JUST US TWO

Love's Way

ONew stretched in bed only to realize that he could not really move his arms. He was tightly wrapped in his blanket. Letting out a long groan, he pushed, twisted and kicked to free himself.

"Yesh--Whoaa~!" He sat up only to fall back off the bed in a loud thud. "I really need to stop being so clumsy so as to make sure i could even reach my sixtieth birthday," he sighed. ONew strode out only to find the living room empty. He cocked an eyebrow as he looked at his wrist watch. By that time, his other dongsaengs would have been sprawled across the sofa and floor watching television.

"Hello~~anybody?" he asked as he wandered around the dorm. He peeked into the kitchen and did a double take as he saw Key sitting on the countertop, talking on his phone.

"What? You won't be able to make it in time for dinner? Where the hell are you going till late??! Yah! Yah! Haish! Chincha this guy~!" Onew chuckled as he perched himself against the door frame watching his favorite member smacking his own forehead with a defeated sigh.

"You're gonna have a red forehead tomorrow if you don't stop smacking it anytime soon," Key jumped, sending his phone to the floor. "Well you're the one to talk," Key scowled. His eyes never left Onew as the boy walked up to him with an eye-smile before crouching down to grab the phone. And at the same time, Key slipped off the countertop. Onew passed the phone to Key after ruffling his hair. With that, he earned a smack on the shoulder. Key walked off to start cooking their lunch.

He cut the onions and scooped them up before throwing them into the pan. It sizzled against the hot oil. Grabbing for the spatula he turned to the pan only to drop them into it as he felt arms snaking around his small waist. A chin rests onto his shoulder and a breath sent chills down his spine.

"H-Hyung...w-what are you...d-doing?" Key stuttered. Onew snuggled his face into the back of Key's neck. "What's for lunch?" he breathed. Key shut his eyes to control his ragged breathing. He could not understand a single thing that was happening. He had never been so uncomfortable being so close to his most adorable Hyung before. Taking the spatula out of the pan, he placed it aside before struggling and turning around to meet eyes with his Hyung. It was a bad idea, and even Onew knew it.

They were just inches apart, their noses touching one another. Both of their eyes widened and they jumped about a meter away from each other. Onew blushed as Key's heartbeat fastened.

"w-why don't I just w-wait for you o-outside," Onew muttered before scurrying out the kitchen and head towards their bedroom only to trip over his own two feet and fell onto the floor. He hit his forehead hard against the wooden floor. Cursing under his breath he touched his throbbing forehead that was slowly starting to turn red.

XXX

"Where did you say we're going again?" Cleo turned to the guy beside him as they had been in the train for nearly about an hour.

Jonghyun chuckled.
"I didn't," looking down at Cleo beside him, he gave her a smile before turning back to stare out the window. Cleo puffed out her cheeks before finally letting it go and enjoy the scenery laid out in the vast open instead.

