CH.11 Love Footprints

Love Footprints
GuiGui blinked her eyes, for an instant she thought that she was dreaming and the one standing all alone in the street in the middle of the night, looking above to the window of her apartment was just her silly mind playing games on her causing hallucination.
 
"GuiGui?" his voice coming from the other line abruptly brought her back to the reality. It wasn't a dream, Taecyeon was really there. Her heart started to beat faster than normal, the thought of him taking the plane from Korea to reach her and using a taiwanese carrier to make her answer the call totally melted her heart. How can she stay angry at him if he acts like that?
 
"I know you can hear me, if you don't want to meet me then just hear what I'm going to say" he paused, taking all his strenght to start the long explanation he prepared in those two long weeks. Just when he was going to explain everything rain drops from up above started to pour down, but instead of searching for a shelter to avoid to get wet he stayed at the same place and looked at her.
 
"Wait.." GuiGui ran towards the living room to search for an umbrella. She grabbed the first one that she saw and ran towards the elevator and entered it, impatiently waiting for it to reach the ground floor. She opened the gate and opened the umbrella walking towards Taecyeon who was still standing at the same place "What are you doing?" she worriedly asked him, placing the umbrella on his head "You will get sick if you stay with those soaked clothes"
 
"It's okay" he smiled at her but his smile didn't reach his eyes. He looked so tired and unhappy, seeing him like that made her feel guilty "Listen to me first"
 
"Let's first go to my place to change your clothes"
 
"I'm okay..now that we finally meet you first need to listen to me" he insisted, totally forgetting that it was raining heavily
 
"Okay" she looked at him while they were under the same umbrella
 
"What you saw..." he started, pausing after that "I think you misunderstood it. There's nothing going on between me and Jessica" he paused once again to intimate her to don't complain and just silently listen to him "I know you don't want to hear my explanation but you need to atleast listen my version. Three years ago I confessed to her, I admit it that time I really liked her but she never saw me as a man. To her eyes I was like a little brother" a long awkward silence followed after that "That night when you saw us together, I didn't expect her to come to our dorm. Whenever she have a fight with her boyfriend she runs towards me believing that I can comfort her, at first I was okay with it because after my confession we decided to remain friends. But when I noticed that she was taking for granted the situation I tried to distance myself. However, she still believes that I have feelings for her, believe me GuiGui I don't. That was all in the past" he honestly said, finally opening his heart to her "And when she kissed me, I was shocked that she went that far.."
 
"Don't you think she likes you too?" GuiGui tried to hold back the pain that she was starting to feel once again by saying those words
 
"I'm sure she doesn't like me. If she really does then she wouldn't treat the one that she likes like a third-wheel" he looked at her in the eyes "I'm sorry if I unintentionally hurted you, sorry for making you cry.."
 
"Hmm.." she shaked her head, Mei was right she needed to hear his explanation first before judging him "Sorry too, for not listening to you first" after her apologize they both looked at each other and smiled, all the pain, anger and sadness disappeared in an instant "You came here by yourself? How did you know where I live?"
 
"Secret" he weasely replied, he felt so much better after telling her the truth. Seeing her bright smile comforted his heart that was in pain and lonely for the two past weeks they didn't communicate "Achoo" he suddenly sneezed, making GuiGui startle
 
"I told you that we should have go to my place first" she said and walked towards the gate, heading to her apartment where he can change his wet clothes. They silently took the elevator with Taecyeon sneezing non-stop. 
When they reached the 3rd floor she fastly opened the door of her place and let him come in, it was the first time he stepped inside her house, his first time to see her place. She ran towards the bathroom and came out few seconds later holding a white towel.
 
"You can use this to dry yourself off" she handed him the towel "That door over there is the bathroom, you can change your clothes there" she then paused, wondering if he had some dry and clean clothes with him "Do you have some clothes with you?"
 
"Yeah" he answered while opening his brown backpack, luckily the clothes that he brought with him didn't get wet by the heavy rain. He walked towards the bathroom and closed the door behind him.
 
"Just leave your wet clothes there, I'll dry them up later"
 
After hearing what she just said, a real smile finally appeared on his lips. He really missed seeing her face, her bright smile, the sound of her voice, of her laugh. He missed everything about her. And now that they are okay it felt like a huge thorn was finally removed from his heart.
 
Few minutes later he went outside the bathroom and searched for GuiGui who was busy preparing something in the kitchen.
 
"What are you doing?" he asked, curious to know what she was cooking
 
"I'm making a hot soup" she stirred the yellowish liquid on the pot "I put the beaten eggs and sweetcorn on it"
 
"Your culinary skill improved" he complemented her while intently staring at GuiGui preparing something for him. He sat on the vacant chair and looked around him, her place was really simple and cozy, he felt good staying with her even just like that.
 
