One Last Time

Bad Girl, Good Girl

It was time for someone else to know the truth about the fake engagement that Jihyo and Jaejoong planned the past months. She thought that she’d make it through without thinking that she’d have a stone heart. Before she knew it, she fell for his charms, and even though their relationship was mostly push and pull, she came to realize that if it weren’t for that, love would not have started.

There was only one person she could trust and whom she knew who’d be by her side which is her brother Joongki. Although, sometimes he can be a bit immature, but she trusted her brother.

These two who grew up together in the same kind of society and they understood each other like no one could. Joongki is graduating in business and in the next few years he’ll follow his father’s footsteps. There hasn’t been other choices for him but he didn’t hate it. Doing business ran in the family. He does not have a girlfriend but at least he can enjoy expensive hobbies.

“Noona, I know you don’t like it if I into your business. But you obviously have something for the guy, what’s wrong with that?” he said eyes right directly at his sister.

The two siblings were inside the family library, Jihyo sat on the singer arm chair while wrapping her arms around herself. Her eyes where unfocused as she kept looking back and forth from her brother and towards empty space.

“I look pathetic don’t I?” she said while holding on to Jaejoong’s sweater on her lap.

Jongki sighed and places his hands on his hips. “Aish, noona! Think for a second, this isn’t like you!”

“I know…”

Joongki sat on top of their father’s study desk while looking at his sister, “Alright… I think you had too much to drink… You should rest.” Her brother insisted.

He didn’t like meddling with other people’s business especially his sister seeing how reserved she is all the time. But when it came to his family’s business, he felt that he should propel chances of them being happy.

-

It was late, and Jaejoong still sat inside his car. His eyes were focused on a red medium sized box on his dashboard, he took a deep sigh before he grabbed it. He opens the box revealing a white gold wrist watch. It was custom made for one person. He debated whether or not he should give it today or give it to Jihyo some other day. Then he thought how pretty it would look around her wrist.

He closed his eyes and finally decided on what to do. But all he could think about was the sad eyes that Jihyo had that night. He saw the way her eyes dilated when they saw each other across the hall. It had been so long since they last saw one another but yet he gave up his change to make things right again. This time… he doesn’t want that… “Alright… This or nothing”

He turned his car engines on to back up from his parking spot.

-

The party had already ended, everyone left the Song’s residence while the maids were left to clean up after the guests. In the meantime, Jihyo’s already in her bedroom getting ready for bed. Jaejoong’s sweater laid at her side table, all she could think about was seeing him drifting away from him once again. She didn’t want to be disappointed again like that day in New York when she waited for him at the staircase in front of the museum. The feeling of knowing he won’t come and knowing that he’s running towards another girl made her body weaker. It won’t be long before the she announces the engagement will be broken… she wished time stopped.

At that moment, Jaejoong had arrived at the residence leaving his car parked at the entrance of the house. He hurried up the steps knocking until a maid opens the door for him. “Yes?”

“I need to speak with Jihyo.”

“I believe she’s already asleep sir.”

“Would you mind telling her I’m here?” he asked.

Suddenly, the housekeeper walks towards the door to see Jaejoong. “Let him in. Call the young miss.” The housekeeper insisted.

“Alright.”

Jaejoong came in and thanked the housekeeper. He stood by the door while holding onto the box on his hand. While waiting he thought of what words to say as soon as he sees her.

-

Meanwhile, Joongki just came out of his room to make sure that his sister had fallen asleep. But then he sees a maid about to knock on his sister’s door. “Mr. Kim’s looking for the young miss.” The maid said facing Joongki

“Jaejoong?” he asked.

“I believe so sir, he’s downstairs.”

Joongki seemed surprised, “Alright, don’t wake her up. I’ll go.”

The maid nodded. “Okay.”

-

Jaejoong still stood at the entrance and at that time, he saw Joongki coming down from the stairs. “Hyung, it’s late. Noona’s asleep.” Joongki says looking at the other man by the door. He seemed a bit flustered and in a rush.

“I know, I would just like to talk to her.” Jaejoong insisted while taking a step forward towards the other man.

Joongki had finally gotten down the stairs, “It’s been a long day. Come back another time.” The younger brother suggested.

However, Jaejoong didn’t want to be persistent. “Alright, I just wanted to give this to her. It’s my early Christmas present. I’m leaving the country for a tour, I might not be able to come back for that holiday.”

The younger man nodded, “Alright, I’ll give it to her as soon as she wakes up.” He took the box from Jaejoong’s hand assuming it’s some jewelry, although he thought that it would’ve been better if it was given to his sister directly from him.

While forcing a smile, Jaejoong’s last words for the younger man were, “Thank you and Goodnight.”

Just when he was about to turn around Joongki called out, “Hyung.”

“Yeah?” Jaejoong turned back.

“I think you should give this to her instead. She’s upstairs, the fourth door to the right.” he said while handing the box to the other man.

