Chapter 15

I was friendzoned by my best friend Park Chanyeol (Hiatus)

Narrator's POV

 

"Myungsoo" she mumbled. Jiyeon fell on her knees, guilt and regret washed all over her, her heart aching in pain and agony. She wanted to ask for forgiveness. For the times she was so desperate to get Chanyeol and for the the times she got so selfish and self-centered, there was only one person who stayed there and never left her side. Loving her instead of judging her by her flaws and her tyrant attitude. Myungsoo, it was only Myungsoo. How could she be so blind and took advantage of his love? 

 

"I'm so sorry Myungsoo." She broke down. She realized how stupid she was for doing such absurdity and even if she made it out of love, it was never right and fair. She was too in love that she was blinded by her own feelings. She thought Chanyeol was going to give up everything and love her, like the way she did, but no, life is not always gonna be the way we want it to be and there are such things that aren't just meant for us to have.

 

All we have to do is accept and move on. Start over. After all, life is full of ups and downs. Life is never perfect and humans as we are aren't as well. We commit mistakes but we'll eventually learn from them. Just state in mind that whatever happens in life, no matter how tough or hard it is, stay strong and keep going.

 

Myungsoo gave her a tight yet consoling hug. Her face buried in his chest, quietly sobbing. "I'm sorry Myungsoo. For everything." She said softly. "Don't be." Myungsoo brushed his fingers through her hair, comforting her, telling her everything's gonna be okay, that he'll be there no matter what happens. "But...what I've done to you was---"

 

"Shhh" he hushed. "It's okay. No matter what you say or do to me, no matter how complicated life's gonna be for both of us, my love for you will never change."

---

 

Kris ran to Jin-Hee's side, encircling her in his broad and well-built arms, it was tight and almost suffocating but she didn't mind. He cupped her cheeks and looked at her in worry. "Are you okay? I worried so much about you." He checked every inch of her, for any wounds or bruises but there were none. "Don't worry anymore. I'm fine. Look at me." she said with a gleeful tone in her voice. Finally, it's over. she thought.

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" He hugged her again, her heart somehow clenched when she saw Chanyeol, looking at their direction. His face almost fell and it hit her. No. It's not over yet. She still has to fix things between the three of them. It was hard for her, indeed it was.

 

To be honest, I'm kind of confused. I don't know. In a lil amount of time, it seemed like everything has changed. My mind and heart are currently in a battlefield right now. I feel something's wrong.. so wrong that it kind of felt right at the same time. It seems like I have committed as mistake and fixing it could only make it worse. Who is who and whick is which? My mind or my Heart? I don't know, I just don't..

 

Kris broke the hug and came closer to Jin-Hee's face. He was about to kiss but then Jin-Hee stopped him. She gave him a timid smile. "Look if this is about what happened that afternoon. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you, for pushing you. I wasn't able to control myself, I wasn't myself. Please. Forgive me Jin-Hee." He almost cried, voice full of sincerity. The thought of loosing Jin-Hee was way too much for him and he'd probably go insane. 

 

She smiled. "After everything that happened, I think we need to take a break." Kris looked at her in disbelief. "What do you mean take a break?" she sighed. "Look I'm not breaking up with you Kris, okay? It's just.. I think we all deserve some rest." Kris shook his head and hesitated to argue more. "Alright." he smiled and gave Jin-Hee one last hug before leaving.

---

 

"Waaaaaa! Did you see how awesome my moves were back there?! I'm so cool!!" Tao exclaimed as Chanyeol joined the two. "We won! We won!" He continued to cheer. Kai, on the other hand, noticed there was something wrong with Chanyeol. "Aren't we suppose to celebrate? What's with the sad face?" He asked with worry in his voice.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. "Come on Hyung. Tell me. What happened?" 

 

Tao was still boasting about his brilliant Wushu skills and even repeated the moves he did, as if there was someone listening to him, nevertheless he continued. "Yah! Yah! Yah!" he continued to kick the air, treating the air as his opponent. This panda, really.

 

"It's nothing. Don't worry." Chanyeol lied but Kai knew him well enough.

 

Chanyeol is the easy-to-read kind of guy and Kai is good at reading people. it wasn't hard for him to tell if Chanyeol's happy, sad, or if he's lying. He would always make Chanyeol give in and tell him what he really feels and right now is no different.

 

He smirked at hisHyung. "Are you trying to make fun of me Hyung? I know there's something wrong. Spill the beans, Hyung." Chanyeol gave a sigh, defeated by his dongsaeng. "Fine. It's about Jin-Hee." Kai frowned. "What about her? I thought everything's okay now?

 

"No it's not. Jin-Hee is still with Kr---"

 

"Excuse me." Mr. Park cut them off. "Can I talk to Chanyeol?" he showed his perfect teeth to the young man."Uh. Sure Sir." Kai smiled.

 

"I'll see you later man." Kai waved then dragged the silly panda with him. "What are you doing---" Tao tried to protest. "Aish. Shut up." kai covered Tao's mouth.

 

"Where's Jin-Hee?" Mr. Park asked. Chanyeol got a lil taken aback but answered calmly. "I think I saw her last with Kris Hyung." "Ah, you see I'm taking Jiyeon with me in the States next week." Chanyeol furrowed his brows.

 

 

"What? why?" The man sighed. "I think it will be better for Jiyeon to stay there and I might as well get her into Rehabilitation. She needs some help." Chanyeol, who was still shocked by the sudden news, just nodded and didn't intrude more.

 

Mr. Park was thankful of what Chanyeol had done. At least, after everything that happened to her daughter, he had made her happy, even just for a lil amount of time. That was when they were forced to be together. Mr. Park, himself, contributed to what Jiyeon has become now. He spoiled her but we all know that he also did it out of love and there's nothing wrong with that. 

 

"Can I ask a favor Chanyeol?"

"What is it Sir?"

"Before we leave. Can you spend a day with Jiyeon? I just think it'll be better for her to leave the country happy."

Chanyeol gave him a smile and nodded. "Of course Sir." 

 

-----------------------------------------

A/N: Here is Chap 15!