XXI: Dalnim

Dark Visions

I gaze into his eyes and once again I feel like the dark brown of his irises are really familiar, like I spent a lot of time looking into them. Before I can think about it anymore the soft pads of his fingers come in contact with my forehead and I gasp because a surge of pure electricity passes through my body. My eyes roll to the back of my skull and the last thing I hear is “See you on the other side,” before I’m into the familiar dark void of my consciousness. A vision.

 

“Vroom-vroom. Beep-beep~!”

My eyes burst open at the foreign voice.

The sounds are followed by a child’s bubbly infectious laughter that just makes me want to smile. The room is dim, the only source of light being the standing lamp in the corner faintly illuminating the room. I blink rapidly trying to adjust to the dim lighting. I look around but all I can make out are a whole bunch of large dark objects around the room.

 

I wonder what Woobin wants to show me. Wait, he wanted to show me something? How does he even know about my visions and how to trigger them? How does he know anything about me? I guess thats what I’ll find out in this vision but its still unsettling to know someone knows way more about me than I myself know.

 

I don't really understand how my visions work but they are usually memories from my past that have leaked through the high walls of my amnesia, like the flashback I had when in front of Kris or they are triggered by someone touching me and I experience a memory of theirs that is usually related to the situation at hand, like with Tao in the car. I wonder if my visions can be of things not only in the past but in the future, can I... predict things?

 

When my eyes adjust I realize the objects in the room are furniture: three couches, a tv and its stand, two small tables and a coffee table fill up the space that I’m guessing is the living room. A small boy sits on the floor in front of the black tv rolling a small monster truck across the surface of the wooden floor. Once again the vroom-vroom sound effects slip through his lips as he plays with his toy glee written all over his face. A woman sitting next to him smiles and ruffles his hair with love shining in her eyes. His mother probably. As he continues to play with his toy her amused smile fades and a worried look replaces her features as she gazes down at her son. She lets her hand fall from his hair before she lifts herself off the ground, she checks the watch on her wrist once she is upright. She paces across the room before striding over to the couch closest to her son. With an impatient sigh she sets her body on the edge of the couch as if shes ready to spring up at any moment. She reminds me of a lioness stalking a gazelle, waiting patiently on her haunches but instead of a gazelle, she’s glaring at the door.

 

I take my eyes off the women when I hear the boy’s joyful laughter. I bend down and look at the boy finding it adorable how happy he is because of his toy. The little boy has ebony black hair and kind brown eyes, he looks about three. Suddenly he lifts his head as if he can feel my presence and seems to stares right through me, his pupils dilate shining with concern. His kind brown eyes seems vaguely familiar and I blink wondering why. I also wonder why it seems like he can see me, I should be like a ghost unseen, but then I realize it’s because of a sound behind me.

 

I turn to see two figures, male and female leaning over a crib. The sound of a baby coughing inside was what caught the little boy's attention.

 

The boy’s mother laughs at her spot on the couch, “Woobin-ah~.”

 

I whirl around at the name seeing it directed at the boy sitting on the floor. He looks over at his mother, responding to the name. That’s little toddler Woobin! This is the kid verison of the tall very slightly intimidating werewolf I met in the woods? Wow he looks surprisingly cute. I don’t know what I expected toddler Woobin to look like. A smirking child with arched eyebrows? Maybe not... but I definitely didn’t expect this cute little boy. Now I’m really curious about this vision.

 

“Do you want to go see the baby?” His mother asks and he nods excitedly. He stands up and reaches a hand out to her, and she chuckles, “Aigoo, look at you Woobin-ah already acting like a Guardian.”  She takes his hand and leads him to the crib.

 

There’s that word again. Guardian. I guess he wasn’t lying about him being a Guardian, but is he my Guardian. And if he is, what does that mean?

