VIII: Mr. Frost

Dark Visions

 

I can see the distant rays of morning, but I am still running.

The heavens open up and the glittering crystals of rainfall drift down. With each drop the leaves become more green, the soil darker and the woods' spirit glows with health and vitality.

 

The events of that night play through my head on repeat. I stop every few miles to stop and catch my breath, but I have to get out of the reservation as soon as possible. They probably have the best hunter already after me, it could even be Kai. I grimace and start running again. The curse of the moon fades off and my human form returns. Without clothing.

 

Even though the rain and cold doesn't affect me because wolves body temps are abnormally high I don’t enjoy standing there in all my glory. Thankfully the place I had planned to go with Elle isn't too far. My heart aches as I think about her, but I pull all thoughts of her out of my head and fill it up with thoughts of revenge.

 

I arrive at the small cabin panting and look around, seeing all the things I had planned for Elle. I take a shower letting the water run down my back and grab a brand of soap Elle uses. Before I know it I am crying, one tear falls followed by a second and third. Remembering the memories when I would sneak in when she was taking a shower and scare her. Remembering her scent, while its wafting in the air from the soap and wrapping me in memories. A distant sound startles me. I can hear the thumping of paws hitting the ground.

A wolf.

 

I quickly turn off the shower and grab my towel. I already have a pair of jeans and a black shirt on before my body can fully dry. I sneak out the back door and climb a tree to get a view of my pursuer. I spot a dark grey muscular wolf running soundlessly. He is running so fast that he almost blends into the trees. As he gets closer to my cabin he shifts back into his human form dawned in a leather jacket and jeans. I have got to learn how to do that.

          He is shorter than me but has a strong built. His almond shaped eyes dart around menacingly in contast to his chubby cheeks.

 

      “Xiumin.” I whisper trying to remember all the information I had heard about him. He is specialized in Taekwondo and Kendo, and can freeze things. Every century, thirteen shifters are born with special abilities like Kai, Xiumin and I. I have never seen his power but I have seen him fight and it wasn't pretty. Just my luck. He must not know of my power because he is scanning the ground in search of me. I am able to jump to and from great heights leaving unscathed. Some people say I look like I am flying. Oh and I can do this cool trick where I blow fire from my mouth. No biggie. We are perfectly matched, Fire and Ice. I smile at the thought. I watch him as he keeps walking, getting closer and closer to my tree. Before he can spot me I jump from the tree and land on his back.

        “What the hell!” he yells.

 

He tries to wrestle me off but I just tighten my grip. He moves backwards and my head hits a tree, my breath rushing out. I fall to the ground and glare at him not sure what my next plan of action is. Before I can decide he comes charging at me, soon we are wrestling on the wet underbrush. He doesn't throw any punches but just tries to refrain me and defend himself.

       What is he doing? Does he think he can go easy on me just because he knows Kendo? I need to send him straight then.

 

Using my feet to push him off, I stand up and he soon follows after me.

 

“Kris! Stop! I’m not trying to hurt you !”

 

“Like the hell you aren't! What are you gonna tell me next? You guys didn't kill Elle?!” I scream with all the hurt and frustration evident in my voice.

 

My anger at what they did to Elle makes me irrational and all logic leaves my head.  My eyes glow red, clothes tearing as my body warps into my wolf form. Before he can respond I am on top of him baring my fangs. Drool falls from my mouth onto his face, even now I hesitate before attacking him. He sends a swift punch into my muzzle and I go flying into a nearby tree.

I get up to see he has also traded his human body for his wolf form. We circle around each other and one side of Xiumin’s face curls up as if to say “this is gonna be fun.”

 

I prepare to launch myself at him but my body doesn’t move. I tilt my head in confusion then I look down. My paws are frozen to the ground and the frost is starting to crawl up my body. He must have used the rain water on the ground.. A growl comes from my throat without my knowledge and steam begins to come out of my nose, mouth and every pore on my body. I look at Xiumin and catch the look of amazement before he pulls himself into a defensive stance. I throw my head back and allow the steam to develop into flames engulfing my entire body, leaving no trace of the frost. I smile to myself, What is he going to do next?

 

“Awoo” Xiumin howls and I hear a rattling noise. Particles of water come together morphing into sharp frozen daggers, pointed straight at me. They come flying at me but I stand my ground, taking a deep breath the fire to builds up in my throat . As they come closer I open my mouth and unleash the wall of fire and steam melting the frozen projectiles. I laugh but it comes out as a bark. As the flames die down the smoke spreads and I can’t see anything, everything is eerily silent.

 

Did Xiumin leave? He must know he can’t wi- Before I can finish my train of thought a charging black wolf’s face fills up my vision and darkness follows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Sorry guys for not updating in awhile. Just trying out this whole social thing you guys have been talking about before the summer ends. Tehe anyways, I will get back to the main story soon in the next chapter I believe so just bear with me. This flashback actually is necesarry. Enjoy and comment in the box below, I really do like it when you guys comment. No Silent Readers Allowed! :)

Even Kris is shaking his head at Author-nim ヽ(´□`。)ノ

tumblr_m92b4gj3Fd1r68c6eo1_500.gif