Goodbye, Jung Daehyun.

Crash

POV: Daehyun

I hated doing this to her. Cancelling like that. I hated myself just for having to do that, but the nurse on the phone insisted that it was important; So I told her to meet me at the cafe since the hospital wasn't open for visitors at the moment.

I walked into the cafe, finding her sitting down in a booth in the back. I sat down in front of her, watching her take out a bunch of papers for me. I groaned. Oh, wonderful.

"Sir, we have a bit of a problem," she stated a bit bluntly.

I blinked. "What problem? I've been doing all of the treatment you've been telling me to!" I hissed.

She put her hands up, telling me to calm down. "It's been getting worse. Much, much faster than what we had expected."

"Why are you telling me this? Where's my doctor?" I ignored all of her words.

"He couldn't come out. He has some other patients to take care of tonight."

"Oh."

"By the way, my name is Kim."

--

You're dying.

Shut the hell up, I know that.

She said that you're going to go soon.

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

Your treatment was just a waste of time. You could have just spent all of those hours with her.

I... I know.

You've lied to her a lot. Telling her that you're at work when you're really just hanging out with the nurse and doctors.

I was never just hanging out with them.

--

"Sir? Sir?"

I blinked and looked up at her, blushing faintly. "Sorry. I missed that."

Kim sighed a bit, restating herself. "You might need to stay at the hospital permanently now."

"What? Why!?"

"Your body will give up faster than your heart. You're going to get weaker. The hospital can care for you."

"I have a wife."

She paused at my suddenness, reaching over to touch my hands lightly, meaning support. "Yes, sir. I know that. But this is for the best. Please understand. She can visit you as often as she li-" She instantly pulled her hands away from mine's, as her eyes directed to the counter. I turned around, wondering what was the problem. I felt myself stop breathing.

It was her.

She looked at me, eyes locked, then looked back at the nurse. Back and forth between us, her eyes moved.

I looked at Kim, she was dressed in normal day clothes, no uniform of any kind. No one would be able to tell that she was a nurse. . This wasn't good.

I saw her walking towards us, her fists clenching in pain. My heart drowned at the sight.

"___..." I looked at her, "It's not, it's not how it looks." I try to explain, I try to explain quickly.

"Shut up."

I looked at her, seeing her now crying. She pointed at the KIm, her finger shaking.

"Is this whom you've been seeing? Is this who you've replaced me with?"

Kim was now the one to be in shock. She started to get up from her seat.

"Miss, no, it's a misunderstanding. Your husband-"

"He's not my husband."

My eyes widened at the words as the table turned silent.

"___," I reached for her hand, "You have to let me explain-"

She slapped my hand away.

"Stop. I don't care anymore. I just, don't," she snapped. She tugged on her finger, I felt my eyes widen at the realization of what she was doing."

"Here." She slammed the two rings, the promise ring and the wedding band, down onto the table.

"Good bye, Jung Daehyun."