XII: Things

Dark Visions

 

After the whole... ahem situation with Suho, the rest of the day just kind of blurred together with me in a daze. Soon I find myself in the car, driving towards the house in the woods.

*I need to pay attention, so I can actually see where these guys live. Something is off about them..*

I observe every little part of the ride. From the gravel on the road, the random signs, the strange trees, even the little baby bunnies hop. hop. hopping towards the momma bunny.

Aww crap I lost my concentration the little bunnies distracted me!  *Sigh*

 I turn back to the boys in the car, they are all doing separate things. Kris focused on driving, Lay

 humming to the kpop song on the radio absentmindedly. I got my own seat this time  with Tao

seated across from me.  I look back out the window, and see Chen, Luhan and Xiumin’s reflection from the back seat. The eldest are fighting but Chen doesn't even notice them he is busy staring intently at something in front of him. Our eyes meet,  and his cheeks turn a rosy hue and he quickly averts his gaze. I look down at my hand, the one that wrapped around his wrist a few hours ago and I smile.

They all look and act like normal teenage boys. But my instinct is telling me otherwise, that I should look  beneath the surface. I roll down the window hoping the fresh air will clear my head a little. I smile when the wind rustles through my hair and sends the smell of tree sap and pinecones wafting through the air.

“Your hair smells nice.” I face Tao, that drawl could only belong to him.  His face is twisted up in a grimace eyes bright red, full of pain or is it restraint? *Can’t he just act normal for once?*

“Umm thanks, but if I smell nice why do you have that constipated look on your face then?”

He laughs but it comes out strained “Becaus-” His mouth keeps moving but I have stopped listening. I inhale quickly when I feel a sharp pain sear through my skull. My vision tunnels and it feels like I am getting into a black hole. My body goes slack, and I feel my head hit something hard and the darkness covers me like a blanket.

Vision

I open my eyes and wait for the throbbing in my head to subside. I sit up groaning, I wait for my eyes to adjust to the dark. I’m in the woods, the same woods that started all of this.  I hear voices and scramble up to hide behind a tree. Five guys walk out into the clearing, and I recognize them right away. *Oh thank god.* I look around and see my favorite Kung Fu panda is missing.

“Kris! ” I yell but he just ignores me and continues walking. *Rude much?*

“ Xiumin? Lay? Guys? Why is Kris ignoring me? And where is Tao? ” I try pulling on Lay’s arm so hewill face me but my fingers just pass through him like its merely air.

“Omo!” I look down at my hands and see they are transparent and filmy, like some kind of projection. I start to freak out and put a hand to my chest. I feel the erratic dokidoki beat of myheart. I sigh, “At least I’m not dead. But why can’t you guys hear me ?”

After walking for what seemed like an hour Kris glances over his shoulder “Luhan are you sure you saw the wolf we are looking for over here?” Kris says in an accusing tone as he maneuvers through the dark woods like he has done it a million times. I trip over several branches when an owl hoots startling me and lean against a tall pine tree for support.

“Yupp. I remember peeing on that tree ^-^” Luhan says proudly pointing to the very tree I am leaning on.  I yelp and jump away from the tree. I cringe wiping my hands on my pants. When Luhan can actually hear me best believe I will hit him for this.

Chen stops walking “Hey guys I found something.” We all stop walking and crowd around him. He bends down and picks up a piece of ripped fabric, delicate puffs of steam floating off of it.Xiumin breaks the silence as we all stare at the fabric “He can’t be too far, feel how hot it is.”

(A/N:Remember that Shifters have abnormally high body temperature~)

He takes the fabric and hands it to Lay “Use this to track him. We'll follow you.”

           *How did Chen even see that? I can barely see two feet in front of me!*

Lay takes the fabric from Xiumin and says,“You can try, but don’t get mad if you lose sight of me. I’m pretty fast~” he smiles that dimple filled smile when Kris rolls his eyes.

Lay brings it to his nose and inhales deeply, closing his eyes in the process. His nose twitches a few times until he opens his eyes, his eyes  glowing blood red. His lips curls up into a menacing smirk and his features contort into something almost animalistic. The friendly Lay I know is gone and replaced with a...a... the word is just on the tip of my tongue

Predator.”

A cry escapes his lips and I watch in horror as all the skin on his body is replaced with honey colored fur and his cute little nose and pink pouty lips turn into a muzzle and his mouth snaps up exposing long sharp canine teeth. “l-Lay? w-what’s going on?” I ask desperately.

He responds by letting out a small whimper as his body bends over and his legs twist in an inhuman way. I take a hesitant step back and bump in Xiumin and see that he as well as the other four guys are going through the same transformation as Lay.   I can’t keep it in anymore, I scream with everything I have.  

The sound is angry and filled with fear and hatred towards the creatures. It is high and loud, it must have broken through the sound barrier separating me from the boys becausetheir blood red eyes snap up to face like they are just seeing me for the first time.

There is no doubt in my mind that the animal that dragged me into the woods and almost killed me, is also one of these.. these... things.  

**********

I open my eyes with a sharp breath, only to see the same red eyes looming over me.