CH.05 Sweet Jealousy

Love Footprints

"여보세요?" the other line answered, Taecyeon frowned when he heard a korean male voice picking up his call "여보세요?" the owner of the voice said once again.

Taecyeon looked at the screen of his mobile phone, wondering if he dialled the wrong number, hoping that it's just a mistake but seeing that it was really GuiGui's number made him feel uneasy. For a second he wanted to end the call and act like nothing happened but the weird feeling burning inside his chest won over his moral code.

"Is this GuiGui's phone?" he asked, trying to breathe and calm down

"Yes it is" the other line shortly answered

"Can you please hand the phone to her?" he politely asked and didn't realize that he closed his right hand in a hard fist

"She's already sleeping"

Upon hearing the other line's reply, he frowned even more. He raised his eyes to look at the wall clock, checking the time. It was already midnight in Korea so in Taiwan it was just 11 p.m. Probably GuiGui was really sleeping but the main question is why there was a guy with her? And what he was doing there? Who gave him the permission to answer her phone? Many questions were floating inside his mind. He was starting to feel annoyed by the guy's voice, by the whole situation itself and by the long distance between him and GuiGui. Not being able to be by her side makes him feel useless.

"Is that so?" he couldn't avoid the cold and sarcastic tone on his voice, not when a weird feeling was surrounding his chest  "May I know who am I talking to?"

"Hyun Joong on the line" he paused, carefully checking his next words "You're Ok Taecyeon,right?"

"Ah..sunbae. Taecyeon here" he doesn't know why he feels more insecure than before, even after knowing that who he's talking with is Kim Hyun Joong "Sorry for calling this late, I thought GuiGui was still awake"

"She got drunk and I just take her home"

"She got drunk?" he opened his eyes wide, he never saw GuiGui in a drunken state "Is she okay?"

"Yes, she threw up once we reached her home and then fell asleep"

At the word "we" Taecyeon felt even weirder, few months ago he was the only one who can use that word whenever he talks about GuiGui and him. Now the situation radically changed, some other man was ready to take his place.

"Thank you for taking care of her" those were the only words he was able to say at that moment. He wanted to change position with Hyun Joong but he was miles far away from the girl whom he wanted to take care of.

He ended the call and leaned against the sink of the kitchen, he suddenly felt powerless and tired.

"Are you okay?" Nickhun's voice woke him up from his deep thoughts

"Um" he nodded without conviction

"Did you manage to talk to GuiGui?" to Nickhun's question, Taecyeon shaked his head "So with who you talked with for this whole time?"

"With Hyun Joong sunbae"

"What? He answered your call?" Nickhun stared at him in disbelief

"He said that GuiGui got drunk and she took her home" he frowned after saying those words

"So now they are alone at her place?"

"She's sleeping" he harshly said, justifying GuiGui's side

"Yeah but still there are only the two of them at her place" Nickhun insisted, stating the truth "Man, we told you before that if you keep staying on your position some other guy will steal her away from you" he paused and stared at him "Instead of feeling jealous,you should move before it's too late"

"I'm not feeling jealous" he complained, horrified by just pronouncing the word "jealous"

"Right, your stiffened posture, your frowned brows, your closed fist.. These facts says it all" he chuckled "Ah..sweet love, sweet jealousy" he lastly said and turned his back on him

 

GuiGui opened her eyes while stretching her arms and sighed as she feels a slightly headache. She looked around her and wondered why she's laying on the sofa instead on her bed then all of a sudden short flashbacks came to her mind. She remembered when she threw up in the bathroom as soon as she opened the door of her house and Hyun Joong who helped her to lay down on the sofa.

"Hyun Joong" she whispered while looking around the room but there was no track of Hyun Joong's presence. He probably left already.

She put the blanket aside and stood up walking towards the kitchen, to her surprise she saw a man in front of her fridge

"Oh my.." she blurt out, getting frightened by what she saw

At the sound of her voice Hyun Joong turned his head and looked at her, when their eyes met he smiled at her making her heart skip a beat due to his bright smile.

"You're awake" he said and took out two eggs from the fridge

"I thought you already left" she said, walking towards him

"So you remember?" he slyly stared at her and started to whisk the eggs in a bowl

"Not really, I just remember few things" she paused for a second "Did I do or said something wrong?" she worriedly asked to him

Hyun Joong stopped what he was doing and carefully stared at her "So she doesn't remember how she called me last night before falling asleep" he thought and forced himself to smile "Let's see, you started to take off your shoes, then jacket, then..." he playfully , watching her reaction "Should I continue?"

"That's not true!" she complained, hitting his shoulder "I don't do those kind of things" she blinked her eyes, trying to act cool and not offended

At her cute behaviour, Hyun Joong released a soundful laugh. She was too cute to be true.

"I'm just kidding" his smile couldn't leave his lips, her reaction was too funny "No, you didn't do or said something weird" he then said, moving his attention to what he's cooking "Just sit there and wait for the food"

"Hmm okay" she obediently followed his words and sat on the vacant chair "So do you always cook?"