"Here" GuiGui placed a soup bowl in front of him "You need to finish this"
 
Taecyeon took the spoon and tasted the soup that she made "Hmm..it's delicious!" he exclaimed, totally shocked by the taste.
 
"So..." GuiGui sat in front of him, watching him eating the soup that she prepared "Did you get here by yourself?" she asked, putting her chin on her right hand
 
"I told you it's a secret" he laughed, GuiGui was really curious to know how did he get there
 
"Oppa..."
 
"Hmm?" his smile widened upon hearing her calling him in that way
 
"Why you don't want to tell me?"
 
"GuiGui.." he looked at her, a second ago he was full of smiles now his facial expression changed into a serious one
 
"What?" she was expecting that he will finally answer her question
 
"Thank you for the food" he said instead, once again smiling wide. He was amused to watch GuiGui pouting her lips, acting offended by his silly trick. They talked for few more hours enjoying each others company when Taecyeon noticed the time on the wall clock placed in the wall of the kitchen, it was already 11 p.m "You need to rest now, I'm going to the hotel" he said and stood up from the chair while holding the soup bowl placing it inside the sink.
 
"Achoo" another sneeze escaped from his lips, he was starting to feel dizzy with his throat dry and scrathcy.
 
"Are you okay?" GuiGui went near him, at his nod she placed her hand on his forehead. To her surprise he was burning up with fever "You're hot" she worriedly stared at him, she can't just let him go outside in that state, besides it was still raining heavily.
 
"I'm okay" he insisted, though it was clearly visible the opposite
 
"Stop acting cool" she grabbed his wrist and dragged him to her room "You need to rest"
 
"I booked a room in a hotel, I can rest there" he said, not wanting to disturb her nor make her worry about his health
 
"Oppa.." this time she used an authoritative tone "I can't let you go outside in this state, what if you suddenly faint?"
 
They stared at each other and silently fought for few seconds. When he saw that GuiGui refused to give up he released a sigh, admitting his defeat.
 
"Arasso.." he paused, feeling powerless by her stubborness
 
"Lay down on the bed and rest" she ordered him and went outside the room to pick some things in the kitchen.
 
When GuiGui left him, he sat on her bed and looked around him. Her room was very clean and tidy, it was simple nevertheless also girly. The caterpillar stuffed toy that he bought for her was on the bed, beside her pillow. He smiled, pleased to know that she still cherish and keep the things he gave to her. 
After few minutes, when he heard the sound of her footsteps, he immediately lay down on the soft mattress, covering himself with the white bed sheets.
He closed his eyes, inhaling the sweet scent of the bed sheets, feeling lucky to be there with her and sleep on her bed. He coulnd't describe in words how happy he feels in that moment, a sweet smile designed his lips as he finally fall asleep..
 
 
GuiGui was going back to her room when she forgot to take a small towel with her. She put the bowl filled with cool water on the table and went to the bathroom to search for a washcloth. Few seconds later she was returning back once again to her room, she thought that Taecyeon was still awake but to her surprise he was already sleeping on her bed.
She silently walked towards him and placed the bowl next to the bedside table, she took a chair and sat on his right side and moved away the hair from his forehead, feeling his temperature. 
 
"Hmm.." he complained and started shaking
 
At that view GuiGui immediately soaked the washcloth in the water and squeezed it, placing it on his forehead to cool his body temperature down. She learned that excess application only makes the situation even worse causing shivering, thereby increasing the core body temperature, so she repeated the same thing just when the cloth was warm.
 
"GuiGui" he called out her name while he was in pain due to the high fever "Mian-hae" he whispered afterwards
 
Hearing Taecyeon calling her and apologizing totally melted her, touching the inner strings of her pained and lonely heart. She felt guilty for treating him badly during the past few weeks, for ignoring his calls and messages and also for being stubborn for not giving him a chance to explain before.
 
"It's okay" she said and held tight his hand, her eyes were starting to get teary touched by that moment. She caressed his soft hair and took care of him throughout the night..
 
***
 
Taecyeon rubbed his eyes with his left hand and slowly opened them, he frowned while looking around him feeling unfamiliar with the place, it wasn't 2pm's dorm neither a hotel room. Few seconds later he remembered everything that happened last night, he was sick and GuiGui insisted to make him stay at her place. At GuiGui's thought he searched for her and found her sleeping on a chair placed right next to him while holding tight his right hand.
 