 

I walk with them towards the baby but I'm more curious about the couple. Woobin climbs onto the nearby couch so he can actually see the baby and he smiles widely. Even though the couple looks to be in their early twenties, the way they are looking down into the crib with so much love in their eyes tells me they are the parents of the child. But I’m confused as to why they look so sad and worried, it’s similar to the expression that seemed to eventually ease it’s way on Woobin’s mother face when her amusement at her son's antics died down. The only people not affected by the sad atmosphere are Woobin and the baby girl in the crib, he laughs when the she kicks her feet into the air and a giggle escapes her lips.

 

The father silently pulls away from his daughter who has gained everyone's attention with her adorable smile. He walks over to the base of the stairs that is located behind one of  the couches and picks up a duffle bag thats lies there. He passes right through me on his way and I gasp in shock because I momentarily forgot this was a vision. Meaning I’m not visible or solid. I follow him curious as to what he is doing. He places the duffle bag which is already half-way filled with baby clothes and bottles on one of the couches and frantically but purposefully begins filling it with photo albums, toys, money and other things. But when he opens a small table with a drawer and pulls out a stack of letters tied with a ribbon, he pauses and visibly relaxes. I swear I can see his eyes begin to water as he looks down at the letters. He kisses them and gently places the letters into a side pocket of the bag, he zips the pocket shut before continuing packing with calmer movements now.

 

The mother as if she just now realized he wasn't by her side anymore, looks around until her eyes find him by the couch packing. In a quiet voice she calls out to him, her expression blank as if she doesn’t have the time to deal with emotions, "Kang Joon, please come look at our beautiful daughter. It- it may be the last time we get a chance to."

 

His hands stop their busy movements and his whole body stills, "You know we can't afford to think like that Soo Hyun. We have to believe in our pack. They are strong, very strong, they'll fight with everything they've got. I know they won't let the Blood Clan come here. They won't." When he speaks his voice is clear and loud, the voice of a leader.

 

My gaze falls on his now motionless arm where I see the weird moon tattoo that (adult)Woobin also has on his arm. Why would they both have the same tattoo? Who is the Blood Clan and why are they fighting this guy’s pack? What does any of this have to do with me?

 

Woobin’s mother as if sensing where this conversation is going, grabs Woobin’s hand and  moves away from the crib and couple to the opposite side of the room to give them some privacy. I wonder how Woobin and his mother are related to this couple.

 

Now the mother of the baby, Soo Hyun, turns her whole body around, her face finally showing emotion, frustration. Her eyes are red from emotion and I don’t mean from crying. Her eyes are bright Shifter red. They are werewolves I realize, maybe this has to do with the tattoo they all share. (including Woobin’s mother)

 

"Look at you Kang Joon! Look at what you're doing. You are packing an escape bag because you know how this will end. You know our pack, no matter how strong, proud, nor brave, are no match against Minwoo! Minwoo's pack is filled with savages! Savages that are here for one thing! Our daughter, our baby! So don’t you stand there and tell me lies you yourself can't even pretend to believe."

 

By now the baby is crying and  the fighting stops automatically. They immediately gravitate towards her crib, I along with them. It’s as if there is some invisible force that’s pulling us to her. I stride forward and my eyes fall on the beautiful baby girl that wails inside her crib.

I note the two birthmarks on the left side of her forehead and smile because I have them in the exact same place, I call them my snake bites.

 

Soo Hyun reaches down and picks up her baby, she soothingly shushes her(I notice the same moon tattoo is inked on her skin too) "Everything will be alright angel. We are going to get you out of here. They will never be able to take you away from us."

 

I look at Soo Hyun, the baby’s mother, and see doubt in her eyes as she comforts her baby, I can tell she doesn’t believe the words she says. I find it interesting how she scolds her husband for doing that when she is guilty of the same crime. The baby calms down almost as soon as she sees her parent’s faces and I smile at how precious that is.

