CH.07 Between two men

Love Footprints
Taecyeon was now lying on the soft bed in a suite room provided by the Westgate hotel. He blankly stared at the white wall ceiling, thinking about all the things that happened that day. A sweet smile designed his lips as he reminisce their first meeting, the surprise expression printed on her face when he saw him, the sound of her laugh when they were happily fooling around and also the shy nod that she gave him at the question "Did you miss me?". Re-thinking about all those moments made him smile even more until it reached his eyes.
 
He let out a sigh and grabbed his mobile phone, browsing through the folders on his gallery. He was still keeping all the pictures they had before and never deleted them, he once tried to do it but never succeed. If he deleted even just one, it was like erasing the memories they had together. And he knows that the memories they had are precious and irreplaceable. He stared at the latest picture he did with his phone, GuiGui was patiently waiting for him in front of the fountain before he did the event that he prepared for her.
 
"I'm not a stalker" he murmured as he smiles while looking at that picture. GuiGui was looking at the right side of the street, exactly where he left her. The lights of the street lamps were lighting up her small face, even though there were other people on that place she was the only one who was really hard to pass unnoticed.
 
"Jamkkanman" he frowned as he stood up from the bed and searched for a piece of paper and a pen inside his black backpack. He suddenly needed to write down the words that were flowing inside his mind that were necessary for him to write and compose new songs. He left the screen of his phone GuiGui's picture as an inspiration and started to write in his notepad the words that were floating on his mind...
 
 
 
"GuiGui" her manager ran towards her while she was taking a break from a photoshoot of a taiwanese fashion magazine
 
"What happened?" she frowned while looking at her manager's facial expression
 
"Do you remember the tv commercial that you filmed with The face shop brand along with Kim Hyun Joong?"
 
"Yeah" she nodded, as far as she knows less than a month already passed since that time "What about it?"
 
"The product that you both were adverstising got really popular after the tv commercial was released"
 
"Really?" she was happy to know that, it gives her strenght to work harder
 
"Yes!" her manager paused for a while taking a breathe deep "Listen carefully to what I'm going to say"
 
"Okay"
 
"The main office in Korea contacted us telling me that they want you as their new testimonial!" her manager explode in uncontained happiness "Isn't it great?"
 
"Really?" at her manager's nod her smile got wider "Waaa!!" was her first reaction, she couldn't believe that many unexpected things were happening to her.
 
"If we sign their contract you will be the new female testimonial for their brand! I think that lately we've been really blessed, also maybe this is your first step to enter the Korean entertainment"
 
She was too happy to express it in words, this big news will have a strong impact to her career life.
 
"Where's the contract that I should sign?" she funnily asked "I'm ready to sign it"
 
"We need to book a flight for Korea and then go to their office" her manager laughed at her enthusiastic response "I'm getting excited as well!"
 
 
 
Three days later GuiGui and her personal manager went to Korea to sign for the one year contract as the new testimonial for The face shop. It was an honour for her to be part of such a big company as it was a well-known brand worldwide for its benefits to the skin.
 
The korean interpreter explained them the validity of the contract, the pros and cons of it and so on. After the explanation, they gave her time to seriously and carefully think before agreeing. Her high ambition was the key of her agreement and didn't waste time to think twice as she fearlessly signed the contract. After the formalities they warmly welcomed her to their company and shaked her  hand, both parts were looking forward to work with each other.
 
Few minutes later she went outside the room, leaving her manager to discuss about her schedule with them. Once she was outside she took a deep breathe, all the anxiety that she was feeling few days ago stressing her daily life disappeared in an instant. She was now ready to make a big change to her career and experience different things.
 
"GuiGui?" a male voice cut her thoughts, she raised her eyes to look at the owner of that voice "It's really you!" he added with a surprise expression printed on his face
 
"Annyeong haseyo" she slightly bowed to him, greeting him with a smile
 
"Annyeong" Hyun Joong replied back "How are you?"
 
"I'm fine thanks, and you?"
 
"I'm doing fine too. Long time no see!" he was really pleased to meet her there "So what brings you here?"
 
