XVII: Paper Plane

Dark Visions

It’s been awhile since the incident in the woods. The deep gash in my neck has fully healed, but my heart hasn’t. I can't look at the guys or Kai the same. I’ve been trying my best to avoid Kai but it’s hard when he and I practically have all the same classes together.

I walk towards first hour English with Tao trailing silently behind me. It’s been the most awkward with him and I hate it. He has apologized and everything but he still keeps his distance from me. I know that he feels guilty but I just don’t know how to comfort him. I know I should try at least, but it’s hard. Breathing out a sigh, I suddenly stop walking, causing Tao to bump into me.

“Hey, why did you sto-”

I turn around and  wrap my arms around Tao. At first he tenses up but then he slowly relaxes, and I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding. When I pull back he looks down at me with a shocked expression, pools of pink forming on his tan cheeks.

“I’m not mad at you, I know that you didn’t mean to hurt me. So can we please stop this awkwardness between us? I just want my panda back.” I finish with a smile, my smile grows wider when he pulls me back into a hug. I feel him nod against my hair.

“Yeah. I would like that.” he whispers.

“Good.” I pull back and link my arm with his as we walk towards our class.

With that settled I go through the rest of the day feeling relaxed until it happens. Again. Even though my neck wound has healed its been replaced by something else. Since the incident my body has been acting strange. I don’t know why, but my body gets overheated like I have a really high fever. My heartbeat goes crazy and my breathing becomes irregular. It feels like my body is trying to turn itself inside out. I know it sounds crazy but thats the only way I can explain it.

It happens during my fourth hour, Korean Literature. The teacher just finished giving the lesson and left us with fifteen minutes of free time. Everyone is talking about tonights basketball game, not excluding Min and I.

“Who are we playing again?” I say doodling on my notebook, trying my best to look uninterested.

Min look at me in disbelief. “You don’t remember! I’ve only told you about a million times! BigHit high school?”

When I don’t immediately recognize the name she swats me on the arm and I try to hide my amusement.

She continues,“The school with the beautiful boys from Bangtan! Come on you have to remember them!”

I know how much she loves Bangtan because she talks about them nonstop and I mean nonstop. So its only natural for me to about them. I’m such a great friend~

“Oh I remember now! I was just making sure you remembered.”I stick out my tongue which Min rolls her eyes to.

Then she goes on this long rant on why she should move to BigHit high school because then she could date one of the guys from Bangtan but she would feel bad leaving me behind. I reply by saying it’s okay as long as she hooks me up with one of them. I think its safe to say we’ve had this conversation before.

I listen to her talk about how handsome Suga is until I’m distracted by a paper airplane that smoothly glides onto my desk. Suspiciously glancing at the paper, I peer up at Min to see if she sees what I see but I’m shocked when I see her frozen in place.

It’s like time has literally stopped, Min’s mouth stays open in mid-sentence. I wave my hand in front of her face but she remain frozen and unblinking. I start to freak out and I look around  frantically to see everyone in the same state as Min. Frozen in place, like statues.

My eyes fall on the open window in the back of the room that blows in the chilly spring air. It’s the only thing the moves beside me. I shake the thought out of my head almost laughing at how foolish it is. Theres no way anyone could possibly throw it from outside and have it perfectly land on my desk... right? But then I remember that I’ve seen stranger things. Including a whole room of frozen teenagers! Only one thought runs through my mind, it must be a Shifter that caused this.

I focus my attention back on the airplane. Unfolding it with shaking hands, I check once again if anyone is moving. Still, statues.

I hesitate to read the words written in blood red ink, but I know I have to. Someone, a Shifter, wanted me to read it.

In three days time you will face the red moon

whether to find the lost one

without the protection of the sun

or to forever live with shortness of breath

and deteriorating health

you are to decide if it’s too soon

I stare at the red words, trying to make sense of what they mean.

 Grabbing the paper I run to where the open window is. I clutch the windowsill and stick my head out as far as I can hoping to find the person I suspect has given me this riddle.

I scan the area but nothing sticks out. All I see are the same old trees, buildings and cars. Disappointed I head back into the room ready to return to my seat but I pause when something catches my eye. A man in a trench coat. The same man that I saw two weeks ago and the same man that has been appearing in a recurring nightmare of mine.

It’s him! It has to be him doing this!

I turn back to the window, my eyes wide open as I watch. He walks away from the school but when I spot him he slowly turns around like he can feel my eyes on him. I try to steady my palpitating heart as he tilts his bowler hat, greeting me. Even from this distance I can see his fiery red eyes and the way his lips curl up into a menacing smirk. Then he’s gone. He just vanishes.

I frantically turn my head this and that way but he has completely disappeared, leaving me with this strange poem. As soon as he is gone everything goes back to the way it was. Noise and chatter surround me once again but I can't enjoy the comfor it gives me.  I look down at the red writing that match the man’s spine-chilling eyes and that’s when it happens.

My breathing feels labored, I strain to take a deep breath and I fear I’m not going to get it-- the harder I try, the worse it feels. I put my palm over my racing heart, it’s throbbing with such intensity that I crumble to the ground. It feels like I’m having a heart attack. I try my hardest to stand up, I know that I can’t let anyone see me in this state. Especially Kai and the other Shifters, but it’s no use. My body doesn’t comply with my wishes. The last thing I see before my eyes close is Min standing over me. I see tears rolling down her cheeks as she shakes me, worry evident in her eyes. Her lips move but no sound reaches my ears. The pain is so severe that I struggle to keep my eyes open. So I close them and let the darkness consume me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Guys... I actually updated!! Hahaha.. ahem.. not funny. Sorry;( I know I've been showing waaaaay more attention to my other story and I apologize. I hope that you guys enjoyed the new chapter. I don't know when I'm gonna update so I won't make any promises. Stick with me you guys! <3

Love you my sweets  ( ˘ ³˘)❤ Comment, upvote, subscribe whatever you want. ^.^