IV: A Threat

Dark Visions

“Well that’s all good and stuff.. but you just passed out and stopped breathing. That’s not normal.” Kris argues looking at me strangely. I look into his eyes, they're that maroon color again. More red now.

 

“y-Your eyes.. “ I stutter feebly. Kris moves away from me and looks down.


“ What about my eyes.”

 

“They're red.”

 

“See that just proves you need to see the doctor.” he retorts quickly. He turns back to me, his eyes look brown again but he's smirking of course.

 

I try to stand up, “I'm fine, see?” But as soon as I straighten my back no more than two seconds I'm falling again.

 Kris is ready this time and he catches me. He smells nice, like something earthy.

I push him away shaking slightly. His touch scares me and he notices because his features harden, eyes narrowing, “What was the memory?” he quetsions with no trace of his teasing behavior.

 

I try to change the subject, “Oh it was nothing! Just a little old memory. I'm gonna head down first bye!”

 

I race down the stairs, taking them two at a time, leaving Kris with a puzzled look on his face.

I walk down the stairs when I'm far enough away from Kris and all his questions. The stairs lead into the dining room but I stop walking when I hear the boys talking... about me.

 I hide behind the big stair post on the last flight of stairs so they can’t see me and listen.

 

“She shouldn't be here, it's dangerous for us and you all know it.”

 

“We have to trust Kris. He knows what he's doing.”

 

“We should just kick her out now, before she finds out about us. Kris never should have brought her here. She is a threat to the pa-.”

 

I can't listen to this anymore. Before whoever is talking can continue, I walk down the stairs and into view. I watch as a few eyes widened at the sight of me.

 

“I'm a threat to what?" I ask staring each of them in their eyes. " If you don’t want me here, just tell me. I didn't force you to bring me here.”

 

Chen stands up, glaring at me, “But didn't you? Who walks in the woods alone at night and then claims to not remember anything? Do you actually expect us to believe that? We don't need liars in this house”

 

“I'm not lying!" I snap, but then the thought of my one returned memory comes back," i-I really don’t know what happened..." I stutter quietly.

 

Chen scoffs and rolls his eyes, “Whatever.”he snarls before sitting down again.

 

The rest of the guys don't meet my eyes, but instead busy themselves with sitting down and starting to eat. I stand there awkwardly trying to access the situation. Do they all feel that way? Why should I stay somewhere that I'm not wanted? I should just leave.

 

Surprisingly I don’t feel so hungry anymore. I race back up the stairs to the comfort of my room.

 

I bury my head under the covers, trying to figure out why that one memory came back and what it was about. Suddenley I hear a knock on my door and look up. I go to open the door and see a bowl of ramen with some side dishes and a glass of water and a note. I look down the hallway wondering who brought it but it is empty. I pick up the note first and read-  

         

                             Sorry about what happened earlier. Don’t take what Chen said seriously, he's an idiot.

 

My lips twitch up into a small smile, grateful for the apology and in complete agreement about the Chen bit. I wonder who wrote it, though it was nice, they have horrible handwriting. My stomach growls at the sight of the food, I pick up the tray and close the door. I eat mouthful after mouthful of the food until it's all gone. I down the water and smile in contentment. “Ahh. So good.” I place the tray with the plates on my desk before crawling under the covers and falling into a deep sleep. For the enxt two days I remain in my room, not wanting to deal with the tension outside. I weigh out the pros and cons of staying here. I decide its probably smarter to stay here for the time being since there is nowhere for me to go even if some people, no scratch that no one wants me here.

                                        ***

I wake up to the chirping of birds and the sunlight shining into my eyes. I groan at the annoyingly good weather. Before I can place a pillow over my head to block the sound and the sun, I hear a knock at the door.

"What?" I whine lifting my head up.

 

Kris swings the door open, "Get up, it's time for school.” His face is blank and I wonder why it seems like he's always trying to hide his emotions.

 

I peak my head out from beneath the covers, “S-school?” I ask dumbfounded.

 

"Yes, ever heard of it? Just because you lost your memory, doesn't give you an excuse to act stupid,” he retorts, eyes boring into my skull as he fills up the door frame with his tall stature.

 

I roll my eyes, “Ha Ha so funny. I dontwannago” I mumble slowly pulling the covers over my head again.

" I don't think so." Kris strides over with his long legs. "I took the liberty of enrolling you while you were hibernating for two days, so you're going to school.” He pulls the covers off in one single flourish leaving me exposed in my pajamas consisting of a tank top and shorts.

