Daehyun, can you promise me one thing?

Crash

You don't even know where you're going. You know that you can't drive in your condition, your tears made it hard to even focus on the road correctly.

You can't risk getting in an accident now. You really can't.

You touch the lump in your stomach, trying hard to stop crying. You don't even know what happened just now. You hardly ever fight with Daehyun, this kind of situation is still pretty new to you and you don't like it at all.

You quickly park your car by a cafe in town and run out in the rain, slamming the door to the cafe wide open and sitting in a booth by the window. You listen to the rain pouring outside, trying hard not to cry again. This isn't right. This isn't how it should be.

You sit with a cup of tea in front, trying hard to focus on the previous night.

Maybe you were a bit irrational.

Maybe you should have been patient.

Maybe you should have not slapped him in the face either.

You clench your fists as you think more and more about it. He was drinking last night for sure. Maybe he was really drunk last night.

.

Maybe he forgot last night completely.

Damn the alcohol for completely trashing your husband.

Now you are even more upset. You are now the wrong one, for hitting him. He could have not remembered anything and you slapped him, yelled at him, ran off from him.

. . .

You flex your shoulders, knowing that now you were the one who has to go apologize.

As you stand from the booth, you hear the cafe door slamming wide open. Your eyes turn towards the door to see Daehyun there, panting hard from running.

You look at him, tears welding in your eyes.

"Dae...Daehyun."

He didn't say anything but give a sad smile at you for reassurance. He throws a bill on the counter, telling the waitress that it was for whatever you had ordered, and takes you by the hand, leading you outside.

You have to admit, being in the rain isn't as romantic as they make it in books.

The rain is hard and began messing with your hair. Wow, you are so attractive now.

You look at Daehyun, who stops with you on the side of the cafe, where you two are hidden from any passing cars or people.

"Dae...Daehyun." You feel your voice quivering as he let go of your hand. "I... I'm really-"

Before you can even spit out the word 'Sorry', he crashes his lips into yours, causing your knees to buckle at the surprise. He holds your waist softly, holding you up and leaning you against the wall for support.

"Jagiya," he whispers softly as he broke the kiss, "I'm really, really sorry. For whatever my stupid self did last night. I'm just... I'm so sorry. I-"

You shake your head, leaning your lips centimeters from his. "I should have known better than acting the way I did earlier."

"I was stupid. I was really, really stupid. I don't know why I went out drinking. I don't know what came upon me. Oh __, if I can explain everything about yesterday, I really would. I just-"

"Daehyun, can you promise me one thing?" you cut him off with a whisper.

"Anything."

"Daehyun, never leave me." You look into his eyes as you speak. "I need you."

"I promise. ___, I promise that I'll never leave you."

You smile into his lips, feeling your lips reconnect with each other, this time not breaking apart.

With the rain steadying above you, you kiss a beautifully soaked Daehyun.

You take your word back.

Kissing under the rain is definitely as romantic as they make it in the books.