Kang Joon gazes at his daughter smiling when she wraps a small hand around his finger that was fixing her bib, she giggles without a care in the world.A few moments pass as his smile slowly fades, I can tell he has a lot on his mind. He lets go of his daughter's hand, walking away as he does it.

He sits on the edge of one of the couches and hangs his head,"Damn you Minwoo. I don't understand why anyone would want to harm someone so innocent, so beautiful. He claims its because of that stupid prophecy, apparently she’s one of the Great Thirteen Shifters...she’s “gifted”. So does that give him reason to take her away?“ He lifts his head up and scoffs at the ceiling , “She hasn't even said her first word yet. Can you believe that? She hasn’t walked or seen the world beyond the walls of this house! How does he expect us to just give her away to him? Soo Hyun, what are we gonna do?"

 

I can't help but agree, why would anyone want to hurt a baby. It's inconceivable that anyone would want to hurt someone so precious. My eyes linger back to Soo Hyun as she turns around and walks over to Kang Joon. My mouth drops open when she turns towards me. Now that I'm closer I can see her face clearly and the fact that it eerily resembles my own, only older. Our noses, the shape of our lips, our mannerisms are identical. Before I can be too concerned over the fact that she looks too similar to me a loud banging at the door captures all our attention.

 

"k-Kang Joon, i-it’s me," the male voice sounds weak and muffled through the door but Kang Joon seems to recognize the voice because he quickly smiles, his earlier unease draining out of his body.

 

He jumps off the couch so quickly and gazes at Soo Hyun with a smug look," What did I say, not even Minwoo and his Blood Clan can take down our pack. Look, Woo Sung is already back." He gestures to the door where the knocking continues with  a smirk plastered on his face. “Woo Sung~ I thought I told you to call me sir~” His words hold no spite but amusement and teasing.

 

“This really isn’t the time to have that conversation again, Joonie~" replies the muffled voice.  Kang Joon frowns at the nickname. Woobin's mother must recognize the voice too because she rushes over to the door with urgency, a relieved grin plastered on her face. But when she unlocks it and pulls the door open, a man with blood running down his face and dirt smeared on his clothes stumbles in.

 

"Yeobo!" she screams, trying to hold his weight as he falls against her, this must be her husband. Kang Joon’s face is wiped of all mirth as he rushes over to help Woobin's mom because she can't support all his weight.

 

They lead him over to the nearest couch as gently as possible because there is a huge gash in his side. As they pass me I notice his clothes are torn, four slashes digging into his obliques as blood gushes from it. Claws. I can recognize them right away from unfortunately having them mark my skin a few times, werewolf claws.

 

Woobin who had returned to playing with his monster truck, shoots up from the ground. As he runs towards the man his toy clatters to the floor. Even though he is young he can recognize his the man is hurt. With wide eyes he shakes the man’s knee, asking “Appa are you okay?” over and over again. I swear my heart breaks right then as I watch Woobin. His dad weakly smiles and nods his head towards Woobin, eyelids heavy as blood trickles from his lips. The color in his face is draining away, along with the blood from his side but he still says, "I'm just fine Woobin-ah. Appa is just fine."

 

"Woo Sung what-what happened?" Kang Joon asks clearly confused and shocked.

 

Woo Sung turns to Kang Joon and lifts his drooped eyelids to look at him, "They passed the edge of the woods. I wanted to war-" He starts coughing blood, spraying Woobin who stands in front of him with small droplets of red liquid. The terrified look on Woobin’s face is indescribable as he lifts his tiny shaky hands up to wipe the blood off his face. He stares at it as it coats his pale fingers. Woo Sung continues when the coughing subsides.

 

"There were so many Joonie, we were waaay outnumbered. Minwoo must have picked up a lot of new pups these past years, strong ones. I really, like really suggest you leave now it’s not safe for-”

His words stop as his face contorts into an expression of anguish as he clenches his side where blood seems to flow out quicker.