I groan and look up to see his face is all red. He throws the covers back on me, averting his gaze.  . It's entertaining seeing him so flustered.

 

“Okay, okay, just leave already!” I complain pulling the covers back over my cold body. 

 

“We leave by 7, so get ready. You reak by the way, when was the last time you took a shower.” he wrinkles his nose and finally leaves.

 

When the door closes I kick and squirm under my blanket, throwing a mini tantrum now that Kris is gone. I cover my face with my pillow and scream into it, “Ugh my life. It’s too early for this .”

 

“I heard that!” Kris' muffled voice says from behind the door.

 

“Glad you aren’t deaf!” I reply back.

 

After lying in bed wondering why I have to endure something as cruel as school, I pull back the covers and walk into the bathroom to take a quick shower. School... not my scene. Rowdy, hormonal boys and catty fake girls. Sounds like so much fun! I think while taking my shower. It’s probably better to keep a low profile... I walk back to my room, smelling like Dove soap and see something in front of my floor. Placed under a pair of black combat boots lies a pale pink box with a ribbon tied around it. I pick it up along with the boots and enter my room. I definetly like the boots.

 Inside the box is a school uniform. I pull out a brown tweed blazer, white blouse, plaid bow and a red plaid skirt.SAK3XG6xOYluqDFAvc6epxKR5mzyqLkoaDLqJFfj

 

As I am putting it on I hear someone knock on my door. “Hurry up if you want breakfast Y/N!” they yell.

“Okay, coming.” I pull my hair which is curly from being in a braid for the past two days into a ponytail, since I don't want it in my face and put on the black combat boots.

Satisfied with how I look in the full length mirror, I slowly make my way downstairs and into the dining room. I'm not particularly eager to see the guys after that thing with Chen a few days ago but theres no avoidibg it now.

Everyone is already sitting down at the table when I walk in, laughing and eating happily. I smile at the big array of food on the table, I guess it's necessary for seven people eating breakfast. The room suddenely grows quiet once I walk into view.  A whispered Woah can be heard, and I see the boys all looking at me in surprise and some in awe.

“What?" I ask, picking up a slice of toast from the table.

 

“Nothing.. you just look really nice?” Luhan grins, recovering first from their silence. He hands me a bowl of fruit and I reluctantly take it, wondering why hes acting nice to me. 

 

“Why do you sound so surprised?” Have these guys never seen a girl before? Or just not one as beautiful as me? Not!

 

Chen suddendly stands up and walks over to me. My heart beats fast as he gets closer to me. I wonder what hes gonna say to me- He bumps into my shoulder, only mumbling “Move” as he makes his way to a smalk tabke behind me with water and juice in it. I roll my eyes and chide myself. What did I actualky think was gonna happen. He was apologize? Yeah right.

The room resumes its earlier chatter, the boys excluding Kris and Chen greeting me good morning. I ignore them.

Kris begins talking before I even begin eating “Five minutes before we leave, so hurry up." The guys start to pack up, putting away their plates and grabbibg their backpacks. I remain standing, still chewing on my toast. "And Y/N.." I look up and see his blank face turned to me. I nod to let him know I'm listening. " Your name is now Marina because I didn’t remember your name when I registered you. Got it?" He doesn't wait for me to reply and just stands up walking out of

Just great, now I have to answer to a fake name. School just keeps getting better and better. I violently stab an apple wedge from my bowl of fruit salad, when Tao swipes it out of my hand and takes a bite.

“Yah!”

 

“Hehe, I think we just shared an indirect kiss,” he winks and walks away, sashying his in a triumpt manner.

 

I try to chase after him but Xiumin stops me and shakes his head. “Theres no time for that, we have to go”

I notice he and I are the last one in the room so I follow Xiumin when he starts walking out of the house.

“Wow...This place is huge!” I say looking up at the house. With it's five stories, stone walkway and well tended garden, the house is worthy of being in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I walk around the house to get a view of the back. I look up and see the two balconies, a vast open field and the woods in the distance.

 

“Where am I...” I whisper to myself in amazement.

 

“What are you doing! Hurry up, we have to go!” I hear Lay yell from the front of the house so I run over. I see him standing by a black van waving me over while everyone files into the car.

 

Who are these guys...really? I make my way to the car and get in. We drive off, traveling deeper and deeper into the woods.