CH.06 "Did you miss me?"

Love Footprints
"I still can't believe it" Mei shaked her head while she was eating a slice of cake "This is really what they call fate" she added,pointing the fork on GuiGui
 
"I don't want to call it fate" she paused for a while, she didn't want to ruin her own happiness but she wanted to be realistic "We're going to shoot for these special episodes and it will end, again" she marked the word "again" with a bitter expression on her face. 
 
Their last farewell was really heartbreaking, she couldn't control her tears and hide her sadness. For the first time on her life she experienced a pain that she never felt before, making it even hard to breathe as at that time her heart got really heavy and empty. She remembers how much she cried and how much she wanted that the show will continue for a year or two but it wasn't possible. With this unexpected opportunity she will meet and spend time with Taecyeon once again but deep inside her she doesn't want to experience the same feeling she felt before leaving her heart aching and longing for something more.
 
"Oh c'mon" Mei rolled her eyes "This is not the time to feel sad, just enjoy the time you'll spend together" she sweetly smile at her friend "Who knows? Maybe this oh so called break-up is a lesson for both of you, giving you time to figure out your real feelings for each other" she continued "Remember that love is not always easy. Sadness, happiness, loneliness,joy and pain are part of it. It isn't right if it doesn't have those emotions. So once you choose to open you heart to someone and love, be ready to accept even the dark side of it" she advised to her "Remember that I'm always here for you,okay?"
 
"Thank you Mei" somehow her wisdom words comforted her
 
"Let's change this serious topic" Mei laughed, trying to soothe the heavy air that was surrounding her friend "So...you'll be flying to Korea tomorrow?"
 
"Yes, my flight is at 11 a.m" she smiled, just talking about it made her smile even wider "I need to film for a drama in the early morning and then immediately fly to Korea after that"
 
"What time do you need to shoot?"
 
"I need to be at the set at 5 a.m" she answered while checking her agenda
 
"That's so early!" Mei exclaimed, pitying her friend who needs to get up early "Luckily I'm a freelancer so I can wake up whenever I want" she chuckled at her own words "Don't forget to update me about the happenings,okay?"
 
"Okay okay" she laughed at her friend's persistence.
 
 
 
The next morning GuiGui was already awake at 3.30 a.m and went to the kitchen to prepare her own breakfast, she didn't really sleep last night because she kept on thinking if it's true that Taecyeon and her will meet again. It was really unbelievable from her perspective,something that she absolutely not imagine that will ever happen, but the reality is just few hours are dividing them from meeting each other again. With that thought she fastly eat the toast that she made and went to the bathroom to take a shower. She then called her manager telling her that she was ready to go to the set. The faster she finishes filming, the sooner she'll meet Taecyeon.
 
"Are you okay?" her manager asked her while she was waiting for GuiGui to change into her clothes. The shooting finally ended and she was just waiting for GuiGui to get ready so that they can head to the airport "You woke up early this morning and didn't even have a break from filming" she was worried that GuiGui will collapse due to fatigue "Do you need something?" her manager asked her
 
"I'm okay" she replied from the dressing room "Can you buy me an orange juice?" she asked while wearing a mint blouse with some floral designs paired up with a simple dyed black jeans
 
"Okay, I'll be back in a while"
 
GuiGui was busy checking her outfit when she heard someone knocking on the door of the dressing room, she blinked her eyes, surprised to know that her manager came back already.
 
"You're fast at getting me an orange.." she said and opened the door, to her surprise it wasn't her manager who knocked few seconds ago. She couldn't even finish what she was saying and just looked at the one who was now standing in front of her eyes.
 
"Hi" a smiley Taecyeon greeted her 
 
She immediately closed the door and leaned on it "Wait.." she blinked her eyes "What the?!" she thought in disbelief
 
"Why did you close the door?" Taecyeon knocked on it once again "Don't you want to see me?" he hilariously asked, making the staff laugh. He was surprised to see GuiGui's reaction, he thought that she would be happy to see him there but it was totally the opposite "GuiGui" he said, calling out her name. Few seconds later, she was slowly opening the door.
 
"Why are you here?" she asked, she was supposed to take her flight and meet him in Korea. Instead the situation totally reversed.
 