 

Woobin’s mom stands behind Woobin frozen while tears endlessly rolling down her face as she watches her husband writhe in pain. Soo Hyun call out to her in a soothing but firm voice, “Hana... you’re the best healer in our clan, shouldn’t you be doing something instead of just watching your husband suffer?” Woobin’s mom, Hana, seems to finally snap out of whatever daze she was in and looks up at Soo Hyun. She slowly nods, “Yeah...yeah I should.” Soo Hyun tilts her head in the direction of the bathroom and Hana darts off to get what she needs to help her husband.

 

Then it’s like I’m also shaken out of my daze or like I’m taking off headphones because my ears are unexpectedly pummeled by a symphony of sounds. People screaming outside, the sound of glass breaking and wolves howling in the distance. It’s as if with the man’s arrival, disorder has taken over the town. Through the window I see a sudden burst of light before it spreads and the flames dance wildly, a fire. The air is filled with sounds of destruction and fear and the baby, understandably, begins crying. (Toddler) Woobin soon joins her as his mother comes back in the room and begins cleaning and dressing Woo Sung’s wounds. A spine-chilling scream erupts from his throat as the alcohol comes in contact with his layers of exposed flesh and muscle. Woobin cries for his dad’s pain.

 

Soo Hyun picks up her baby girl trying to calm her down even in the midst of all the craziness. Hana rushes back into the kitchen only to come back with a heated cup of some foul smelling suspicious purple liquid.  Woo Sung turns away when Hana tries to make him drink the strange fluid but when she tells him it will greatly speed up his healing process he reluctantly downs the drink.

 

The air is filled with chaotic sounds and I have no idea what to do or listen to. I don’t understand how everything happened so fast, I try to comprehend as much as I can. This Minwoo guy must be the leader of the Blood Clan, the one that is fighting Kang Joon’s pack. Woo Sung is part of Kang Joon’s pack but eh just came back all messed up so does that mean their pack lost? And apparently this fight has something to do with this little baby girl, but what is it?

 

Kang Joon pulls at his hair frustrated and distraught as he paces around the room. In the midst of his mental battle he pushes a glass vase full of red peonies off one of the table and it comes crashing to the floor with a devastating sound adding to the growing chaos. The peonies spill across the floor in a wet mess, glass shards scattered around them. We all halt at the unexpected loud sound, all our attention on Kang Joon.

 

“Who did we lose,” he growls, head lowered but his voice still projects loudly now that the room is quite, a tense silence surrounds us as he speaks.

 

Without hesitating Woo Sung begins listing off the names of the deceased, “Tae Hyuk, Hoon, SeungWon, MinHyuk, Jiyong, Minho. There are probably more by now, I escaped about 20 minutes ago, like a coward. ” He scoffs lowering his head, his hair drenched with sweat falls over his eyes shadowing them. But the words he speaks are darker. “I wanted to warn you but it seems like it’s too late. I apologize...with my injury it took longer than I wanted and now they are here. We weren’t strong enough, Kang Joon. I’m so sorry I wasn’t strong enough. I’m supposed to protect you and I can’t even do that. I don’t deserve to be a Guardian.”

 

Kang Joon’s head snaps up, his eyes wide and burning a deep red.“Stop! You have nothing to apologize about! I should be the one apologizing! Minwoo is doing all this, “ he says with a flourish of his hand gesturing to the destruction outside, “...destroying our community, killing our family, our clan, our pack because of me! This is his revenge for-for..” his eyes quickly flit over to Soo Hyun before settling back on Woo Sung“...taking something precious from him and now he wants to take something precious from me, claiming its because of that stupid prophecy!” His eyes are blazing bright red now and his body is shaking. Most people would just think it’s anger but I know It’s more than that.  His anger which I know can be a very strong blinding emotion is causing him to shift.

 

“This isn’t even your fight, this fight is personal and as alpha I should be fighting alongside my pack. I’m the true coward here!”

