Chapter 14 BA-DUMP BA-DUMP!!!

Unexpected Love

Jinpas POV

 

After school ended, I went to Kris house to help him with homework. I rang the bell, nobody answered, I rang again but still no chance. I am really pissed now. I knocked the door hard, nobody answered. “Strange”. I tried opening the door and it opened very easily. He didn’t lock it. What a careless guy! “Hello, anybody home” I called out but no answer. As I was going through the house, I searched for Kris “Hey!!! Jerk Kris!” but no answer.  I went further checking each room and then I saw Kris but I was startled, he was not on his bed but was lying on the floor. “KRIS!” I shouted and went to him. He was breathing really hard and when I touched him to take him to bed, he felt very hot. He was burning.

 

I let him lie on bed and got some ice. I checked his fever; it was 39 degree C and placed the ice bag on his forehead. He was sweating a lot too and his shirts all wet. What should I do? What should I do? Guess I have to do it.I dried all the sweat on his upper body with a cold cloth and changed his shirt. I think he felt better.

 

I prepared porridge for him and also I was asked to feed him medicine. “Mom???” Kris murmured. He was calling his mom. He opened his eye and saw me, “Jinpa??” He looked confused. “Um.. Yeah?” I replied awkwardly. “What are you doing here?” he asked me in his weak voice.

 

Don’t get me wrong. I am only here because Xiumin oppa, Lulu oppa and the others asked me to” I said, defending myself. He seemed confused, “They were asked to come to the studio suddenly and they were worried about you so they asked me to check up on you. That’s all” I said in my usual hard voice.

 

“You could at least be kind to me today” he said in his weak yet demanding voice. Grumble! Oh! I just noticed, his voice is hoarse because of cold. His stomach made sound. I didn’t say anything and went to the kitchen and brought porridge for him.

 

“What’s this?” he asked in his hoarse voice. “Porridge” I said simply and placed it in front of him.

 

He seemed shocked, “Porridge? Did you make it?” “Of course I did. You didn’t eat, did you?” I asked.

 

He kept on staring at me, “What??” I asked, irritated. “Nothing” he just said that and started smiling at himself while eating it. “Surprisingly it’s good!” he said eating it.

 

Did he think I couldn’t even make a simple porridge? JERK!! Even when he is in no condition to walk, he never forgets or fails to irritate me.

 

God! He can’t even eat properly. He is spilling the porridge. I took the porridge from him “Hey!!! What are you doing?” he said, looking like a kid who just got his chocolate taken. I kind of slipped a slight smile.

“You are spilling all the porridge” I said. I then tried to feed him, “Here, let me help you.”

 

“You are telling me that you are going to feed me?” he asked, not believing what I am just doing. Really? WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE? “It- it’s just- it’s just because it unsightly to see you spill all the porridge on the sheets. You are a mothers boy, aren’t you?” I tried to change the subject.

 

“Yeah, I guess” he said, not denying it but accepting it with this soft smile.

(BA-DUMP) Did MY HEART just skip a beat??? NOOOO!!!! Get a hold of yourself Jinpa! It’s just because of the face he just showed when talking about his mom.

“She is my everything, my favorite woman so I guess I am my mama’s boy” he said it, laughing warmly.

So he can also make this kind of face. I guess he really is not such a bad guy.

 

“Yeah,” I replied him with a smile (I did it unconsciously).

 

I fed him porridge and then his medicine “Bitter” he complained like a small kid. “You should rest a bit longer. I will be just here before the others arrive. He went to sleep and after sometime, I unconsciously fell asleep.

 

Kris POV

 

As everyone was at school, I couldn’t call out to anyone. They wanted to take care of me but I refused. They even told me to go to hospital but I don’t like hospitals so I didn’t go. I am very thirsty and the bottle in my room is empty. I tried getting off the bed but when I tried to stand, everything went blurry and suddenly I went blank and fell.

 

The next thing I knew when I opened my eye, I was in bed again. I heard noise coming from kitchen and a blurry female figure but I couldn’t make out who it was, “MOM!!??” I called out.

 

As she came nearer my vision became clearer, “Jinpa!??” It was unusual for her to be here but I couldn’t care less in my current condition. I asked what she was doing here and she said that others had to go to the studio suddenly so they asked her to check up on me. She was as her usual self with me, harsh. “You could at least be kind to me today” I blurted out without knowing. She is going to scream at me, so I thought but instead she kept quiet and walked my stomach grumbled, she went out of the room and the next thing I knew, she came carrying a bowl with her.

 

“What’s this?” I asked her, worried, POSION! God! My voice is hoarse. “Porridge” she said simply and placed it in front of me.

 

Wait! Did I just hear right? “Porridge? Did you make it?” “Of course I did. You didn’t eat, did you?” she asked.

 

I kind of didn’t expect her to make it for me; i mean she is like a guy but I guess she is not as bad as I thought. And unconsciously, I smiled at myself. I just couldn’t hold my smile and I don’t know why? Also, surprisingly the porridge tasted good.

 

After taking three spoons of porridge, she snatched it away from me, “HEY! What are you doing?” I asked. Just when I was enjoying it, she snatched it. Then she said that she would help me by feeding me and said that it was unsightly to see me dirty the sheets. Oh! Come on. And it’s not even her sheet but I let her feed me and she said I was my mother’s boy.

 

She is right though, “Yeah, I guess” missing my mom. “She is my everything, my favorite woman so I guess I am my mama’s boy”. Oh wait! Is it normal for a guy my age to say that? She is going to laugh at me or will insult or make fun of me. All the girls I dated before always said how I was obsessed with my mom. But to my surprise, she replied with, “Yeah,” with this warm smile.

 

Did she just agree with me? No other girl I knew gave me this kind of smile when I talked about my mom. They would always complain how I was my mom’s boy. But she is different. Surprisingly she is a fragile girl inside.

 

She feed me medicine afterwards and told me to rest. I closed my eyes and soon I feel asleep again.

 

After some minutes, I woke up. I looked around my room and saw Jinpa sleeping on the couch. She was probably tried taking care of me. Somehow she looks beautiful when sleeping and much calmer and softer. If only she was like that every day. But guess it’s ok even if she is the way she is and not fake.

 

BA-DUMP! BA-DUMP! Wait! What’s this? My heart beat is racing so fast. Is my fever getting worse again? I heard the door opening and people talking. Guess they are back. “Hmmm..” Jinpa’s waking up too.

 

I don’t know why but I pretended to sleep. “Jinpa! You’re still here?” Chen asked. “Yeah, he was worse than I thought” she said, laughing.

 

“Thank you for taking care of Kris Hyung” Tao seemed thankful.

 

“I will walk her home” I heard Luhan say.

 

“Ok… I will go along, Xiumin added.

 

“Good night everyone” I heard Jinpa say and she left with Luhan and Xiumin.

 

 

The time they spent together was after all worth it. Now whats going to happen??? Will they now try to understand eachother or will they still be the same as always. Keep reading to know more!