He sat on the bed, at the same time the wet washcloth fell down from his forehead. He stared at it and then moved his eyes to stare at her, that's when he noticed the bowl filled with water on the bedside table.
A sweet and fluttering feeling surrounded his heart, surrounding it with a heart-warming feeling. The girl who was now sleeping on the chair while holding tight his hand stayed up all night and took care of him. No one ever did something like that for him, except his own mother. 
At that view he was really touched by what she have done, his feelings for her just grew stronger than before confirming that GuiGui was indeed the right one for him.
 
"Hmm.." she complained, opening up her eyes to see Taecyeon fully awake "Are you okay?" she immediately asked him and placed her hand on his forehead. She released a long sigh of relief when she felt that his fever finally cooled down "I'm going to prepare something for you to eat" she stood up from the chair and let his hand go but Taecyeon grabbed it once again making her turn around "What's wrong?" she asked, confused by his behaviour
 
"Nothing" he shaked his head and smiled sweetly "She's my right one" he thought, confirming to himself that GuiGui is definitely the right woman for him.
 
"I'll be back in a while" she said and walked out of the room, heading fastly to the kitchen. She was busy preparing the same french toast she prepared for him before during an episode for GWGM when she suddenly heard a ringing tone re-echoing in the living room. Few seconds later she heard Taecyeon's voice answering the call from his mobile phone.
 
"Hello?" he answered the call in korean "Yeah, I'll be back there in the early afternoon before our schedule" he paused,listening to what the other's line saying "I get it" he lastly said and then ended the call.
 
He then reached GuiGui who was busy preparing the breakfast for him, placing himself right next to her "What are you preparing?"
 
"French toasts" she looked at him and smiled brightly
 
"It's been a long time since I last ate it" he replied,recalling the last time she prepared it for him for the first time.
 
The two enjoyed eating breakfast together without any camera filming each movement or hear every word they say. It was a new refreshing feeling for both of them, as they can enjoy more each other's company without worrying about their surroundings.
 
"Do you feel better now?" she asked him while pouring the orange juice on his glass
 
"Yeah, I feel better now" he smiled at her "Thank you for taking care of me" he continued and said those words from the bottom of his heart.
 
Embarassed GuiGui just nodded and repaid him with a shy smile.
 
"I need to go back to Korea today" he was against on returning back that early,not when he was having a good time with her but he couldn't throw that easily his responsibilities. He had a schedule with s to attend to and he can't absolutely miss it.
 
"Okay" she reluctantly replied, the truth was she didn't want him to leave
 
"We'll meet next week,right?"
 
"Next week?"
 
"Yeah, for GWGM" he said, while helping her to clear the table
 
"Ah..right.." somehow she was disappointed by his answer. She was expecting that he was talking about meeting her privately without the staff crew of the tv show and maybe spend time with him like what they did last night and also a part of that day. But once again she was expecting too much, Taecyeon and her didn't have that kind of relationship...
 
 
***
 
 
Taecyeon was lying on his bed while staring at the white wall ceiling of his room, his mind was in some other place as he thinks of the girl who was fully occupying his thoughts. Six nights already passed since the last time she met her and finally tomorrow morning they'll meet again. He lifted his right hand and stared at it, a foolish smile designed his lips while thinking at the moment where she was holding it tight when he was sick.
 
"GuiGui" he whispered, calling out her name. After pronouncing her name his gums became visible because of his wide smile. 
 
He continued thinking about her for hours, that night he couldn't sleep at all as he was starting to feel nervous about the "thing" he especially prepared for her, hoping that finally it will reach her heart.
 
 
 
The day after Taecyeon looked nervously at the wall clock of the room, few more hours and he will meet GuiGui to finally show her what he prepared for that day. He went near the staff male to ask him if everything was settled up because he wanted everything to be perfect, he also checked the papers and arranged them.
 
"It's all okay" the man said after checking the lights
 
"I'm counting on you" he patted the man's back then went to meet the cameramen and the whole staff who were in charge to film their dates, explaining them his plan for that day. The people after hearing his words smiled pleased and nodded in agreement to his secret plan.
 
After the meeting he prepared himself too to meet GuiGui. On his mind, he was revising the words he would say to not make her suspect onto anything as he was also silently repeating to him self thay everything must be perfect. 
While walking down the street, he saw GuiGui standing beside the bus stop while looking around her, searching and waiting for him.
 
"Annyeong" he waved his hand as he walks towards her 
 
"Annyeong" she replied back, smiling at him
 
"How are you?" he asked, masking the tension that he was feeling
 
"Fine, and you?" 
 
"Fine also" he never felt so nervous in his entire life, that was the first time he ever felt in that way
 
"Where are we going?" GuiGui asked, clueless about what was on his mind
 
"What did you do this past week?" he asked back, avoiding her question
 
"Me? Hmm..." she paused for a while thinking about the answer to his question "I took pictures for a fashion magazine then filmed for a drama" she answered
 
" I see"
 
"But where are we going?" she asked once again, people who noticed them started to take pictures and shout Taecyeon's name.
 
