CHAPTER III

END OF STRINGS

CHAPTER III

SULLI'S POV

 

July 15 of present year

 

“annyeong! Miss sulli!” I smile at suzy, “are you alright?” she asked, I guess she’s wondering why I’m walking very slow.

 

Jeez! I can’t tell them that I’m sore. Oppa really did hurt me last night, It hurts down there and I cant move properly. >___<

 

“yeah, it’s just my boots are kind of fit to me, that’s why I walk slowly.hehe”

 

She look at my boots and frown. “I see, you must change that, or else you’re going to injure your feet. Anyway, I gotta run. See you around!”

 

“bye!” I beamed at her. She’s a full time creative director here in SM entertainment. An entertainment company that caters kpop groups, and SHINee is one of them, and mind you they have the most talented and best groups. SHINee is now 8 years in the entertainment, but still they are very well known all over the world. Well, I’m not actually working here but the staffs knew me, because some of their Idols have been my client.

 

 

 

I reached the elevator and when its about to close, there was someone who hurriedly entered

 

and oh! How lucky I am.

 

“Ann—Annyeong” I stammered when I greeted Minho oppa.

 

 

He just nodded at me. Tsss conceited.

 

 

Now, its really awkward >__< and why on earth, why there’s no one using the elevator this early morning, and to think I’m going on the 9th floor, and I’m sure he is going there also because they will be having a practice in the studio that I’m going.

 

I moved closer on the right side of the elevator, while Minho oppa was just standing there coolly, while there is earphones stuck in his ears.

We look like stupid right?


we share hot scenes last night and it’s we don’t even know each other when we’re outside.

 

Don’t get me wrong, Minho oppa was really the most aloof member of SHINee, he’s cold and serious most of the time, but I can see that he is really close with , since sometimes I can see he was playing with them also, but other than that, he’s most serious. When people ask him, he would just nod, but mind you when he’s on stage, I can see the other side of him, he’s really different.

 

I’m actually close to their group, remember Luna is my bestfriend, and she is their official stylist, and I’m always with her, its just Minho who is very hard to get along.

 

*tiiiiing!*

 

I was bit shocked when oppa open the elevator for me, and he let me, go out first. gentleman eh?

 

And as much as I want to walk faster, I know that I cant. And you know why. I'm still sore. He walk past me. Just that. What do I expect?. We’re strangers remeber?

 

I slowly peeked on the dressing room adjacent to the studio, and I saw Luna, who is busy choosing clothes for the Music video of their comeback which will be shoot tomorrow, I didn’t saw the boys inside, and I wonder where did oppa go, well enough of that.

 

“surprise!!” I shouted and I saw Luna startled when I shouted, she slowly face me. “Sulli-yaah! You scared me!” she shouted. And I laugh to that.

 

I then went inside the room “Happy Birthday Unnie!, hahaha you’re really old now!”

 

“aww, please let’s not talk about my age!” she said smiling. Tssss, as if she’s really old, she’s  just 24, but when you look at her, she’s just like 20 years old.

 

“oh well, this is for you!” I said then handed her a small pink box “it’s chocolates, I actually want to go out with you and pamper ourselves, but I know you’re busy with you’re boys” I said to her, while she is opening the box. “wow! Thank you sulli!, I love it. Thank you” she said, aww luna is really easy to please, those chocolates are her favorite that’s why she really loves it.

 

I sit comfortably on the couch, aww luckily, my soreness went down a little. “well, you know unnie you have to keep it, because when Tae—“ I was about to say taemin’s name when the four of them enter the room. “Noona what is that?” he asked, Minho wasn’t with them I wonder where did he go.
 

Luna hurriedly shove the box on her bag, “noona! I’m asking you what is that?” taemin asked her again while pouting like a little child. And no he is not a child anymore, I’m the same age with him, he’s 23 so I am, Minho oppa is 25 so with Key, while jjong oppa is 26 and onew oppa is 27.

“its just chocolates, taem, and you know very well that you cant eat chocolates, remember you still have filming tomorrow” Luna said to him. And taemin just sit on the couch beside me. “Sulli! You’re here?” he asked me, tss No taem, I’m just a ghost here. “how are you? Long time no see”  he added. I smiled at him,  “aigoo taeminnie, of course you just saw each other now, remember we just came back from japan.” Key oppa said to him. As he sit beside me. And took the remote control of the TV and switch it on.

