CH.16 What should I do?

Love Footprints

Hyun Joong was sitting all alone in the wide living room of his house. He contemplated the expensive modern furnitures of the apartment and the high-priced appliances, before he used to live in a dorm with the ex-members of his group but now there he was, living in a luxurious apartment which he worked hard to achieve. He used to be happy and contented of what he earned and fighted for through all those years but now, there's still something missing in his life. Something that will radically change his way of living his lonely days.

His eyes moved to the white tablet on the small black table, he grabbed it and surfed on the net. He once again came across to the new videos of Global We got Married - Reunion. Last time he wasn't able to watch all of it because he was disturbed by the sudden appearance of the interviewer but now that he's alone he will finally watch what he missed.

He touched the screen and waited for the video to play, for the first 30 seconds he was already feeling annoyed by seeing Taecyeon's presence. He still tried to watch it, trying to focus his attention on GuiGui but seeing Taecyeon close to her was really bothering him. Unable to remain impassive he abprutly stopped the video and threw the tablet on the sofa, far away from where he was sitting.
 
"Aish..." he closed his eyes and rest his head on the beige leather couch, he was so annoyed by his feelings. How is it possible that even he can't meet GuiGui often, his feelings for her were growing stronger than before?
 
He released a soundful sigh and stared at the white ceiling "Ottokaji?" he whispered in a feeble voice. What was he supposed to do to take a piece of her heart?
 
He stood up from the couch and walked back and forth on the living room, his mobile phone placed on the table was teasing him to take it on hand and text the person who was fully occupying his mind.
 
"I'm going crazy.." he said and grabbed the little device. He touched the screen, searching for her number and decided to send her a message "Hi, it's been a long time since we met each other.. How are you?" he typed and re-read it, few seconds later he shaked his head and deleted the message, re-writing a new one. Just like the first one, when he finished writing it he deleted it once again, not satisfied with the outcome of his words "Ahh...cheongmal" he frowned and threw the device on the sofa, reaching the tablet.
 
Just when the poor mobile phone landed on the soft couch it started ringing and vibrating at the same time, making him startle for a second. He walked towards the source of the noise and answered the call from his manager.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Hyun Joong-ah I just wanted to remember you the schedule for tomorrow"
 
"Can we cancel it?" he touched his stiffened neck and massaged it
 
"What?!" his manager couldn't believe what Hyun Joong just asked "Are you sure?"
 
"Yeah, I want to take a day off"
 
"Oh..okay. So I will cancel the fan meeting that you and GuiGui-ssi have for tomorrow" he paused and sneakily smiled "Take a full rest"
 
"W-What? Fan meeting?" he paused for a while, dumbfounded by his manager's words "W-Wait, with GuiGui?" he panicked while pronouncing her name "Tomorrow?"
 
"Yeah, tomorrow. Did you already forget about it?" he paused, enjoying Hyun Joong's reaction "But you said that you need a day off so I will postpone it"
 
"No, I'll take my day off some other time"
 
"Don't worry, you don't have to over work. You're right, you need a day off" he chuckled while saying those words "I'll be able to handle everything"
 
"I'm okay, don't postpone anything" he regretted the words that he just said few seconds ago "I'm not tired at all"
 
"Ahh...the power of love" his manager laughed loud and then ended the call
 
"YES!!!!!" he shouted, finally he will meet again the girl that continues to disturb his mind..
 
 
*****
 
 
"Hello?" GuiGui paused for a second, listening to the voice of the other line "Oppa I think I'll finish the fan meeting around 7 p.m"
 
"Is that so?" he clenched his fist trying to control the jealousy "So you're meeting Hyun Joong sunbae.."
 
"Yes, I forgot to tell you that I have to attend a fan meeting with him" she replied back, unaware of Taecyeon's feelings.
 
"Why did they organized a fan meeting?" he sighed, feeling uneasy about the whole thing
 
"I told you that the new product that we are promoting got really popular right? That's why they decided to have a fan meeting" she smiled, honored by the popularity that she is gaining in the Korean entertainment "I'm quite excited because it's my first event here in Korea"
 
"I'm so proud of you" he sincerely said, she really deserved all those blessings because of her hardwork "So after the fan meeting you're coming to my place?"
 
"You said that I was going to meet all your members because last time..." she paused, reminiscing the moment when she saw Jessica kissing Taecyeon
 
"Yeah.." he shortly replied, he already sensed what was running on her mind that's why he organized a romantic dinner for her "Chansung and Jun K are excited to meet you" he lied, the truth was the five guys were out of town and just him was at home.
 
"Chincha?" she shyly smiled, feeling excited as well to meet the two and also the others "I need to prepare now"
 
"Okay, see you later"
 
"Bye" she lastly said and then ended the call
 
She was on her private dressing room with the hairstylist fixing up her hair when suddenly someone knocked on the door and Hyun Joong peeked on it.
 