"It's such a nice day today" he replied vaguely, not hinting anything to her
 
When they arrived at the place, Taecyeon guided her inside the JYP entertainment building with the cameramen following them. 
 
"Oppa?" 
 
They took the elevator and waited for it to reach the 4th floor. When they reached it, he grabbed her hand and opened a door, just when she was about to look inside Taecyeon covered her eyes with his wide hand.
 
"Oppa??What are you doing?"
 
"Wait.." he guided her inside the room and intimate her to sit in a chair "Wait here" he lastly said and left her alone.
 
GuiGui slowly opened her eyes, she couldn't see anything because the lights were all turned off leaving the room dark and also scary. She frowned her brows as she couldn't understand what was going on. Few seconds later the sound of the piano re-echoed in the room followed by the lights that were slowly pointing on the source of that beautiful melody. Even the whole staff were catched by the music played.
GuiGui closed her eyes to feel and hear more the stunning melody, touching the inner heartstrings of her soul. Every key pressed, every note played conveyed the feelings of the person who was playing it. 
 
She never heard someone playing the piano so wonderfully, a smile appeared on her lips as she enjoys every second of it, listening to that graceful melody.
 
"GuiGui" at the sound of his voice she opened her eyes and looked at him sitting on the chair while facing the grand black piano "Remember when I told you I was writing a song?"
 
"Hmm" she nodded, she couldn't hide the smile that was hinting on her lips
 
"I said that I'll sing it to you once I finish writing the lyrics right?" he asked, reminiscing the moment they spent in the hotel. At her second nod he continued "You're the first one who will listen to this" he lastly said and concentrated to play and sing the music that he personally composed.
 
"The day when I first met you
I believe it wasn't a coincidence
It was destined by fate
If I hadn't met you before, I'm sure I will meet you someday, somewhere
 
Just like a sudden breeze you came across me
saving me from my loneliness
I know it's hard to believe my words 
but you are now my happiness
 
So I need you, don't ever leave my side
Baby will you, don't ever leave my hand
You're my everything, listen to all the words I sing

Promise me we'll never be apart
Ohh girl love footprints is what you left in my lonely heart
 
 
When I held your hand
I felt my heart stopped beating
It's crazy I know but I can't stop this feeling
Every day, every night all I think of is you
It's really making me crazy cause I don't know what to do
 
Can I selfishly say the 3 magical words?
Listen, L.O.V.E. is the main keyword..."
 
Taecyeon turned a bit to the right, taking a glimpse of GuiGui's reaction, he abruptly stopped playing the piano when he saw her wet eyes, a second later tears were falling down from them. He rushed and ran towards her, panicking about her reaction.
 
On the other side GuiGui wiped her tears away, the pain inside her heart was too much to handle that in the end tears just fell down from her eyes. The thought of ending that kind of relationship with him once they will wrap up and finish filming all the episodes made her feel sad and in pain. Also the fact that he organize all of that just for her, mixed all her undescribable feelings making her emotional.
 
"A-Are you crying?" he uttered, dumbfounded by her reaction "Don't cry.." he added a bit later while fanning her face with his hand
 
"I'm touched" she replied, trying to smile and hide her mixed feelings but the smile was too forced that it can obviously be considered fake
 
"GuiGui" he paused looking her directly in the eyes. He swallowed hard the fear and nervousness that he was feeling in that fleeting moment "I wanna confess that I composed this song while thinking of you" he initially said while staring at her teary eyes "I'm not very good at expressing my feelings so I hope that through this song I finally reached you. You will be probably shocked by all of this or maybe think that all of this is just a set-up for the show but believe me, it's not" he paused once again, trying to control the crazy and loud heartbeats that was assailing his chest "I tried to suppress these feelings but they became uncontrollable and the more I tried to run away from it the stronger it grows" he released a sigh, biting his lower lip "Saranghae" he finally pronounced the magical word, confessing the feelings that he uselessly repressed for all those months enclosed in that simple korean word.
 
GuiGui blinked her eyes, her tearducts suddenly closed stopping the tears. A shocked expression was now printed on her face, feeling astonished by Taecyeon's words leaving her speechless.
The staff were shocked as well, Taecyeon didn't inform them by that sudden confession but still they continued filming that unexpected but lovely look alike drama scene...
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
The lyrics of that oh so-called song is personally composed by me, I was inspired by this episode of TaecGui so I decided to compose a song by myself imagining that the song that Taec was talking about is that.. haha
Comments are always appreciated!! Please do kindly tell me your opinions about this chapter!
And thank you for supporting and reading my story!