Two hours had passed and Cleo grew bored, cold and hungry. She pulled her unfortunately-thin sweater tighter around her small body as she shivered against the harsh temperature. Her teeth chattered slightly hence she bit her bottom lip to minimize the sound. She peeked at Jonghyun who had dozed off awhile ago, his head resting against the window. Her teeth chattered once again and she shivered suddenly. Jonghyun stirred at the movement, turning his whole body around to face her. She bit down onto her bottom lip, not wanting to wake him up. She scooted further away from him before turning the other way and drifted off to sleep.

~~~
Cleo snuggled against the warmth enveloping her. She smiled as the gentle caress on her head and the sound of the train lulled her. But realization soon sets in as she cracked an eye open only to find out that her head was pillowed by Jonghyun's broad shoulder, his thick black jacket laid on top of her like a warm blanket. She could not help but smile at Jonghyun's kindness.

Tilting her head back, her nose brushed against his chin. Her eyes widened and she pushed herself off him hurriedly, scattering the jacket to the floor. In an instant she picked it up and gave him an apologetic smile. Jonghyun chuckled. He took the jacket from her. Their fingers touched.

"Had a good sleep?" he said as he Cleo's head gently yet his eyes shone abit of amusement. Cleo turned away and lightly punched his upper arm. "Well you could've told me the duration of the journey...I would've at least slept earlier or prepared myself," Cleo defended herself only to make Jonghyun burst out laughing.

Cleo glared at him before snapping, "Don't laugh! Well....how much longer is it gonna take? Are we even still on earth--"
"We're here," he smiled before grabbing his backpack and stood up, stretching his sore muscles. He turned back and laid out his hand for her to take, his eyes still amused. With a slight hesitant yet excited mind, she took his hand as they hopped out of the train and onto the deserted station.

"Where are we~~?" Cleo whispered as she eyed the empty train station. The floor was nearly covered by dried leaves and the benches were grey with dust. She took a step closer towards Jonghyun as the wind took up speed and blew the leaves, having them to rake the cold hard floor.

"We're in Jeonju," Cleo turned to him.
"J-Jeonju?" Jonghyun nodded his head. He grabbed onto her hand and head towards the exit. They walked down a path for about five minutes before reaching a bus stop. Everything around them seemed quiet and peaceful. People there would either nod their head at them or simply walk by. But what surprised Cleo was the fact that Jonghyun, the singer from a top idol group, could walk around the street freely among the people without even catching their attention.

Their bus stopped at a lonely looking street and Cleo could only stare at the emptiness the atmosphere carries. She walked closely beside Jonghyun as he led the way up a slight hill. It was a rocky path and it was outlined by trees that were tall and standing proudly side by side. She eyed the place and she became nervous. Her defense systems geared up and she became cautious. She starts to realize that she was alone with a guy who she had only known for nearly six months, leading her to a place much more quiet and the outskirts of the "crowded" village. She began to get wary and she slowed down, stepping a foot away, letting go of his arm.

Jonghyun felt his left arm get cold and he stopped in his track before turning to see Cleo who was standing a few feet away from him. Worried and frightened paints her face.

"I won't hurt you. I'd never. Believe me, Cleo," he said gently as he stretched his hand out for her. He waited patiently as he watched her took a step closer and closer towards him. Her expression softened with every step as she could see the sincerity in his eyes.

Holding hands, they walked up and came face to face with a lovely cosy-looking house. He smiled at her briefly before pushing the gates open for them and they made their way across the freshly mowed lawn. The porch creaked as they walked up to the front door. Cleo heard him holding his breath before giving the door a knock. Without her knowing the reason why, she too held her breath as she waits for who might be on the other side of the door.

After an excruciatingly long minute had passed the door creaked open, revealing an aged lady a few centimeters taller than Cleo with soft curled light brown hair pulled into a loose bun, staring straight at them. Her face was careful at first when she met eyes with Cleo but it soon softened as she turned to Jonghyun and to their intertwined hands in between them.

Jonghyun's smile widened and Cleo could see tears glistened brightly in his eyes. She watched as the two exchanged a silent conversation through their eyes that she knew was meant to be private. Hence she turned her gaze to the floor.

"And who might this beautiful young lady be?" her voice was so gentle and fragile that Cleo could literally feel the words wither and break against the soft breeze and graze against her face like a breath. The hand that was holding her's tightened. She looked up and found herself staring at the most captivating thing she ever noticed; his eyes. She watched as he opened his mouth and said,

"There's someone I'd want you to meet, mum."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hahaha hope you guys like that chap...I actually had completed writing the whole story about a year ago but somehow when i post it here I kept on editing my original work...I think because of that I took quite a while to post each chap...hope you guys don't mind it:) Anyways, this chap was rather hard to make cause i completely changed the whole thing. haha so do comment about the story. I really do need some boosts from you guys. New readers or silent readers, I would love to hear from you guys.

I HEART YOU^_^