"Don't you want me to be here?" Taecyeon slightly opened his mouth, acting offended by GuiGui's behaviour "I'm going back to Korea, now!" he pouted his lips turning his back on her. The staff were chuckling at their funny and mischievous actions.
 
"Wait...oppa" she followed him and grabbed his right arm "That's not what I meant" she said "I thought that we will meet in Korea, I was surprised to see you here" she tried to explain
 
"It was a surprise" he said with a wide smile, hearing her calling him "oppa" has still the same effect on him
 
"I'm touched" it was really nice of him to take the plane and meet her in her country.
 
"So how have you been?" he asked while looking at her in the eyes. It's been long since they met and talked like that, somehow being with her again gave him a refreshing feeling
 
"Fine" now that he was with her she was feeling better  "How about oppa?"
 
"I'm doing fine too. I've been a bit busy but everything's okay" he answered and then smiled.
 
"Where are we going?" she then asked while they were heading out the set. Whenever they met people from the staff of her drama, Taecyeon slightly bowed to them and genuinely greet them in korean. At that view, GuiGui couldn't help to think that he was really considerate and cute.
 
"Well.." he started and made a funny expression " We're going to celebrate our re-union" he happily announced, opening his arms wide.
 
Looking at his funny face was enough to make GuiGui laugh. She really missed being with him.
 
"Let's go" he said heading out of the building "Let's first have a date like a normal couple and then buy something to eat" he proposed 
 
"Okay" she followed him walking down the shopping area street of Xinyi district.
 
"Let me see your hand" he said and waited for GuiGui to raise it up to him "There's a missing thing" he continued and then suddenly grabbed it, holding her hand tight
 
GuiGui smiled pleased as she stares at their locked hands. She was amused that Taecyeon took the first move, she remembers that before she complained that whenever they go outside he forgets to hold her hand. They cutely swing their hands while happily chatting, she was really happy to have this simple date and experience it in her native country, it was really a new feeling for her.
People around them started to recognize Taecyeon, she can hear some girls screaming "Oh my it's Taecyeon from 2pm" and started to take pictures. It was difficult to not notice them, especially the man who was holding her hand tight.
 
"How about we go there?" she pointed the Starbucks shop across the street
 
"You wanna go there?" he asked while crossing the pedestrian line with her followed by the cameramen and staff
 
"Um" she nodded while checking both sides of the streets
 
When they were inside the shop GuiGui told him to search for a vacant table for the two of them "You wait here and I'll order for us, okay?" she added, at his nod she walked away.
 
At that instance Taecyeon grabbed his cellphone to check the time. Just three more hours and he'll need to get ready for the special event that he prepared for her. Just the thought of it makes him nervous already.
Few minutes later GuiGui came back with a brown tray, clueless about what was on Taecyeon's mind.
 
"I ordered this for you oppa" placing the cold green tea drink on his side
 
"Thanks" he replied and drank a sip of it "So..." he paused for a while, he wanted to ask her feelings about their re-union but something caught his attention. A plastic glass full of ice cubes were on the tray "What are you going to do with these?"
 
"I asked for some extra ice because I want my drink to be cold" she explained and paused for a second "Ah oppa.."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Let's play a game" she evily smiled at him
 
"Ige mwoya?" he looked around him "Now? What kind of game?"
 
"This" she grabbed an ice cube "Kai bai bo and the loser will have this on his back"
 
"Okay" he closed his eyes,silently praying to win "Kai bai bo!" they recited together, at their first try both of them chose the paper sign "Kai bai bo!" they said once again.
 
GuiGui laughed out loud when Taecyeon lost as the rock beats the scissor. She took an ice cube from the plastic glass and went near him, to her surprise Taecyeon backed up.
 
"GuiGui" he said cutely, imitating her whenever she lose at one of their games "GuiGui" he repeated while grabbing her right arm
 
"Oppa andwae! You're the loser" she insisted making him turn his back on her "Come here"
 
Taecyeon sighed and reluctantly turned around, few seconds later he felt the cold ice cube running down to his back making him shiver. At his hilarious reaction the whole staff laughed but the one who was enjoying it more than anyone else was GuiGui.
 