 

I can see the steam rising off of him and his canines begin to elongate. He takes off his shirt before it just completely ignites from his blazing anger and lets it fall to the ground. Woo Sung tries to stand up from his chair to restrain his friend from doing anything stupid but he isn’t in any condition at all to try and stop an angry 6 foot, muscled grown man.

 

Soo Hyun puts her daughter down safely in her crib before stepping forward to stop her husband. “Kang Joon don’t do anything rash! Think with your head, this is exactly what Minwoo is counting on! Woo Sung tell him! You’re his Guardian, he’ll listen to you.”

 

Kang Joon ignores his wife's pleas and only addresses Woo Sung, who has his head bent down in shame,  “If I don’t come back...please take care of Soo Hyun and my little girl. Take them out of here, as far away as possible, across the ocean if need be.You know what we’ve talked about.”

 

Woo Sung’s head snaps up and his eyes wide in disbelief, he begins to protest but Kang Joon stops him by putting up his hands. He closes his eyes and in a pleading voice begs, “Please. Woo Sung. Do this is as your final act as my Guardian. No.. do this as my best friend, my brother.”

 

Woo Sung opens his mouth to say something but closes it as he sees the look in his friend’s eyes. He sighs and lowers his head muttering out a feeble okay. Kang Joon turns to Soo Hyun but she just glares at Woo Sung for giving in so easily. Kang Joon saunters over to her and cups her face in his hands. She pushes her husband away as he tries to kiss her goodbye, her eyes watering, “No. No! You are not leaving me Seo Kang Joon!”  She argues pounding her fists against his chest. “There...there has to be another way.” He wraps his arms around her pulling her close as tears spill from her eyes. I can tell she’s been strong for too long.

 

“This is the only way, my love. Take care of her. When you tell her about me... make sure to make me sound cool okay? But... I don’t want her to know the reason why I’m not there. She should be able to live a peaceful life and not have to worry about the mess her parents left for her. I love you Soo Hyun. I love you so much.” He kisses her forehead and begins to pulls away-

 

I’ll go,” she blurts out.

 

He freezes and looks down at his wife, “what?”

 

She looks up meeting his confused gaze, “I’ll go out there. Minwoo won’t hurt me. He...he still loves me. I- I can try to reason with him and then he mi-”

 

“No,” Kang Joon’s voice is cold and hard. His eyes blaze red at only the thought, “It’s too dangerous.”

 

She wiggles out of his hold, frustration written on her face,“I don’t care Kang Joon! Am I not also a Shifter? I’m just as strong as any of the other pack members, you should know that by now. I have to do what I can. I’m the only one Minwoo will listen to!”

 

“Soo Hyun, please just listen to m-”

 

“Do you see that precious child right there,” she points to the crib, “if we don’t stop them they are gonna come for her! They are gonna take her! Is that what you want? Kang Joon is that what you want? Push your pride aside, our daughter’s life, the lives of our clan members, our pack members are at stake! I’m coming with you no matter what. We have to do this together, all of this is happening because of us. And I’ll be damned if you try to stop me.” Her chest heaves up and down after she finishes her rant, she glares at him daring him to contradict her.

 

Kang Joon looks down at her, searching her eyes but only find determination in them.  After a few tense moments he exasperatedly sighing then nods his head, agreeing to his wife's demands.  She smiles a bitter smile, whispering a weak, “good.” He just shakes his head and turns away as if he can't believe what he just agreed to.

“Hana,” Soo Hyun calls as she turns toward her daughter’s crib.

 

Hana lifts her head from where she’s dressing Woo Sung’s other wounds. There is color back in his face which is great, I wonder what that drink was because it seems to work quickly.

 

“ You are about to become a mother of two.” Soo Hyun commands gazing down at her daughter who giggles at the sight of the familiar face. Soo Hyun’s lips involuntarily curl into a smile.

