WATCHING OVER YOU

Love's Way

 

Minho buttoned up his shirt and toweled his wet hair. Grabbing his blazer, he went out of his room that he shared with Taemin who was still far away in dreamland. Just as he closed the door behind him, he was no longer surprised to see Jonghyun walking out of his room clad in just his grey sweatpants, hair askew at that time of the morning.

“Hyung, you’re not meeting Cleo again today?” Jonghyun stopped mid-way of uncapping a bottle of water from the fridge.

“Yeap,” Jonghyun nodded his head before continuing with the task at hand. Minho sighed. He could not pin-point the exact emotion he felt from that answer. Yet he knew that he was somewhat relieved that Cleo would then not spend so much time with Jonghyun. Minho smiled at that thought.

“Well then, I’m going off now. Tell the others to not be late, especially Taemin. See you at lunch,” Minho patted his hyung on the back as he made his way over to the front door. As he locked it, he continued down his usual route to the small café just a few blocks away from school.

Settling himself down on the seat by the window, he ordered his usual cup of Mochachino and looked out the window at a certain house among rows of other colourful two-storey houses diagonally-opposite the cafe, just like how he had done for the past few months. He thanked the waitress as she placed his cup of coffee on his table with a smile. Sipping on the hot brown liquid, his eyes travelled to the door of the house and waited for about half an hour.

3..2..1.

He glanced up from his wristwatch as it opened. His eyes sparkled and warmth filled him, not from the coffee he had in his hands but by seeing the girl with long soft brown locks, fringe pulled to the side with a slim black y pin like any other day, walking out of the house. He could see how her eyes fell to her feet in slight disappointment when she realized that a certain boy was once again not found leaning against her front gate, waiting for her.

It had been over a week since Jonghyun had stopped meeting Cleo by her house. It confused Minho as to why he had been avoiding her for the past few days at first but then he realized that it might actually be both good and bad. Good for him cause then he would not have to deal with so much jealousy but bad for her cause he was definitely aware of her feelings for his band member.

The rest noticed too how Jonghyun had been very distant towards Cleo or simply react rather differently with her as compared to how he used to. He was questioned about it and he simply fooled them all with a “really?” But only Minho noticed how Jonghyun purposefully avoids her eyes and how Cleo would just let her gaze fall to the floor throughout the rest of the conversation.

Minho sighed for the second time that morning.

Tipping the cup, he swallowed the last drop of his coffee. He bowed at the girl behind the cash register after paying for his drink and walked out of the café, eyes never once leaving the student a few metres ahead of him. Ever since Jonghyun stopped meeting her, his usual routine had been changed. He no longer had to count to exactly two hundred and three in his head before leaving the café just so that by then Jonghyun and Cleo would have turned a corner and out of his sight.

Minho watched on as Cleo wrapped her arms tighter around her tiny body as a sudden cold air rushed past them. He was mindful of keeping a few distances between the two of them. His heart grew heavy as he watched her walk all alone. There were times when he felt bad that he was happy Jonghyun decided to not walk her to school ever again but what could he do when his heart yearned for some happiness? He began debating with himself whether or not to quicken his pace and just walk with her or to just keep the current safe distance.

Millions of times Minho would imagine what it would be like to see Cleo’s eyes sparkle or brighten up from seeing him instead of his hyung who was simply oblivious to the poor girl’s heart. There was even once where he had enough and cornered Jonghyun just as he left the bathroom after a shower and told him to back off if he has no interest in her. Of course his hyung was beyond confused and told him to move aside but the slam of a hand to the wall just inches away from his face had Jonghyun frozen on his spot. Minho ended the confrontation with a soft, “Don’t hurt her please.” 

But even then, Minho knew that all that was just absolutely pointless. Firstly, he did not want to expose Cleo’s pure feelings for his hyung thus he never did tell him who the girl he warned him to stay away from no matter how much his hyung pestered him. He simply just brushed it off by saying that he was slightly stressed out and had been a little tipsy that day.

Choi Minho knows of what being in a relationship would mean, heck, he even knows what it really meant to fall for someone. But for someone like him, an idol, the tight schedules and the millions of eyes watching him, them, would be too much for a relationship to handle. Yet no matter what, he simply could not stop himself from needing to protect her, to yearn for her attention.

But he was satisfied enough with just going through his daily routine which includes sitting by the window of the café, sipping onto his cup of Mochachino waiting for Cleo to appear from the house where his position has a very clear view of and watched on as she would tie her shoelaces into two very neat bows before following her down the pavement all the way to the front gate of the school. He would then have to wait for sixty seconds before approaching her with a smile, standing there with her all alone and asking about her health and such before the rest would reach them after about two to three minutes later.

Minho treasured every single second he got being alone with her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

Ouuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I absolutely LUUURRRVVVVEEEEE SHINee's Dream Girl! The song is just ouh so catchy and fun to sing along to!And gosh Taeminie sings! LAWL!!! So happpppiiieeee...I can't get enough of it. Even the other songs from the album are mindblowingly-AWESOME! SHINee never failed to impress! WOOTSWOOTS~!

Anyways, let's side-track for a while, I am one of those exotics out there who are guilty of being oh so impatient for Exo's comeback. Gosh! And what is with all the leaked songs? I mean wolf and the 365? It's just sad that those songs (whether official or not) are leaked. I wonder what the Exo boys feel about it. They worked so hard for this hella MEGA comeback only to have such songs leaked. It's okay. We shall just wait for their OFFICIAL comeback.>~~<

Alrytie I better stop talking so much. HAHAHAHAHA

BYE-YEOMMMM~~^-^