Jaejoong’s eyebrows rose and his eyes widen, “O-Oh… thank you.” He hurriedly took the box and ran up the stairs. He left the younger brother downstairs, he felt a bit rude but then he had bigger objectives.

Joongki sighed in disbelief, “Hyung, she gets cranky if you wake her up by the way.” He called out.

Although, Jaejoong already knew that, he remembered the first time Jihyo woke up seeing his face. It was a bit crazy because that night was the night she declared her feelings which started the whole scandal about them dating but then it was something he could laugh and reminisce about. Also, the woman was grumpy most of the time, but she showed her lovely side. There were also times he felt like losing his mind because of her but every moment was something he learned to appreciate. He finally understood that he was the stubborn one.

As soon as he opened wooden beige door by the end of the hallway, he felt like he was intruding for entering her room without her knowing... The first thing he saw a small candle lit by Jihyo’s bedside and the he thought was it was quite dangerous to sleep with a candle light on.  The scent of a Lavender lingered around the room so he assumed that Jihyo sleeps with a scented candle on. He also noticed the feminine vibe around the room. It was totally different from what he had imagined to be Jihyo’s room. She had her own study table by the window and a small couch across her bed, but it wasn’t time for him to be observing her room.

At that moment, his eyes spot a figure lying in bed with her head resting on her arm. Jihyo was scanning though her phone until she spots Jaejoong at the door. “O-Oh!” Jihyo pointed out. She was still awake after all.

“Oh, I should’ve knocked.” He said while knocking on the door. “Sorry.”

Jihyo quickly rose up from her bed, she realized that she’s in her night gown, “Aish…” she also remembered that she took off all her makeup. Feeling embarrassed, she covered herself under her blanket. “Yah! Why are you here?”

Jaejoong says walking towards her. “Oh, I came to see you. I asked permission from your brother so he let me up here.”

“It’s late, are you crazy?”

“I wouldn’t have came back if you would’ve just listened to what I wanted to say.” Jaejoong said, that moment, different assumptions came to Jihyo’s head.

She lowered the blanket over her face and all he could see was he eyes popping out, Jaejoong was already standing by her bedside. “What? What did you want to say?” she sounded irritated.

Jaejoong bit his lip, “At least look at me when I’m about to tell you something.”

“Yah, you came at the wrong moment.” She said, “Besides, you’re intruding my room without my permission.”

Jaejoong smirked, “Yah, you came to my place too. You even slept over.”

“Well I asked permission.”

“Really? It was forced.” Jaejoong said, but then he knew that he did not want to argue, “But listen, I really have to talk to you.”

“My brain’s not functioning right now come back another day.” Jihyo said burying her head under the blanket again.

Jaejoong sighed, “Jihyo-ah, this will be the only time I might have to say it.”

She felt her heart sinking, she had a lot of doubts, she was curious but then she can only think of the rejection that she had to endure the past few months without him. “I already told you what I had to say… I don’t want to repeat it again.”

“Do you think it’s as simple as that? Was it really all just a game for you?”

“Yes”

“Then look me in the eyes and say that you’re done with all this.”

“What’s the difference, I already said it earlier today.”

“Because right now I came back and I also have something to tell you.”

There was a pause, Jihyo lowered down the blanket covering her face. Jaejoong sat at her bedside with his eyes on her. However, he also felt nervous. “So, what do you have to tell me?”

“Alright… I want to apologize because now… I get it… We didn’t get a good start. I’m so foolish… but the past few months left me pondering about the mistakes and doubts I had about everything. But I came to realize that I really missed you. There wasn’t a day that went by when I didn’t think about you.”

Jihyo smirked, “Is that some script from your movies?”

“I’m serious…. I wasn’t able to respond that day because I did not know the answer. Yes, I dated Yoona but after that, hope for us just disappeared. I thought that things would still work out for us but then our time had stopped. I wasn’t ready to open up about it because my mind was still filled with that false hope.” Jaejoong said however, it did not make Jihyo feel better after bragging about his feelings for another woman. “I knew that you would not want to speak to me because I’ve only put you in a difficult spot. But I’ve never ignored the way you felt, I’m really thankful that I met you. I feel like I knew another me, somewhat real and somewhat different from the person I was before. I know you won’t trust me but I really wish we could start over.”

Jihyo sat their dumbfounded, “If that’s your sincere feelings it still doesn’t change anything.”

“I came back hoping you’d change your mind. Fake engagement or not, it really changed a lot. You came into my life without me realizing how much you’ve given me.”

Jihyo sat there listening while stealing glances toward his eyes. “What do you expect from me then?” She asked.

“Give me a chance, for us… because I love you.”

Those words stuck Jihyo’s heart, “I must be dreaming…”

Jaejoong gave out a small laugh, “This isn’t a dream dummy.” He said keeping her eyes locked to hers. “So, would you take this fool’s hand? If you hold me now I promise things will be different from now on.” He continued while holding his hand out for her.