 

Hana’s eyes widen at what her friend is implying, “But Soo Hy-”

 

Soo Hyun whirls around towards Hana, her face a perfect mask of nothingness but her eyes hold so much pain, “ Hana, this is already hard enough. If we don’t come back, promise me you won’t tell her about us. She doesn’t need to know about the parents that failed to keep her safe. Raise her as your own, Hana. Make sure she’s happy, okay? I just want her to be happy and safe.”

 

Hana stares at her friend who looks so vulnerable as she talks about the possibility of not returning, who is struggling to hold herself together. Hana stands up and trudges her way over to her friend, tears welling up in her eyes. Soo Hyun meets her half way and they wrap their arms around each other, no empty space between them as Hana releases her tears. Soft sobs can be heard from their embrace and I look away as emotions surge up inside of me. I wonder once again why I am witnessing this. What does this heartbreak have to do with me? Woo Sung struggles to stand up from his chair while Kang Joon just stares blankly at the wall. “Kang Joon,” he calls out and the man turns at his name, he walks over to help Woo Sung up. They hug tightly.

 

“Sorry, I couldn’t protect you.”

 

“Don’t be. You are protecting me by protecting the most precious thing in my life, you’re protecting my little girl.”

 

They all know what is to happen, Kang Joon and Soo Hyun will not return once they walk out of those doors because death waits for them out there no matter how hard they try to deny it. My gaze drifts over to Woobin who is witnessing everything with wide innocent eyes, standing by himself as he wonders what is going on. Why is everyone crying? The embraces break apart and Kang Joon and Soo Hyun make their way to their daughter’s crib. Soo Hyun’s face glistens with fresh tears and her chest heaves up and down as she snivels. Kang Joon lifts his daughter out of her crib cradling her in his arms. I notice how his hands tremble slightly. He smooths her hair down and closes his eyes before placing a tender kiss on her forehead. “I love you. Be safe. Be happy. I know you will grow up to become a wonderful Shifter with great gifts. I...I wish I could be there to see your first shift. I wish I could be there for all your firsts, but just know I love you. I will always love you.”

 

He smiles, eyes crinkling as she giggles and stares back with her large doe eyes. He closes his eyes and kindly places his lip on her cheek before gently placing her in Soo Hyun’s waiting hands. She doesn’t say anything but instead snuggles her baby close. She looks up at the ceiling as her irises begin to glisten, growing more moist as the truth of what she is about to do fully dawns on her. She clenches her jaw, thinking about how unfair life truly is and also  frustrated with the little time she has spent with the precious bundle in her arms. She bites her lip not wanting to let her sobs escape as her tears do now, like a water hose on full blast. But what she doesn’t know is that life is fair because of the fact that it’s unfair to everybody. She lowers her head and places fleeting kisses all over her daughter’s face, on her hands, her feet everywhere just trying to focus on what she is protecting instead of what she’s sacrificing.

 

“You ready?” asks Kang Joon’s tired low voice. Soo Hyun lowers her daughter into the crib and nods, slowly pulling away, her eyes never leaving her daughter’s big innocent ones. Kang Joon slips his hand in hers and she turns to him with a grateful smile.

 

He smiles back, “Let’s go.” she squeezes his hand knowing this is hard for him too. They walk towards the door with heavy steps. The white wooden rectangle that separates them from the chaos outside is just a foot away now and Kang Joon wraps his hand around the knob ready to turn it and enter this night of destruction when Soo Hyun turns around looking back at the crib which I stand behind now.

 

"I love you Dalnim," she whispers with so much affection and warmth in her voice.

 

I stare down at the baby girl in the crib and she stares back at me with familiar eyes. My breathing seems to stop and my eyes begin to water. It feels like I’ve been punched in the gut. Somewhere deep within me I know that the birthmark this child and I share isn’t a coincidence or that the fact Soo Hyun resembles me isn’t one either. Something tells me that Dalnim is my name, my real name. She is calling out to me...her daughter, telling me she loves me.

