Humming Love

Bad Girl, Good Girl
The minute someone decides to walk out of your life, that is the same moment in which the opportunity and space opens up for someone who actually deserves your love, to finally walk in…
—  DeAndre Carswell

-

It’s past midnight, Yoona and Jaejoong decided to meet up at a park nearby her house. Jaejoong sat on a bench just under the streetlight. He took deep breaths because he was unable to stay still. His frustration was at the although Yoona was calm but stressed about everything that was happening. The couple could not look at each other on the eye because they were trying to gather the words they wanted to say.

Right about time, Yoona broke the awkward atmosphere by saying, “Let’s break up.” She said without hesitation. “I can no longer be with you, oppa.”

Jaejoong grabbed her hand to pull her closer towards him. “I told you not to even think about that. I can’t do that.” He held on to her hand tightly, “I can’t be without you.” He said.

Yoona bit her lip, “Let’s be real oppa, even if we stay together we can never be happy.” She knew her words tore her up, “This is not only about us oppa…” she sat beside him with her eyes locked to his.

The two tried to hold their tears, “Don’t do this.” Jaejoong pleaded

“No oppa, don’t do this. I was extremely happy being with you, let’s end this while we still have good memories to keep.”

Jaejoong knew what Yoona pondered about his lifestyle. It was already problematic that he is a celebrity and at the same time he comes from a chaebool family. Because of that they never had a normal date, without having a problem with people watching them. But they still loved each other. “Love is not enough, oppa.” she continued to say.

He became distressed, Yoona got up from her seat but Jaejoong could not let go. She waited for a few moments because she knew he’d let her go. The bitter moment didn’t last long. Yoona had already left.

-

On that same night, Jihyo was in her office working overtime letting all her stress out. She loved the feeling of working endlessly; it kept her mind concentrated on one thing. However, her way of exhausting herself with work was the antidote to her solitary life. But this time work was not enough for her to get things off her mind. She considered a break for herself; she got up from her chair stretching her body.

“It’s late…” she said while looking at the time. She walked around her office then picked out a CD from the shelves. “It’s been a while since I listened to this.” She smiled then place the CD in her music player. It was Kim Jongkook’s album, the first song she wanted to listen to was ‘Loveable’.

The song began to play, she hummed along with the beat then her head started to move along. She enjoyed herself, no one was looking and it was a carefree moment for her, just right about then she saw someone standing at the door through the reflection on the window. She turned around to see her secretary, she froze right on the spot while the two exchanging glances. “M-Mam, I’m going to l-leave your Americano on the table.” he said rushing in her office, leaving the drink on the table.

“Y-you didn’t leave for work yet?” Jihyo awkwardly asked her secretary.

It was obvious that the secretary was terrified of Jihyo, but he could not pretend he did not see her boss dancing for first time. “No, I still have some work.” he pointed out, “By the way… I’m also Kim Jongkook’s fan.”

“Did I ask you?” Jihyo rudely replied, “Get out!” she yelled. Her secretary rushed to close the door. Jihyo regretted saying those words, because she was too embarrassed during that moment. She gritted her teeth then she sat back on her chair contemplating about her actions.

Meanwhile the secretary stood outside the door, “I even brought her Iced Americano, that vixen-like woman…” Jihyo’s secretary cursed out. “Yah, Lee Kwangsoo, pull yourself together! You can do this!” Kwangsoo encouraged himself then proceeded back to work.

-

Jihyo was not able to get some sleep because of all the work that she did. Her mother suddenly comes in her office with clothes brought along with her. “Are you going to live in your office?” she knew her mother was going to start fussing. “You are just like your father. Hopefully you did not yet forget that you are a woman.” She places the clothes on the sofa.

“I’ll take care of myself umma.” Jihyo said walking towards her mother.

“Quit your job when you get married, soon you’re going to have kids. They’ll need a mother to care for them, not a father.” Her mom said, “Why did your father pick that troublesome boy, he gets caught in scandals. If it could happen, I would’ve preferred his older brother. Although he might be a widower, he has some sense of responsibility because he’s taking care of his kids.” Madam Song continued while unpacking Jihyo’s breakfast on the table.

Jihyo got irritated, she opened the windows slightly. “Umma, you’re gonna leave a smell in my office.” She whined.

“A woman needs to eat to live!” she scolded her daughter, “About your marriage, you’re going to be wedded to Kim Jaejoong in a month so we’re going to start preparing.”

It was a huge shock for Jihyo to hear, “1 month?!” she shrieked.

On that the same time, someone had been standing at the door listening to the mother and daughter conversation. It was Yoona, the news about the official marriage for Jihyo and Jaejoong had been broken out. Yoona’s heart skipped a beat as soon as she knew of the news, but most of all she was about to breakdown realizing that the boss who is recruiting her is soon to be the bride of her boyfriend, x-boyfriend in fact.

Jihyo’s eyes caught Yoona standing at the door. She realized that she heard the conversation. 

-

A/N:

Thank you so much for reading! Really!!