CH.15 Sweet Lullaby

Love Footprints
Nickhun nervously stared at the screen of his phone and dialled once again Taecyeon's number, it was already 8.40 p.m and their flight is scheduled that night at 09.10 p.m.
 
"Aish...what is he doing?" he murmured as he was starting to feel irritated
 
"Still no answer?" on the other hand Mei tried to contact her friend but just as Taecyeon she wasn't answering to her calls "GuiGui c'mon pick up the phone"
He understood that his friend wanted to spend time alone with his girlfriend but he should also take note that they need to go back in Korea since their big boss Jay Park didn't knew anything, just their members knew about what they secretly organized.
He once again stared at the screen of his mobile phone, another five minutes passed. If they continue like that, they'll surely miss their flight.
 
"What about we search for them?" he suggested to Mei, when the girl nodded they started looking for couples who resembles Taecyeon and GuiGui. But even after their effort to find the two, it was useless. The time was over, it was already 9 p.m and they officially missed their flight "It's no use.." he released a soundful sigh of frustration. How can he be so irresponsible? He closed his eyes, trying to contain and calm the anger that was slowly rising up.
 
"Mei!" GuiGui's voice re-echoed in the air. He fastly opened up his eyes to search for the source of that female voice
 
When the couple stopped in front of them, Nickhun stood up from the bench where he was sitting and faced his friend "Neo..." he paused for a second, sharply glaring at Taecyeon "Neo micheosseo?"
 
"Mwuh rah go?" he frowned after hearing Nickhun's words
 
"Do you know what time is it?" he tried to inhale the fresh air and slowly exhaled  it, trying hard to calm himself down "It's past 9 p.m and we missed our flight" as if Taecyeon was carefully analizing his words he searched his phone inside his brown backpack and saw the endless numbers of missed calls from Nickhun.
 
"Mianhe" he whispered seconds later, he totally lost the sense of time because he was enjoying GuiGui's company, it was entirely his fault.
 
"Listen, I understand your situation but you also need to be responsible of your actions. You know that Jay Park doesn't know anything of all of this and our members are just covering us up. What if he discovers everything? You're putting in risk not just yourself but us as well" he vent out his anger on him, he was afraid of the consequence of their impulsive actions
 
"I know, it's my fault. I will take full responsibility of whatever will happen" he checked  his phone, searching for some other flights
 
"We can't go back now, Wooyoung just sent me a message saying that big boss invited them to go out for dinner. The members made up a story saying that I went to Busan with you to find your parents"
 
GuiGui stared at the two boys who were discussing in Korean, unfortunately she understood just few words but not the entire conversation. But somehow she sensed that Nickhun was a bit annoyed, based on his facial expression "Is there something wrong?"
 
The two moved their eyes on her, but it was Nickhun who looked away first giving Taecyeon the opportunity to explain what just happened.
 
"We missed our flight and it's my fault" he confessed to her
 
"Ahh.." she stared at Nickhun who was still avoiding her eyes, now she understands why he's so pissed "Can't you take an another one?"
 
"No because..."
 
"Nickhun" the cold tone of Taecyeon's voice abruptly stopped him from explaining the reason
 
"We decided to go back tomorrow morning" he said instead, forcing himself to smile at her "We'll just search for a hotel where we can stay for the night"
 
Feeling partly guilty for making them miss their flight GuiGui lowered her eyes thinking of a solution to their problem and try to help them. Few seconds later she lifted her head and stared at his boyfriend "How about you stay at my place?"
 
"What?" Taecyeon opened his eyes wide, surprised to hear GuiGui's words
 
"Yes, instead of booking a room just for few hours and spend more money. My house is quite big so you can stay there for the night"
 
"No GuiGui, it's okay. We can find a hotel.." he replied, besides he didn't want to bring Nickhun with him to see where she lives
 
"Oppa..." she sharply glared at him, insisting that he should just accept her offer without complaining "There's nothing wrong about it, I just want to help" at her stubborness their eyes battled for  few seconds, he was impressed on how can she stand up high against him without lowering her gaze. 
 
"Arasso arasso.." he sighed, defeated by her invincible powers. He knew that even if he rejects her offer she will insist until she obtain what she wants.
 