 

My eyes flit up to look at Soo Hyun who seems to be looking right at me as liquid sadness drops from her eyes. A sad smile curls graces her lips as if she can sense me there, all grown up now. She turns back around and glances at her husband who pulls the door open. The scenes of wreckage, the torched trees, wood houses burning, massive wolves fighting, people screaming as they running away from the death by fire or werewolves can be seen before Soo Hyun and Kang Joon step through the doorway hands clasped together into the chaos. The door closes behind them with a sense of finality.

 

Goodbye.    

 

My hands clench into fists as I quickly lower my head letting the tears fall to the ground in rapid succession. I finally let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding and along with it a choking sob as I take in convulsive gasps. I clench my teeth and squeeze my eyes tightly shut but the tears still fall like they can’t stand to remain in this body that holds so much internal turmoil. A storm of negative emotions rages on inside of me as I think about what could be happening to my parents out there. These past months that I’ve been living with the boys my mind has wandered over the thought of why no one was searching for me. Why did it seem like I was alone in this world, having to just accept this new life with the boys. These past few months the guys have kinda become my new family but now that I actually know about my real one I mourn and long for them.

 

Hana tiredly sighs, “We should leave too. When Minwoo sees that Dalnim isn’t with them, this is the first place he is going to check.” She picks up the duffel bag Kang Joon packed earlier and hurriedly trudges up the stairs to get other things. Woo Sung who looks way better than he did when he came in stands up with some difficulty and walks over to my crib. He picks me up(baby form) and puts me into the car seat that sits on one of the couches. Woobin(toddler) walks over to us and sits on the couch in front of my car seat and pulls down the cover so it shields my face.

 

Woo Sung plops down next to Woobin with a low hiss as his side rubs against the leather, “Looks it’s just up to you and me Woobin. You have to do a better job than me as a Guardian, I can’t believe I just let him walk out like that...” Woo Sung stares at the door with his eyes glazed over, suddenly he turns to Woobin with a serious expression.” Woobin,” the boy turns at the sound of his name.

 

“ You have to protect Dalnim no matter what. That’s your job as her Guardian, I know it will be rough because Minwoo won’t stop until he gets her, but you have to do it. You have to protect her...okay buddy?” Woobin slowly nods , not fully understanding but knowing it’s important by the tone of his father’s voice.

 

Hana comes back into the room with a few more bags probably filled with clothes and food. “Time to go. It’ll probably be best if we take the back door.”

 

Woo Sung nods and lifts himself off the couch, grunting a little he picks up my car seat and gestures Woobin off the couch. They quickly follow Hana as they make their way through the house towards the back door. Once outside, we can hear the fighting. Werewolves snarling, howling and whimpering and even the sound of trees cracking after a werewolf gets tossed against it . We have to stay low so people can’t see us as we make our way to a dark green Jeep Wrangler, perfect for the forest terrain. Woo Sung situates Woobin and baby me in the back  of the car, buckling us in an everything. When he is done he makes his way to the driver’s seat but Hana shakes her head insisting he need to rest because of his wounds and that he should sit in the passenger seat. Woo Sung disagrees. I take this moment to walk over to the back of the car and watch the fighting and destruction going on in the center of the town.

 

I see Soo Hyun and Kang Joon talking to a man with glowing pale skin that contrast his midnight black hair. An aura of power but darkness surrounds him and something tells me that this is that Minwoo guy. He is tall and looks built, it seems like a smirk is permanently tattooed onto his face. Two equally menacing man flank his side, ready for action. There is a dangerous glint in his eyes as he speaks when suddenly his eyes flash a red so brilliant I can see it from this far away. He looks like pure evil. Whatever he is saying is making Kang Joon angry because he rushes towards the Minwoo but Soo Hyun holds him back, slipping her fingers into his . Minwoo frowns at the action.