"I just finished signing the contract" she shyly smile, embarassed to mention that topic
 
"Really?" he then clapped his hands to congratulate her "I heard that they were searching for a new female testimonial" he paused for a while and smiled at her "I'm glad that they choose you"
 
"Thank you" she replied, happy to hear his words
 
"So we'll work together again" his smile got wider "Do you want to grab something to eat? There's a cafè on the ground floor" he offered "Let's say that it will be a sort of celebration" he continued, laughing at the end of the sentence
 
"Hmm..okay" she nodded, innocently agreeing to his offer
 
The two of them headed to the elevator, Hyun Joong pressed a button and they patiently waited for it to arrive at their floor. When the silver sliding door slowly opened in front of them, he let GuiGui walks in first and then followed her after. When they reached the ground floor, GuiGui was amazed by the cafè that he was talking about. It was an elegant place, the interior design was simple yet modern decorated with white and green colors giving an eco-friendly feeling to those who visit it.
 
He walked towards the cashier and firstly ordered for him, giving time to GuiGui to choose what she wants. When he finished he looked at her and asked what she wanted to eat.
 
"All of them looks delicious" she murmured while looking at the menu. In the end she choose a slice of cheesecake and cappuccino, she then grabbed her wallet and took out the korean money that she had but Hyun Joong refused it, insisting that it was his treat
 
"Don't worry" he said, assuring her with his words "We're celebrating right?"
 
"Thank you" she smiled at him, she was thankful by his infinite kindness towards her
 
"Let's take a sit over there" he held the tray tight with their orders on it and went to sit near the window "This is yours" he said placing the plate and cappuccino on GuiGui's side
 
"This place is really beautiful" she looked around her, admiring that nice cafè shop "It looks like one of those cafès in dramas"
 
"Cafès in dramas?" he laughed, he always thought that cafè shops are all the same "This one if just for the staffs and people who works here" he explained, telling her that not everyone can go there
 
"Ah chincha?" she asked and tasted the cheesecake "Hmm..it's delicious" she even cutely closed her eyes while complementing the food
 
"You speak korean?"
 
"Just a little" she paused and pouted her lips "I've been learning some words through dramas"
 
"Is that so?" he laughed at her confession "I'll teach you some words too"
 
"I watched your drama" she suddenly pointed at him "Boys over flowers..Ji-hoo"
 
He burst into a soundful laughter at GuiGui's randomness "You watched it?" at her nod he chuckled "Who was your favorite character among the four male leads"
 
"Ji-hoo" she honestly replied, somehow it made Hyun Joong heart's skip a beat by hearing her answer
 
He blinked his eyes, trying to hide the amusement that he was feeling in that moment. The girl who's sitting in front of him had the power to waver his cold and lonely heart. Her smile was probably the best smile he ever seen in his entire life.
 
Few minutes later GuiGui's phone started to ring, she excused herself and picked up the call.
 
"Hello?" she said, talking in chinese "I'm at the cafè here in the ground floor" she paused, listening to what the other line's saying "Okay, I'll be there" she lastly said and ended the call. She looked at Hyun Joong who was drinking a sip of the juice that he ordered "I need to go, my manager called me"
 
"Oh okay" he nodded, trying to understand that she needed to take her flight and go back to Taiwan
 
"I need to shoot for Global We got Married so I'm sorry to leave you already" she explained, she really felt sorry that she had to leave him so soon, not after he even offered her the meal
 
"You're filming for that show again?" he asked, surprised to hear that news
 
"Yes, just for few more episodes"
 
"I see.." somehow a part of him disliked what he just heard in that moment. He tried to mask the weird feeling that was surrounding his chest by pulling out a smile "So see you next time" he reluctantly waved at her, when GuiGui finally walked away from him the smile slowly disappeared from his lips.
 
 
 
"Annyeong!" GuiGui waved at Taecyeon when she spotted him standing in a bus stop
 
"Annyeong" Taecyeon replied back with a happy smile on his lips "How are you?"
 
"Fine, and you?"
 
