy.

 

“wow!, you guys were so early” luna and I looked at the stage, it was Onew oppa who shouted, so SHINee have arrived. 

 

They wave to us, we smiled at them then since they were the one who arrive first they started the briefing. I look at Minho oppa, I guess he felt that I was looking at him, he suddenly look at my direction, I want to withdrew because I was shy but his lips twitched a little. I think he’s suppressing a smile, he nodded at me. 

 

Wow, he’s in good mood. Hahaha I smile at that. Its really rare, most of the time, he ignores my presence. What happened to him? Tsss, never mind what is important is, he smiled at me. ^__^

 

There are staffs that went to them, I don’t know maybe the floor director? Or whatsoever, I guess they’re briefing them also, 

 

Suddenly EXO entered the stage. They are all beaming at us, wow. They are all in good mood, they were together with the M members. 

 

“why are you late?” Taemin asked them but don’t get him wrong he was just playing. “tsss, blame kai” Kyungsoo said “sorry, I overslept” kai shouted at them, he just entered the stage

 

Kai waved at me, and he mouthed something but I cant understand him, we were quite far from them, “what he is talking about?” Luna asked “ I actually don’t understand too, it something, like ‘it fits’? I don’t know.”

 

WHAT?

 

“position boys” shouted by the staff\”let’s transferred on the front” luna said then we transferred on the front.

 

“kai, take off your jacket , so you can dance well” Mr. Park instructed. “ne” kai said, then he srated taking off his jacket, OMG, I flushed. He’s wearing my shirt! He was serious when he said that? Tsssk

 

“wow, your shirt is cool, kai!” Taemin noticed and went to kai, 

 

 

Kai was smiling widely

 

“but when did JINRI becomes a part of your name KIM JONGIN?” Taemin asked while looking at Kai’s back

 

And that moment, the attention of everyone is on them

 

Double !I shift uncomfortably in my sit

 

I suddenly want to run, Luna look at me, she raised a brow and smiled meaningfully. I can feel my cheeks is burning. 

 

Ground, swallow me now! T__T

 

“this is jinri’s” Kai said simply.

 

“Jinri’s?” they all said together, except for Minho oppa whose lip formed a hard line. I don’t want to assume but is he mad?

 

And did they forgot that Kai is calling me by my real name, that until I don’t even know how the hell he knew about it.

 

Kai pointed me, and they all looked at me. I shyly waved at them, and smile then I scratched the back of my head. “why does, Kai have it? Sulli-yaa we knew each other first right?” taemin said, and pout like a child. Tsk. 

 

Before I can answered him, kai started speaking “no, taem, the truth is, I just pulled it out from the laundry of Jinri last night, and she doesn’t have a choice but to give it to me, right jinri?”

 

I look at Minho oppa, and this time, his good mood earlier totally evaporated. 

 

Tss, he might be thinking of something. >_<

 

“what you went to Jinri’s unit last night? You guys is still in practice right?” taemin asked I know they’re curious.

 

Argh! Why don’t you guys let it go?

 

“aaaah, so that’s the reason why you, left last night. Hmm” it’s baekhyun, and by the tone of his voice, I know he’s teasing us.

 

“I went back right away, right? I just send Jinri home” He winked at me. “hahaha congrats bro, you finally moved on!” chanyeol went to him, and patted his back. The others hit him playfully.

 

“are we not starting yet? We all look at Minho oppa who seem to be in a bad mood. “they all positioned thereselves, I guess they felt that he is in a bad mood, I managed to glance at oppa, and he’s looking at me. I can see fire in his eyes, I’m in serious trouble. And I know it. 

 

After the practice, they were busy chatting with each other, I caught minho oppa looking at me again, I suddenly felt goosebumps, why am I afraid of him? I cant think of any reason, for him to be angry with me. 

 

I then decided to ask permission to Luna that I’ll go home first.

 

“oh, why? We’re going to eat dinner together right?”

 

“I cant take it..” the way minho oppa looked at me..

"You cant take the what?" She asked me again

“actually, I’m quite sleepy already” I faked a yawn, “I want to sleep”

“how about Kai?” she asked, what’s with kai anyway?

“can you please take care of it, for me? Since they were not doing anything after this, I’ll just see you tomorrow, okay?

“are you sure you’re going home?” she asked again “of course, do I have another place to go” I replied “well, its nothing, I’m just thinking, maybe you’re going on a date” she said “date? Crazy, with whom?” 

 

“with me!”

 

We both look at where the voice is coming, “Kai, hehe.. you’re here guys?” yes, the 17 of them are in front of me, we didn’t noticed that they went near us, 

“yes, so? Let’s go? Let’s have a date” kai said brightly at me, 

 

Dang!

 

I looked at Minho oppa, and I saw his jaw tightened. 

. What is his problem?

If he’ll continue being like this, I will really think he’s jealous. >__<

“ahh, actually, the truth is, I really want to go home first” I said to them, 

“what? You’re not going with us?” Onew oppa asked. “no, I think I cant, I’m really sleepy right now.” *yaaawn*

 

But, I think they’re not buying my acting. (

 

“I’ll send you at least” kai said.

 

“no, no need, I’m fine, okay, I gotta go guys” I saod, then I hurriedly went to the parking lot, I didn’t waited for their answer, I don’t know why, but all I want to do is went out of that place, I feel afraid to face minho oppa, I feel guilty. 

 

But why?I’m not doing something wrong right?

 

I was on my car already, I’m about to start the engine, when suddenly there was someone entered the passenger door,

 

Jeez

 

I was shocked, when I saw the last person I want to be with right now.

How did he manage to go here? I peeked outside and watched if the other guys are there, but none, they’re not here.

 

“oppa, what are you doing here?”

 

He was just looking in the front with a straight face

 

“drive”

 

“how did you manage to get out of there? You’re eating with—“

 

He was glaring at me, “I said drive” I stared at him. “NOW!”

 

because of that I hurriedly starts the engine and drive away from the venue.

 

what have I gotten myself into? And where are we going?