 

Despite Soo Hyun’s warning, Kang Joon begins to shift turning into a massive wolf with beautiful golden brown fur. His shift is almost instantaneous, like he is more comfortable in his wolf form anyways. Minwoo yells something and the two guys behind him launch themselves at Soo Hyun as the he shifts too. Kang Joon hurls himself at the guy and they begin fighting, a clash of teeth and claws, each of their movements swift and purposeful. Soo Hyun throws kicks and punches at the two guys trying to grab her.

 

She looks like a martial arts fighter, throwing roundhouse kicks and strong punches until one of them knocks her off her feet and grabs her as she falls to the ground. The other henchman wipes the blood off his face from one of her kicks and brings back his hand to slap her. I scream with all I’ve got for her to run away, for them to stop hurting my... my mother but of course no one hears me. I’m not really here. This is just a memory and we all know we can’t change the past no matter how much we want to.

 

Soo Hyun just spits at him and tries to kicks him in the groin but he easily sidesteps her. He punches her in the gut and she doubles over, what kind of a coward does that? He take something out of his pocket and covers her face with it, a rag. Just like the time I was kidnapped, she struggles to get out of the guys grip but slowly her efforts become more useless until her body goes limp. It’s like deja vu. They begin to carry her away but Kang Joon who was watching his wife while trying to fight sees this and tries to stop the men. Minwoo, who is now a wolf the color of ink,  sees this as an opportunity and sinks his teeth into Kang Joon’s neck. Kang Joon lets out a broken howl and I turn around and scream at Hana and Woo Sung to do something, to help my parents but they can’t hear me. They are still arguing about who is a better driver.  

 

A low growl cuts their argument short, and we turn around and see a werewolf...no a Shifter no.. a... whatever you want to call it. All I know is that it’s a massive wolf with gleaming red eyes, saliva dripping from it’s canines and it’s standing 200 meters away slowly stalking its way toward us and it doesn't look happy. At all. Hana dashes into the driver seat and Woo Sung into the passenger seat as the werewolf begins sprinting after the revving car. I stand frozen as the wolf comes bounding towards me and launches itself into the air. My eyes widen as it open’s it’s muzzle exposing sharp large teeth mere inches from my face, the rotten smell overwhelming my sense. I feel my eyes fluttering shut, the shadows blending into themselves until everything is washed in black. There is no light here, there never was.

 

“Dalnim?”

 

Darkness still surrounds me and I have an urge to just dwell in the darkness. I don’t have the strength to open my eyes. No more like I don’t want to open my eyes, it has nothing to do with strength but with will. Soo Hyun and Kang Joon. They were my parents. My parents died for me. My parents were Shifters... the one thing I fear, the thing that attacked me.

I wish I could just stay in this black void, because once I open my eyes that’s when it becomes real. Everything feels so hollow and empty, my mind trying to piece all the new information together, trying to connect the past, present and future. I’m trying to understand. One thing is for sure,  have to open my eyes and face reality sometime.

“Hey... so does that uhh... answer some of your questions?” Woobin. Right... he’s waiting for me, all I have to do is open my eyes. If I want more answers then I have to open my eyes.

So I do.

The present has never felt so bitter.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Updated June 30, 2014

Been awhile huh? Hehe long update hope you guys enjoy!! ^^ Next chapter is gonna be a lot too, more drama and revaltions..

Tattoo again: kUp29Ae6um_fI8C8KRYCNFlbZLOM04Bdv0KNI1AY

Town setup, massive cabin homes like this all over. Imagine a summer camp, that's kinda how it is:bpo7UCPaYYq02iSH1noLEfDZfl_pP8YdhdV2NxR-

Kang Joon, Soo Hyun, Woo Sung and Hana’s house. Woo Sung and Hana live with Kang Joon and Soo Hyun because Woo Sung is Kang Joon’s Guardian. He has to keep an eye on him you know. Kang Joon is the alpha... lol his house has to be grand:

LZt7_OsakRKLhWE8Racvl9e4oCPrlKEOW_12AJSl