"Again again!" she said excited
 
"Kai bai bo!" at their second match, GuiGui lost. Taecyeon grabbed one ice cube and gave her an evil smile
 
"Oppa" she cutely called him and pouted her lips "It's cold"
 
"No, it's not cold. Come here" he smiled at her, enjoying that funny moment. GuiGui shivered feeling the cold ice going down to her spinal cord. At the sound of Taecyeon's laughter she gave him a sharp look.
The two enjoyed talking with each other and treasured every single minute together until Taecyeon looked at the watch on his wrist and stood up from the chair.
 
"Let's go outside" he offered. It was time to show her what he prepared.
 
They walked for fifteen minutes until he reached the specific place where he decided to organize the event. He looked at GuiGui who was clueless about the happenings and told her that he needed to go back to the shop because he forgot something. He lied because he needed time to prepare everything.
 
On the other side GuiGui patiently waited for Taecyeon at the fountain near Taipei 101. The sky was slowly getting dark, she didn't realized that she almost spent the whole day with Taecyeon because she was having a good time and enjoying every single second together. While waiting for him, GuiGui looked around her. Her attention was caught by a girl holding a red heart shaped balloon, a group of girls near her was holding also the same balloon and so does the man who was standing near a street lamp. Also people who were walking near her was holding the same exact kind of balloon, she frowned wondering where those people bought those balloons. Few seconds later as if someone silently gave them a signal, those people released simultaneously the red balloons letting them fly in the vast sky.
 
After that a sweet melody was played, filling the air with a romantic atmosphere. GuiGui frowned while looking around her, confused about the whole situation itself. At that exact moment the fountain started to pour water, she blinked her eyes as she still can't understand what was going on. On the opposite side of the fountain where she was standing, she can barely see someone who was also standing parallel to her. She laughed when he recognized that it was Taecyeon, holding a white heart shaped balloon and a stuffed toy.
He walked towards her, shortening the distance between them, when he was in front of GuiGui he looked at her eyes and asked her to read what was written on the balloon. She raised her eyes and read what was written on it "Did you miss me?" it was asking
 
"So?" Taecyeon smiled, anticipating GuiGui's answer. To her shy nod his smile got wider "I missed you too" he confessed and gave her the balloon and the three eyed alien stuffed toy.
 
"I'm moved" she said and still can't directly look at him "Thank you" was all she was able to say, she was too speechless to express the happiness that she was feeling in that moment. Taecyeon has really the power to amaze her everytime..
 
 
 
At the backstage interview, Taecyeon went first and sat on the chair.
 
 
"Why did you organize this special event at your first meeting after months?"
 
"Well as you all know, we are not a romantic couple type. Instead we're more a funny and crazy couple" he laughed at his own words "I wanted to change that fact and tried my best to show her that I can be romantic too"
 
"Do you think your wife liked the special event?"
 
"I hope so" he paused for a while "But based on her reaction and smile I think yes" he confidently answered
 
"Will you prepare more romantic events in the future?"
 
"잠깐만요!" he hilariously said "I can't do these kind of events all the time, I said I'm trying to be a romantic type" he laughed "But I'll try, I'll surely try" he added and gave a sweet smile
 
 
 
 
"What was the most memorable moment that happened today?"
 
"Our meeting" GuiGui smiled while reminiscing that moment "I thought that we were going to meet in Korea so I didn't expect at all that the situation will be reversed, I was really surprised" she paused for a while "And of course the special event that he did"
 
"What was your first thought at the the event that he personally organized?"
 
"I thought "My husband is so handsome" that what the first thing that came into my mind" she laughed at her own words "At first I was confused about the whole situation. People around me was holding the same balloon and also released it to the sky at the same time, for a moment I thought they were filming for a movie " she chuckled
 
"Your husband said that he'll try to do more romantic events in the future"
 
"He said that?" she smiled pleased by Taecyeon's effort "He will spoil me" she then hilariously added making the staff laugh at her honest answers.
 
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
This is the place where Taecyeon did the event. I personally search for each locations that I mention in my fic, even in the past chapters that I've posted before. The locations are all real, I know I can make up everything but I want that my fic would atleast take place in real locations ^^
Hope you enjoy reading this chapter, thanks for giving me strenght by leaving comments ^__^ i'm really thankful.