XV: The Big Bad Wolf

Dark Visions

Everything goes still, even the birds melodious chirping goes silent. The only sound is my ragged breathing.  Lay loosens his grip and I am able to push him off. I bite the inside of my cheek, a nervous habit I’ve picked up from watching him . None of them meet my gaze so I walk up to Kris. His face is pale, eyes staring straight ahead showing no emotion.

“How did you find out. His voice deep and brooding, like a backdrop for a funeral.

“Kris!” Luhan whispers.

His head snaps up to glare at Luhan, voice booming, eyes ablaze.

“What, Luhan! She already know!”

If someone were to have cracked an egg onto the top of his head at that moment, the rage that was boiling inside him surely would've fried it easily. I'm taken aback, even though I know they're werewolves and are capable of nasty things I’ve never seen Kris this angry and that’s what truly frightens me.

His attention falls back to me. He takes one step closer to me and I take one step back. We continue this dance until my back hits rough tree bark sending a throbbing pain up and down my spine. I wince. Kris puts his hand on the tree just a few inches away from my head, and peers down at me.

A wave of nostalgia brings a small smile to my lips, we are in the same position we were the first time Kris and I met. I’ll give anything to go back to those naive days when humans were at the top of the food chain, and supernatural creatures were a part of fiction.

“So. How did you find out Marina. Did Kai tell you?”

He leans down and whispers the last part into my ear, “Did he tell you he’s a big bad wolf too?” I sigh unconsciously as his warm breath arouses a few questionable thoughts.

 I shake my head, sending shards of bark astray.

“N-no. He didn’t tell me anything.” even though I suspected Kai and his friends were a part of the lycanthrope species, hearing Kris confirm my suspicion is unsettling.

Kris smiles, lips curling over his teeth, making him look more canine than human. I muster up my courage and stare into his fiery red eyes as long as I can.

“ i-I had a v-vision.” I take a deep breath to calm down my nerves, “I had a vision of you guys changing into Werewolves and chasing after somebody. Kai didn’t tell me anything. But you should’ve.” I surprise myself when I feel warm tears roll down my face. I don’t dare to wipe them away and show how weak I truly am. “Why? Why didn’t you tell me?”

Kris looks shocked, he blinks giving me this uncertain look before backing away finally giving me space. He turns around and heaves a big sigh, only then do I wipe the salty tears away, only to have more tears replace them. I turn around to step away from him but I step on someones foot. I look up and see Chen giving me a stern look until his eyes fall on my cheeks glistening from freshly shed tears. His eyes search mine and I look back down again.

“Hey, look at me.” he places a hand under my chin and tilts it up so I’m looking up into his chocolatey brown eyes.

“It’s okay. Don’t cry” I nod and let him wipe away my tears with the back of his thumb before I feel myself being pulled into his warm embrace. I forget about how I’m supposed to be mad. I guess the reason I was so mad was not because they were werewolves but because the people I trusted were keeping a secret from me.

Kris POV

I turn around ready to apologize to her only to see Chen with his arms wrapped around Marina, her upper body keeps jerking up and down. I barely hear the soft whimpering sounds that slip through her lips. “Nice going Kris.” Chen mouths to me. I can’t help the flood of jealousy and desire as I watch Marina press her body closer to him. What makes it worse is that I’m the cause of her tears and I’m not even able to cheer her up. I rake a hand through my hair in frustration. I walk up to them not thinking with my head but just on impulse.

“Come on let’s go.” I pry her hand away from him and start walking back the way we came, not waiting for her to catch up.

“Woah..Kris hold on.”

“I’ll explain everything, but we should get home before it gets dark .”

She rips her hand away from my grasp, “No. That place isn’t my home. If you have something to tell me, tell me here.” I turn around and watch as she places her feet together in a  stance before crossing her arms stubbornly. Her bangs frame her face perfectly, I stifle the urge to tuck it behind her ear. I sigh and roll my eyes. I open my mouth to answer her but get cut off by Xiumin

“Marina do you really want to be out here when it gets dark and the wolves and scary animals come out? ”

Her eyes widen and she trembles slightly before nodding her head. I smile *Smart thinking hyung*

We walk back to the clearing where the car is. Xiumin, Tao and I are in the lead, Marina behind us and Lay, Chen and Luhan bring up the rear. I don’t want to risk Marina trying to run away again, so I not so secretly steal glances at her once in awhile to make sure she’s still there. We get in the car and everyone heaves a sigh of relief.

“It’s been a loooooong day.” Luhan says but I can hear the smile in his voice.

“You can say that again. Aww man I should have let Marina go, it would have been so funny to watch her slap Kris. ^.^” Lay says looking over his shoulder.

“Oh trust me that can be arranged.” Marina adds in, I just laugh and shake my head.

We’re five minutes away from the house when Tao taps me on the shoulder.

“Gege... it’s happening.” he says in a strained tone. I know what that means. I look up at the sky and see the full moon. * how did I forget tonight's a full moon! The rest of us can hold of the shift until midnight but Tao...he has no control!*

“Do you think you can hold off a while? We aren’t that far from home then I can shif-”

I glance at Marina through the rear view mirror and see her eyes fill with fear, she inches farther and farther away from Tao. She understands what's happening now but still she says

“Y-yah Huang Zi Tao.. w-what are you doing?”

*This really isn’t my day huh?*

Your POV

I watch as Tao starts shaking uncontrollably.

“Y-yah Huang Zi Tao.. w-what are you doing?” But I already know. He’s shifting. Into a Werewolf. I move as far away as possible, my back presses up against the cold glass of the window. Kris stomps his foot down on the brake pedal, and the car makes a irritating screech sounds which seems to aggravate Tao because he lets out a small whimper.

“Make it stop. Pleaseeee” But I can’t do anything, I just watch in fear as Kris flings the door open and pulls Tao out, his whimpers becoming louder until they turn into a low growl or a snarl. Tao straightens his back and deeply inhales,

“I smell a human.” He turns to look at me and I gasp when I see his red glowing eyes staring me down. It’s like he can see into my soul, into the very core of my being.  He gives me a grotesque smile before launching himself at me. Then everything fades to b l a c k.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: YAY!!!! ^.^ I actually updated! You guys should be proud lol. Hope you guys like it though, I thought since it's Lay's birthday I would actually update~  (please excuse my bad excuse)
 
 Sorry to all my subscribers who have been patiently waiting for me to upload a new chapter but yeah here it is. And I think you guys will be quite shocked about what I have in store for the next chapter so please don't abandon this story like I did just yet! 
 
Comment what you guys think! Love you all, my loyal sweet subbies >.< <3 <3 <3