"Sometimes when I have time" he replied while cooking the whisked eggs on the frying pan "How about you?"

"I'm not very skilled at it" she laughed at her frankness, she didn't need to lie about her culinary skills "But I want to learn how to make some dishes"

"I can teach you some recipes" he offered while displaying the plate in front of her, an appetizing omelette was ready to be eaten

"Wooaaa!" she exclaimed while looking at the food "It looks delicious"

"You can eat" he smiled while pouring the orange juice on their glasses

"Thank you for the meal" she happily said taking a piece of the omelette and tasted it "Hmm..so delicious" she commented, enjoying the food that he prepared

"I'm glad you like it" he smiled and enjoyed watching her eating

"You're not eating?" she then asked him

"I'm okay with this orange juice, besides I need to go back to the hotel" he reluctantly said "We're going back to Korea in the afternoon"

"Ah..is that so?" she was a bit sad that he was leaving already. After all he was really nice to her, just like a good friend that you've known for years

"Are you feeling sad?" he jokingly asked her, at her silence he asked for her cellphone and typed on it "Whenever you feel lonely, or you need someone to talk to I'm storing my contact info in your phone so you can contact me whenever you want"

"Thanks" she replied, just like what other people say he was really a kind person

"I really need to go now" he said, standing up from the chair walking towards the living room and grabbed his black leather jacket "It was nice to meet you" he smiled at her "Don't forget what I said before, okay?"

"Okay" she nodded and opened the door "Have a safe trip" she lastly said and waved at him

"I'm sure we will meet again" he confidently said to her and then walked away.

As soon as she closed the door, the sound of a cheerful melody re-echoed in her place, she went to the kitchen and grabbed her phone. She couldn't hide her surprise when she saw the caller's id

"Hello?" she said, answering the call

"Hello, GuiGui?" a cheerful male voice replied from the other line "It's me Eric"

"PD-nim! How are you?" her smile widened "It's been a long time since we saw each other"

"I'm okay. How about you?"

"I'm doing fine" she said "Why this sudden call?" she asked him. They still keep in contact and follow each other on facebook but he never once called her even when they were shooting for GWGM.

"I haven't called Mina yet so you're the first girl whom I'm saying this" he paused for a while "We're calling the old couples of GWGM and invite them to shoot some special episodes. A sort of reunion" he started

"Ha?" was just her simple reply, she wasn't sure if she heard him right

"It will just have 4 to 5 episodes and I think it needs to be filmed for atleast 1 month and a half or maybe 2" he continued "I think you already know the reason why we're filming these special episodes" he laughed "Fans from all over the world kept asking to do a season 2 for TaecGui couple so in the end the whole staff discussed about it and we decided to film for 4-5 more episodes"

"Does Taecyeon oppa know about this already?"

"Yes, I just called him last night" at his answer, GuiGui's heart started to beat fast. Just the thought of seeing him again makes her nervous but at the same time excited.

"I'll talk with your manager for your schedule so we can organize when we can start filming" he added "I'll call you again in a few days but this information shouldn't be leaked out until further confirmation, okay?"

"Okay" she said and the call ended. She can feel that her knees became jellyish so she sat on the chair, trying to pull herself together. Few seconds later her phone started to ring again. She answered the call without checking the caller's id, she was too shocked for the sudden turntable events

"Hello?"

"Hello.." the other line paused for a while "It's me"

GuiGui blinked her eyes when she heard the voice coming from the other line. She immediately checked the caller's id on the screen of her phone and she can feel that her heart skipped a beat upon looking at the caller's name

"Taecyeon"

"Hi" she shyly greeted him "What's happening today? There's so many unexpected surprises!" she thought

"Hi" he replied back "How are you today?"

"I'm fine and you?"

"The same" he shortly replied "Did he left already?"

"Who?" she asked, confused by his question

"Hyun Joong"

"Yes..but hey! How did you know..?"

"Because I'm your stalker ha-ha-ha" he used a robotic voice "By the way I called you last night" he said, changing the topic

"Really?" she frowned because she was drunk and didn't hear her phone ringing

"I called because the PD said we're going to shoot some special episodes"

"I just finished talking with him few minutes ago" she paused "I still can't believe it"

"Me too" he laughed "So we're going to meet again"

"Right.." she bit her lower lip "Are you okay with it?"

"As long as you don't have other oppas" he jokingly said "Like Hyun Joong sunbae"

"I sense some jealousy on your words" she back, somehow it looks like they went back to what they used to be before

"Maybe?" he laughed again, when he heard that someone called out his name he reluctantly said to GuiGui "I need to go to work, see you soon" he said and ended the call.

GuiGui started to type on his phone, wanting to share her feelings to the whole world.

 "I'm so happy!!!!!!" she posted on her blog not explaining the reason of her happiness nor  hinting anything to her fans..

 

 

NOTE: WOOOOAAA this chapter was super long! I think it's one of my fave chapter so far now haha

I'm getting excited over my own fanfic LOL Hope you'll enjoy it!