Troublesome Days

Bad Girl, Good Girl

Before dawn came, the sound of water splashing and the smell of the salty sea came to Jihyo’s senses. She twitched her eyebrows and slowly opened her eyes. Is this the sea? The wind was delightfully refreshing as it brushed against her face. Although it was a little chilly it was still a wonderful feeling for her to snuggle with herself. By then she realized that she was covered with a thin blanket over her. She opened her eyes wide to see the night before dawn sky. She was inside a car under the bridge at Han River. When she rose up, she felt her head throbbing painfully. “Ah…” she groaned while massaging her forehead.

“You’re up?” a familiar voice from outside the car caught her attention. Jaejoong bent to look through the window, “Oh… your face looks swollen.” He said looking at Jihyo’s morning face.

She was shocked to see Jaejoong right in front of her, “Y-Yah! Why are you here?” she threw the blanket to the side while she got off the car. She was about to stumble but he was able to capture her shoulder.

“Slowly!” he scolded her, “I knew this would happened.” He said talking about how he assumed that she wouldn’t remember anything as soon as she woke up. “You were drunk, you dummy!” he flicked his finger on her forehead because he wanted to get back on what she did that night.

Jihyo groaned in pain, “Why are you hitting me! You punk!” it was obvious that Jihyo was not a morning person. But the pain in her head made it worst with all her shouting. “It hurts…” she said holding on to her head.

“I should start calling you Song Ji Yok from now on.” He sneered at her. He passed a bottle of water to her, “Hold it in, I’ll take you home.” He said while going to the other side of the car.

The situation was still was very confusing for her, she did not remember anything after going to the club. Why is he here? I don’t remember seeing him… She paused for a moment and looked up, Did he try to take advantage of me?! She turned around to look at him. “W-Why am I here?”

He sighed, he didn’t want her to remember what had happened last night. If she knew, it would be even more complicated. “I saw you at the club last night, you were pretty drunk. Some guy was going to take you home. Who knew what he might’ve done! So it was good that I ran into you.”

Jihyo nodded her head, “So you brought me here because you didn’t know where my house was?”

“Yeah, I tried to ask but you just kept sleeping. It’s also weird if I leave you at a hotel.” He said.

Jihyo had a blank face, but she just kept nodding her head. She got inside the car and still tried to remember what had happened that night. Jaejoong drove off although Jihyo was inside the car trying to remember what had happened last night. She remembered getting a few drinks, she thought about that while drinking the bottle of water. Then she remembered seeing Gary but it was just up to that point.

While driving Jaejoong noticed that she was thinking deeply to herself. She can’t probably remember right? He was nervous. ‘This doesn’t make sense… But I think I like you.’ Those words kept echoing inside his head. She was drunk, so I don’t think that it’d be true. He assured himself.

“Just drop me in front of the company. It’ll be stranger if you drop me home.” She told him.

“True, I don’t want to make the elders misunderstand.” He agreed.

They had arrived in front of the company by sunrise. “I’m leaving.” She said stepping out of the car but then suddenly Jaejoong heard a loud thud on the car so he turned to see that she had bumped the back of her head at the edge of the car roof. It sounded undoubtedly painful especially after seeing her agonizing in pain. “Aish! This is a sh*tty day!” she was angry after getting hurt but at the same time she felt ashamed. It scared the life out of Jaejoong as soon as she started screaming again. “The roofs too low!” he yelled at him. “This is a sh*tty sports car!” she cursed out again while slamming the door before leaving.

He felt extremely humiliated after he heard her curse his car out. “I can’t believe this woman.” He scowled at her. “She still deserved that! She can’t even say thank you after all the trouble I went through for her!” he shouted inside the car. “I’m even talking to myself now…” he felt disappointed after he gave too much concern these things.

-

The company had just opened up, the security guard greeted Jihyo awkwardly seeing her looking all draggy. She was embarrassed knowing that she’s looking at her most horrible state while standing in front of the mirrored elevator. She fixed her hair and straightened up her clothes. Song Jihyo, you’re an embarrassment. You stood in front of Jaejoong looking like this? She wiped out the smeared eye liner under her eyes. As soon as she left the elevator she called her mother and asked to deliver clothes to her at work.

When she got to her office, she washed up her face in the bathroom. ‘I like you’ those words suddenly came into head unconsciously. She stopped everything she was doing till then and dropped her hands to the side of her waist. Then the image of Jaejoong staring at her eyes came into her head. “I like you…” she repeated those words with .

Everything had suddenly come back to her, that time when she pulled his collar and forcing her lips to his. She gasped at what she remembered. Her heartbeat increased rapidly. She slapped her face with both of her hands to assure herself that it was a dream but it still happened. “What have I done!?”

-

Later that morning, Jihyo was in her office staring blankly in space. She remembered everything that had happened from getting drunk. She starts slapping her lips every time she remembered kissing Jaejoong. Meantime, Kwangsoo knocked at the door but Jihyo failed to hear it so he lets himself in. He sees her slapping and at the same time mumbling to herself. She’s gone nuts, she caught a foreign disease. After that she started hitting her head on the table. “Should I get you a hammer for that?” he asked her.

Jihyo finally came back to reality and saw Kwangsoo standing at the door. “What?” she was not able to hear him properly.

“I said, here’s the schedule for the meetings today.” He said passing a folder to her.

Jihyo took the folder from his hand. “I’ll look at it. Also, get me iced Americano and coarse A breakfast from the cafeteria. Hurry.” She insisted.

Kwangsoo ran out in a hurry after Jihyo ordered him.

-

Finally Jaejoong reached his condo at Kangnam. He slowly undressed himself and remembered that he was supposed to be at Changmin’s birthday party that night. He felt disappointed after all the trouble that had happened. But the image of Jihyo drunk and the sudden confession troubled him the most. Why should I be concerned with it? It’s not like she’s the only woman in this world who confessed to me. He stopped to realize what he thought about. Now I even see her as a woman? Kim Jaejoong, you have totally gone nuts.