I: Introductions

Dark Visions

A fragile smile spreads across my face. This is bliss. A soft blanket is wrapped around me warming my body. The pillow beneath my head feels like a nest of clouds. Well at least compared to the hard cold ground. Wait...pillows?

 

 My eyes shoot open and I quickly sit up, in the process throwing the blanket off my body, my head swirls at the sudden movement.

I look down to see I am wearing a t-shirt and sweats with my scratches and bites all bandaged up. So that-that attack wasn't all a dream? 

I slowly reach for the blanket and tightly wrap it around myself like a child as if this hunk of cloth can protect me.

Gazing around I realize I am in a bedroom but the curtains are closed so I can't tell what time of day it is. My only source of light being the lamp placed on the nightstand beside me. My eyes find shapes in the shadows reminding me of the creature from the darkness.

 

I frantically jump out of the bed. Have I been kidnapped? I pace around the room unsure of what to do or think but quickly sit back on the bed because of the throbbing wound in my leg. Memories of the creature sinking it's fangs into my thigh causes a feeling of nauseousness to overtake my body. I bury my head in my hands. I need to get out of here, now.

I stand up and make my way to the door and slowly open it, wincing as the old hinges squeak. I look both ways before closing the door behind me. Without socks, the floorboards creak beneath my weight. I move toward the light at the end of the hallway and the soft murmer of voices.  

 

                 "Looking for something?",a low voice growls behind me.

I gasp and almost fall down from the shock.  I turn around slowly, afraid of what I will find behind me, "Err... yes... I mean no?"

 I'm surprised to see a boy that can't be that much older than me standing there. His voice is so deep.

The boy snickers, his eyes dark and unwavering as he scrutinizes me, "Well, which one is it?"

               I blink, "Yes I guess? But since we're asking questions... do you think you can tell me what I'm doing here? "

                "You tell me. You're the one who got attacked in my woods", he replies with a deadpan expression on his face. His eyes boring into mine.

I scoff. "Oh my apologies, because I just love getting attacked by vicious animals. No one forced you to bring me here you know."

 He chuckles but his eyes remain cold and emotionless as he glares into my mine. " Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of someone else's bed."

I step back as he puts his hand on the wall behind me in the blink of an eye only giving me time to exhale. He diminishes the distance between us in one single move. My back hits the wall and he towers over me, he's at least 6 feet tall. There is something off about this guy, apart from not caring about personal space. I take a look at his eyes. At a glance, they are brown almost black, but now that we are closer, unfortunately, they almost look... red or maroon at least. Nevertheless, they are beautiful and terrifying at the same time. He must sense my discomfort because he pulls away. I can't help feeling a tiny bit disappointed. He glances at me briefly, with some unknown emotion clouding his face.

                 “Follow me, I'm Kris. You'll want to remember that.

I roll my eyes but follow him anyways, more like hobble, down the dark hallway. What choice do I really have?

~Kris' POV~

As we walk towards the room, I think about the mysterious girl stumbling behind me.

She cannot stay here. She is a threat to this pack and to Shifters everywhere.  We can't let her know of our existence. Shifters aren't your typical storybook werewolves, we are born not bitten for one. We only shift if our emotions spike or if it's a full moon. But sometimes our inner wolf gets antsy and we need a release, that's why it's paramount we maintain a careful balance between our animalistic instincts and our humanity. So I'm surprised it was a Shifter that attacked this girl. I know it's a Shifter because we have a special scent and his scent is all over her. From her hair to her fingers, to the small of her back to the soft fleshy nape of her neck. The reason why this fact bothers me? I have no clue. Maybe it's because I feel sorry for her? Ha, probably not. I don't feel much of anything these days but boredom. 

The only solution I can think of is for her to stay here until I'm positive she doesn't know about what or who really attacked her.

Soon we reach our destination and I open the door to the entertainment room.

 "She's awake guys, introduce yourselves." 

~End of Kris' POV~

I walk into the room and five males stand up. Whoa... They look like anime characters! Am I still sleeping?

 I shake my head to shake the thought away. This is no time to be thinking about that. Especially when I have no idea what is going on. The room remains quiet as I make my way in, five pairs of eyes follow my every movement.

Kris walks forward and plops down on one of the chairs. "Didn't you hear me?"  Immediately they respond. 

             "Hi, my name is Yixing but you can call me Lay." the guy nearest to me with blonde hair speaks first. I can’t help but smile back when he is flashing me that dimpled smile.

             "Hello, I'm Xiumin. A pleasure to meet you." A boy with chubby cheeks reaches out his hand which I take and receive a strong firm handshake. I wince a little at his strength. Don't let the cute face fool you I guess.  I turn to the next person. I get a glance of his impeccable bone structure before he leaves the room but not before I conveniently catch the glare he throws my way. 

What's his problem? 

              "Don’t take Chen seriously."

I whirl around at the sound of the soft new voice.

              "He just needs some time to warm up to you. Until then you can hang out with me, Luhan!”  At first, I am startled by his light almost kind of worn-out pink hair. But somehow he manages to pull it off. I laugh and bow.

The last guy is almost as tall as Kris and has an athletic build. His eyes are shaped like a cat and even though he looks really tall and scary I get this cute vibe from him. 

               “My name is Tao, or you can call me Kung Fu Panda” he drawls throwing me a wink. I have to stifle a giggle he's too adorable.  I stand there smiling as they all look at me expectantly.  My eyebrows raise, "What?"

Luhan laughs and gestures towards me, "And you are..."

My eyes grow wide. I guess I should introduce myself too. I take a deep breath readying myself.

                “Nice to meet you all, my name is ______, ” I say shyly. I wince at how quiet and weak my voice comes out. Kris snickers and I glare at him.

                 “What?” He asks with mock innocence.

I roll my eyes and look away not having time for him, there are more important things on my mind. I don't trust these guys especially not Kris.

“So umm...can anyone explain to me why I can't remember anything past the attack..."