II: Showers

Dark Visions

Kris POV

I hear the guys' hearts beat quicker  in shock, thrown off by her question. I struggle to keep the surprise off of my face, having worked on keeping a blank face I do a pretty good job but this has taken me totally by surprsie.  All eyes look at me, waiting for me to answer the sudden question. I rack my brain for a random answer.

 “Uhh I'm sure it’s just because of the shock. I wouldn't worry too much about. It will eventually come back."  I try to act nonchalant but I'm everything but that.

 

Truth be told I have no idea why her memory is gone. I've never heard of a Shifter attack resulting in memory loss and that worries me. I also want to know how a Shifter was here and Luhan, our gamma, didn't pick up on his scent. Where we live is pretty remote for good reason, so it's strange we found this girl hurt by one of our one out here. This whole situation is a mystery to me. I need to talk to my pack about this but now isn't the right time. I'm going to need to monitor her and see why this girl is so different. I stand up from the couch and make my way toward her, even trying to smile. It's been awhile since I've used those muscles.

 

             "I have an idea, how about you stay here until your memory returns or until your wounds heal and you feel better? We would feel bad if we just let you back into the world when you don't know anything, right guys?"  

I look around the room and try to communicate with my eyes. It must've worked because my pack nods in understanding, murmuring their agreements.

That's another thing about Shifters, we can pick up on emotions really well. (It helps that Luhan's a telepath but you'll learn about that later in the story heheh)

She bites her lower lip looking uncertain at first, but then she nods her head and reaches her hand out towards me, like it's a business deal.

            "Okay, let's do it." Again I struggle to not show the amusement on my face.This girl just keeps getting stranger,  I swear. But hey what the hell, why not? I actually shake her hand and she nods as if sealing the agreement. 

 

           “Well if that's settled, Xiumin how about you show _______ to her room. Dinner will be ready in 25 minutes. You might want to umm... freshen up." I say earning a few chuckles from the guys but Xiumin nods in understanding.

 

She looks down at her clothes blushing, before letting out a awkward laugh,

          "I guess your right... can we continue this conversation at dinner then?” she replies nervously.Do we scare her that much? In the hallway earlier she was fearless. Interesting... I smirk. It's going to be weird having a girl live her but hopefully now Tao won't walk around .

Lay answers before I can. “Yeah! No problem. You can ask me- I mean us anything you want.”

         "Thanks," she grins, eyes crinkling in apreciation. I don't know how she can do that so easily. Doesn't it hurt to llok so happy?

 

        “No problem.” Lay smiles back, a red tint barely visible on his cheeks. What's going on with them already? Does Lay...already have a crush on her? Glad I didnt ask him to take her to her room , who knows what could've happened;)

 

After Lay and her finish making googly eyes at each other she turns to Xiumin. “Okay lead the way Xiumin-sshi.” He motions for her to walk back through the door in front of him and they disappear into the darkness of the hallway.

End of Kris POV

 

Your POV

He takes me up three flights of stairs and down a hall with three rooms. Two on the right and one on the left. How big is this house? It’s like a castle.

 

        “The one on the left is the bathroom” Xiumin says. “Your room is right across from the bathroom, for easy access. There are clothes and toiletries in your room. If you need anything there is a phone that connects to us downstairs”

 

I bow, “Thanks Xiumin-sshi” For some reason I'm more comfortable around him than the boys. I get a big brother vibe from him, but it might just be because being with them all at the same time is overwhemling to say the least.

     

 "It's nice to meet you ______, I hope you don't feel too intimidated, since you're in a house full of guys." Nope not at all. -_- 

"Just let me know if any of the boys give you any trouble. I can ruffle them up for you." I laugh when he winks at me.        "Hahah okay, you'll be the first one I tell."

      Like the little gentleman he is, he opens the door for me. "Alright I'll leave you to it then." I enter the room and he nods goodbye before closing the door and leaving me to get ready.

 

“Whoa...” I blurt out when I turn on the lights. The room, or should I say my room, has a huge King sized bed with lime green

and blue covers, pillows and even a cute Hello Kitty doll on it. The room is massive, and I like it. I walk to a set of doors.

Where does this lea- “ A balcony!” I exclaim as a cold wintery blast of wind pushes back the doors.

The moon is full tonight. The moon, its pale light lights up the dark sky. It lluminates the trees that look like skeletal hands reaching up to grab the pearly orb.

 

I walk forward until I'm leaning against the railing, barely noticing the room on my left also has a balcony.“This is kinda high.. atleast five stories high.” Suddenly the sound of a wolf howling can be heard in the distance. 

My heart skips a beat as the howling continues I walk backwards suddenly on edge because of the wolf. I close the doors shivering. 

 A warm shower would be perfect right now. I walk towards the vanity mirror, no matter how old fashioned, I love it.

I see the basket of toiletries and a towel so I pick them up. Now for clothes.. I see a door frame with no door attached. I walk towards it and pull the string hanging from the ceiling. Light spills over the room and I grin.

A walk-in-closet! Yes! 

It has everything a girl could want. Skirts, jeans, dresses, sweaters,shirts, and.. SHOES!!

 

I look through the jeans,"Levis.. Levis... Levis." every pair of jeans are of Levis brand. "Looks like someone really likes Levis huh" I whisper under my breath as I look through them. I finally pick a pair of black Levis' and a white sweater.

        "Okay I'm all set” I say as I turn off the light and walk towards the bathroom.

 

Kris POV

 

I walk up the stairs to my room, the hallway has three rooms and my room is on the right._____ huh?  I open the door to my room. Is this such a good idea? I just hope she doesn't get in the way of my plans. 

My train of throught is derailed by a foul smell, my wolf nose extra sensetive to even the faintest of scents.    

  “Is that me?” I say smelling myself. I definitely need to take a shower. I still smell like blood and wet dirt even though it has been three days since I found that girl in the woods.her injures had a her knocked out long enough for us to do some shopping for her room and make some adjestments like hiding certain things.

 

“Of course I was the one who had to find her,” I mutter to myself. Not being able to stand the stubborn stench, I quickly grab my towel and head to the bathroom to take yet another shower.

 

I open the door only to find you in a towel.

 

"Get out!!" you shriek, eyes wide, cheeks growing red.

 

"Oh don't be so shy," I lean against the door frame smirking at the sight in front of me.

 

You throw a washcloth at me and I catch it effortlessly.

 

Laughing I say,"Okay. Okay. I'm leaving. You might want to think about locking the door next time."

 

I retreat towards my room, laughing of course.

 

I play Halo 4 on my Xbox, until I hear the door to the bathroom open and shut. I pause the game to make sure. Is she done? I hear another door open and shut.

 

She must be back in her room. I wait another five minutes before I head to the bathroom.

I knock on the door “Anyone in there?” No reply.  Well here goes I think as I slowly open the door. Empty.

Finally. Bubble time.

 

End of Kris POV