TROUBLE

Love's Way

Hihi. I'm back:) enjoy~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Cleo kicked the gravel off the pavement. Watching it land onto the road, her eyes wondered off to the house just across her. It was already past six in the afternoon and the sun had set. Cleo was on her way back from hanging out with the guys and girls.

Her eyes scanned the house. It looked eerie and scary. With only the moonlight as a source of light, it gave the house a dark glow that emits a spooky aura enveloping her as she continued staring.

"I wonder how she's doing," Cleo whispered. But just as she was about to take another step, she bumped straight into someone. Jolting out from her thoughts she snapped her head to the front to apologize but the eyes staring straight into hers were hard and cold. She trembled.

"Watch it, shorty," the girl before her hissed. She turned back around and crossed the road, up onto the pavement and trudged up the pave and into the house across her.

"hahh~ Lorita. I hope she hasn't cause any harm to SHINee," Cleo sighed before heading the opposite way and into her house.

XXX

"Cleo!!! Wake up~there's someone here to fetch you to school," Cleo groaned under her warm sheets. She
Turned around in bed, not really wanting to leave it.

"Cleo~are you up? He might get impatient here," her aunt hollered once again.

"Just tell him to give me five more minutes," Cleo grumbled. Sighing back into her sheets, burying her face into her pillow, a word kept on replaying in her sleepy head.

Her eyes snapped open. Realization slapped her hard across her face.

"HIM?!" Cleo shot up in bed. Jumping off and tip-toeing her way out her room and to the staircase to peep at the living room, fell open at the sight.

"What the hell is Jonghyun doing here?!" she gasped under her breath. She spun and hid behind the wall beside her just as he was about to turn around knowing that she had spoken a bit too loud. Dashing back into her room, she ran around not knowing what exactly to do. Her mind was jumbled up as she grabbed her toiletries and her uniform before sprinting to the bathroom.

Ten minutes had passed and Jonghyun sat uncomfortably in the seat he was in. The scrutinizing gaze of the man he believed to be Cleo's uncle made him sweat. He cleared his throat wanting to break the painful silence that blankets them all in the living room.
Jonghyun sighed in relief when Cleo's aunt walked out of the kitchen. Holding a glass of plain water, a smile etched onto her lips, he calmed down.

"So, you and Cleo are JUST friends?" Cleo's uncle spoke. Jonghyun jumped slightly in his seat at the sudden question. He nodded his head vigorously.

"Y-yes. Just friends. Nothing more," he tried to smile only to shun away when her uncle gave him another icy gaze.

"You trying to say that my niece is not good enough for you??"he snapped slightly. Jonghyun's eyes widened. He was lost for words.

"Ouh stop it dear. You're scaring the boy. He looked like he's about to cry," Jonghyun blushed furiously at Cleo's aunt's words. Relief crashed into him like waves as he heard Cleo running down the stairs and into his sight.

"hahh~s-sorry I'm late," Cleo tried to catch her breath. Jonghyun bounced of his seat a bit too happily as he grabbed his bag and walked to her.

Cleo turned to her aunt and uncle to kiss them goodbye as Jonghyun stood by the door, ready to leave as soon as possible.

"Bye Uncle Lee and Aunt Ji," she kissed both their cheeks before jogging up to the guy who had the door open for her.

Uncle Lee walked back to the couch to continue reading his newspaper where he had stopped. Aunt Ji walked to stand by the door. She watched as the two walked side by side. Their hands brushing against one another time to time. She could see the extra bounce on her niece's walk.

Smiling as the flash of Cleo's glossy lips, round eyeliner eyes and the slight blush in her cheeks came into mind.

"She never liked wearing makeups to school."

~~~~~
Jonghyun and Cleo walked to school together. She felt warm inside when he casually took the pink file from her hands and held it in his own.

She felt happy walking with him. Heck she always feel happy just being with him. He made her seem like someone special. His attention was always on her and the things he say just to make her laugh, Cleo liked it. Cleo likes it a lot.

Finally when they arrive school, she could not help but to notice the glare she received from nearly all the students they walked past. Her heartbeat increased as she heard people hissing at her or snapping a few ungrateful comments in her way when she walked close enough to hear.

Glancing up to the person beside her, her heart sank knowing that Jonghyun was totally oblivious to the things that was happening to her. So instead of burdening him and making things worst, she kept shut and her gaze low, watching where her feet land as she walked down the hallway with him.

"So, I'll see you later?" his voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Giving him a slight nod, and taking the pink file from his hands, she walked into class. When she entered, she could feel all eyes on her. They scowled as she walked down their tables to hers. She cursed in her mind as to why her table had to be so far back. Then again, at least she does not have to feel their glare burning her back.

As she was too deep in her thoughts, a girl had stuck out her foot. Cleo's feet came into contact with hers as she tripped and fell forward. Her face met with the floor in a loud thud. She winced as she felt her teeth had dug a bit too deep into her bottom lip.

In an instant, the whole class erupted in laughter. Some calling her names that she never expect to hear again after meeting Alice. Pushing herself up to her trembling feet, she continued her way to her seat. Slowly turning back to the class to sit, everyone burst out laughing once again, knowing that her bleeding lip amused them.

Swallowing the lump in , she tried to blink back her tears. A couple of them escaped but she never want to show them that she is weak. her bottom lip clean, the metallic taste stung her tongue. Grimacing as she wiped the blood off her lips by the sleeve of her uniform, her classmates snickered once again. Saved by the bell, her teacher walked in as everyone turned their attention back to the front, all faces mocked innocence.

Finally when no one was looking, she let her tears fall.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comments are loves<33