They all followed her without any complaint, it's hard to make GuiGui change her mind after she decides something, even Taecyeon can't shake her.
When they all reached her house, Nickhun looked around him and silently complimented GuiGui's place. It was very neat and clean, simple but cozy. His eyes wandered the whole apartment and silently praised GuiGui's place,it was way bigger and spacious than their dorm. The interior design was simple but at the same time it was modern and classy "Your house is really nice" he said out loud, she must have put aside a lot of money and worked hard to have that kind of apartment.
 
"Thank you" she smiled at him and run towards a room, coming back few seconds later to give them a pair of slippers "Make yourselves comfortable and feel at home, I'm going to prepare the room where you'll sleep"
The two boys nodded in sync and they sat on the cream sofa in the living room. Somehow it felt weird for Taecyeon to be at GuiGui's place with some other guy, even if it was one of s. He should have been the only one who has the privilege to visit her home, thinking it in that way it looked like he's greedy and too over-protective on GuiGui but he couldn't help but feel in that way.
 
Nickhun on the other side was surfing the net with his mobile phone, he usually check the new news to be updated on what's happening to the entertainment world. A particular news article caught his attention "Look at this.." from the headline it was written: "Who's the mysterious ideal type of Kim Hyun Joong?" he clicked on the screen to open the news, Taecyeon peeked on his phone to read what was written on it.
 
"From the recent interview of MBC TV Section, they suprised the Hallyu star Kim Hyun Joong visiting him during his break time for a photoshooting from Basic House, the popular clothe brand that he's currently endorsing.
In relation to what the interviewer asked him about his ideal type, Kim Hyun Joong first answered the question vaguely. It is well-known that Kim Hyun Joong's ideal type is Lee Hyori as he stated it by himself before on various tv programs, confirming indeed that he admires the y diva. But it seems that now his ideal type radically changed as he added to his first answer "Girls who have a bright smile is the best because it could lighten up your day whenever you have a bad mood. If she is also funny, kind and pretty it would be perfect"
 
To this the interviewer asked if he has someone on mind while describing his ideal type and Kim Hyun Joong shyly nodded. The fans were shocked by his sudden confession, wondering who's the mysterious girl that caught his heart.."
 
While Nickhun was reading out loud the article, Taecyeon reminisced the time where he bumped into him at the radio station...
 
"GuiGui told me that you are shooting for a few more episodes for GWGM"
 
"Yes we are" he grit his teeth when he heard him addrssing GuiGui informally as if they knew each other for a long time
 
"She probably told you that we will be working together once again,right?" he paused and stared at him "I'm really happy to work with her, she's a nice girl"
 
His face became stiff and expressionless upon hearing Hyun Joong's words, he didn't want him to seehow irritated he feels in that moment "I'm also happy that Hyung says that she's a nice girl. Then I'm lucky to have her as my wife" he joked, trying to vent out his anger by forcing himself to laugh
 
"Just for the show" he sarcastically replied
 
"Is there something wrong about it?" he was now feeling annoyed by his attitude, he wanted to respect him because he's much older than him but he was crossing the line.
 
"I have nothing against you Taecyeon, but I think I need to say this for respect  to both of us" he paused for a while then looked straight at him "I like GuiGui..."
 
He frowned after having that flashback. He was starting to feel uneasy by his unexpected confession, though he didn't loudly say the name of the girl whom he was talking about, he was 100% sure that the girl he is referring to is GuiGui.
 
"Gwenchana?" Nickhun tilted his head to look at Taecyeon's face, his long silence bothered him a bit
 
"Hmm?Uh..yeah" he tried to shake away the anxiety that he was starting to feel. Even if GuiGui and him finally admitted their feelings for each other, now his biggest fear is to lose her.
 
"Did something happened between you and Hyun Joong sunbae?"  he stared at him, wondering what could have happened between the two
 
"About that..."
 
"Are you hungry?" Mei peeked from the kitchen door, interrupting abprutly the conversation of the two guys
 
"I'm not.." Taecyeon shortly replied, then he stood up from the sofa and searched for GuiGui. He needed to see her,now.
 