"Hello!" he showed his best smile, letting her see how happy he feels to meet her again
 
"Annyeong haseyo" she slightly bowed her head, formally greeting him back
 
"It's been long time since we last met. How have you been?"
 
"I'm fine, been busy with work. How about you?" she smiled, glad to meet him and work with him again 
 
"Fine too"  he cleared his voice and then showed her the bunch of flowers that he was hinding behind his back "I just wanted to congratulate you on your first fan meeting in my country"
 
"Oh..thank you" she accepted the flowers and smelled the floral scent of it, then she lifted her eyes and smiled at him
 
At that sight, Hyun Joong's heart melted. It took him few seconds to recover himself, Cupid really did a great job by throwing an arrow on him "Okay, I'll wait you on the backstage" he said trying to act normally
 
To his words, GuiGui nodded and put the flowers on the table smiling at the heart warming kindness of Hyun Joong.
 
 
 
"Welcome to the first fan meeting of this year for The Face Shop" the female announcer said to the people who attended that small event "We would like to thank all of you who sticks with our products and trust the benefits that it gives to the consumers.
We always try our best to guarantee the highest quality to each consumer of our brand and bring you innovative new ones. So in order to thank all of you we decided to organize this fan meeting and let you meet the two people who helped us to increase the popularity of our popular skin products brand. Miss Wu Ying Jie and Mr. Kim Hyun Joong!"
 
The people started to scream when the two stepped on the stage, GuiGui displayed her best smile and waved to the crowd that warmly welcomed them.
 
"Annyeong haseyo" she greeted the people, talking in their native language. To this the crowd cheered on her and screamed even more
 
"GuiGui-ssi this is your first time doing a fan meeting in a foreign country right?" the announcer asked her and waited for the chinese translator who was behind GuiGui to translate what she just asked
 
"Yes, I'm very honored and also shocked to find many people here waiting for us. Kamsahamnida" she bowed her head to the crowd
 
"Kim Hyun Joong-ssi how's working with a foreign partner for this well known worldwide brand? Did you find hard to communicate with each other?"
 
He threw a fast glimpse of GuiGui and smiled "Absolutely not, she speaks English and I also speak a bit of it. Besides there's no need to talk if you can understand what the counterpart wants to say just by looking at each other's eyes right?" to his answer the crowd made a louder noise
 
"I think that people are really enjoying to watch you guys together" the announcer chuckled, impressed by the popularity of the two "What do you guys want to see?" she pointed the microphone to the noisy crowd
 
"HUG!HUG!!" the crowd yelled in sync
 
Hyun Joong shyly laughed at the request of their fans "Isn't it too fast? I was hoping that you will ask us to hold hands but "hug" already?" he hilariously asked making the people laugh as well
 
"So let's go with holding hands" she then moved her attention to GuiGui "We won't find your virtual husband suddenly appearing on the stage due to jealousy right?" 
 
"No no" she shaked her head, confident that Taecyeon will understand that it's just for work "He will understand" she added and smiled at the camera, hoping that when his boyfriend will watch it, he will be assured by her words
 
"Kim Hyun Joong-ssi then please hold her hand" the lady announcer incited him to take the first move
 
He scratched his head not knowing how to do it,  people were anticipating his move and there he was feeling all nervous and embarassed.
He lowered his gaze and looked at her hand, he took a step closer to where she is and slide his hand across to her, holding it tight. The fans screamed all their souls out after seeing such a lovely and sweet scene, making their heart beats race furiously.
 
"Aigoo..." the announcer sighed, pleased to see that sight "You two really make a good pair. Mianhe yo Ok Taecyeon-ssi" she then hilariously added making the whole crowd laugh at her statement "You can now release her hand Hyun Joong-ssi"
 
"Ah..ye" he embarassedly replied, reluctant to let her go
 
"So now we will call three lucky people to come on the stage" the crowd started to raise their hands, wanted to meet their idols up close. The camera moved in various directions and picked two lucky ladies plus a young man, the three shyly stepped on the stage and couldn't believe what was happening in that exact moment "Hello to the three of you" the announcer politely said and asked them their names "What do you like about GuiGui-ssi?" she then firstly asked to the only male that got on stage
 
"I love her personality. She's cheerful,funny and pretty. I became her fan when I watched her for the first time in Global We got Married with Ok Taecyeon and I think the two of them are a match made from heaven, but recently I think that JoongGui also make a good couple"
 
"So we have TaecGui couple but also JoongGui one?" the announcer hilariously asked to the guy "Looks like a love triangle"
 
To this Hyun Joong's expression hardened a bit, but he tried his best to act normally and smiled.
 
"How about you girls? Do you like TaecGui more or JoongGui?" she pointed the microphone to the young ladies, as response the girls pointed their fingers at Hyun Joong.
 
