CHAPTER XV

END OF STRINGS

Sulli’s POV

“Have dinner with us Jinri!” Kai told me, as I fixed our stuffs in the dressing room, today’s really tiring, yet it’s very successful, a lot of fans came to support thenm.

I went to check my phone, checking if there’s a message from oppa, but he hasn’t sent me one, I wonder how did his talk with s went. 

“Okay” I replied to kai, anyway I don’t have something to do after this, so I’ll just spend some time with them, Kai smiled widely at me, ahh he’s such a happy kid.

“so?.. uhmm who was the pne who were sending you flowers? He suddenly asked. Shoot. Why does he need to ask me that?

“A—A friend from college” I lied, well no way in hell I’m telling him who it is. I heard him laugh, weird.

“That’s a relief! Whoah. I thought it’s from your boyfriend or something, wait it’s just a friend right?”

“You thought it was from my boyfriend?” I question him back, ahh kai, if only you know how much I want him to be.

He suddenly stood up from the couch, and walk towards me, he looks serious now.

Now I wonder where the other EXO members are.

“Yes, I thought It was your boyfriend” he pouted.

 “I don’t have boyfriend kai” I saw him smile widely at me, “but do you have someone you like?” he continued to ask, god. What is this? a One on one interview? I wonder who the celebrity among us is, I mentally laugh.

“Do I really need to answer that kai?” he then nod, he was serious this time. What should I answer him then? “Well, I.. well Yes, I have someone I like” his face went down.

There’s no need to lie. It’s not like I’m telling him who is he.

“Do I know him?” he continued to ask. Ahhh this is not good. \

“I think I know him” I felt my body stiffen, he know? How come?

He then moved closer to me, “I know him, Jinri. I can see it through your eyes every time you look at him” “but, I’m gonna make you fall in love with me” he give me a smile and just that he went out of the room, leaving me speechless.

Make me fall in love with him? What the hell does he mean with that? Urgh jinri you stupid!

 

 

 

“Come on Jinri, I’m gonna send you home” Kai said as we went out of the restaurant we had our dinner. “I can manage Kai, I know you’re tired, you should have some rest” I smiled at him, I’m still waiting for minho oppa to contact me though, I suddenly miss him, well anyways I always miss him.

“I told you I wanna make you fall in love with me, so I’m gonna make sure that the girl I like will went home safely” wow. He had just said that? I look at him in disbelief, he’s not even stuttering, instead he just gave me his killer smile.

“Aigoo, this kid, stop messing with me kai” I said, there’s no way he likes me, “tss.. what are you? 30 years old? God, jinri, we’re just the same age” whoah. Really? I thought I’m older than him.

“I’m serious Jinri, I’m gonna make you fall in love with me, but before that I’m sending you home” okay, do I have any choice? “wait, I’ll say goodbye to them” I said looking at the other members. “yes!” he bumped his fist in the air, like he won something.

 

 

“So?.. who did you mean by ‘him’”  okay I don’t think I can went home without knowing what kai knows. We were now on our way to my condo, I can feel my heart started to race again, thinking of how did he know, and how will I deny it.

“tss, I’m also a man jinri, I can feel it. And of course. I’ve been into your unit, with him hiding inside” I gasped. What the hell? How did?

“You saw him? How did you know it’s him?” I tried to hide the panicked in my voice.

“The car?” . The car. How can he be careless? Oh god.

“Well, I actually wonder, why Minho hyung’s car was in your condominium’s parking lot. I thought he knew someone living here, I know he’s not dating or something, and visiting you was the very last option since, you two didn’t even talk with each other”

“but I’m a very observant jinri”

“­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Actually I’m surprised. Heck I’m very surprised! That’s when I thought you two were secretly dating”

“No we’re not” was all I managed to answer, I’m speechless. All this time, I thought it’s just the two of us knows this but..

“So? What do you called your relationship then?” he asked

“I don’t know kai, I don’t know”

“Do you love him?” I turn my head to look at him, now that I notice we were already in the parking lot, he was looking at me but he’s looking straight on the windshield.

“Do I really need to answer your question?” he nod.

I took a deep breath, there’s no reason to hide, anyway he already knows.

“Yes”

“very much”

I heard him chuckled lightly

“Guess I’m too late, but I don’t give up easily Jinri” this time he was looking at me.

“Come on, little girl, you also need to rest, remember you can trust me jinri, I will not tell a soul”

“Thanks kai, really thank you!” I feel like, the heavy burden was lifted up again, I think I can sleep without worrying.

“No worries, if you’re happy, then I’m happy”

“Just tell me if he hurts you, I’m gonna punch him for you, even he’s a hyung and a sunbae” he chuckled a little before he went out of the car and open the door on my side.

 

 

 

 

_______________

As Kai, started to leave, I suddenly felt weird, I don’t actually know why, but there’s just something I don’t know, I took a deep breath before inserting my key card, wow! It feels like there’s something that could be really scary inside my unit.

I slowly turn the knob. The whole unit was dark since I haven’t the lights. I sighed in relief.

“Aigoo sulli, you’re living in a condominium where the security is very tight”

Just when I thought about that, my eyes caught something.

There he is, the man of my dreams, standing in front of me, smiling widely, while he’s holding a stem of rose.