A smile went on Jihyo’s face, she felt her eyes tearing up after hearing those words from Jaejoong. She had only dreamed of that moment, she slowly slips her arms out to grab his hand. The two smiled before Jaejoong leaned in close to give her a peck on the forehead. Their eyes were locked again while they blushed looking at one another.

“Thank you…” Jaejoong whispered while making his way towards Jihyo’s lips.

That night is the night he declared his intention for her. That moment felt like forever, a beautiful and miraculous moment that they both shared.

-

-

-

“I see oppa… I really wish you’d be happy…”

“I wish you all the happiness too…”

“Take care…”

“You too…”

With that final greeting, Yoona turned her back around. She headed across the street to go back to the company. During that moment, Jaejoong turned back around towards his car before leaving… Their stoy had ended as they separated ways, it was a lot to take in but they agreed to each other’s wishes.

-

-

-

3 years later…

-

-

-

It’s a bright sunny day, Jihyo wondered through her closet picking out clothes for the hot weather outside. It’s the middle of summer and she thought of wearing brighter and a cool dress. In the mean time, she checked out a pair of earring but then thought that it was too formal to wear on a casual date. She then opened the drawer right beside her closet. She took out a red box and smiled widely. She opened the box revealing a watch that Jaejoong gave her for an early Christmas present 3 years ago. She slipped it onto her wrist before checking out the watch hanging on to her wrist through the mirror.

“Okay, this looks good.”

She said while checking herself out in the mirror. She wore a white one piece dress and with white flats. She smiled at herself feeling satisfied with what she wore. She quickly grabbed her bag and hurried downstairs to greet the chauffer waiting for her with the car ready.

“Ajusshi, I’ll take the car today. Take a day off.” Jihyo quickly said.

“U-Uh… miss—“ the older man worriedly ask but was cut off when Jihyo grabbed the car keys from his hand.

“Oh, you’re wearing a new cologne today? It smells good. Your wife knows a good scent.” She complimented with a big smile on her face. “Anyways, tell Joongki not to be late today.”

“O-Oh… ok miss.”

Jihyo quickly drove the car off their residence. The driver was dumbfounded, the young miss had changed drastically from a cold blooded corporate director to a lovely lady as days kept passing by. It’s a huge difference but change turned out to be a good thing.

-

“Oppa! Oppa! We really missed you!”

“Please take a picture with us!”

“Oppa! Look over here!”

“Please have this oppa, you worked really hard.”

With all the attention, Jaejoong felt a bit overwhelmed. He greeted all his fans after 2 years of military service. He came out from the army looking manlier and civilized with his short haircut along with his army suit. Who doesn’t love a man in uniform? Jaejoong had changed, from the pretty boy celebrity to a humble looking man.

From a distance, Jihyo stood there eyeing her man being huddled around by a bunch of girls. She crossed her arms while watching him a yard away. At that moment, she felt irritated and hunks the horn on her car loud enough for all the attention to turn to her. Apparently her qualities of being competitive had not changed.

Jaejoong caught Jihyo standing by her black sedan, she smiled towards Jaejoong and walks towards him. All attention was towards her, a lot of people admired her beauty and overwhelming confidence while she smiled towards the man she loves. His heart skipped a beat as her hair blew over her shoulders and his only focused on the girl right in front of him.

“Jihyo-ah…”

“Congratulations” she said with a cold tone, she felt uncomfortable as his fans where still around. “You look different.”

“And so do you.” He smiled. “You’re lovelier…”

Everyone was shocked, Jihyo blushed, she places her hair behind her ear. “I’ve been waiting all these time for you dummy…”

“No… I’m glad you came into my life…” he stepped closer grabbing both of her arms until he felt the watch he gave her on her wrist. He held that hand up, “I hope I didn’t come too late…”

“You did, but it’s worth the wait.”

They both smiled, Jaejoong kisses her hand before staring her in the eyes. Jihyo’s lovely smile was the only thing that Jaejoong could see. Jihyo quickly grabbed Jaejoong’s arm dragging him away from the crowd.

-

At the same day, and 2 hours later, Jaejoong and Jihyo stood in front of a chapel. And between them was a priest, both of the families gathered in the chapel watching the two get married. They shared each other’s vows. Their promises made was emotional as both their families quietly listen. The arrangements were not extravagant, everyone they mostly cared for was present that day. They just wanted to get married as soon as possible, and for their dreams? They lived their dreams, money and popularity, but after all that, they found each other which seems to be more precious that the worlds riches.

Their hearts became one… “I love you Song Jihyo…”

Love comes in the most unexpected ways... it goes against all odds... so when it comes by, never miss it, never be afraid, put aside all doubts when you know it feels right. 

-

-

-

END

-

-

-

A/N: Thank you all for reading Bad Girl, Good Girl... It took a long time to finish this story but your support kept me going till this point. It really means a lot because I find it hard to finish a story. THANKS A LOT! ^^