Chapter 17

I was friendzoned by my best friend Park Chanyeol (Hiatus)
Narrator's POV
 
 
 
"Chanyeol" she held on his hand. "You know I don't skate anymore. The last time I did, I broke my foot. I'm scared Yeol." The fear in her eyes struck Chanyeol. It was true, Jiyeon used to skate before but because of the incident that happened on her competition day, it prevented her from doing the thing she had passion for.
 
 
 
Flashback
 
 
 
"Please give a warm welcome to Park Jiyeon from Seoul" The announcer said and as soon as Jiyeon came out, people started to clap their hands and some fanboys/fangirl even howled her name. She gave them a sweet smile and waved her hands to them. 
 
 
 
Jiyeon took a long breath and waited for the music to start. The song played and her feet began to move according to it. The audience silenced and focused their attention to Jiyeon who was dancing gracefully around the rink.
 
 
 
But suddenly, Jiyeon began to struggle, her toes hurting a lil. She bit her lip and just continued to dance no matter how hard it was for her. One mistake can ruin everything and lose everything she worked har for. 
 
 
 
The music was close to its end but she still has to do the "death drop spin" and with the aching going on her toes , it could  not work according to what she practiced. She began to  shake inside and her focus kind of  decreased.
 
 
 
Jiyeon breathed before jumping up like an axel. When she was about to kick the take off leg backwards, she fell right on her gaining an "Ohhhhhhhhh" from the audience.
 
 
 
Tears began to fall from her eyes as she struggled to get up. She was embarassed and disappointed in herself at the same time. She couldn't even look at her parents and just looked down. 
 
 
 
Soon, the rescue team came running towards her. Myungsoo was also there to comfort her. "Jiyeon Gwaenchana?" she could see the worry in her eyes. She turned her head from side to side, meaning she wasn't. "It hurts." Beads of tears continued to fall from her eyes. 
 
 
 
"Everything's gonna be okay. Don't worry I'm here." Myungsoo cupped Jiyeon's chin and gave her a hug. "Please be careful." He told the emergency in charge. "Ne Algesseupnida" they carefully put Jiyeon on a stretcher and brought her to the ospital.
 
 
 
End of Flashback
 
 
 
"You can do it. I know you can." She shook her head. "I can't Yeol. I can't."  She held on to her seatbelt. 
 
 
 
"Do you trust me?" Chanyeol asked all of a sudden.
 
 
 
"What?" she asked, confused.
 
 
 
"Do you trust me?" He repeated, offering his hands.
 
 
 
"Of course I do but---" She was cut off by Chanyeol when he hushed her.
 
 
 
"No buts Jiyeon. Were gonna have some fun, I promise you that." Then Chanyeol took off his seatbelt and got out of his car to open the door for Jiyeon. Jiyeon resisted at first but pushed the thought away. She knew he'd never let her down no matter what she did to him.
 
 
 
They headed their way to the skating rink, the same place where she had her competition and accident. It brought her a lot of memories including Myungsoo. She smiled and took in the air she somehow missed.
 
 
 
Myungsoo called Jiyeon every day, making sure she eats according to time and takes care of herself. Myungsoo wasn't able to visit her due to things he needed to finish before he graduates. Jiyeon understands Myungsoo's state and she knew she has no right to complain cause after all, Myungsoo did a lot of things for her.
 
 
 
"Are you ready?" Chanyeol came back with 2 pairs of skates in his hands. She gave him a warm smile and nodded. "There's no harm in trying again, right?" Chanyeol returned the smile. "Of course, so may I?" He offered his hand and Jiyeon gladly took it. 
 
 
 
Slowly yet surely, Chanyeol guided Jiyeon who struggled a little. It was as if  she started training for the first time and she missed that. It's been five years since then. The feeling for her was just undescribable. With Chanyeol helping her, it gave her strength.
 
 
 
As Chanyeol guided her, tiny beads of tears began to escape from her eyes. "This is awesome isn't------" Chanyeol stopped on his feet when he saw Jiyeon crying. "What is it? Does it hurt?" Jiyeon only cried louder.
 
 
 
"Yah! What happened?" Chanyeol grew more worried, his chest tightening. "I'm just so happy." He let out a sigh of relief. He thought there was something wrong.
 
 
 
Chanyeol caressed her face and took her into his arms. "You Paboya. You made me worried, did you know that?" He messed her hair. "I know. Your expression was priceless." she chuckled. 
 
 
 
"You're so mean." He pouted. "Stop. Doesn't suit you." She knocked his head with her knuckles and they both laughed.
 