“Hi babe” he said.

 

God. I don’t know why but I feel like I was glued on the floor, what is happening right now? I tilted my head just to see another surprise, the dining table was set, like a candlelight dinner.

“Speechless huh?” he said again, he’s wearing a white long sleeve polo that was folded back on his elbow, and a jeans. Simple yet very handsome.

“A—ah, well.. what is this all about?” I asked him stuttering a little, I don’t have any idea what is happening right now. He then slowly walk towards me, oh god. I can feel my heart beats abnormally, hopefully I can’t develop arrhythmia after this.

“Well.. I want to have a dinner with you” ohhh dinner. He wants to have a dinner with me!

“but before that….” He said, closing the distance between us, “I miss you babe” and with that he kissed me, a slow yet a passionate kiss, will I ever get tired of kissing him?

No, of course.

 

We were breathless after our lips parted, he give me a one last peck. Before her escorted me towards the table, did he prepare this?

“sit now, babe.. I’m starving” he said, pulling out the chair for me. Such a gentleman.

 

 

I’m not really comfortable, it’s like there is a bomb that is about to explode, though on the pit of my heart there is happiness. Day by day minho oppa is making me feel more special, like I am someone that is precious.

“How’s the event?” he casually ask before sipping from his wine, “urgh, it’s fine, everyone had fun” I reply as I took a sip from my own wine too. ”ahh, that’s good, anyways it’s EXO so, its gonna be really fine” he gave me a small smile, he then continue eating his food. Okay, I’m so done, the anxiety is killing me, I really don’t know what’s up with minho oppa.

“Oppa, well, if you don’t mind, urghh.. what’s this all about?” I ask roaming my ayes around the dining area.

“I told you, I want to have a dinner with you, is there something wrong with that?” I raised a brow at him, I’m not convinced.

“Oppa, it’s not really like you, I mean, well.. you never done this.. heck we never had a formal dinner together” he chuckled a little, seriously? I can’t really read what’s on his mind.

“I know..” he said before he stood up. Okay what’s next?

He then slowly went to my side and stood beside me, I look up to him, to see his face, what he did puzzles me more. Damn Choi Minho.

“Did you remember what I had promised you?” he suddenly asked, promise?

 

 

Flashback

 

“You are important to me sull, please don’t leave me.. I cant.. I cant take it”

“Can you give me a chance sull? Give me a chance to return your love? I don’t want to lose you. I know I’m not capable of loving at the moment, but I’ll try.. I will really try.”

“Looked baby, I will not promise not to hurt you again, but I’m asking for a chance, I really want you to be my side, while I’m figuring out what I really feel. I know this is unfair to you, but please, trust me baby”

 

“If, everything is fine, if I able to fix everything”

“Would you let me Love you?”

“I know, I told you I’m not capable of loving. And I told you I’ll try. But ssul, you are very important to me. I don’t want to lose you. And if I am ready, I’m ready to give my heart again, I want to give it to you. I want to love you, I want to love you back, so please? Don’t get tired of loving me”

End of flashback

 

 

Of course I remember it, everything.. how can I forget it if it’s the only thing that I am holding on to. His promise.

 

“What about the promise?” I can hardly hear my own question, is he gonna take back his promise? Is he leaving me? That’s why he prepared this dinner to say goodbye? Oh no.. I don’t think I can take it. Not now.

 

I played with my fingers as I wait for his reply. Damn.

 

“Do you know, how much I cherish you?”
“Do you know, how beautiful you are in my eyes?”

“Do you know how Important you are to me?”

“Do you know how much I wanted you?”

 

“I’m ready baby.. is your heart still up for me?”

 

Did I hear him right?

 

What does he mean by ready? Ready for what?

 

“Ready for what?” I shifted my gaze towards my fingers, I really can’t look at him right now.

 

“Do you know how much I love you sulli?” I instantly feel my eyes shifted back to his face.

HE LOVES ME? THE MAN OF MY DREAMS? THAT MAN I LOVE SO MUCH, LOVES ME ALSO?

I was about to say something, but there’s no voice coming out from my mouth, but instead tears started to fall from my eyes.

Overwhelm. happy. I feel a lot of emotion right now.

How many times did I exactly dreamed this? him telling me he loves me?

 

He bent down on his knees, so that our eyes were level,  “I love you so much ssul, I really do” I keep on sobbing. “I’m sorry If I had hurt you, I’m sorry.. but baby, I love you so much, I’m sorry for being coward” I enveloped my arms around his neck, and continued to cry, he immediately hug me back “I.. I.. I love you so much oppa, I love you.. do you know how happy I am right now?” he draws circle on my back soothing me. “I am more happy, happy that finally I can show you what I feel, I am more than ready now ssul”

He let go of me, “stop crying now baby. Please?” he wiped my tears with his thumb “I don’t want to see you crying, okay?” I nod as I try to stop crying, hell! This is tears of joy.

“now..” he then stood up and went on my back. The next thing I know is, he’s placing a necklace on my neck, it was silver with a heart pendant, it was simple yet it looks elegant.

 

 

 

“Can you be my girlfriend?” waah I think I’m gonna cry again. I feel like everything was just a dream.

 

“of course, oppa, I want to be your girlfriend!”