"Me too" he nodded and smiled once again, letting her see the dimples on his cheeks "So today" he started "We're gonna visit a place that you absolutely need to see when you come to Korea"
 
"Really?What place?" she asked, feeling confuse and excited at the same time
 
"We're going to Namsan tower"
 
"N-Namsan?" the word was a bit difficult at first to pronounce making her stutter 
 
"Don't you know Namsan tower?" when GuiGui shaked her head he tried to explain her "It became a famous tourist spot especially for lovers"
 
"Why?"
 
"They hang on the metal bars a padlock to seal their love.." he tilted his head, not knowing how should he explain it "Well something like that"
 
"Oh let's do that too!" GuiGui said excited, she saw before in a western movie a bridge full of those padlocks locked by lovers from all over the world.
 
Taecyeon grabbed her right hand and they firstly ride the bus, after it they walked for a while until they reached the cable car that will take them to Namsan tower. At the view of the cable car, GuiGui got overexcited like a little girl.
 
"Wooaa" she was amazed by the height and also view from up above "It's so high, look oppa"
 
"Even higher than the last gondola that we rode before" he confirmed "Come,sit now since we are near"
 
GuiGui obediently followed his words and sat beside Taecyeon, they happily talked about various topics while waiting for the cable car to reach the top. Once they reached their destination, they stepped outside and she was totally amazed by the numerous padlocks hanging on the metal bars. There were a lot of it with different forms and colours. She touched a lock with a heart shaped form and tried to read what was written on it, unfortunately she couldn't understand anything because it was written in korean.
 
"Do you want to hang our own too?" Taecyeon asked her while looking at her amazed reaction, at her nods he opened his black backpack and took out a heart shaped purple padlock. When GuiGui saw it, she burst into a soundful laughter, she didn't expect that he had that kind of thing inside his bag "Let's first write something on it" he said and took out a black pentel pen
 
She silently laughed by herself because it seems like he already prepared everything.
 
"Okay, let's write the date today then our names below it" he said while writing "2013.07.14 Taecyeon ♥ GuiGui"  he looked at her who was intently looking at what he was writing "What do you think?"
 
"It looks like Taecyeon oppa loves GuiGui" she laughed at her own words "I like it!"
 
Taecyeon cutely pouted his lips and acted offended "So it's a one-sided love" he over-reacted the situation and touched his chest "Ah pa yo" at his hilarious acting, GuiGui took the padlock and stole the pentel pen from his hand. She then started to write something on it, hiding it from him.
 
"How about this?" she showed him what she wrote on the other side of the lock "2013.07.14 GuiGui ♥ Taecyeon". When he read what she wrote, a bright smile started to lighten up his face
 
"Neomu chua" his heart was surrounded by a heart warming feeling, making his heart skip a beat by GuiGui's cute and sweet behaviour.
 
With a smile full of silent promises to each other and stares that talk about undefined feelings, they placed the padlock in a metallic bar and locked it. As they both look at the little purple shaped thing, they hoped that the development of their feelings will last forever.
 
After it the staff decided to take a short break from filming, Taecyeon took a rest while sitting on a bench placed on the rooftop of the tower while GuiGui went to her manager who called her out. He was facing the wide cloudless blue sky when a ringing tone caught his attention. He looked at the bench where GuiGui left her phone beside him. He didn't want to mind her own business and didn't even dare to touch her personal phone but from where he was, not moving a single inch he took a quick look on the screen of her phone. A small window appeared on the screen, a notification from an application for instant messaging.
 
"Hi! Try to guess who am I? I just wanted to say that I was glad to meet you today" that what was written on the message.
 
Taecyeon looked at the sender's id that was written on the top of the window notification, he frowned and started to feel bad when he reads Hyun Joong's name. 
 
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
 
I took this as an inspiration for GuiGui&Taecyeon's padlock ^_^ I don't know if I'll be able to update this week since I need to work, if not I think I'll update a new chapter on Friday or probably weekends.
Hope you all enjoy reading this chapter, please do continue to anticipate my updates!!! Thank you!