“how’s the tour anyway?” I asked them, I know I asked Minho oppa about this, but you know it’s different, so I’m asking again.

“it’s really good, the tickets were sold out! Hahaha you know they really wanna see my handsome face!” Key oppa said, laughing, okay let’s talk about narcissism and his diva-ness.

I look at the 4 of them, I saw Jjong, oppa pulled out a blue box from a paper bag, I know it. They’re going to surprise luna, this is what I love with this group, they really affectionate towards the people around them, despite of their popularity they remained humble, they’re really close with the people they worked with,

“Happy birthday Noona!” they all said, and I saw luna was quite surprised, tsss as if they didn’t do this every year. Then they started to sing happy birthday to her, luna is smiling brightly. After they sing, someone opened the door.

 

 

And the love of my life went inside.

Enough of it sulli.

 

“Hey! Minho-goon! Where have you been? And why did you go back here without asking permission and leaving us all in japan?” Onew oppa asked him. “tss, I did something important, hyung” He said then look he look at Luna.

 

 

“Noona! You have your gift already? Happy birthday!” he greeted her brightly. Oh, how I wish he was like that to me also. Keep on dreaming sulli!

 

“aish don’t tell me, you went here earlier to see yuri before they go to paris for their concert” Key oppa , yeah because as far as I know he is not in relationship, well at least that is what he told the media, but you know the Minho-Yuri couple is quite well known, and to be honest it hurts me big time, I don’t need to enumerate the scenarios and the events I saw them being sweet with each other, I don’t even have the courage to ask him about them, besides, I’m not in the positioned to ask.  

 

I look at him, waiting for his answer “of course no, I went home because mom, asked me to” he answered.

“don’t try to hide something to us minho-goon” jjong oppa said as he eyed minho suspiciously, I gulped at that.  But after that the four of them laugh. Tsss childish.

 

“okay! enough of this, let’s get back to work, now I’ve prepared your clothes boys, now tried it, so that we can fix if there is something wrong” Luna said, pointing the clothes hanging on the rack.  They all went to take it then they started to go inside the cubicle to fit the clothes, Luna then sits beside me.

 

 

“sulli…” luna started saying.

“hmm?”

“why do I feel, that you’re hiding something from me?” she asked seriously. I feel my body stiffened. How come?

“huh? What do you mean?” I asked her, trying to hide my nervousness

“nothing.. its just that, I really felt something is up, but I don’t know what is it” she said, looking at the doors of the cubicle, waiting for the boys to go out.

Think sulli, think.

I was about to answer her, when the boys went out of the cubicle, wearing their outfits. As everyone knows, SHINee is known for their unique outfits, they went to the Shiny clothes era, to the flowery era, and more. No they’re wearing black and white outfits. They really look very handsome with it.

 

“what do you think?” Luna asked me, while looking at the five members. “don’t ask me, you know you’re good at it” I said. “but your opinion matters to me a lot” she said, still looking at them.

What can I do? She’s my bestfriend and I love her.

I examined their attires, they all look divine but, “Why don’t you ask Minho oppa, if he’d be comfortable with his suit?” I’m speaking professionally here, no stain of being bias.

She look at Minho “do you think he’s uncomfortable with it?”

“I said, ask him, he will be the only one who can answer it” I silently sit on the couch again, while Luna went to minho to ask him, I cant hear them. But I saw him, doing an “ok” sign to Luna.

Really?
well, let’s see.

That’s what he said, right?

But I’m never mistaken with my judges when it comes to clothes, this will be the first, if it true.

Luna went back and sit beside me. “he said it’s okay”

“oh, okay” I answered her, smiling.

 

 

They started to practice with their clothes on, their shooting for a song that is kind of dramatic, this is the new style of shine, it’s the first time for them to make a music video, that is dramatic, far from their genre. But still they have to dance, dancing is anchored with SHINee.  They all look comfortable with their clothes, well except someone.

“uh-oh” luna whispered, so, she noticed?

“told ya” I answered, the choreographer said “stop”

They all stop dancing, “minho, you look awkward with you clothes, Luna-shi, I think his attire affects his dancing, can you change it?”

Luna hurriedly stood up and answered “ne, songsaeng-nim”

“let’s have a break first” the choreographer said.

Luna went to minho oppa. They all went back to the dressing room, and luna mouthed that I’ll go with them.

