Love Again

Bad Girl, Good Girl

There was a long noisy breakfast with Jihyo and Jaejoong. The two talked about random things. Both were afraid to look into each other’s eyes even when they made little jokes. They were happy. “You have something on your chin.” Jaejoong says, before Jihyo wiped off to clean it, he already reaches out his hand across the table to get a red paper sauce on her chin. “There…” he said.

Jihyo did not think too much but felt the natural skinship with him. She stared at him and admired his facial features. She looked at his eyes and for the first time she felt that she was drowning in that dark marble gaze on his eyes. She turned to look down to his chin then down to his collar bones and felt the tingling feeling below her abdomen. Then again she felt that she was too distracted to see this intoxicating man in front of her. “I-I am going to wash up.” She said while standing from her seat.

Jaejoong felt puzzled with her actions. “Don’t you think you’re getting to comfortable inside my house?” he says, “You sleep and you eat here, why not just live here.”

She paused to turn to look back at him, “Aren’t we getting married?” she responded instantly. She did not think about what she had said. Both were stunned for a moment, “Hahaha! You think I’d go that far?” she bluffed and felt her face turn extremely red when she turned her back at him.

He smirks back, “Don’t tell me you’re going to use my underwear this time!” Jihyo had already barged in the bathroom, Jaejoong looked at the dishes on the table. “Aigoo! Whoever marries this woman will have a miserable life.” He said while puts the dishes away. He kept thinking about how she’s going to wash up if she doesn’t have spare clothes. Images of her coming outside the bathroom wrapped around a towel and asking him if he could lend her some clothes kept repeating. He swallowed his saliva and let’s out a small cough.

Meanwhile, Jihyo peeks out from the bathroom and called to him, “Jaejoong-ah, my car keys are inside my bag. Can you get a paper bag inside my car? It has spare clothes in it. Just leave it by this door okay?” she said hurriedly and closes the door again.

Jaejoong stood there dumbfounded, “You tell me to do this and that… this woman… seriously…” he mumbled as he skimmed inside her bag when suddenly he saw the camera that he got her for her birthday. He took it out and looked closely. He turns it because he wondered about what pictures she had in there. She saw that she took random pictures, mostly was her brother Joongki. The two were really close, and if he did not know that those two were siblings, he’d think they were lovers. There were a lot of scenery pictures, and it all came to a stop when he noticed his picture there. It was from last night. She stole images of him cooking. He did not even know she took pictures of him. There was a sideview picture and backview. His heart skipped a beat. He turns of the camera right away and takes the keys to her car.

-

There had been an awkward silence between the two ever since Jihyo finished taking a shower. They sat there sitting on the couch watching a movie they had picked out in Netflix. Jaejoong took glances at her, she did not even notice him looking at her. Finally he broke the silence. “Jihyo-ah, after this fake engagement, what will you do?” he asked her.

“Why are you asking all of a sudden?” she turned to look at him.

“I mean, we all have to move on with our lives right?” he asked.

She thought for a second and said, “Of course we have to.”

He nodded his head and looked back at the TV again, then again he looked at her and found another question to ask. “I have something to ask.” He said.

“Eh… Why so serious?” she looked at him.

“Why did you break up with Jongkook hyung?” he frankly asked without thinking about the consequences of that question. “Wait, nevermind that question.” He added, “But did you ever find someone else after him?” the question changed but there was only one thing inside Jihyo’s mind. When the word love came, she could not think about no one else but instead of the man beside her.

“I tried, but then again, I’m no longer confident if I can open up to someone again. But that does not mean I’m open to any option.” She turned away from his gaze. “Why are you asking though? But just to let you know, your brother and I have been spending most of our time as friends. Those feelings disappeared over time. Although, I think about it once in a while like right now.” She said faking a laugh.

There was a long moment of silence. The two stared at the movie they watched but their minds were not focused on the movies but on each other. Finally, Jihyo said she needed a drink because she felt dry. She walked towards the fridge and got a glass without noticing that Jaejoong had followed her. She was about to drink water when suddenly she felt a hand grabbed her arm. She turned around and for the first time, she saw Jaejoong staring down at her. She places the glass down while she got pulled closer towards him. He lifted her chin up and gave her a peck on the right side of . He noticed her eyes closed and there he knew she did not resist him. Both their eyes met and finally their lips drew close to each other. They gave each other small kisses before they went deeper into one another’s embrace. Time for them felt as if everything stopped, then their minds drifted from worries and heart ache. They continued to wrap on to one another until they ran out of breath and slowly let’s go of one another. They continued to stare at each other’s eyes smiling and breathing with the same rhythm. That moment, they knew, that things won’t stay the same.

“Wait, what are we doing?” she asked him, without noticing she was still clinging her hands on to his.

He gave a little laugh, “Yeah, what are we doing?” he teasingly repeated her question. He caressed her cheek, as she took a deep breath. “What do you like so much about me?” he asked her. Suddenly, he felt a blow on his stomach. “Yah! What was that for?”

“Who said I like you so much!?” she blurted out. Her face turned flash red.

“Last night you kept calling out my name. Jaejoong-ah, Jaejoong-ah! Who knows what kind of dreams you have about me.” He teased.

She felt dying in embarrassment, “W-What!? My intentions towards you never went that far!” she said.

“Really? It’s okay if you tell me.”

Suddenly, they heard the doorbell ring. They two rushed to see who it was and finally. Jessica and Dongwook stood in front of the camera. “Jihyo-ah, Jaejoong-shi, we brought wine!” she held the bottle up high.

The two looked at one another, they almost forgot about the purpose for this whole event. They straightened out their clothes together before welcoming the couple outside the door. But before that, the two had finally confirmed their feelings for one another through that kiss. Jaejoong wondered for himself, whether he did what he did because of the feelings he saw from her. Although, he knew that he was ready to open up a whole new world for her in his life.