Words Can't Describe

Bad Girl, Good Girl

The invited guests inside Jaejoong’s condo had already made themselves feel comfortable in the living room after the long dinner. They had classic music with some wine and coffee while they enjoyed some small discussions together. But for some reason, Jihyo sat there stiffly beside Jaejoong who had his arm resting around her shoulder. She had not said a word since dinner because all she could think about was how close he was to her right that moment. “The dinner was really delicious. It’s hard to  imagine a person as busy as you have time to practice these kinds of things.” Jessica says complementing the man in front of her.

He chuckled to her complement, “I just like to cook sometimes. I have also been living alone for a while so this is why I do this.” He says. “Although Jihyo did not help me one bit. She fell asleep before we were close to finishing.” He mentions Jihyo whose hands were locked on her lap, “Right hun?” he caressed her arm.

“Y-Yeah.” She answers. She still felt awkward after that kiss.

Jaejoong notices her behavior, so he grabs her hand because he knew it would calm her down. “Wow, you two look really close.” Jessica added again. Dongwook looks at his wife noticing her envy with the skinship the two naturally looked like they had. But he knew one thing was off. Dongwook had known that Jihyo was not the kind of girl who enjoyed anybody getting close to her. She was a very reserved person even with people she had been close to for a very long time. That was because he admired Jihyo first before he turned to Jessica. “When are you two planning to get married?” Jessica asks out of nowhere.

“We have no idea yet, before that, we still would like to get to know each other first.” Jaejoong says.

“Really?” Jihyo fervently gazes to Jaejoong’s eyes hoping he’d answer her with what she wants to her.

“Yeah.” He answered while smiling back at her.

The two had almost forgotten that they had guests in front of them. The moment was totally unexpected, because they just began to confess their feelings to each other. “I think we should get going. We should leave you two alone.” Jessica says while grabbing Dongwook’s hand. She felt disappointed with her husband because he wasn’t showing her affection to her. But that was because Dongwook felt suspicious about Jihyo and Jaejoong’s relationship.

“Really?” Jihyo asks her friend who was already getting up from her seat.

“We have to get home early because Dongwook still has work tomorrow morning.” She said.

“Oh alright, we’ll you out.”

Without realizing, Dongwook had left his car keys on the sofa. They had already all gone out dropping the two married couple at the elevator. As soon as they said their goodbyes Jaejoong and Jihyo were on their way back to the condo.

-

Dongwook and Jessica had already reached the parking lot, but as soon as Dongwook tries to grab his car keys in his pocket he felt nothing in there. “Hun, I think I left the keys back at their place.” He says

“Really?”

“Yeah, I’m going to go get it. Wait for me here okay?” he said.

Jessica nodded her head as her husband rushes of back to take the elevator again.

-

Jaejoong and Jihyo were in front of the condo. Before they got in, Jihyo grabs the man’s shirt in front of her. “Jaejoong-ah, I don’t understand what’s happening.” She says.

“Why?” he faces her but she did not look at him. “What’s wrong?” he asks.

“I don’t know what’s wrong…” she said, there were a lot of things going on in her mind but most of them were just worries.

“How am I supposed to help if I don’t know what’s going on in your mind.” He says.

Meanwhile, Dongwook had just reached the floor. He was about to turn to the corner when he heard a small conversation between the two. “Isn’t these all just lies?” he heard Jihyo’s voice. He was stunned for a moment so he stopped and stands by the wall. “Everything feels like a lie right now.” she was a bit rational with her words but she spoke the truth.

“Yah… Why are you talking like that?” Jaejoong asks, “You’re just thinking too much right now.”

She turned her eyes to him, “Don’t you still love her?” as soon as that question came out, she felt her energy dropping. She wanted to confirm that from him. The man in front of her could not answer that question. He just stares back at her without having a clue about what to say. She also felt that he did still love her because he could not respond to her right away. “I already told you once. I don’t want to get in between you two.” She says but then when she realized what she just had said she smirks. “I really am the bad one.” She turns away.

“S-Sorry…”

Those were the only words that Jaejoong could say that moment. A lot of things ran through his head, he knew he had a lot of thinking to do. But he did not want to say anything that could disappoint Jihyo more. He did not want to hurt her. Although he knew that he was not skeptical about what he had done earlier to her. “I don’t want to lie anymore.” Jihyo said before walking inside the condo to get her things. Jaejoong still stood there thinking things through.

Dongwook heard the whole conversation. He was confused but he knew one thing. “Jaejoong-shi” he called out to Jaejoong who was still perplexing about what had happened. The man looked at him alarmingly.

“Dongwook-shi.” Jaejoong had already thought that he must’ve heard their conversation judging by the look her carried. “I thought you left.” He said trying to gain back his composure.

“What was all that about?” Dongwook asked, he was riled about what had happened. “What lie?” he asked.

Jaejoong took a deep breath before he answered, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said.

It only angered him more because he felt deceived by the two, “Are you two really engaged?” he asked.

There were too many things going on inside Jaejoong’s head. How could he answer him if he can’t even properly answer Jihyo. “This is our business.”

Dongwook smirked, “I don’t know what you two are up to but you seem to be playing childish games.”

Jaejoong jerked his head up and pushes Dongwook towards the wall and pins him with his elbow. “What would you know?” he felt outrage, he was already confused and this man only made things worse for him.

However, Dongwook did not want to be pushed just like that by Jaejoong. So he gave all his strength by freeing himself from Jaejoong’s restrain. “Is this all you can do?” he sneered at him. They kept their voices down because they did not want Jihyo to hear. “You don’t deserve her then.” He asserted before entering the condo to get his keys. When he entered he saw Jihyo standing by the living room wiping her tears away. ‘She cries’ he thought. That was the first time he’s ever seen her that vulnerable. He concluded that their relationship must be a one-sided thing. ‘What does she even see in him’ he thought.

Jihyo was stunned to still see Dongwook, ‘OMG, why is he here?’ She stops wiping her tears away because she did not want him to know she cried but he already saw everything. “Why are you still here?” she asked with a cold voice.

“I left my keys.” He said while grabbing the keys on the sofa. “I’m leaving.” He waves without having a direct eye contact with Jihyo.

Just like that Dongwook disappears, leaving Jihyo to ponder about her worries. Jaejoong had not returned to his own condo and no one knew where he had gone off to.

-

It was already past 9 and Jaejoong sat at the bench were he had his conversation about breaking up with Yoona. He remembered saying that he could not let her go and how he decided that he’d rather want to be with her than pretend to be engaged to just please his parents. He said he’d be patient that things would return to how it was before but it did not seem to be like that. How he also wished he’d see her right now to confirm his feelings. He clenched his hair and slides his fingers through it. He looks up hoping to see the sky but only sees a tree covering it. He remembers Jihyo’s face suddenly. The look on her face when she felt disappointed with him made him feel the skies were falling. “What am I doing?” he blamed himself. He believed that he turned out to be still immature about these things.  

“You don’t deserve her.”

Those words that Dongwook said echoed inside his head, ‘Does he like her or something?’ he thought. Then again he thought of how he got to know Jihyo. He always thought that she was very sassy and derisive but then he reconsidered that because those were the only things he wanted to see in her but then as he got to know her more, so he revises that idea. She was more than that. She isn’t very lucid, and she thinks for herself and others. He does not really know her as much as he knows Yoona. But then he thought of what’s there left for him and Yoona.