 
 
Time passed by so quickly. Jiyeon grew confidence in herself and by this time she was already skating alone. Chanyeol only followed her in case something happens. She watched the girl with joy showing in her eyes. He'd never seen Jiyeon this happy again and it gave him a warm feeling.
 
 
 
"Yah. Are you sure you can do this?" Jiyeon decided to do the death drop spin she failed to do on her competition. She nodded. "But----" Chanyeol tried to protest but Jiyeon had already made up her mind. 
 
 
 
"Trust me." He nodded. "Just be careful." she gave him a smile before heading to the center of the rink.
 
 
 
Jiyeon played the song in her head and as the song began, her feet moved according to it. She imagined the audience clapping for her and her Dad, as well as Myungsoo giving her their support.
 
 
 
She danced and gave her best to every move, gaining a smile from Chanyeol who was watching at the side.
 
 
 
The time came for the death drop spin.  She took a deep breath before jumping upwards, forming an axel. She then kicked the take off leg backwards. Then, she lands in a back sit spin position and finally doing the back sit spin.
 
 
 
She succeeded! She took off her skates and came running to him. "Oh my gawd! Did you just saw that? I did it Yeol, I did it!" She hugged him tight, squeezing him into her arms. 
 
 
 
"I know right?! I'm so proud of you Jiyeon." With that, tears again started to flow from her eyes, Chanyeol hugging her just as tight.
 
 
 
"Thank you Yeol, for everything." She smiled as she burried her face in his chest. "That's what friends are for, right?"
 
 
 
"Of course." Jiyeon have never felt so happy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol drove them to the airport. It was already past five and Jiyeon's flight is at six pm. After today, Jiyeon was already ready to go. She felt so happy and she was grateful for that.
 
 
 
When they reached the airport, Mr. Park greeted her daughter with a warm hug, as well as Chanyeol. "I know you're never gonna fail me." Mr. Park teared when he saw how happy her daughter is and he knew he made the right choice.
 
 
 
"Please take care of Jiyeon." Chanyeol smiled. "Of course I will. Thank you Chanyeol. We'll surely meet again.Visit us when you have time." They chuckled.
 
 
 
Chanyeol gave Jiyeon a one last hug. It was long and tight. "Thank you Yeol. Despite evrything I did, you were still there for me. I love you." 
 
 
 
"I love you too. Have a safe trip." Jiyeon let go of the hug and went to her father's side. "Bye Yeol. See you soon."
 
 
 
"See you." He waved. They were about to go but----
 
 
 
"JIYEON!" A familiar voice appeared out of nowhere which made Jiyeon and her father turn their backs. It was Jin-Hee.
 
 
 
Jiyeon smiled and let go of her suitcase. Jiyeon gave Jin-Hee a hug. "Sorry for everything Jin-Hee. I know I've hurt you and I really regretted what I did." she said sincerely. To Jiyeon's surprise, Jin-Hee hugged her back and smiled at her.
 
 
 
"It's okay Jiyeon. I just wish you happiness and no matter what happens, were gonna be here for you." With Jin-Hee's words, it made Jiyeon tear.
 
 
 
"I didn't expect that from you Jin-Hee. After everything I did.... Aww Now I know Chanyeol made a right choice." Jin-Hee smiled. "Let's just forget the past and move on. We all deserve second chances right?"
 
 
 
"Of course. Thank you Jin-Hee." she gave her another hug.
 
 
 
"Darling, it's time to go." she waved at them. "Bye guys."
 
 
 
"But what about Myungsoo? Have you guys seen each other?" Jin-Hee asked and it also got Chanyeol thinking. She was right. Myungsoo haven't called all day.
 
 
 
"Maybe he's not going to make it. He's busy." Jiyeon, instead sounder more sad even though she showed them her sweet smile. Her eyes were showing the opposite.
 
 
 
"Who told you I couldn't make it?" Another familiar voice appeared out of nowhere. 
 
 
 
"Myungsoo." Jiyeon mumbled, shocked. 
 
 
 
"Surprised?" He carried his suitcase to where Jiyeon was and showed them his ticket. Mr. Park only chuckled.
 
 
 
"What Dad? Am I the only one who doesn't know about this?" Jiyeon's eyes were wide, still couldn't believe what's in front of her. 
 
 
 
 "You're coming with them?!" Chanyeol and Jin-Hee chorused.
 
 
 
"Yes I am." he smirked.
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N: That was part two! :)