XIII: Answers

Dark Visions

Kris POV (what happened while Marina was unconscious)

“Gege! Theressomethingwrongwithmarina!” Tao yells over the radio.

“Tao calm down. You know I hate it when you mumble your words together like that. Talk to me when you can speak correctly.” I keep my focus on driving, not fazed by Tao.

He likes to pull pranks and I fall for them every time like the gullible person I am. But not now, I’m too wrapped up in my thoughts.

“Kris, he’s not joking. Marina isn’t breathing.” Xiumin says from the back seat I can tell hes trying to stay calm but his voice quivers at the end. I turn around and see the four boys are crowded around her, Xiumin’s fingers pressed to her neck. He looks at me and shake his head. “She still isn’t breathing.”

“Kris watch out!!” Lay yells making me turn around. Just in time, to see a semi truck charging at us blaring its horn telling us to get out of the way. Where the hell did that come from!  I quickly grab the wheel and yank it to the right, barely missing the truck. The driver throws a well deserved middle finger at me as we pass each other.

I hope this is what I think it is.. “I think she’s just recovering from her temporary amnesia.”

Lay looks at me with wide eyes. I look in the rear view mirror and see that the boys all wear the same confused and expectant expression, waiting for me to explain. I sigh and roll my eyes They probably think I’m crazy. “ Last night before she went down to dinner and found you guys talking about her. Rudely I might add.” I finish my sentence with a glare directed towards Chen.

“She did the same thing. She just fell down and stopped breathing, when she woke up about  two minutes later, I told her what happened and she  looked scared. Which is understandable but I was even more scared when she told me that while she was out, a part of her memory returned”

Luhan looks at me in disbelief, “And you didn’t think to tell us about this? You didn't even ask her what was wrong?”

I shrug, “I forgot about it until now. And she didn't seem to want to talk about it so I just let it go.”

Chen hits the chair in frustration, “ It’s been longer than two minutes, Kris... She hasn't woken up yet.”

“Gege, what if she never wake up?” Tao’s voice was thick with the threat of tears. He was probably the closest one out of all of us to Marina. It didn't help that he only had his first shift not too long ago, so his emotions were more intense than they usually are.

Lay reaches over the seat and pats Tao on the back, but he is looking at me “ Maybe we should pull over, I might be able to help.”

All I can do is nod, Tao’s comment still etched in my head. I can’t lose someone else. Marina wake up!

I pull over near a forest clearing, I’ve been here before and I recognize it right away. This is where we found Tao when he went through his first shift. Lay was tracking his scent from Tao’s ripped shirt.

( A/N: the wolf the pack was searching for in the vision was Tao if you guys didn’t know. :D )

I jump out the door and open the door for them to pull Marina out. Her head lops to the side when they place her on the ground.  I can see why they are all on edge, she looks too still. I have only seen one person who was this still.

Elle. And she was dead. Stop thinking about it Kris! It’s not gonna help with the situation! I pace while Lay uses his power. He places his hands on either side of her head, he closes his eyes as  golden light travels down her body and wraps itself around her. The light pulsates like a living thing, I can feel the healing power even from ten feet away. I feel lighter, like I could run for days and days. I’m always amazed whenever Lay displaces his power because it makes this “Chiu Chiu~”  sound like unicorns giggling, I giggle just thinking about it. The only side effect of Lay’s healing is that it makes you a little loopy and slow .

(A/N: lmao so basically they get high whenever Lay pulls out his healing powers bwahaha. Sorry I just had too >.<)

The light dims out and Lay sighs“It’s not working. I don’t know what’s wrong.”

I look at my watch and see that its been a little over 7 minutes since she has been unconscious , now I really start to get worried. Lay stands up and walks over to where Chen is sitting. Lay whispers something I can’t hear and Chen

nods his head in understanding. Chen’s eyes flash red and he stands up raising his hands in a way that I’ve realized he only does when he is about to use his power. “Chen! Stop! What are you doing?!” I run to where they are standing but I’m too late. The storm clouds are already forming and I can hear distant sound of  thunder and lighting.  The sky is a million shades of gray, painting its own pictures in the clouds. Fat raindrops splat on the grass, forming puddles like a pool of tears. The rain drenches all of us including Marina, she twitches and begins to stir.

“Guys! Marina is waking up!”the rain suddenly falls lighter, from a steady downpour to a gentle pattering until it completely seces.   I run to where she lies and we all gather around her waiting for her to wake.

That was smart but risky Chen.

Marina opens her eyes with a gasp. We all sigh in relief. I thought she was gone. but they aren't filled with their usual warmth, she looks like a whole different person. If the eyes are the windows into the soul then she must not have a soul, because all I see in her eyes is cold hard hatred and fear. But what is she afraid of?

“Marina.” Luhan says her name like a sigh “Hey,are you okay?” She scrambles to stand up and almost falls in the

process but Tao catches her before she can. She flinches away from his touch, her eyes flashing back and forth at nothing in particular. It’s like she is deciding between two things. She takes small steps away from our group as we wait for her to answer Luhan’s question. She looks me in the eyes, like she wants to say something but instead she sprints towards the trees leaving me dumbfounded.

                          That's definitely not the answer I wanted.