"How about you?" she moved her eyes on Nickhun "I can prepare some sandwiches if you want"
 
"Okay, I'll help you" he also stood up and walked towards the kitchen
 
Taecyeon looked around him and wondered where GuiGui was hiding. He went to her place before but never really tour himself around. At the opened door on the left side he looked quickly inside it and finally saw her. She was turning her back on him and was intently folding the white bed sheets. She unaware of his presence. He silently and slowly walked
he was turning her back on him and was intently folding the white bed sheets. She unaware of his presence.
He silently and slowly walked towards her, a sweet and pleased smile curved his lips as he suddenly wrapped his arms around her, hugging her from the back.
her, a sweet and pleased smile curved his lips as he suddenly wrapped his arms around her, hugging her from the back.
 
"Taec...?" she lifted her head and saw his smiling face "You surprised me!"
 
"Did I?" he hugged her even tighter "What are you doing? I decided to search for you because you're taking it way too long" he cutely filled his mouth with air and pouted,imitating a ball fish
 
"I was just preparing the room for you and Nickhun" she replied, while holding tightly the bed sheets, crumpling it with her hands
 
"Why do I need to sleep with Nickhun?"
 
"W-What?" she uttered that single word in a cute and funny tone, making him want to more and see her reaction "Ah..you mean you don't want to sleep in the same room? There's an another guest room, you can stay there if you want"
 
"Where's yours?" he asked, while smelling the sweet scent of her hair
 
"My..what?"
 
"Your room" he shortly answered, trying to hide the smile that was hinting his lips
 
"Mine is the first door of this corridor, you saw it already right?"
 
"I want to sleep there" after those words, a long silence surrounded the room. Taecyeon was waiting for GuiGui's reaction but he couldn't see her face because he was still hugging her from the back, he wondered what was passing through her mind in that fleeting moment.
 
The white bed sheets fell from her hands, she was too shocked and embarassed by her boyfriend's confession. If he wants to sleep in her room that means that they would be sleeping together, on the same bed and share the same bed sheet.
She already jumped on the bed with him at the second episode of the tv show, but that circumstance was different from now. With the endless thoughts and questions floating inside her mind, she bit her lower lips not knowing what to reply to him.
 
On the other hand Taecyeon couldn't help himself anymore but laugh. He released her from his tight hug and kneeled down to pick the bed sheet on the floor.
 
"What are you thinking?" he pinched her right cheek and chuckled. How can she be cuter and vulnerable to his eyes? "I was just kidding..." when GuiGui looked at him he added "But...if you want me to sleep in your room, I would gladly accept the offer" this time it was GuiGui's turn to pinch his left cheek
 
"How can you easily joke around with those things?"
 
"What things?" he acted innocent while looking straight at her
 
"Ah...chincha" she complained and pouted her lips, to that view Taecyeon released a soundful laughter
 
"Neomu gwiyeowo" he grabbed her hand and took it away from his cheeks then he fastly lowered his head placing a sweet kiss on her pouted lips.
 
GuiGui blinked her eyes, surprised by Taecyeon's behaviour, the kiss was so fast that and caught her off-guard "Oppa!" she hit his shoulder but Taecyeon just laughed enjoying at full blast those moments.
 
***
 
"What do you think about GuiGui?" Mei suddenly asked Nickhun while they were busy preparing the sandwiches
 
"Hmm?GuiGui?" he looked at her, surprised by her question "Well..she's a nice girl"
 
"Just nice?" she tried to avoid eye-contact with him and just looked at the bread in front of her
 
"She's also pretty and cute" he added and placed the cheese on top of the ham
 
"Ah..is that so?" she slightly frowned upon hearing his words "Perhaps...do you like her?"
 
"Wha-Whaaat?" his reaction made Mei frown even more
 
"So you do?"
 
"Huh?No...Noooo" he shaked his head to emphasize his answer
 
"I think you slightly do. You're over-reacting to my question" she moved her eyes on the sandwich and silently curse it, hoping that Nickhun will be the one who'll eat it.
 
"Listen Mei, you're misunderstanding everyth..."
 
"What are you guys preparing?" Taecyeon popped out from nowhere and disturbed their conversation  "Sandwiches? Looks yummy!"
 
"Didn't you said that you weren't hungry?" Nickhun glared at him, how can his friend be so clumsy  and can't sense when he needs to stay away? Few minutes before he was all uneasy and unbearable and the second later he's full of smiles and happy
 
"Now I feel hungry" he shrugged his shoulders and grabbed a sandwich from the plate, clueless about the sharp look that his friend was throwing him
 
"Can you leave us alone?" he whispered to Taecyeon, talking in their language 
 
"What?"
 
