Breakfast

Bad Girl, Good Girl

She stood behind him while he was entering the password to his condo. She tried to look over his shoulder but he’d just get closer to the lock to make sure she does not see. “It’s your birthday?” she asked.

“What’s it to you?” he turned around to say that. Just right then, the door unlocked. He turned back around to open the door but before that, he stopped Jihyo from moving further inside the house. “Wait, a minute.” He speculated about whether he should let her inside, but then he had no choice. “Once you enter, don’t touch anything. Just stay put inside the kitchen.” He asked.

“Why did you think I was going to steal anything?” she thought about what he told her. “I could less care!”

“Okay then.”

He opened the door and there they both entered. As soon as they reached the door step, Jihyo was surprised to see how neat and tidy his place was. She knew he lived alone, “Do you have a housekeeper here?” she looked around curiously to see that he had a large picture of himself in the middle of the living room. His picture covered most of one side of his wall. Does he get tired looking at himself sometimes? She thought.

“I just don’t let anyone inside.” He answered. It was true. He did not let anyone inside. Nor has Yoona ever stepped foot inside his place. It was difficult because he had neighbors who knew him and reporters waiting at his front door sometimes.

Jihyo was amazed with how he was very neat and organized. She swept her finger on a shelf to see that there was not a single dust on her finger. “So you clean this place by yourself?” she asked.

He did not answer, but he took a pair of slippers inside the cabinet. He dropped it in front of her. “Wear it.” He said.

She was dumbfounded, “You’re like a mother.”

The two went directly to the kitchen. They dropped all the groceries on top of the counter. “Unpack everything.” He told her.

“Why are you ordering me around?” she uttered out realizing that he was starting to get really annoying.

“Are you getting mad? You needed a favor and I’m helping you.” He conveyed to her.

Jihyo stood there silently as she started unpacking all the grocery. Jaejoong went to open his fridge and there were all sorts of food inside. There were home-cooked meals and also different side dishes. She was shocked to see, “You made all that?” she asked.

“No, I brought side dishes from home and but I cook my meals.” She just continued to nod her head. “What do you want to drink?”

“Beer!” she excitedly said.

He right away took out two cans. He opened a can and passes it to her. She was flattered that he did that for her. Right about then, they were starting to make deserts. They looked up different recipes together. Jihyo helped around with what Jaejoong asked her to do. She watched closely while he almost did all the work. He was so concentrated with making stuff. He’s really starting to look more attractive to me. If we do get married, I’d like it if he did this for me all the time. We can make dinner together, watch a movie together at the sofa, fall asleep in each other’s arms and waking up in the morning telling each other “Good morning”. She thought as she kept looking at him, and for a second their eyes caught each other. She cleared and looked the other way. But without knowing he still kept his eyes on her. Did he hear what I was thinking about?! She panicked.

At that moment, he grabbed her shoulder. She assumed right away that he was going to do something to her. She thought that he might lean for a kiss just like what happens in dramas. Her head was full of thoughts that got her over excited. She looked back at him and he said, “Can you pass me the beater?” he pointed at it which was at her side.

“O-Oh okay.” She stuttered. I must be seriously crazy.

“Jihyo-ah.” he wiped his chocolate covered finger on her cheek.

“Yah!”

The two still bickered around while baking. As they were waiting for their cake to get baked, they rested at the sofa for a while. Jaejoong had already noticed that it was already 3am in the morning. Jihyo fell asleep while watching TV, he took the remote from the table and turns it off. He went into his bedroom to take out covers. He came back to put the blanket over Jihyo. He made sure she was warm and comfortable, and there for a moment he sat on the coffee table and just stared at her sleeping. Staring at her felt pleasant, he wanted to brush her hair but he was afraid she’d wake up seeing an awkward situation.

-

It was already 10am in the morning. She felt the sun on her eyes while there were clanking noises of plates. She realized that she was still in Jaejoong’s house. She sat up and there she saw Jaejoong still in the kitchen, there was a sweet scent in the air. “Yah, did the cake get burned?” she worriedly ask.

“You slept all night, I did all the work.” He said while putting pancakes on the plate.

She quickly went over to him. “Breakfast!”

“Yah! Brush your teeth!” he tossed the toothbrush they bought last night. “It turned out useful after all.” He said.

Jihyo gritted her teeth and went to the bathroom. When she came out she saw the table already set. She grabbed a seat across from him, “Wow, this is so great.” She said looking at all the food that he had already made.

Is this what it feels like? Right now, sitting across him and eating breakfast… If only this could happen every morning. It feels like a dream, but I’m really happy.