Daehyun... Daehyun is dying.

Crash

You couldn't find the words to speak, and clearly Youngjae couldn't either.

"Youngjae..." you slowly spoke, "How have you been?"

He brought his arm to the back of his head, something he did when he was shy, according to Daehyun.

Yes, Daehyun.

Youngjae is Daehyun's best friend. He was always around Daehyun when you met them, until Youngjae moved out of town due to his family's business. Daehyun missed him, but they continued to keep touch, visiting each other from time to time to catch up. They were practically brothers, just like how you and Yuri were practically sisters. 

"Erm... I've been fine," he nervously spoke. "How have you been?"

You shrugged, knowing that he was probably just asking that to be polite. He clearly wanted to say something but kept his lips in a line, closed shut.

You saw him open his mouth to exhale and he looked up at you, curiousity visible in his eyes.

"Can... Can I ask you something?"

You tried to soothen the tension as much as you can, giving a soft smile. "You just did." But seeing him not crack a smile, you nodded seriously. "Youngjae, what is it?"

"Is that hyung's baby?"

You looked down at your stomach and graciously put your hand on top of it. You nodded slowly, already not liking the way the conversation started.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?"

You shot your eyes at him, seeing that he even though he was being obnoxiously blunt, he was being careful about it.

"I do, what about it."

He didn't answer.

You saw him turn his eyes towards the dark sky and the only sound was of the waves beneath your feet.

"___," he didn't turn away from the waves. "Did you actually move on from him?"

The question fell on you like a pile of rocks. You didn't. You really, really didn't. No matter how much you hated him for cheating, no matter how much you hated him for taunting your sleep with his smile, no matter how much you hated it, you had always loved him.

You still love Daehyun.

The fact that you didn't answer his question told Youngjae to keep going. He still didn't look at you but his mouth rambled on.

"You should know that he still loves you. He has always loved you no matter-"

"Shut up!" you cried out, covering your face which is now glistening with tears. Why were you so weak? Why couldn't you hold a damn conversation about your ex. Why is it that no matter how hard you've tried, you couldn't move on?

"Yes, I still love him!" you admit in tears, "I still do! No matter how much I'd love to move on, I still love that damn Busan Wonbin!"

You opened your eyes when you felt a hand grace its thumb over your cheek, wiping off your tears as it came out.

"Youngjae, please, just leave-"

"I won't."

"Why? He doesn't love me. He doesn't."

"You're wrong."

"I saw it all," you looked at him in sad eyes. "I saw him and knew why he kept leaving me. He didn't want me anymore." You felt yourself break down inside at the memory of him sitting in the cafe that day.

Completely ignoring your words, Youngjae choked out sadly.

"Daehyun... Daehyun is dying."

You did not just hear that. You could've sworn that he had just told you that Daehyun was dying. No that can't be. He was always so healthy and-

"It's cancer, ___. Daehyun has cancer."

You looked at him, still processing the words as he choked out the news. "You were misunderstanding it all," you saw him crying softly now as he tried his hardest to look at you. "Daehyun was getting medical help. You saw his nurse that day in the-"

You shook your head, taking a step back. No, that can't be. Youngjae was insane. There was no way that this was true. He was lying. Daehyun would have told you, he would have known better than to keep it as a secret.

"Hyung didn't want to tell you."

You choked, realizing that the tears were pouring out harder than before. "Wha- He would've. He wouldn't have kept it away from me for so long. I've been in' pregnant with his child. He wouldn't have been keeping this from me if he-"

"He's stupid, I know. I told him to tell you, but he said that he couldn't. That he wouldn't."

You felt your heart ache, yet throb. You don't know what it was but something inside of you was lightened with some kind of flame. You felt as if you were about to pass out.

"You have to go see him, ___." Youngjae gave you a sad smile, "He's waiting for you. He's waiting for you to come back."

"But-"

"He still loves you. And he's waiting for you to come back and see him before he dies."

 

[Author's Note]

Whoops. I lied. Daehyun point of view will not be next chapter. Next chapter is again YOUR point of view ehuhuh. Sorry if I disappointed any of you...

Did any of you guys like this chapter? Sorry it's poorly written. I'm actually not feeling well because band camp has taken a toll on me and today is like the first "no rehearsal" day since it's started. Sorry if this chapter .

I want to write another chapter, be awesome and do a triple update, you know? But I don't know if I can... Hopefully I could \\^o^//

Continue commenting for me!^^

Keep reading!<3