"L-E-A-V-E US ALONE" he repeated, this time he grit his teeth trying to maintain his composure
 
"Ahh.." he took a fast glimpse on Mei who was busy making a sandwich "Arasso arasso" he gently tap Nickhun's back and walked out of the kitchen.
 
 
***
 
 
"Why did you make that kind of statement? Do you know that you're now on the headlines of the news?"
 
Hyun Joong looked outside the car, his manager was dumbfounded by his sudden short confession about having a special girl on mind "I think there's nothing wrong about admitting that I like someone" he said while contemplating the lights of the street lamps
 
"I know, but atleast you should inform me who's this mysterious girl.." he took a fast glimpse on him, checking his reaction
 
"Remember the girl with whom I filmed the latest CF for The Face Shop?"
 
"The cute and bubbly girl with a bright smile?" he paused for a second "Wait...you said that you're ideal type is someone who has a bright smile..Ah! So it's her!"
 
Hyun Joong stared at his mobile phone, the urge to call her was so strong, he wanted to hear her voice and the sound of her laugh but he was trying his best to slow down and not act impulsively. He can't even count anymore how many weeks passed since the last time he saw GuiGui, he tried to not thinking about her by focusing on his job but everytime he has free time his thoughts will always lead towards the girl who succeed to steal his heart.
 
"This is the first time I see this side of you. You're really serious about her"
 
"I am" he admitted, he wasn't afraid anymore to shout and tell everyone his true feelings
 
"Didn't you said that even if you're in a relationship you won't ever admit it publicly?"
 
"I guess I changed my mind" he smiled, it's funny how can she manage to easily change his beliefs.
 
 
***
 
 
"About before" Nickhun paused for a while while staring at Mei "I mean that you..."
 
"Mei I was wondering if you can help me carry some stuffs to the other room" GuiGui suddenly appeared, breaking the words that Nickhun was starting to say to the girl beside him
 
Nickhun closed his eyes, feeling exhausted by the behaviour of the two lovers. They are really tactless and has no sense to recognize the situation, he sighed and watched the two girls walking out of the room, leaving him alone with the sandwiches.
 
Past midnight, the four decided that it was time to sleep since Taecyeon and Nickhun needs to leave early to take the flight that they reserved.
As soon as they reached the room that GuiGui prepared for them his friend dived onto the bed and closed his eyes, few minutes later he was already soundly sleeping. On the other side Taecyeon was still fully awake, he kept on rolling on the bed trying to sleep, at the end he stepped out of the bed and walked out of the room.
 
He knocked on GuiGui's door "GuiGui..." he grabbed the door knob and twisted it "Are you still awake?"
 
"Oppa...sshhh" she looked at Mei who was already sleeping "Wait" she stepped out of the bed and walked towards him, she closed the door behind her and grabbed his wrist dragging him away "Mei doesn't like if her surroundings is noisy when she's sleeping" 
 
"I can't sleep" he complained and sat on the sofa, it was strange that he can't sleep
 
"I'll sing a lullaby to oppa so that you can sleep" she said and ordered him to lay his head on her legs. She then grabbed her phone and played the instrumental music of a song
 
"Actually, after all that happened
saying I like you
isn’t something easy for me
 
I'm afraid to act first
though I really want to talk to you
i type a text, hesitate, then delete it over and over.
 
Do you know how vulnerable I am?
It's true that fears are filling my mind
 
Now I am praying with all my heart
that I may have the courage to show you..
You are the person I am yearning for
 
Woo… i’m in love
woo… i'm falling in love
Whenever I see you,
I feel so happy
the world is so beautiful"
 
Taecyeon listened to the lullaby that GuiGui was sweetly singing for him, a smile designed his lips as he was slowly carried away by the sweetness of her voice, falling finally asleep...
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
Finally I updated a new chapter!!! Sorry if it took me time to write and post a new one, I've been busy with work however I'll always update this story whenever I can so please keep on reading it and support it!
Also I was planning to write a new one, but Love Footprints won't end that soon ^^ still want to write something more about this story before it ends ^^
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, I will update it again soon!! And here's the lullaby that GuiGui sang for Taec...I think it fits GuiGui's feelings for Taec, atleast in this story of mine..