Epilogue

Crash

[Author's Note]

This chapter is slightly longer than my usual ones. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and not cry like I am right now.

Enjoy~

 

One Year After:

You touched your beautiful daughter's fingers as you watched her squirm in your arms.

Placing her softly into the crib, you kissed her forehead when you heard the doorbell ring. You paused in wonder of who it must be but headed to answer the door anyway.

You felt your eyes widen when you saw who was at your door.

"Youngjae? What are you doing here?"

He gave you a blank look as he scratched the back of his head. You took note that his other hand was occupied with a white bag.

"What's... What's that?" you heard yourself ask him.

"It's a gift."

You looked at him, a bit bewildered. "A gift? Oh Youngjae, thank-"

"It's not from me," he cut you off softly. He met your eyes as he spoke carefully.

"It's from Daehyun."

Daehyun.

The name that everyone has been avoiding to use in your presence, in fear that you would shatter in a million pieces.

Daehyun.

The name of the man who stole your heart years ago and never let go of it since.

Daehyun.

The name of the man you love.

"It's from him... A year ago." Youngjae held the bag out for you to take.

"Youngjae, please tell me that you're-"

"I'm not kidding, it's from him." Youngjae spoke as you took the bag into your possession. "He apparently explains why he asked me to wait a year to give this to you in a note inside."

"A note?" You looked at the bag some more, this definitely had something more than just a note.

Youngjae gave a weak shrug. "I didn't read it, he asked me not to so I didn't. I just came to drop it off like he asked me to."

You gave a small smile in appreciation. "Thank you."

"I'm going back to the city, but if you ever need me, just call. Daehyun made me promise to never change my phone number without letting you know."

"That sounds a lot like him."

"Yeah, it does." Youngjae gave another bow before exchanging a goodbye. You watched him walk down the street and off to his car, taking off without another word.

--

You sat down next to your daughter's crib, the only sound in the room being her soft breathing. You felt your hands hesitate before emptying the bag slowly.

An envelope consisting a letter and a small box.

On top of the envelope was scribbled in Daehyun's handwriting, "Read first!"

You opened the envelope carefully, not wanting to rip it badly. You read the letter, feeling tears slowly come into your eyes the more you read.

_____,

I asked Youngjae to give this to you about a year after my passing. If you're reading this right now, then that must mean that he listened and did as I asked. I also hope that he would never change his number without telling you first, I told him to be there for you if you ever need help.

I'm writing this today because I know that I won't be here in this world forever. It's a real shame that I won't be able to meet our daughter, but I know that you would do a wonderful job raising her. Remember that I'm going to watch the two of you from up in heaven. I promise.

Please don't be sad. Knowing you, you're probably crying right now. But don't. I don't want you to cry when you think of me, I don't want your memory of me to be sad. We have plenty of wonderful memories together, I want you to remember those and not my death.

Always remember that I love you. Always had and always will. I love you.

Before I conclude this letter, I do want to tell you something else.

Don't try to not move on from me. I don't want that. I want you to be happy and if you need another man to be by your side, by our daughter's side, I want you to make the decision to move on. I'm going to be proud of you, no matter what it is you do. I know that you make good decisions and if you decide that you need another man, I respect that, I really do.

In the box is something I ask you to wear. Because you can't wear our promise ring and wedding band if you meet someone else.

I don't want to stop you from being happy. Just stay happy. I want that for you, I know that if you're happy, our daughter will be happy too.

Stay happy. Always be smiling for me.

I love you and always will.

-Jung Daehyun

 

Your cheeks were now wet after you read his letter. You put the paper down as you reached for the box, the thing he asked you to wear. You lifted the top of the box.

It was a bracelet with a single word lightly carved in,

Smile.

 

[Author's Note]

Finished~^^

Thank you to each and every one of you readers for continuously supporting my story! I would have never finished writing this if you guys weren't reading!

I seriously hope that you all enjoyed it. I do sincerely apologize to those upset that I had Daehyun die, maybe I'll do a much happier story next.

Any ideas on another story? Doesn't have to be a B.A.P one either! Heehee you should comment or message me!

Again, thank you for reading my story! I love you all *kisses*

Hope you all enjoyed it~^^

Please comment your thoughts on my story, I do read them because your feedback means a lot to me!

Keep reading~^^

~Miyabi