Went I entered the room, luna is panicking, while the five is just watching her, ahhh luna as usual is putting herself under pressure.

“crap, crap” she said, while finding clothes in the wardrobe.

“noona, relax!” taemin said.

“I should have listen to sulli earlier, I’m not prepared with the back up attire” she said as she continue finding for a clothes.

“you mean, sulli noticed it earlier? Waaa as expected from the expert” Key oppa said.

“here is sulli” jjong oppa said, when he saw me at the door of the dressing room.

“sulli-yaaah, help me please, what clothes will I let minho wear?” Luna asked me, and they all looked at me, waiting for my answer.

 

, I’m shy.

It would be fine it will be the other members, but its Minho. And remember he doesn’t want any affection from me. >__<
 

“I-I don’t kn—“ I wasn’t able to finish what I was about to say because the assistant of the choreographer entered “Luna-shhi, Mr. Park said, hurry up, he said he’ll have a practice with EXO downstairs” then he left.

 

Luna looked helpless. What can I do anymore? I silently walked towards my bestfriend, and I’m aware all eyes were on me.

I scanned it, without touching. “his clothes is quite heavy, and to think that he’s dancing, you should dress him with something light, so that he can easily move”

I said, luna finally found a clothes for minho oppa, luckily the practice went smooth. I’m pleased that minho oppa, appreciate his attire, professionally speaking he’s perfect in it. As usual.

 

 

After the practice we went to a private restaurant.

 

Usually the costumers here are idols to provide them privacy.

 

The 7 of us, sit on a table, the waiter went to us to take our orders.

 

“excuse me maam, I’m looking for Choi Sulli” another waiter asked.

“why?” Luna asked him. “they said they are clients” the waiter said. “client?, I thought you’re on leave sul?” Luna asked me, “yes, I am. Wait I’ll just go there” I said, “where are they?” I asked the waiter, and he pointed the table that is few tables away from us. They just nod at me, and I went towards the table.

 

 

“excuse me?” I said, I was shocked to saw, who were the one is calling me.

 

 

“tsss, it’s just you guys?” I said. “hahaha, why? We’re your clients too right?” Chanyeol said. Yes, you’re right, it’s EXO but just the K. wait, I thought Mr. Park is having practice with them? “hey, Mr. park told us, he is going to practice with you” I said. I sit beside Kai, “crap, I told you” suho oppa said. “don’t worry hyung, the M are there” Kai said.

“I miss you ssul, I haven’t seen you for a while” he said pinching my cheeks. Okay I’m close with these group also, they are one of the K groups cater by SM entertainment, and I worked for them many times already, they’re really easy to work with, and very humble like SHINee too. “so, what is it this time?” I asked them, they look at me and smile “well, you know our stylist is getting married, and will be having a leave for 3 months,” kai said, “well, we talked and decided, that if you want.. well, We want you to replaced her for the mean time if its fine with you?” suho oppa continued. Really? Wow! I’m more than willing. “of course” I answered brightly.

“YEAH!” they all beamed “see, I told you sulli, will never fail us” Kai said, high fiving Kyungsoo. “thanks sull, let’s start working with each other tomorrow. Okay?” suho oppa said again, I smiled. “but, we gotta go now, we don’t want Mr. park to be angry with us” he said, then they all stood, as well me, they walked back with me, to the table of luna. Mind you Kai is draping his arms around my shoulder.

“sunbae!” they all greeted SHINee,  “waah!, its just you guys” taemin said.

 

“we gotta go” they all said and they bid farewell, “ssul, see you tomorrow, okay?” Kai said, now pinching my nose. Ahhhh he really tooks me as a little girl.  I nod, and sat beside luna.

 

“what was that?” she asked. “the what?” I asked innocently. “the pinching of the nose, the draping of the arms. See? This is what I’m talking about of something you’re not telling me” luna said and started pouting. “I don’t know what are you talking about unnie, but anyways, I have new work” I said, now that I notice, the food is here, and the four boys is looking at the both of us, “what?” I asked them. “nothing, we’re just wondering about you and Kai also, you’ve been really close to them, to him” Onew oppa said, looking at me playfully. Aigoo.

And please don’t ask me, what Minho is doing. Because he was busy eating his food, like what I said, he doesn’t have any interest when it comes to me.

“by the way I guess I might not see you guys often, cause I’ll be working as EXO’s new stylist.” I said

And that makes the love of my life look at me.

Did I say something wrong?