"Aren't you just choosing me because I'm in front of you?" he comically asked to the two making GuiGui laugh as well
 
"Hyun Joong-ssi please turn your back on us so I'll ask these guys which couple do they prefer more" he turned around and stayed at the game of the announcer "Now you can tell us, he's not looking" the two girls then whispered "TaecGui" making the crowd laugh
 
"Ya!" Hyun Joong abruptly faced them and hilariously pointed at the two girls "I heard you!"
 
GuiGui laughed her heart out at that funny moment, she was really having a good time and enjoying herself in that fan meeting. Though she was feeling really nervous at first, afraid of not being able to communicate well with her fans, she overcome that fear and the meeting ended smoothly. She got the chance to interact with her korean fans and knew them, she was also glad that many people were supporting her activities and TaecGui couple as well.
 
Few hours later the long fan meeting finally ended, but she wasn' tired at all. Instead she was fully charged by the energy and heart warming feeling that the fans gave them.
 
"It was really fun" she said while Hyun Joong and her were walking the corridor of the backstage "Korean people are so warm"
 
"I'm glad you enjoyed it" he smiled at her "It wasn't my first time but I think that this fan meeting is the best one I ever had" he couldn't add that it was the best because he did it with her
 
A ringing tone re-echoed in the air, interrupting their conversation. GuiGui grabbed her cellphone and touched the screen and saw a new message from Taecyeon telling her that he will postpone for few hours their meeting due to a sudden call from his boss. She immediately replied his message, telling him to take his time and that she understand that sudden hitch.
 
 
***
 
 
Taecyeon fastly went towards the JYP entertainment building, wondering what could have happened, making Jay Park suddenly call him out. He wasn't expecting at all any kind of call from anyone as he organized that romantic night to spend with GuiGui. He was feeling apologetic towards her for postponing at the last minute their meeting.
 
When he arrived to his destination he walked towards the main office of their big boss and knocked onto the door, he wanted to finish that meeting with him as soon as he can so he will finally meet his girlfriend.
 
"Good evening"  Taecyeon bowed his head to the man who was comfortably sitting behind the desk
 
"Taecyeon-ah you're here" he lifted his eyes to look at him "Come, take a seat" he then said, offering him the vacant chair positioned to the front of his wide desk
 
"Did something happened?" he asked as soon as he sat on the padded seat
 
"I'll make this conversation short and painless. How's the shooting going with Global We got Married?"
 
"Hmm?" he uttered, surprised by his sudden question "It's going smoothly. Wae yo?"
 
"Nothing.. I just wanted to know how it was developing" he placed his elbows on the desk and straightly looked at him "I heard that you wrote a song for the girl in the program with you"
 
"Ye" he shortly replied, confirming what he just said
 
"I see.." he paused for a while, his facial expression changed into a serious one "I also heard you confessed your feelings to her. Don't you think you went overboard just for a show?" he glared at him, waiting for his answer
 
"I just expressed what are my real feelings" he bravely answered to Jay Park
 
"Did you really fall for her?" but he didn't wait for Taecyeon's answer because it was obviously visible through his eyes that he indeed fell for GuiGui "Listen, I understand your feelings and I respect them but do you know that you just disobey my rules? I stated before when I formed 2PM that before doing anything I want to be informed of whatever you guys are up to. Your sudden confession, do you think that everyone will congratulate you both and give you full blessings? No Taecyeon" he hardly said "You became what you are now and that's thanks to me, to yourself and most of all to your fans who supports you all the time. Probably the 20% of people who loves watching GWGM and ships you two as a couple will be happy to see you guys as real lovers but what about the remaining 80%? How about the Hottest and your members who are on the same boat as you?" he paused for a second "Taecyeon, you're on the top of your career now. Don't ruin what you worked hard for just for a puppy love"
 
"It's just not a puppy love because I'm not an adolescent anymore" he looked straight at the man who was sitting in front of him "I love GuiGui.."
 
Instead of listening to what Taecyeon just said, he sharply glared at him "Think wisely, are you ready to sacrifice your career just for the sake of your feelings? Do you think she'll be happy if you do this? I won't just easily allow you to throw away everything. If you still choose to disobey me, then you are forcing me to use forceful methods" he lowered his eyes to check Taecyeon's schedule on his laptop "In the meantime I'll give you space to carefully think about my words then we'll talk about this matter once again" he lastly said and focused his eyes on the screen of his expensive laptop, silently getting rid of the person who was sitting in front of him.
 
At the end of their conversation, Taecyeon went back to his dorm feeling powerless. How can everything screw-up in just a blink of an eye, now that everything was nearly perfect?
He sighed as he walked the road that will lead him to his place, not far from him he saw a girl standing beside the white gate of a building. His heart ached when he saw GuiGui happily smiling at him...
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
Tatatataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan....Are you surprise by the sudden turnover of the story? kekeke This is what I was talking about before, about a certain situation that I needed to write and that's why this story won't end that easily ^___^
I hope you still enjoy reading the continuation of this fanfic and will continue supporting it until it ends! FIGHTING~~~~!!!!!!