Chapter 16

I was friendzoned by my best friend Park Chanyeol (Hiatus)

Narrator's POV

 

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes as rays of light streamed through the room's window. He stretched his arms and legs which made him yawn, battling whether he should go shower or go back to sleep. He sighed and grabbed a towel from his closet and headed to the bathroom

 

The warm water trickled down his body, refreshing and relaxing his muscles, making him close his eyes and just enjoy the moment. After all, he needed it. He turned off the shower and dried himself with his towel, closing the door behind him afterwards. He then changed to simple clothes.

 

Looking at himself in the mirror, he mumbled. "I can do this."

 

I better fix everything before the day ends, everybody deserves a happy ending.. If it's not okay then it's not yet the end.

 

He gave himself a reassuring smile  before he headed to the front door. The fresh wind greeted him as soon as he opened the door. He walked towards his car while thinking if he can just back down now. He fought against the thought and opened the car's door. He heaved a heavy sigh before starting the engine.

 

 

Jiyeon rested her head against the bed's headboard, closing her eyes. Her heart ached a bit at to what happened a week ago. Tonight, they'll be flying to the US. She didn't protest when Mr. Park told her about it even though she doesn't want to leave the country where she belongs, the country which gave her a lot of memories, her HOME.

 

Everything was ready, her suitcase and bags stood beside her door, looking at it brought a lot of things to her. She doesn't want to leave but maybe her Dad was right, maybe its the best for her.

 

She thought about Myungsoo. After that night, it was only Myungsoo she could think of. She regretted what she did. All the time she wasted for someone who  wouldn't even love her back..She could have just opened her eyes to the one who really loved her, to the one who really cared about her, to the one who stayed beside her when everyone turned their backs and walked away.

 

It was Myungsoo. It was only him.
 

 

A sudden knock on the door brought her back to reality. "Jiyeon?" Her father called out. 

 

"Come in." Mr. Park opened the door and greeted her with a smile. He walked towards her and gave her a warm kiss on the forehead which made her smile and hug his father tightly.

 

"Looks like someone is here to take you out today" Her eyes widened in excitement. Could it be Myungsoo?

 

Her smiled faded when she saw a tall figure appear beside her room's door. "Hey" Chanyeol gave her a smile.

 

She wasn't sure why he would even visit her. After everything she had done to them, he should be angry. She started to tense up so she looked away. She wasn't ready for this...not just yet.

 

"I think you need to talk." Mr. Park hugged her daughter once again. "Everything's gonna be okay. You need to face him." he whispered and then let go of the hug.

 

He walked towards the door but stopped beside the much younger man in front of him. "Please make her happy" He patted his back before leaving the room, closing it behind him.

 

 

"Hey" he started once again, breaking the awkward silence between them. She didn't look back. He grew worried. Soon, Chanyeol heard soft sobs getting louder and louder. He walked towards her.

 

"Hey. Hey. Are you crying?" he tried to lift her chin but it was no use, she was already crying. All he could do was hug her and say some comforting words to her, hoping it could make her feel better.

 

"I'm sorry Yeol. I'm really am." she cried. She meant it with full sincerity this time. He cupped her cheeks and looked at her but she only avoided his eyes.

 

"Look at me Jiyeon." and she slowly did. "Everyone makes mistakes, nobody's perfect and so are we. I know you're blaming yourself for everything but don't we deserve second chances?" He gave her a comforting smile.

 

"But-----" He hushed her. "No buts Jiyeon. We are not friends for nothing." This time, it was her turn to smile.

 

It was yet her best smile after that night. She gave him a hug and he returned the hug just as tight. 

 

"So will you go out with me today?" She frowned, confused. He chuckled. "A friendly date maybe?" He offered his hand. "Sure I'd love to" and then she took his hand.

 

Mr. Park who had been listening behind the door, smiled to himself. "I know you'll never fail me Park Chanyeol."

 

 

 

As soon as they bid goodbye to Mr. Park, who pretended as if he didn't hear anything, they headed to Chanyeol's car and soon the engine started. 

 

Chanyeol drove them to a place Jiyeon had never been before. Jiyeon's brows furrowed as soon as they reached the place. Chanyeol smiled to the girl's reaction.

 

"What are we gonna do here?"

 

"Ice skating"

 

 

______________________________________________

A/N: So this is only part one of it. :) I'll update this weekend, don't ya worry. ;)

 

We all deserve second chances, don't we?